Kings of the Shadow World (Private)

MetalBronyATL

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaosweaver grunted and turned back for his chambers. "I told you *cough* I'm fine!" He said in an irritated tone. "Send Killjoy to me *cough* when she is well." He entered his chambers without saying another word, only a symphony of violent coughing.

There was a silence in the room as no answer to Trax's question came. Moonshield shook his head, signaling he did not know the answer. Suddenly another prescence entered the room. It was an old bat pony entering the room, wearing a dark robe and a veil over his face, walking with a cane. The Oracle, the third death knight, was a mysterious member of the Order, having lived for thousands of years and always acting as a counsel to new Prophets. "Chaosweaver is one of the best Prophets the Order has ever had. The Darkness will allow him a graceful death before his successor is chosen." He then looked to Trax. "Your confusion is understood. Come, walk with me." He said, turning to head to another part of the sanctuary.

The healers began to work on Killjoy, slowly healing her wounds and trying to relocate her injured shoulder.

After a while, Killjoy awoke. "oh good, you're awake." one of the healers said. "how long was I out?" Killjoy asked slowly sitting up. She noticed something different, like her vision has been shifted to one side. "you're probably wondering why you're vision isn't as...normal. Well, we tried very hard...but we couldn't save your right eye. It was mangled beyond repair." The healer said grimly. Killjoy felt the bandages over her eye confirming the healer's words. 

The Oracle stopped as he looked into the underground river flowing through the sanctuary. "You've spoken to the Darkness itself yes?" He asked, leaning on his cane.

Moonshield and Mephisto entered and saw the condition Killjoy was in. "Well, at least you are alive." Moonshield said. "Can you move your arm?"

Killjoy rolled her arm, it was sore but nothing major "it's functional...that is all that matters. I'll make him pay..." She said through gritted teeth as she felt the bandages on her eye. "I'll do to him what he did to me tenfold."

"Well can you walk? The Prophet still wanted to see you." Moonshield said, wondering how the Prophet would react to Killjoy.

The Oracle watched the river for a moment before speaking again. "The Darkness will speak directly to the next Prophet before the old one dies. However, the Sacred Book of Law states only Death Knights may ascend to become Prophets. I'm sure you're confused on what this means for you, am I right?"

Killjoy got out of the bed and stood, she limped heavily on her left leg as she took a few steps. She knew it was going to be a while before she was able to fight again. "then let us not waste any time. Lead on."

Moonshield guided her to the Prophet's chambers. "He's inside." He said plainly, wondering what he will do with her.

The Oracle was silent for a moment. "It means the Darkness had another Prophet in mind...a death knight to ascend as is the law. Only one death knight is to be chosen, and the others lose any chance of ascending. But that death knight fell out of favor, and so the Darkness chose another one he favored."

Chaosweaver coughed violently as Killjoy entered. He finally stopped and looked at Killjoy. He sighed as he sat on his dark throne. "Hailstorm.....did he do this to you?" He asked quietly in a raspy voice.

"I am humbled to be recognized by such, I only wish Chaosweaver didnt have to die for me to ascend to such a rank. I guess sacrifices must be made to gain more power." Trax said looking into the water and seeing himself but dressed as the prophet.

((What if Trax had to kill the Prophet in order to take his position, a character builder for Trax?))

Chaosweaver had another violent coughing fit before continuing. "You did not fail me....nor the Order.....but I'm afraid *cough* the Darkness is not pleased...."

((I'm kinda doing something like that.))

The Oracle was silent for a moment. "It's a shame too....all the Order hated him, but he was selected. The Darkness works mysteriously. Now that he's no longer a death knight, another couldn't be selected. Now it seems it fell to you."

"I'm willing to take what the darkness has in store for me...I deserve every bit of it. I knew I should have stayed and died...let my failure be the end of me instead of coming back and shaming our name." Killjoy's voice shook as she felt the bandage over where her right eye used to be "just let it be quick..."

"And I am beyond honored to take up such a position, I know the Darkness will help guide me through its hardships, and make me strong. I cant help but imagine how much you must resent me right now, taking a position that could have been yours, but instead fell to somepony under you." Trax said sighing.

The Oracle chuckled to himself. "You didn't steal the title from me, my friend." He went silent for a moment before continuing. "You stole it from Hailstorm."

"Death...does not come for you now.....you will live." Chaosweaver was barely able to say before coughing again. "But if you don't avenge yourself....you will be d@mned. Hailstorm...must die.....or you will die forever."

"Havent even become Prophet yet and already I have an enemy number one, I guess I'd keep Killjoy on him, maybe send one of the other Death Knights with for back, if she needs it." Trax said knowing he shouldnt be barking orders out yet.

Killjoy looked up "if it's vengeance I must take, then it shall be done. I'll make sure his screams are heard in the void before I cast him into it." she said bowing. "is there anything else you need of me?"

Archived