Kings of the Shadow World (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Shade lit up his hands with a light purple aura, "We shall see." He said as he formed a horn with his magic and inserted it into the lockbox.

Meanwhle in Canterlot, Hazel trained on the lessons Killjoy had taught her before she mysteriously left. Hazels mind was clear, she had been thankful that whoever was giving her flowers since she was a kid, had finally come back after a few years and was again giving her flowers and notes. Tavi had gone home early, seemed she always did now-a-days. Echo and Rosemary continued doing the Kingdoms work, although with Rosemarys help, Echo was able to sleep more often now. Stryker had put his Soldiers on guard around the castle, with both the princesses down, the City was under a looming threat. Hazel sighed after taking a swig of water from her canteen, "I can't help wonder what Oakly and Venom are doing right about now. Hopefully not dying, cause I'm gonna kill them myself for leaving me."

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lockbox glowed with a bright light for a brief moment before the lock flung open and the box opened slightly. Kane's eyes widened with surprise. "You did it! It's open!" He said excitedly. "So let's find out what's inside?" Venom said. Kane gently lifted the lid all the way off and looked inside. The box contained a ceremonial sacrificial dagger with very skilled and ornate designs of skeletons and hooded figures on the hilt. The blade contained mysterious runes. "A dagger...?" Venom asked with confusion. "Not just any dagger." A voice came from behind as Mephisto and Moonshield entered. "The Godslayer. A weapon created together by Akephalos and Nergal. It was to be given to the dark lords of the first men so they could sacrifice to the gods, but when Nergal betrayed the other gods, he used this weapon to murder them." Mephisto said. 

"Yeah, well we're gonna give him a taste of his own medicine." Oakly said darkly as he starred at the dagger, revenge clawed at him for what Nergal did to his father. Shade dipped his head, "I am glad to have been a service, but I must off, after all I do have a kingdom to run. Farewell my Friends." He told them before vanishing in a purple cloud.

"It will have to do, Killjoy left with the armor and sword of the first godslayer, so as of now this dagger is the only thing we have that can kill him." Mephisto said. "Where is Nergal now?" Venom asked. "I don't know, it will take all we have to stop him though. A feel a battle for the ages is coming soon." Moonshield said.

"So we lure him to us then, entice him with something he can't ignore?" Oakly suggested picking up the daggar to examine it. 

Hazel stood in front of Tavi's house holding a fee scrolls for Tavi to sign, as she knocked, the door opened slightly. "She must have not closed it all the way." Hazel peaked in but saw no one, "Miss Melody? Are you here?" She called out but received no answer, stepping in Hazel glanced around seeing stairs at the back. "She does well for herself, Oakly must have had a good childhood. Miss Melody!" She called again but still no answer, she started up the stairs and heard faint breathing coming from what she could only assume was Tavi's room. "Tavi?" She opened the door slightly peaking in. The scrolls dropped from her arms, her eyes wide in shock as she saw the man who closely resembled Oakly, and even more shocked when noticed the cloak with the Bloodmoons insignia hanging from a coat hanger. "What are you doing here?" The words froze Hazel stiff with fear as Tavi stood behind her, spining her head around slightly she saw a pair of violet eyes glaring down at her. Hazel shivered before shaking her head clear and standing straight up, attempting to act strong, "I want to know the meaning of this!" She declared strongly, "Also I have scrolls from Echo that need you're signature!" She added in the same tone. Tavi held her glare a few heartbeats longer before sighing in utter defeat, unable to lie to her, "Grab a seat Hazel, its a long one."

"Luring him here will bring so many of his shadow minions that we'll be dead before he even gets to us." Moonshield said as he opened a map. "However, if we launch a full assault on him, we can catch him off guard." Mephisto shook his head. "None of us are strong enough to fight a guard." He said. Venom looked at the dagger with determination. "Oakly...its time to do what we were meant to do. It's time for our friend to walk the earth again." 

"Agreed, time to get him in on this battle." Oakly said with a slight nod, "Lets get started."

"Well that explains why he looks like Oakly, and Oh my Gosh Tavi! Its such a heartbreaking love story!" Hazel said swooning against Tavi. Tavi had told Hazel everything from the moment she met Trax in her younger years to now, even admitting she was breaking the law by harboring him in her home. Hazel got serious, "Tavi, you know this is wrong, he's a criminal, the Leader of Murderers! Tavi, I have to turn him in." Tavi sighed looking at Trax as he lay unconscious, "I don't know if I can Deary, please, don't tell anyone about this. I can't just abandoned the Father of my Son." Hazel frowned and nodded, but she knew what she had to do, regardless of how much she respected Tavi.

• 2 weeks later...

The group arrived at a large fortress that had mysteriously been raised near the edge of Equestria by the sea. Surrounding it was what seemed like thousands of Nergal's shadow minions. "Looks like this is the place. We have to distract Nergal long enough for Oakly and Venom to get to the dimensional riff in the castle and summon Akephalos. Then we can find uh this." Moonshield said. "I can teleport you inside when you're ready." Autumn said, the same nervousness in her voice that seemed to reach everybody else. 

Nergal sat deep below the ground in meditation, the souls he had stolen circling around him. "It's time..."

Oakly stared wide eyed at the number of minions, he swallowed nervously, "Uh Alright, lets uh... get going then." Black was behind them stretching his limbs, " Alright, alright, I can do this, just a few minions.... a few hundred thousand minions, yeah I got this."

"Then let's do this...start the distraction." Moonshield said as Mephisto gathered a large blast of fire magic in his hands and launched to towards the fortress. It blasted a large hole in the wall. Seconds later Nergal emerged and stood on the battlements of his fortress as his horde of minions ran towards the group. "It's time for the Bloodmoon Order to strike fear into Equestria's hearts once again. For the Darkness!" Moonshield shouted as all of the remaining members of the Order charged the incoming horde. "Get ready, boys." Autumn said as she prepared to teleport Oakly and Venom. "Still got the dagger, Oak?" Venom asked.

Oakly took out the dagger, spinning it around in a flashy show, "Yeah, lets do this." He said with a confident grin.

Black rocketed off into the air, landing before the minion army he slammed his fists into the ground casting out a sheet ice from which thousands of icy spikes sprout ed up. Black summond several magic circles above which shot out icy hail like a volley of arrows at the minions.

Tavi walked into office and was greeted with applause from Echo and a few others, she was embarrassed at first but this soon turned to horror as she realized Traxe body was propped up in a chair, chained at the wrists and ankles. Hazel stood by him with a guilty expression. Echo went up to Tavi putting an arm around her, "Well done Tavi, thanks to you, we've finally arrested the Leader of the Bloodmoon! Hazel here told us about how you had found him in the woods while on patrol and had her bring him back here. Seems Nergal got his soul too but at least he's in custody now. Cant wait to see his face when he wakes up. Tia and Luna will be so proud of you!" Tavi barely heard Echo as she stared at Hazel in shock, partly feeling betrayed but at the same time she knew its exactly what she would done back in the day. "Y-yeah, no sweat right?" She gulped nervously. Rosemary stood near the back of the room, her eyes dark with annoyance under her glasses. Stryker patted Tavi on the back in congratulations, but partially envied her for capturing such a high vallued target, especially if Trax really was just laying around somewhere for anyone to find. Hazel played with her thumbs nervously, she knew Tavi probably resented her for what she'd done, but it was something she just couldnt ignore. Thats not what Killjoy had taught her.

"Good luck, boys." Autumn said as he casted a teleportation spell on the two before joining the others in battle. 

Oakly and Venom reappeared in an empty chamber beneath Nergal's fortress. In the distance they could see a faint, purple light. "Guess that's where we better head."

Moonshield tore through minions with his brute strength as Mephisto annihilated them with his powerful magic. Kane and Blade fought through the minions but they kept coming. Autumn tried to assist with her own magic and Silverthron and Jolee were easily destroying the minions, but there were so many of them that it seemed endless. 

Oakly gripped the dagger, "Yeah, come on, lets go save my Dad."

Black wiped out a large group with three powerful icestorm spells, "COME ON!" Black yelled out as he covered his body in ice before summoning forth a huge icy golem to which Black controlled from within, with one swipe of its arm, it annihilated another group of minions.

Suddenly several minions appeared in the large cavern and began walking around, searching for intruders. "Well, guess we should have expected some resistance." Venom said, readying his blades. 

Moonshield shouted with a monstrous yell as he ripped a minion's head clean off. "COME AT ME, NERGAL!" he shouted towards the fortress as he kept destroying more minions. Nergal smirked as he watched the battle. "So eager to die without their Prophet." 

"Heh, gives me a chance to test out my new abilities." Oakly said performing a fee handsigns and sucking in a deep breath, "Fire Style: Fire Ball Jutsu!" Oakly blew out a massive ball of fire down the hall towards the minions, incinerating them instantly.  

Black formed giant icy cannons on the back of his ice golem, they fired large icy storms towards the gate of the fortress.

Venom charged at the minions with his blade, cutting through one of them before stabbing another. "We have to keep moving! We don't have much time!"

Moonshield dropped to a knee after a minion struck him in the side. He growled and killed the minion quickly as he kept fighting.

Oakly drew two of his cutlasses and sliced his way through the minions with Venom, "They're relying on us to bring Him back, we can't let our friends down!"

((Lol, I'm gonna have Trax wake up in Prison and be like, "Oh HeII no." And then brake himself out after everyone realizes that if the Princesses are awake, they're very powerful prisoner is too.))

Venom cut down another minion as the purple aura in the distance grew brighter. "Come on! We're getting close!" He called to Oakly as he ran through another minion. 

Moonshield destroyed another attacking minion before an arrow struck him in the chest. He gasped and coughed blood as he stumbled and tried to remain standing. Soon several more began to strike Moonshield as he fell to his knees. "Moon!" Blade called in horror as Moonshield fell.

Oakly jumped up preforming more handsigns after sheathing back his cutlasses, "Water Style: Water Shark Bomb Wave Jutsu!" Oakly blew out a large shark made of water which covered most of the hallway and washed away the minions, Oakly used his energy to surf on the water grabbing Venom as they followed the water towards the light.

Blacks ice golem was shattered as several balls of fire rained down on him, he fell back into the rocky cliff, his body completely drained of magic, he stuggled to get back up but as he did he only faced more minions.

"Wow, that's new." Venom commented on Oakly's power as they glided down the water. The light was beginning to get closer to them. 

A minion came up behind Moon as he fell to his knees, a pool of blood forming around him as arrows stuck out of his chest and back. The minion took its sword and ran it through Moon's back. He coughed up blood as the minion pulled the sword from him and he fell over dead. "No!!!" Blade shouted as he charged a group of minions, tearing through them in rage. Suddenly one of them slashed Blade's face knocking him to the ground. 

"Yeah, Sun is awesome for teaching me this Jutsu stuff!" Oakly cheered out as they neared the light, getting closer the water sunk away and Oakly leaped off with Venom to continue running to the light. "What now?"

Black watched in horror as Moon fell over, his world went black before an icy chill swept across the battlefield. Seconds later a gaint snowstorm appeared around Black as he stood up, his eyes glowed white, icy scales began covering his body. Minions caught in the snowstorm were ripped apart by violent winds of icy shards, Black raised his hand and waved it around casting out a slicing wave of icy spears, tearing through the minion horde like a hot knife through butter. Indvidual  icy blizzards surrounded the Bloodmoon like shields, preventing minions from getting close to them. Black spoke in a resonating tone with a deep echo, "Feel my Cold, Fear my Ice, Winter has arrived."

They soon entered a large room with a long, deep crack running down the middle, a bright purple light glowing from within. "We're here. We have to start the ritual." He said, pulling several runestones from his bag and setting them up in a circular pattern. "I hope this works..."

Blade weakly got to his feet as his face was now covered in blood and a large cut crossed his left eye. Another wave of minions came charging into the battle, some of them more powerful than before. One of them conjured a massive fire ball and blasted it at Mephisto, melting through Black's protective ice shield. Mephisto was knocked back and hit the ground hard, weakly trying to get to his feet. Blade was horrified once again when the powerful shadow minion grabbed Mephisto by the throat and plunged a conjured sword right into his chest, dropping his lifeless body once he was dead. "No..." Blade said in horror to himself.

Oakly sat down setting the dagger in place before forming a handsign to focus his energy, "Lets do this Venom."

Black pulsed his again making the protective ice storms around his comrades stronger, but in doing so weakened his own, "I am the Cold, and I will not waver!" His hands spread out, hundreds of magic circles formed in the air above them, firing large blasts of icy cannon fire. Suddenly the minion horde was raided upon by several large blasts of black fire, no matter how hard the minions tried, they couldnt put out the black fire. Black was confused where this had come from, but he didnt focus on it, whoever it was is helping them. He noticed his magic was beginning maginify greatly, it felt dark but he didnt care, now he could protect his friends to the full extent. Black powered up more making his icy storm and everyone elses better.  

Archived