Ashton

Name: Scootaloo

Species: Pegasus ("I'll fly one day!")

Eye colour: Magenta

Character colour: Orange

Mane/Tail/Other: Magenta

Physique: Small, still slightly chubby, but toning up as she gets older

Residence: Ponyville

Occupation: Student, Cutiemark Crusader, and (depending on when you ask her) Future adventurer/Wonderbolt/stuntpony/RockStar/SolarKnight/whatever-she-is-thinking-of-at-the-moment

Cutie Mark: ("I'm working on it! I'm trying everything I can think of! When I do get it, it's gonna be awesome!") none

Unique Traits: Unable to fly properly (but can hover for very short distances and use her wings to slow her fall or 'aim' for a softer landing) she normally blasts around town (recklessly) on her scooter

History:

Born in cloudsdale, but her family moved to ponyville recently to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city (and possibly because it was safer for their flight-impaired daughter and to escape the stigma) Scootaloo spent much of her first years to herself, seeing that most of the other pegasus fillies her age were learning to fly and the others either didn't want to be friends with the 'teased blankflank' or couldn't handle how adventurous she was.

Her parents, Seeing her desire for more than walking, she was given a scooter for hearthwarming one year and barely a day has gone by that she hasn't used it (sometimes to the chagrin of her friends who are taken along for a wild ride) Her inability to discover her talent has lead to a lot of ridicule from other fillies her age, which is what lead her to befriend fellow "blank flank" Sweetiebelle (The fact Scootaloo's mother was a frequent visitor to the Carousel Boutique probably didn't hurt either). In a curious twist this bullying was also how she met her third friend, Applebloom and ultimately the formation of their club the "Cutiemark Crusaders" (and since then the three have been almost inseparable) Since banding together with her friends though, her resistance to the bullying has grown noticeably, to the point it as unfortunately shifted from her lack of a cutiemark to her inability to fly, though doubtlessly in time even that will fade and Scootaloo will look back on it saying it made her all the stronger by learning to overcome it.

From the time she came to ponyville, her eyes quickly landed on Rainbow Dash and she has been idolizing her ever since. This has been a bit of a mixed bag for Scootaloo since it pushes her to always try to impress her idol (and later unofficial "big sis") and landed her in some sort of trouble as often as it's turned out well. It's also a reminder of her inability to fly - though she sees it as another reason to push herself harder. Her two greatest dreams are to fly alongside Rainbow one day and for Dash to be the first pony to see her cutiemark when she gets it.

Character Summary:

Always eager to impress (especially Rainbow Dash), Scootaloo is usually full of energy and easily excitable. She's always willing to help in whatever zany scheme her friends have cooked up to get their cutiemarks (and supplying more than a few of her own). Though she maintains a very tight circle of close friends, she's always outgoing and glad to lend a hoof where she can.

Adventure might as well be her middle name, while caution is not even in her dictionary as she has more than once rushed headfirst into something without thinking (luckily some of her more dangerous plans were curtailed by her friends.) It was only recently her friends even talked her into wearing pads when blasting around on her scooter.

Image:

s4_e5__ride_on_scooting_star_by_esuka-d6xwsp1.png

Song

Archived