Kings of the Shadow World (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Since the dawn of time, murder has never ceased to be a common occurrence in Equestria. Death has come for many people at the hands of others for many reasons. Whether it be for personal gain, for revenge, for power, or even just for the thrill of death, many lives have been absorbed into the void after watching their lives drain from their bodies.

Then there are those who call themselves the Bloodmoon Order. For over a thousand years, this guild of assassins has kept to the shadows and under the cover of the dark, have undone the lives of any and all who fall prey to their blades. It is said that for a price, the assassins will honor a request of death when one prays to an unknown entity worshiped by the Order known as "The Darkness." Led by the current Prophet, named Chaosweaver, and the four current Death Knights, Moonshield, Mephisto, Hailstorm, and "The Oracle," a new age of darkness will descend upon the land.

As long as the Order has existed, so too has the growing opposition from Canterlot. The Bloodmoon Order has been a threat to Equestria since the day of it's first murder. The Royal Sisters have desperately sought to bring the assassins to justice once and for all, only for their efforts to be in vain. No enemy of Equestria, not even Discord himself, has stricken fear into the hearts of the Sisters quite like the Bloodmoon Order has.

((Present Day))

Deep within the sanctuary of the Bloodmoon Order, nestled in the depths of the Everfree Forest, a young assassin with the Executioner rank named Kane was practicing shooting targets with his bow. His shot was deadly and earned him many contracts in his career. Nearby his beloved girlfriend Autumn was reading a spellbook and practicing new spells. Silverthorn was sprawled out on a couch relaxing, drinking a glass of wine. Two members of the Silencers, the most elite assassins, named Soulscream and Gleaming Blade, were having a private conversation in the corner.

((Still looking for a good picture so you get an idea of the uniforms, but for now just imagine the DB armor from Skyrim, only imagine a heavy armor version if you so desire.))

((CUE THE THEME MUSIC!

))

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((I hate the look of the Dark Brotherhood uniform, what about the Nightingale armor, that looks awesome!))

a white coated mare sat in darkness with her feet propped up on a table. the faint glow of tobacco burning in pipe which revealed Killjoy's face faintly as she inhaled. Her crimson eyes pierced the air with the signs of murder. She was in the Silencer ranking. Something in her lap gleamed brightly as the red glow hit it. A curved sword, a Katana with numerous tallies scratched into the blade. Beside her was a crossbow with strange marking on the wood and magical metal the bent and always went back to it's original shape which gives the crossbow major power when firing it.

((Eh, sure. So, crazy Killjoy this time? Lol))

Silverthorn took a sip from her wine and looked over to Autumn, who, along with her regular uniform minus the hood, was wearing a black bow in her hair. "Autumn, darling, that is the cutest bow. It makes your hair look stunning." Autumn smiled to her close friend. "Thanks hun. Got it from my last contract. Some snobby teenage girls were picking on some poor girl, and she wanted some payback." She adjusted it in her hair. "It looks better on me anyway." She said with a unsettling giggle.

((I'd be alright with the Nightingale armor.))

Azure Blade, a young initiate, sat alone cleaning his daggers and watching all older members communicate knowing he was still new. Black Frost, an Executioner who is gifted with an unknown ice magic, sat at one of tables with a glass of vintage wine he'd 'acquired' from a recent contract. Silencers Nameless Trax and Shadow Moon were out on a contract together, but the contract was assigned weeks ago and they havent been seen since.

A messenger came and walked to Killjoy who stood up and sheathed her sword. The messenger handed her the note which was a contract, and assassination on some noble whose been taxing the poor for far too long. The Contracted listed his location and physical features, it didn't list a name but it didn't matter, she got all she needed. After all, you need not know a name to kill someone. Killjoy dumped out her pipe and pocketed it. She then grabbed her crossbow and put it over her shoulder. "looks like this noble royally bucked up if they requested me by name." she said to herself as she noticed that she was personally requested. Requesting the "Lady of Death"

Suddenly there was a silence in the sanctuary as a hooded figure entered. It was Moonshield, one of the Death Knights of the Order. Of the four, he was the best fighter. He looked at Azure with a glare. "Today's your lucky day, initiate." He said, throwing a folded contract into his lap. "You're going with these three on a contract. Some businessman wants you to ambush a rival companies stock before it reaches Canterlot. Don't buck this up." He said sternly to Azure, Kane, Autumn and Silverthorn. He then turned to Soul and Blade. "You two. Trax and Shadow have been missing for days. Find out where the buck they are." Finally he rested his eyes on Killjoy. "I see that you've already been given your assignment. The Prophet has been very pleased with your work as of late, Lady of Death." He said with a sly grin.

"Would the prophet expect any less of me?" Killjoy replied with a confident smirk and tone. "Besides, I prefer to call my work a hobby. I love what I do so why half ass it?" she started heading for the the and stopped right beside it "I'll be back in two days." she said as she walked out.

"Yes Sir, Consider it done." Azure said popping up glancing at the older Members for their readiness to leave.

Two dark shapes leaped onto a rooftop in the middle of Canterlot, "Did we lose em?" One asked out of breath, an arrow slammed into the roof between them, "That would be a no..." The other one said before spining around catching a second arrow and taking out his own bow and fireing back. 100 yards away a Mare caught the arrow inches from her heart and snapped it in her grasp, "Cute... Your turn.." She said as another Mare appeared beside her holding out her hand and snapping her fingers, for a split second the world went mute then a blast of sound like a bullet was sent at Trax and Shadow. "Oh for the love of-" Shadow cursed as they went to evade but were knocked off the building. The two Mares went to see if they had succeeded but they found no sign and ventured off to pick up the trail again. After they left Shadow and Trax stumbled out of the shadows battered and scared up, "We need to get back to the Prophet, he needs to know about them, the whole Order is in danger."

The others were already ready. "Alright, we should get going." Kane said, quickly checking his gear. "Don't worry dear..." Silverthorn said seductively, gently running her fingers through Azure's head. "We'll look after you." she winked and turned away, swishing her tail in his face. Autumn rolled her eyes. "Don't worry about her, she likes to tease the male initiates." She whispered to Azure as her horn began to light up. "Get close, guys. I'll teleport us as close as I can."

Soul and Blade left the sanctuary and headed for where they last knew of Trax and Shadow being. "Do you think they're alive?" Blade asked. Soul shrugged. "What besides the princesses themselves could kill two Silencers?"

"Oh, and Killjoy." Moonshield said before Killjoy left. "There's a bonus for style." he said with a sly smirk, he appreciated messy kills greatly.

Azure gulped hoping he could impress them and not be known for being a screw up.

Trax peered around the corner as Shadow dropped behind and flattened against the wall, Trax held up his hand and then clenched it, like clockwork they streamed through the streets with ease side stepping around carts and boxes. But without warning an arrow slammed through Traxs right shoulder causing him to take a deep breath from shock, Shadow sped ahead and caught him, "Trax stay with me, we're gonna get out of this..."

Nearly 300 yards away the beautiful mare known as Octavia Melody stood putting her bow on her back, "Echo deary, make sure they cant get away." She said as the other Mare came up from behind her, "Gladly, such a beautiful sound isnt it?" Echo asked pulling back her hood revealing her batpony race ears and fangs, she held up her hand again with a purple and green ring on her middle finger, Echo snapped sending another bullet like blast at them from the great distance.

Shadows ears twitched and as he looked up it was too late, the explosion sounded throughout the city, the street was in rubble and boxes and carts splintered everywhere. Trax propped himself up against the building wall, "Shadow.... Shadow where are you?" He said before using the wall to snap the arrow in half then draw it out from his chest, "Ack, dammit, we should have fought back when we had the chance." He cursed out loud. Shadow lay just beyond him, the left side of his face was covered in blood. Trax stumbled up and glanced around finally spotting him, "Shadow..." Trax stumbled over to him and began to weakly pick him up from under the arm, the two began to trek onward slowly. There was slight noise behind them but before Trax could move he felt weight on his back and he Shadow went forward, he landed onto the ground and Shadow rolled into a building. Instantly Echo was on Shadow propping him up against the wall and holding a simple dagger to his throat, Shadow opened his right eye and gritted his teeth, Echo leaned in close to him grinning, "My my arnt you the handsome bat... been awhile since I've met my own kind." She said seductively licking his bloody cheek. Trax struggled up but felt a hard kick in the side then a jab in stomach, suddenly he was pushed into the wall, "I suppose you wont be telling us where your hideout is or who is leading the Order without a little persuasion first?" Octavia asked choking him with one hand and holding knife to his gut, Trax gritted his teeth, "... You'd have better luck with this wall... shouldnt you be stringing cordes instead of hunting down honest working men?" Trax countered with a playful wink which earned him a tighter squeeze around the throat. "Where is the Bloodmoon Orders hideout at?" She asked threatening to jab the blade into his side.

Suddenly a sharp prick could be felt on the back of Tavi's neck as Soul held his blade to her neck, easily able to thrust it through at any moment. Blade's twin blades were held at Echo's throat like scissors. "Sorry ladies, but those two belong us." Soul said. "And I suggest you let them go unless you want to be turned into manikins." Blade added coldly.

Autumn teleported the group to a hillside. Nearby the light of a few torches surrounding a supply wagon were making their way down a nearby road. "That must be them. Get into position to ambush."

Azure nodded and took a quick glide with his wings into the tree hanging over the road, he pulled out three knives and held between his fingers as he clinched his fist ready to spring into action.

Tavi smiled slightly, "Oh really? But hes so cute and cool, maybe I want him," She began as she dropped the knife and pressed closer to him caressing his face then kissing him, Trax was unsure what to do and didnt have the strength to push her off but he didnt mind it though he was wishing it would be under better circumstances, She pulled back biting his lip as she did. "Echo." She said simply. Echo smirked and snapped her fingers teleporting quickly behind Blade wrapping her legs around his neck and flinging him at Soul, in the midst Tavi dove out of the way, Trax went wide eyed as Blade slammed into them crashing through the wall. Tavi turned around and saw Shadow holding Echos left arm behind her and a dagger to her throat. "If you know whats good for you and your friend, you'll leave, or her neck becomes a fountain of blood." He demanded coldly. Echo moved her free hand behind his head and pushed it forward as she looked back and kissed him, Shadow jerked back tasteing his own blood in his mouth, she had bitten his lip in the kiss, Echo stood in position and held out her hand again snapping as Tavi touched her shoulder but this time they vanished in a pulse of bleak sound. Shadow fell to one knee and placed his hand over the bloody left side of his face, "...****, we went from Silencers to new bloods in one evening, the Prophets not going to like his let alone the Listener..." He mumbled tiredly.

Autumn's horn lit up as she drew a dagger. Silverthorn and Kane drew back their bows. They waited as the caravan slowly came into view. "Remember, swift and silently. Don't give them a chance to scream." Kane whispered.

Soul and Blade stood up and dusted themselves off. "They're fast, skilled, and above all else, they're mean. I like them." Soul said. "I'm sure the Prophet will be interested in those two." Blade turned back to Shadow and Trax. "Don't worry, the Prophet has mellowed in his old age. You'll probably just get a good punch in the face. Now let's get home."

In a town not too far from Ponyville, Citizens were rallied into the courtyard for their monthly taxes. A snobbish looking pony went through the crowd with a list asking everyone if they have paid, the ones who haven't get dragged out of the crowd and into the dungeon. Though today it seemed like no one has paid. The Noble was in his mansion on the balcony furious once he heard the news, he looked down at the crowd "Insects, all of them. They have defied me for the last time, Captain, order a mass exe-" he turned back to witness something out of a nightmare. All the guards in the mansion were dead including everyone in the same room. He was frozen by fear fore he didn't hear any of the horrors committed just behind him and standing before him was a mare dressed in black covered in blood. "W-who are you?" he asked as his voice shook. Killjoy chuckled "Names are of no importance...only titles. You can call me Lady of Death..." she said leaning close to his face "and you driven all of your citizens to the edge to where all their tax money went to me." her eyes seemed to claw at the Noble's soul. The noble started to whimper faintly "What are you going to do to me?" he asked looking around hoping someone would come in and stop her. Killjoy laughed and tilted her head "well isn't it obvious? I'm hear to kill you..." she said pulling out any trace of courage the noble had left. He started to scream, hoping someone would hear him but his screams went to choking as Killjoy's fist slammed into his throat. Killjoy got a cord and quickly wrapped around his neck before kicking him off the balcony. His neck broke once the cord caught him, leaving him on display for all to see. Guards rushed into the mansion but Killjoy was already gone without a trace. The only sounds they heard was the Citizens cheering and clapping.

"They're not ones to recruit. The princesses have assembled a task force to wipe us out, we'll need to tell the other members to be careful on their missions from now on." Trax said standing up weakly. Trax helped Shadow to his feet, "Lets get out of here."

Azure prepared to drop as the carriage neared the tree, his breath slowed down silencing his heartbeat, his dark blue eyes glared down on the driver.

"The Prophet can work wonders. Anything's possible. Anybody can commit a murder." Soul said as the four headed back to the sanctuary.

Kane released his arrow and immediately a caravan guard was down. He fired another and another guard was dead. "Light 'em up." He said as Autumn incinerated another.

The Driver panicked and held the reigns up high but before he could bring them down three kuni struck his chest, then another pierced his throat and pinned him to the carriage, the cart stopped under the tree. Azure dropped in the drivers seat and took his blade from the drivers neck, he backed flipped off as a guard threw his spear missing him completely. Another Guard came at Azure as he landed but was met with a sleek black sword into his chest, Azure dashed to grab the sword and twisted it so the blade was pointing up then Azure drove his sword up slicing the guard through head. The Other Guard unsheathed his sword and after a moments hesitation from seeing his comrade killed brutally before, he lunged forward swinging but Azure spun to the side and like a clean cut of wind, the guard fell to the ground with his head rolling away. Azure sheathed his black sword on his back and placed his dagger in back its scabbard on his lower back.

Kane and Silverthorn each drew their blades and quickly put down more soldiers as Autumn blasted more of them with her destruction magic.

The four silencers returned to the sanctuary. "Are either of you severely injured?" Soul asked once they were safely inside.

"I will be fine, Trax is the one who needs medical help." Shadow told him as he passed off Trax to two healers who then took him away. Shadow took a hair band and tied his hair back leaving enough to cover the left side of his face which he had wrapped in bandages. "Lets go make a report to the Prophet, he needs to know we completed the job at least we can tell that for good news."

Azure snuck around the carriage and opened the door to look inside. "What do we have on here?"

In the Prophet's chambers, Chaosweaver sat meditating. Shadows swirled around him as he communicated with the Darkness. A servant entered the room. "Honorable Prophet, the missing silencers have returned. One of them is seeking medical attention. Silencer Killjoy has also completed her contract and should return soon." Chaosweaver stopped mediating for a moment and turned to the servant. "Send in the Silencer who was not injured. I wish to hear a report from him. Also have Killjoy come in once she returns." The servant bowed and left.

The last of the soldiers were put down, and Kane joined Azure in looking into the carriage. "Lots of gold and supplies, that's for sure. See if you can find anything important."

Azure nodded and climbed right in and began rummaging through the gold and supplies.

Shadow entered into the Prophets room and took a knee bowing his head, "Prophet, Silencer Trax and I were sent on a contract to assassinate a General in the Royal army, after a week of stalking and patience we seized a perfect chance and kill him without anyone knowing... Or so we thought. Two Mares came out of nowhere and engaged us in battle head on, but instead we thought we could lose them in the city, we were wrong and have payed dearly for our mistake." He said placing a hand over his bandaged face. "These two Mares, I believe they are the Princesses new guards, ones trained to kill our Order, contracts into Canterlot are more dangerous than ever. We chose too late to fight, but I know Trax and I can end them easily if we fight them head on." He said again with determination in his serpent amber eyes.

Prophet Chaosweaver stood and approached Shadow. He gave a strange smirk as he watched the Silencer. "My child, do not think you have failed, for you have done something that the Darkness sees potential in." He said surprisingly smoothly. "You and Trax completed your contract...and found potential members in the process. Yes, I have indeed heard of the ones you encountered. Have you ever wondered to yourself, my dear brother of death, are even the most righteous immune of sin?"

Archived