Kings of the Shadow World (Private)

MetalBronyATL

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaosweaver stepped from the shadows and approached Azure. "You're the initiate who went with the others on the caravan contract, yes?" He asked is a smooth, haunting tone.

Hailstorm went into a secluded area of the sanctuary to practice his combat and magic. "That insolent foal....daring to defy me." He said to himself in anger as he blasted a dummy. Another entered the room. "You deserve to be defied." Soul said, standing in the doorway.

Chaosweaver smiled and stepped closer to Azure. "Good, my child. You have succeeded in your first contract, and the Darkness is pleased. You've proven that you are of use to the Order." A servant dropped a sack of gold next to him, as well as three more for the others. "Go now and rest, you've earned the blessing of the Darkness this day....Slayer." He said, implying that Azure was promoted.

Hailstorm glared at Soul. "What do you want, worm?" He asked menacingly. Soul showed no fear as he approached the Death Knight. "I don't care who you are or what your position is, you will stop running this order into the ground." He said sternly. Hailstorm chuckled. "And what are you going to do about it, silencer? I could crush you like a bug!" Soul spat at Hailstorm. "This bug is venomous, Hailstorm. I'd watch what you say."

Azure dipped his head gratefully, "Thank you Prophet, I serve only the darkness." He said before picking up the gold and heading out. Azure went to each of the members who went on the contract and handed them their share.

((Oooooh snap, Soul just told him off bruh.))

Tavi walked into her house, she went to a lamp and turned it on, then proceeded to undress. She got halfway through taking off her top before froze, in one fluid motion she took a knife spinning around and launching it into the darkness. There was a thud as the knife struck something thick, half the room was alit by another lamp, there with half his face in the shade sat Trax in an armchair holding a book with the knife lodged into it. "No no, please continue, pretend I'm not here." He said smartly, Tavi glared at him not saying anything but glanced at her gear just beside her. "Please dont," Trax began interrupting her thoughts, "I'd hate for things to get nasty again." He warned while setting down the book on the nightstand. Tavi put her hands on her hips and leaned to the side with a smirk, "Big talk for a Stallion who was shot through the back with an arrow just hours ago, I think your the one whos yet again underestimated me, wouldnt be the first time would it." She challenged him, glancing again at her gear. Trax smiled, "Yes the wound is a bit of a damper, but now that I know what your like, I feel a little more confident now." He said cracking his knuckles. Tavi glanced again at her, "Wanna test that theory?" At that both where frozen still, seconds past by before Trax took out a coin and flipped into the air. The very second it hit the floor Tavi moved grabbing her dagger but she turned around Trax was in her face knocking the blade away and pushing her up against the wall, but in the end they had knives to eachothers throat. "Your better than you give credit for." He said keeping his footing, "And you should put away your second blade... its poking me in a very personal spot, usually you take me out to dinner before this kind of treatment." She said with raised eyebrow and smirk. Trax sighed and rolled his eyes before the lights went off then came back on with Tavi just standing there on guard. "Hes good... too good..."

((Oh yeah....it's about to get real))

Hailstorm grabbed Soul by the throat and held him against the wall. Soul immediately reacted by pulling a knife out and stabbing Hailstorm in the arm, causing him to yell and drop him. "You just broke a rule in the Sacred Book of Law, Hailstorm." He said, brushing himself off. "You struck another member of the Order. Now you must be dealt with." Soul spartan kicked Hailstorm out into the main hallway. Hailstorm got up and glared at Soul. "I will enjoy killing you."

((lol just a typical bar fight))

Azure heard some noise from the main hallway but didnt react knowing there were better qualified roaming the halls, "Another drunk Slayer thinking hes the Darknesses gift again."

Killjoy just so happened to be in the hallway watching "oh my, this should be interesting. A Death Knight and a Silencer lashing out at each other and breaking the rules. What drama." she said to herself playfully "I can hardly contain myself in this excitement. Should I break it up or just sit back and let them handle it, It's so hard to choose."

((Soul is only a Silencer, and he is defending himself because Hailstorm struck first, so only Hailstorm is breaking a rule))

Soul watched Hailstorm with his blade drawn. "You're invoking the wrath of the Darkness, Hailstorm. The Prophet will not take kindly to your treachery." Hailstorm laughed. "And you think I care? You think I care about you're petty little cult? You think I care about your worthless Prophet and his insane 'conversations' with his imaginary friend? No, I'm only here to kill maggots like you." He swung his blade at Soul, who blocked it quickly.

((Oh, well actually Soul invoked it by disrespecting a higher ranking member, so Soul did break the rules. Plus I'm pretty sure somewhere in the book of Law it says that fighting in the sanctuary is prohibited. lol Though now Hailstorm broke them by pointing a blade to another member.))

A Crossbow bolt hit the wall just barely missing Hail and Soul's faces "You both will be in serious trouble if...well I'm actually pretty sure the Prophet has already seen you two messing up the main halls. So the darkness would want to deal with both of you." Killjoy said slinging her crossbow onto her back and sat back in her chair "So how about you two stop stop this...childish dispute before the Prophet comes in here and make us all unhappy. If you keep going, your punishment will only get more severe." She said with a sly grin.

((There's a difference between disrespect and calling somebody out. Sometimes even the highest authority needs to have their flaws pointed out. Bottom line, I may not have played this scene out as well as I should, but Soul is in the right here. That's actually important for the plot.))

Soul sheathed his sword and turned away, willing to let the conflict drop. Hailstorm, however, was still on the offensive. "Don't speak to me that way, wh0re. You're as worthless as the rest of this cult of filth." He said harshly to Killjoy.

((Now Soul, spitting on someone is completely disrespectful. Plus the way he pointed out Hail's flaws was not constructive. Yeah it could have totally been written a little better lol))

Killjoy's glared daggers at Hailstorm, suddenly a bolt slammed into his sword causing it to fly into the wall "your playing a dangerous game Hail..." the tone of her voice was now serious laced with the whispers of death. "If you do not cease this stupidity, I'll make you. You will not point a blade towards your comrades."

The room was silent as everyone gathered to watch were slowly backing off.

Hailstorm glared at Killjoy. "You dare threaten me little filly? I have had enough of you. Taste my fury!" He shouted as a bolt of lightning shot from his horn towards Killjoy. It just barely missed her head and singed a few hairs. Soul, who was walking away behind Killjoy, turned around to see what was going on, and took the full force of the blast. He fell to the ground, not moving. The sanctuary got silent.

Killjoy didn't flinch as the lightning went passed her head. She looked back at Soul and then back at Hailstorm "your aim needs work...though unfortunately for you, I now have the right to punish you severely. You struck out against numerous members of the Order, I hereby Challenge you Hailstorm to a duel. The price of losing is revoking all titles and banishment from the order." She got up and put her hands together "Darkness, I need your acceptance of me punishing this heretic for his sins."

A small stream of shadow came from an unknown source and entered into Killjoy's heart. Faint whispers in an unknown language filled her mind. "Strike...without...mercy." A final whisper said. Another whispered entered Hailstorm's mind. "You...will...die." Hailstorm ignored it and glared at Killjoy. "Fine. The training hall. Don't make me wait." He said as he went to prepare for the fight.

In an alleyway in Canterlot, a trail of dead citizens lined a dimly lit street. Two masked assassins stood over them, their weapons bloody, only these were not assassins of the Bloodmoon Order.

Killjoy smirked "oh I won't...I can promise you that." She said in a sinister tone as she phlled the bolts out of the wall and put them back in her quiver. She looked around at crowd "well start placing you bets ponies and get good seats, its going to be a show."

Blade kneeled by Soul's side and looked over him. "He's not dead." He said, looking at Kane. "Take him to the medical ward." Kane nodded as he lifted up Soul and prepared to take him away. "And by the way....I think we finally have a new Death Knight."

Most of the sanctuary had gathered in the training dungeon. Hailstorm swung a longsword a few times before grabbing a massive mace in the others. "That foolish little filly is going to learn her place today."

Shadow walked through town coming from Blacks house, he enjoyed the wine and their talks, but he needed his sleep. He paused near an alley, his nose twitched, the scent of blood in massive amounts lingered in the air. But there was something else that bothered him more, he placed his hand on his bandaged left eye then took it off, the wound was healed like it never happened. "Whos there?"

Suddenly there were several columns of shadows as four assassins stepped out. Rather than the traditional armor of the Bloodmoon Order, they wore a much different set of equipment. They were members of the Shadow Hunters, the bitter rival of the Bloodmoon Order. The little bit of good that existed in the Bloodmoon Order was nowhere to be found in the Shadow Hunters. "Stand down, Bloodmoon. Make your death an easy one."

Killjoy stood with a dulled training katana in her hands. Her eyes were locked on Hailstorm, she stepped from side to side, he left hand grasped tightly on the bottom of the hilt as her right hand was loose on the top to provide torque on her swings. She held the sword low but the blade pointing high at her opponent's throat. it was little known that Killjoy was a master in the art of Kindo, her skill with a katana was unrivaled.

Shadow glanced from assassin to assassin sizing them up, he'd run into them before and had to kill them, they were good and were trained well but their lack mercy made them dangerous. "At the moment I do not wish to fight, I've had quite the night and would appreciate to go home and rest my eyes. Please step aside." He said coldly as his eyes flashed with warning.

Hailstorm glared at Killjoy, his weapons at the ready. Mephisto had gotten word of the fight and joined the others to watch. "The Darkness itself is watching you two. The winner shall be forgiven of any sins committed leading up to this fight, and shall be rewarded appropriately. In this case, the title of Death Knight. The loser is either exiled forever from the Order....or dies." The wisest death knight spoke.

The leader drew two swords and got into a fighting stance as the others did the same. None of them spoke a word as their answers were clear.

"I'll be sure to burn the chair you sat on, don't want your filth on me when I take your place. Everything in your room, will be mine, but of course I'm burning those too. Though I'll think I'll be generous." Killjoy grinned from ear to ear. "Do wish for a non lethal duel...or a fight to the death? The choice is yours."

Shadow sighed as he slid a black tanto blade from his sleeve into his hand, "If that is how you want to go about this, then I will make this quick." Shadow held the blade out in front of him and put his left foot back balancing perfectly, his amber glare watched them like the devil.

Archived