Why are equestria girls mutants.

Why are my little pony equestria girls mutants, like why do the mane 6 have pony ears but everyone else at the school has regular ears. Why are the diamond dogs humans but spike is a dog. Why did the sirens clearly die but somehow the Dazzlings did not? Does that mean the Sirens were really just possessing random loser girls at a school? Or the Sirens were just an alter ego of the Dazzlings? Why are there no black people at Equestria High, like Zecora? There are people with blue skin, green skin, but not much people with brown skin. Is it like 1960? Also, why does Rarity have a really cool sounding keyboard in the pre-release short, but never use it? Also, why is Fluttershy shown eating meat in the first Equestra Girls movie, or was it just supposed to be a veggie burger. And why has noone used the teleporter if the location is so obvious? Unless it is a one-way teleporter, which means Twlight is stuck in lameville forever (like me T_T

i beg for forgiveness

Why are my little pony equestria girls mutants, like why do the mane 6 have pony ears but everyone else at the school has regular ears? - They only get full pony ears at the end of the first film and when they play music in the second one. I think it's pretty well established that it's because of the Equestrian magic brought to the world or something like that.

Why are the diamond dogs humans but spike is a dog? - I have no idea. I guess both ponies and diamond dogs become humans in the other world, but dragons become dogs. Always seemed kind of arbitrary to me.

Why did the sirens clearly die but somehow the Dazzlings did not? Does that mean the Sirens were really just possessing random loser girls at a school? Or the Sirens were just an alter ego of the Dazzlings? - it's hard to really say. The sirens we saw seemed to come out of the Dazzlings bodies. Were those their true forms or just some kind of projection of their inner magic or something? They seemed kind of incorporeal and more like projections than anything. It could be that the sirens had possessed existing girls, but it could be any number of things really. My take is that those were just manifestations of their power while the human forms are their real bodies (just like the strange alicorn thing is some kind of manifestation of the Rainbooms' power).

Why are there no black people at Equestria High, like Zecora? There are people with blue skin, green skin, but not much people with brown skin. Is it like 1960? - umm, because it's not the same as the real world and race and skin color clearly work different. The colors are the same colors as ponies in Equestria are. In Equestria we really don't see near as many ponies colored black or brown as we do brighter pastel colors. And Zecora herself is two shades of gray rather than black. Why she isn't in the film, I don't know. They made an EG doll for her and everything if I recall, so you think they would have put her in somewhere.

Also, why does Rarity have a really cool sounding keyboard in the pre-release short, but never use it? - because they were afraid to make the movie too awesome for people to handle.

Also, why is Fluttershy shown eating meat in the first Equestra Girls movie, or was it just supposed to be a veggie burger? - why wouldn't she be eating meat? she's human in this world and I don't believe it was ever stated that she doesn't (or if it was, I don't recall it). If it's just because she cares about animals, people can do that without being vegetarians. Twilight eating meat could be a better question, since she isn't really a human but a pony who has become human, but eh, the reason the ponies don't eat meat I think is more just because ponies usually don't more than any sort of objection.

And why has noone used the teleporter if the location is so obvious? - the thing Twilight used to get there the second time? Didn't she make that herself using her knowledge of science and magic? Wouldn't have been there to use before that.

Also, why is Fluttershy shown eating meat in the first Equestra Girls movie, or was it just supposed to be a veggie burger? - why wouldn't she be eating meat? she's human in this world and I don't believe it was ever stated that she doesn't (or if it was, I don't recall it). If it's just because she cares about animals, people can do that without being vegetarians.

False, most food animals are enslaved and tortured, only vegetarians cared about animals.

Also, why is Fluttershy shown eating meat in the first Equestra Girls movie, or was it just supposed to be a veggie burger? - why wouldn't she be eating meat? she's human in this world and I don't believe it was ever stated that she doesn't (or if it was, I don't recall it). If it's just because she cares about animals, people can do that without being vegetarians.

False, most food animals are enslaved and tortured, only vegetarians cared about animals.

Yeah, that's a pretty flatly ridiculous generalization. :???:

It's very possible for people to have nuanced opinions about such things if they keep a maturity and understanding about them. There are plenty of people who might lobby for better treatment of animals or promote an animal shelter as Fluttershy does in the film, without feeling the need to eliminate meat from their diet.

I'm not a vegetarian, and I care greatly about animals. I know some vegetarians that are vegetarians for reasons that have nothing to do with activism. Some are for the sake of religion.

I also know plenty of people who work in shelters and have many pets (like Fluttershy in EQG) that eat meat. The two are not mutually exclusive and such views are very short sided. Some of them choose to eat organic and/or free range. But not all of them do. If you want to think of those burgers as veggie burgers you may.

That said... I'll address some of your worries the way I see it...

First off... mutants... Raridash explained this pretty well. But for fun, I'll expand upon it!

There are two definitions. In one definition, YOU are a mutant. Yes indeedy. If you've ever had a virus, been in the sun, or in general lived, your DNA has CHANGED. And that makes you a mutant! Cool huh? If you mean the other thing, then yes, they are TECHNICALLY mutants because their forms change when their magic activates. They gain pony ears and pony tails and wings... This does make them mutants, in the most literal sense of the definition, but they revert after the magic leaves them. This is much like the Hulk of Marvel, whom is technically classified as a mutant in the Marvel Universe (but many don't see him as such, opting instead to focus on Peter Parker and the X-Men. So if you want the answer to as why, the answer is "magic."

For the Spike being a dog thing, that is actually a simple answer. Every character correlates to something in the other world. In EQG world, Spike is a dog, so when he passes through the portal, he becomes the species of his inuniverse counterpart. Which is a dog. We can surmise from the comics that all parallel universes are at some level connected. Because of this passing through portals, may in fact change the species based on what the in universe counterpart is. There is no guarantee that all dragons will turn into dogs. Some may actually turn into actual dragons (eg Komodo or bearded) or other species, some may actually turn into humans. It all depends on what their counterpart is.

The sirens didn't actually die. The embodiment of their power did. And when those were shattered the source of their power followed suit (the gem). I would have sworn this was obvious. That is like saying destroying the Alicorn Amulet when it was being wielded by Trixie would have killed her, just because she was wearing it. This is equal to the alicorn which was the embodiment of the Mane 6 (7?)'s rainbow power. Honestly, the likely reason the Mane 6/7 won is because their power came from within and was powered by something far greater than the Siren's gems which was external (again see Magic Duel).

Woah woah woah. Who said Zecora was black??? She is just a Zebra, just because Zebras come from Africa does not make her character black. What it does is make her a separate species from pony, which leads back to the point of "characters reflect the species of their counterpart." Her counterpart is human so she is human. If her human counterpart went through the portal she would then become a Zebra (a completely different species from pony, they even say this IN THE SHOW! ("She isn't a Pony, she's a zebra 'and they come from a far away land (or something to that degree)'"). Race in culture is entirely a social construct. It actually changes based on where you are in the world. As for the colours of the characters that too is based on the colour of the counterpart. So Zecora, not being black in Equestria, would not be black in EQG. She would match the colours of her original character. As to why this is... simple. it is a kids show/movie and it makes characters EASIER TO IDENTIFY.

Why not the keyboard?! Because keytars are awesome! Just look at

and
I'm actually VERY disappointed that they didn't give Twilight a theremin, since a pony could easily play one as a human. You don't need to use your fingers, it is all based on electromagnetic fields! I mean come on! She could have been a vocalist AND on the theremin! And that would have opened the possibility to better 70s and 80s style of music. I mean I can only see positives.

As for no one using the teleport. I suspect there may have been accidents, but most would have been returned by the guardians of the portal when it was open, and probably people thought it was just a dream. Again Twilight said it herself, if SHE said she came from a world of magical ponies everyone would think she was crazy. No one, except Sunset Shimmer knew about the portal and the time activation of when it opened. So it is no surprise that it was kept fairly under wraps. And it is possible that Principle Celestia and Vice Principle Luna knew more than they were letting on. So people couldn't just enter willy nilly. Twilight had to use the book that was connected between worlds to force open the portal. And that was created with Celestia's magic.

What a silly thing to say..

If the X-Men have taught me anything, it's that mutants are not to be hated and feared. They use their powers for the benefit of mankind, so that the two races can live in harmony. Mutants are our friends! Think of the X-Men!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZAhqEiq4cA

But what about The Brotherhood?

For the Sirens I believe that even in Equestria before being banished their power came from their amulets in their chests. When crossing over these amulets became gems that they wore as humans. Destroying this was like destroying a magical artifact, and while it didn't kill them it neutralized their ability to lure others with their songs.

It wasn't what kept them alive like Changelings needing love. It was more like the more hate they absorbed the stronger they became.

I haven't seen the movie but like wasn't the music/singing basically how they "ate" ? So Twilight and crew just condemned them to starvation? :razz:

Yeah, when they compare it to eating,I think they're just speaking in metaphor. The sirens eat regular food, as one particular line from the film which has been quoted into meme status proves.

Or in destroying their gems they are turned into normal humans, and thus would maintain in a normal fashion. There are many possibilities, but I do not think they are doomed to starvation.

Yeah, that's a pretty flatly ridiculous generalization. :???:

It's very possible for people to have nuanced opinions about such things if they keep a maturity and understanding about them. There are plenty of people who might lobby for better treatment of animals or promote an animal shelter as Fluttershy does in the film, without feeling the need to eliminate meat from their diet.

That's like a Nazi lobbying for better treatment for Jews, but in the meantime they still do their civic duty and fight for Germany.

I'm not a vegetarian, and I care greatly about animals. I know some vegetarians that are vegetarians for reasons that have nothing to do with activism. Some are for the sake of religion.

I also know plenty of people who work in shelters and have many pets (like Fluttershy in EQG) that eat meat. The two are not mutually exclusive and such views are very short sided. Some of them choose to eat organic and/or free range. But not all of them do. If you want to think of those burgers as veggie burgers you may.

wot tldr; also fail at logic because I never said all vegetarians were good, in fact I don't respect a lot of vegetarians either. Once I take over the world I will make mcdonalds illegal, I will only let you hunt because it's natural even though I don't like it. So yeah, I could see someone who hunts once a year to feed their family letting them slide but not mcdonalds cod kids.

That's like a Nazi lobbying for better treatment for Jews, but in the meantime they still do their civic duty and fight for Germany.

My dad is a vegetarian, but not because of the animals. He did it because he was on the verge of diabetes. Animal rights isn't the only reason a person can become a vegetarian.

wot tldr; also fail at logic because I never said all vegetarians were good, in fact I don't respect a lot of vegetarians either. Once I take over the world I will make mcdonalds illegal, I will only let you hunt because it's natural even though I don't like it. So yeah, I could see someone who hunts once a year to feed their family letting them slide but not mcdonalds cod kids.

Thank you for the Godwin's Law comparison. But since you did....

You mean like Oskar Schindler or Karl Plagge?

And... you missed my point entirely. My point was you can't generalize. Everyone has their own reasons for being the way they are. Someone eats meat may very well care for animals more than vegetarians. And vegetarians may not eat meat because they physically can't or any other number of reasons. Basically Fluttershy didn't have to be vegetarian. Saying that she should have been vegetarian because of who she is, is a very short sighted view.

Yeah... that is really an extreme and faulty comparison that isn't going to help your argument any. :/

Vegetarianism is a simple lifestyle choice. Nazism was a government system that took control of and dominated a country. Lobbying for animal rights in America or elsewhere in the free modern world might not do much, but it might get laws passed to improve things. Lobbying openly against Adolf Hitler, however, probably wouldn't have gotten you anything but dead. As Starswirl points out, the examples of people who did work to save Jewish lives while part of the Nazi party, like Schindler and Plagge, are pretty widely considered as heroic for it, and I'd say rightly so.

The point remains that you can't really generalize people. It's perfectly possible to feel that there are problems with how animals are treated in food processing and try to encourage change while still eating meat.

My dad is a vegetarian, but not because of the animals. He did it because he was on the verge of diabetes. Animal rights isn't the only reason a person can become a vegetarian.

If you would kindly read the post directly above yours...I already adressed that repetitive statement numerous times.

Bottom line is, I wouldn't eat meat even if animals weren't mistreated and tortured, but you people have the nerve to say you can care about animals, even while you still eat them AND they were still being mistreated and tortured.

Is cafeteria food free range? Organic? Most likely not. Unless you are vegetarian, hunt 1 buffalo a year like a Native American, or only eat exclusively organic and free-range meat, I don't want to hear it.

Sorry, I misread that. :blush:

Well, it is true that people love animals but still eat meat. Killing other things is just a part of nature. Animals kill other animals all the time. It's just a way of life. If humans didn't eat any meat whatsoever, the world would probably be overpopulated with cows or pigs or something. Though I'll accept it that some people have other beliefs, so I'm just going to dive back into the threadpool here...

Also, isn't organic meat still meat? Just without the chemicals?

Also also, cafeteria meat isn't meat. Heck, it isn't food. It's just about as processed as McDonald's chicken nuggets to me.

Bottom line is, I wouldn't eat meat even if animals weren't mistreated and tortured,

Well that's your decision. No need to put others down for their life choices.

but you people have the nerve to say you can care about animals, even while you still eat them AND they were still being mistreated and tortured.

And you have the nerve to generalize all of these people? Excuse you. But I didn't take care of the animals at my local shelter for 2 years because I was indifferent, I didn't constantly worry about my dog toward the end of her life because all the cool kids were doing it, and I sure as hell didn't try to save three lost dogs because it was convenient to me. I did it because I cared and still do care a WHOLE lot about animals. Yet, as I type this, I'm enjoying a lovely plate of chicken. Why? Because it tastes good. And it's good for me!

Is cafeteria food free range? Organic? Most likely not.

well I guess that depends on which cafeteria you ask.

Unless you are vegetarian, hunt 1 buffalo a year like a Native American, or only eat exclusively organic and free-range meat, I don't want to hear it.

Don't want to hear it? Then why'd you bring it up in the first place? :razz:

Archived