Kings of the Shadow World (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Venom closed his eyes and focused as hard as he could as the runestones around them began to absorb the purple energy from the giant crevice and slowly feed it into the dagger. It was difficult for him to do alone, but Oakly helping made it easier. 

Suddenly a massive blast of dark magic slammed into Black knocking him into the ground and disrupting his spell. All of the minions stopped fighting and surrounded what was left of the Bloodmoon and their allies. Nergal landed on the ground before them causing it to shake slightly, his body shimmering with dark magic and power from the souls he had stolen. In a flash he grabbed Jolee by the throat and held her above his head, conjuring a sword of shadows in his other hands. "Witness what happens to those who defy a god." he said coldly as he ran the sword through Jolee. She coughed up blood before her eyes rolled back into her head and Nergal dropped her lifeless body to the ground. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Black watched helplessly as Jolees body hit the ground with a lifless thud, the sound echoed in his mind, "This cant be happening..."

Oakly channeled more of his energy into the ritual, "Come On! We have to save my Dad! We have to save everyone!"

Devildriver shouted with rage as he charged Nergal after seeing Jolee murdered. He slashed Nergal several times across the face and chest, but it did nothing. Nergal easily slashed Devil's throat and knocked him away as he choked on his own blood before dying. Blade collapsed again from the pain he was in as Kane, Autumn and Silverthorn were all subdued and thrown to the ground. The other assassins realized their defeat and laid down their weapons. "It's over...we failed..." Blade said as his vision began to fade.

Venom and Oakly kept channeling the power into the dagger until it finally glowed brightly. Venom took the enhanced dagger and stabbed the ground with it, cutting a large circle in the same pattern the runes were set up. The circle glowed brightly as the ground began to shake violent. More massive cracks began to form in the ground. A single hand reached out of the portal as a skeletal figure climbed out. The skeleton slowly began to absorb energy until it became a human-like body. Finally the bright lights faded and the dust settled and for the first time since the beginning of time itself, standing before Venom and Oakly was Akephalos, The Darkness. He still looked like the black robed man with white hair that they first met.  "At long last...I have returned." 

Black shook his head as he wearily stood up, "No, I will not quit! I will not quit!" His magic slowly rose as he cast out a wave of chilling ice.

Oakly stood up looking at the God of Darkness in awe, "We did it Venom, please Akephalos, you have to save my Dad, and our friends!"

Nergal easily dismissed Black's wave of ice before strangling him with a vine of shadow. "I'll only give you this one chance, bow before me as the God of Death, renounce my pitiful brother, and you will serve me as my champions. If you do not, you will beg me for death."

Akephalos closed his eyes as he sensed Nergal not far away from him. He clinched his fist, causing the cave to tremble a bit. "The time has come to destroy the usurper. The vengeance of a god is mighty." he said. He held his hand up and the Godslayer dagger flew into his hands. Suddenly large black wings emerged from his back, and a smaller pair of wings appeared on Venom and Oakly. "Follow me." he said before shooting up through an opening at the top of the cavern. 

Black choked out the words, but he did so with bravery, "Even in Death, I will not bow to the likes of you..."

Oakly nodded to Venom before taking off after Akephalos, "Hang on everyone, we're coming!"

Nergal raised the shadowy blade above his head, ready to strike Black down. Suddenly an explosion ripped out from Nergal's fortress as Akephalos landed in front of him, a crater forming under him from the impact. For the first time, Nergal felt unimaginable fear, "It cant be..." he said in shock. Akephalos's eyes glowed as he flew forward plunging the Godslayer into Nergal's heart. The blade burned him as it entered his chest. "You will die forever, usurper. The void calls..." Akephalos said with a demonic voice as he ripped the dagger from Nergal's chest. The wound began to burst with light as Nergal's body was slowly being destroyed. With one last cry of agony, Nergal's body exploded in fire, the shockwave destroying all of the shadow minions and leveling Nergal's fortress except for the tomb beneath where Akephalos was summoned. From the pile of ashes, all of the souls Nergal had stolen emerged and flew into the sky to find their owners. 

In the Shinokage's hideout, a small blue orb suddenly flew past everybody and straight into Slipknot. He suddenly sat up with a gasp and breathed heavily, the look of fear and confusion in his eyes as he was now alive again. He struggled to stand but immediately fell, as his body was greatly weaked. Silent and Mare caught him before he hit the ground and gently sat him down. "You're soul is back...that must mean..." 

Oakly watched his fathers soul fly away, "We did it." He flew over to Black to help up.

Rose narrowed her eyes before suddenly fading away, Uchiha glanced over with mild suspicion, "Where does she go?"

In Canterlot, both Princesses awoke with startled gasps. Tavi ran in, "They're back!" She screamed with joy as she rushed to hug Tia, Echo went to Lunas side as Hazel and Stryker rushed in. Suddenly Stryker paused, "Wait, if the Princesses are back, then that means...." Suddenly a loud explosion made the room shake, Tavi held onto Tias bed, "Trax..."

Guards ran towards the dungeon gate but were blown back as the gates flew off the henges, the guards sat up and went wide with fear as Trax walked out. Around him was a white metal like rib cage, forming into the top half of a skeleton. Trax pushed back his hair and opened his left eye, which swirled blue with a black demonic design, "Now, who wants to explain why I woke up in a bloody Cell?" He asked menacingly, the guards shivered and scooted back. Trax glanced to the side as he noticed the castle door swing open from afar, Stryker and Tavi appeared drawing their weapons. "HOLD IT RIGHT THERE TRAX!" Stryker yelled. Trax sighed and snapped his fingers, "I don't have time for you-" He paused as Stryker was on top of him within the second. Trax saw everything with his left eye, the secretary Rosemary teleported him as she came out, Tavi used her speed to dash over to him. Stryker and Tavi parried as their swords were blocked by the skeletal rib cage, Trax smirked before he flickered away dispelling the skeleton. "What kind of magic is this?" Stryker asked, "Its not magic, its his left eye." Echo responded as she ran up to them. Trax flickered in again wielding dual katanas, "This should be a good work out." Stryker and Echo went grim, Tavi scoffed knowing he wasn't about to go easy on them, but at least now she could get a beating on him for leaving her. Hazel stood back with Rosemary, wanting to join in but knowing better than to step out of her league. Rosemary starred with content, "Finally..."

• 2 weeks later...

The small group of survivors were saddened to see all of their comrades fall in battle, some of which they've known the entire time they were in the Order. Moonshield, Mephisto, Jolee and Devildriver's bodies were laid next to each other. Akephalos closed his eyes, feeling sorrow for the lost of his followers. "Loyal servants all of them. Their souls will find rest in the void. The bodies must be burned."

"I don't know, but it can't be something good..." Silent commented. 

Oakly kneeled down feeling guilty, he was so focused on saving his own Father, he didnt realize his comrades were dying. Black lay by unconscious from exhaustion, two of the infirmary mages were beside him, tending to his wounds.

Trax slid back across the side of the mountain of Canterlot, Stryker and Tavi unleashed a never ending volley of strikes against him, but the Bloodmoon leader dodged or deflected them almost with ease. Echo appeared behind him, her eyes slit as her Nightmare abilities were activated to keep up. Echo slashed with her daggar but Trax ducked underneath, Echo snapped her other hand causing the side of the cliff to explode from a sound blast. Stryker and Tavi moved out of the way as the cliff side turned to dust and rubble. Echo landed on a ledge with Tavi and Stryker, watching for their enemy. The dust settled with Trax standing parallel with the cliffside, his left blue swirled around, a slight smirked slid across his face. Strykers face contorted with anger, "For once, I actually wish Killjoy were still here." Tavi and Echo braced themselves as Trax wove a few handsigns, "Fire Style: Giant Fire Ball Jutsu!" Trax blew out a huge fireball at the trio, but before it reached them, it was put out by a golden beam. Tia appeared in mid air between the trio and Trax, her alicorn magic surging around her, "Leave, Now." She spoke coldly. Trax closed his left eye, "Very well." He responded with a dip of his head before flickering away. Tia sighed as she powered down and fell out of the sky, only to be caught by Rosemary's magic. Tavi and Echo rushed down to Canterlot Castles Courtyard, they slowed to a halt as they held onto Tia when Rosemary released her magic. Stryker organized his guard around as they carried Tia back inside. Hazel starred at the path of destruction from the fight, so much power made her feel so little.

Hours later, several funeral pyres burned brightly as the flames slowly burned away the bodies of Moon, Mephisto, Jolee, Devildriver and the others who fell in battle. Akephalos lifted his hand as black shadows rose from their bodies and disappeared. "Now they are at peace." He said before turning back to the Bloodmoon. "I have returned to the mortal world, but our work is not done. There are still those who pray for death, and death we must bring." He looked at Oakly and Venom. "Young ones, you were the ones who brought me back to the world, and you will continue to be my guides. I name you my Black Hands." The Black Hand was a position that hadn't been used in the Order for thousands of years. They were personal advisors to the Prophet, but over time Prophet's stop using them. Traditionally there were two Black Hands, a left hand and a right hand. Now Venom and Oakly were Black Hands to the Darkness himself. He then looked to Kane, Autumn, Silverthorn and Blade. "You four have proven yourselves over the years, and now your loyalty will be rewarded. You four shall be my new Death Knights." 

Trax had met them back at the hideout, but what he was greeted with, shook him to his core. Trax now stood in front of the burning pyres, starring blankly into the flames, his back to everyone else. He began to look back at every moment when first met each of them, the compasion of Jolee, the courage of Devildriver, the resourcefulness of Mephisto, and the integrity of Moonshield. They were his Elite, and they taken from him, because he was too weak to protect them. 

Oakly starred at him, wanting to join his father, but kept still. The hug his Father had greeted him with was enough. "I can't imagine how he feels right now. I mean, He is their Leader, their protector, and now he feels he has failed them. Again." The last word was uttered out of Oaklys mouth like a bad taste.

• 2 weeks later...

"I have failed you as Prophet, My Lord." Trax spoke with still deadness to his voice, his right uncovered eye glued to the burning pyres, "I couldn't stop the Sanctuary from being destroyed and many members killed, and then failed to protect my trusted Death Knights. I have brought nothing but ruin to Bloodmoon." 

Hours before the funeral ceremony, in the next country over, a young girl scrambled over a rocky outcrop, her eyes wide with fear. Eyes like jade pebbles, long flowing blonde hair bradied in a ponytail, and tan skin. She leaped to a rock just as an explosion erupted behind her, knocking her forward and down a rocky slope. Above her, Nine pairs of eyes glowed though the smoke, the middle one had one purple eye and one red eye. "Capture her, Alive." The other 8 figures leaped off giving chase. The young girl panted heavily with fear as she dodged a volley of firey bursts. She reached the forest below with pure luck as she leaped over a rock wall which formed out of nowhere. She ducked away as arrows thudded into trees around her. She gasped as she saw a huge ball of fire rage towards her, but she was missed as her feet gave way to a slope. She tumbled down to a halt, her whole body ached with pain and exhaustion, but she continued to run. Suddenly a few large mushrooms sprouted up in her way causing her to veer left, she felt a wave of fear wash over he as she a satanic laughter. Like she was being toyed with. She felt a wave of relief when she heard crashing water, 'A waterfall!', she thought desperately as she leaped over a tree. Hearing her attackers gain ground on her, the young girl sped up till she could see the egde and the waters mist. She was within five feet before the ground beneath her lit up with a giant explosion, she fell unconscious down the ravine and vanished into the waterfall below. Caesar walked up to the edge of the cliff and looked down, his sharingan eyes spun around as he concentrated his energy, but to no avail. Obito appeared beside him on the left, Uchiha, Crimson, and Brutus stepped up to Obitos left. Slipknot, Silent, Mara, and Ally stepped on Caesars right. Their identical purple clouded cloaks flowing in the wind. Obito followed the river from the waterfall with his eyes, seeing it head towards the Equestrian border. "This river, it runs into Equestria, and just past the current Sanctuary of the Bloodmoon. With thier Deity back, as well as Nameless Trax, facing them now will present... problems. This will take some planning." As he spoke, a shadowy mirror opened up behind each of the Shinokage members, slowly engulfing them before they vanished completely.

Hours later, the young girl floated on her back down the river, she was now deep inside Equestria. Nearing the Bloodmoons Sanctuary as their funeral pyres burned in the distance.

• 1 month later...

"Venom, lets go." Oakly hollered as he ran towards the river, he performed several handsigns before leaping to the edge of the water slamming his hands on the ground, "Earth Style: Mud Wall Barrier!" Trax turned his head at the sense of his sons chakra energy, a wall of earth rose up behind the girl directing water around her, she slowly started floating down as the waters surfaced decreased. "Grab her Venom." 

Venom grabbed the girl and pulled her from the water onto the shore next to them. He gently put two fingers to her throat looking for a pulse. "Who did this to her?" Kane asked, Akephalos was silent for a moment. "Old friends..." 

"Old Friends?" Oakly asked curiously, suddenly the girl coughed up water and slowly opened her eyes. She looked up with dazzling jade eyes at Venom, for a moment she lay still before flushing bright red. It wasn't long till she noticed the others around and pushed Venom away, scooting back against a tree, she grabbed a stick and pointed at them trembling. "B-b-back away! I know how to use this!" She cried out nervously. Oakly raised an eyebrow, "She obviously isn't trained in any way, probably a local or something." He guessed simply. Trax walked up next to Akephalos, "My Lord, can sense that?" He asked already knowing the deity easily could. The girl alone had no training or any magical essence to her, but behind her soul, was a dark and sinister presence that made Traxs skin crawl. Then he saw it almost clear as day, the shadow of giant beast with glowing red eyes that radiated hatred, looming over the small girl like a ghost. Trax could only see and sense it with the blue sharingan in his left eye, Akephalos was a deity and could without a doubt tell what it was. The most powerful of all the Tailed Beasts, The Nine Tailed Fox Demon, this young girl was its Sealed vessel.

Akephalos waved his hand and the girl suddenly fell unconscious again. "Somebody I once had dealings with. She somehow managed to capture all of the great Tailed Beast." He said grimly, knowing the kind of power that they were dealing with. "Prophet, you and the others must find out how she managed to capture them all, even if it means confronting her. I must leave you for now. Fear not, for the Darkness watches over you." He said to Trax as he prepared to teleport away. "Wait, who is this woman we're looking for?" Kane asked. "Believe me, you will know her when you see her. She already knows you, Trax." He said before he disappeared.

Trax watched Akephalos vanish with a confused but concerned look, "Venom, take the girl inside and make sure shes comfortable. Oakly, gather information, we need to know what we're up against." He ordered sternly, Oakly dipped his head and instantly flickered away. "Kane, with me, I'm going to send you out to find a certain someone." He added before turning and heading towards the Sanctuary. 

"He's known as Infernos, or even Dragon of the East. His real name, is Flint Dragneal, he's a good friend of mine. He was also close with Soul too. We'll need him if we are to face an enemy capable of defeating these tailed beasts. Also," Trax paused to watch Venom carrying the unconscious girl, "that girl holds within her, the most fearsome and perhaps the most powerful of them all, and she might not even know it."

Archived