(train station) Possessed luggage?! ...not quite... (open)

Ashton

The train arrived at the station and all the passengers piled out, heading towards their various hotels or out to explore the faire, leaving the attendants to unload the luggage and pile it up.

One pile of luggage was adorned with a familiar cloud and tri-colored lightning bolt. Other than the attendant complaining about a certain suitcase being oddly heavy, nothing seemed out of the ordinary... but then after a few minutes it started wobbling back and forth, then it fell off the stack and hit the ground and spilling it's contents out...

scootaoof_by_orangel8989-d6y8dn6.png

The little filly groaned "ok, that was not my best idea" she said, but grinned "Rainbow dash! Rainbow DAA-AAAAA-SSSSSHHHH?!" she called out, her wings buzzing with excitement... but slowly they stopped and folded back up as her grin faded, realizing she'd made ehr entrance too late and her idol was already gone "nuts!" she swore and kicked at the ground "Well, maybe if I explore I'll find her!" she said, managed to smile as she headed off in a random direction, hoping to find her idol, or, failing, that, something to eat! She was starving after that trip inside that cramped luggage!

HappleBloomBanner_zps996468fa.png

Apple Bloom loved her friends more than what could be considered good and sane in some Equestrian courts. She'd gone through so much for them over the years that it struck her dumb that more time hadn't passed. You'd think they'd have their cutie marks by now but such was their fate, doomed to an eternity without cutir marks! Or so it seemed. As quickly as that fatalistic billow above their heads started to heap scorn upon her, her undying faith that it was going to happen soon came like a fortuitous lightning bolt and broke apart that ugly mass above. Nope, it was all going to be just swell as long as they kept at it. That was why Scootaloo's sudden disappearance was so alarming. Not willing to let her friend abandon the eternal quest for cutie marks, if that was what was happening, Apple Bloom had to stop it.

So she had followed Scootaloo into the train and into the luggage, trying to find her friend. Then she had gotten stuck and a bunch of clothes draping over her, signaling an end to any communication efforts. Frustration overwhelmed logic but there was nothing she could do. The hours rolled by and she started to hear the whispers of the destination- Crystal Empire. The Faire? What was going on? What would Scootaloo want with the Faire? And why hadn't she invited the rest of the Crusaders? It seemed to be a pretty big breach of one of the many Crusader bylaws that stated if you were going to sneak into some big event, you had to bring the others along. What was up, Scoots?

The train arrived at the station and all the passengers piled out, heading towards their various hotels or out to explore the faire, leaving the attendants to unload the luggage and pile it up. First one piece opened up- a few moments later, so did another. While Scootaloo screamed bloody murder, Apple Bloom wobbled to and fro until she shook her head free of the cobwebs that had held it tight. “Scootaloo...why the hay are we here?”

Scotoaloo turned in suprise "Applebloom! What are you doing here?" she asked "I stowed away in rainbow's luggage, thinking maybe if I snuck in here she woudl *have* to spend some time with me, I mean I've not even seen ehr for weeks..." she sighed "but it looks like I waited too late" she paused "well, we can still look for her, and for the others!" she grinned "lets see just how awesome the fair really is" she said, shockingly without even a thought about earning theri marks, which really seemed to be saying a lot about her...

meanwhile, a familiar alicorn had come back to get the group's bags and stared in bewilderment at the two empty suitcases "That doesnt make any sense" she said, licting one up then the other "Rainbow Dash" she said, then looking at the second "...and applejack..." she paused then giggled "those silly fillies, I bet they got into a competition on who could pack the most, and running out of thigns to bring they started jsut throwing empty bags onto the train" she giggled "I really should talk to them about their silly competitions, but they're so funny to watch" she said as she levitated their bags on towards the hotel, including the two empty ones.

Apple Bloom immediately facepalmed. She knew Scootaloo had this really odd obsession with Rainbow Dash. It was understandable since Dash was a Wonderbolt now and quite frankly soon a lot of fillies and colts would experience the first pangs of unrequited crushes involving her, but Scootaloo had gotten on the ground floor of it all and it wasn't even this adorable crush. It was this weird thing where she seemed to want to be family. It would have been cute...but sometimes you had to be a little more sane and hiding in a pony's luggage didn't qualify as one of the top ten ideas of all time. Apple Bloom was silent a few seconds more as Scootaloo recovered and started talking about finding their elders. Yeah, becasue that was a good idea. Applejack would BANISH APPLE BLOOM FROM SWEET APPLE ACRES if she found out that Abby had snuck out and wasn't tending to her chores duties.

“Scootaloo, did you hit yer head or somethin'!? We can't let them find us or else we'll be grounded into dirt! Well, at least I will be. Maybe if we can just find Rainbow Dash this'll work out just fine. Ah don't think she'd mind you showing up. Heck, she might even like it. Just don't tell her you hid in'er luggage. That comes off as really, really...weird,” Apple Bloom finished, her eyebrows quaking quizzically as she wondered just who this pegasus was. Then she sat up and started trotting towards the Faire, “but Ah'm all for checking out tha Faire! Ah even have some of mah allowance left, so maybe we can get some cotton candy or somethin'.”

"hey, it's not like I was in tehre eating her fur or something, I was jsut sniffing her clothes and touching them a lot" she said, clearly thinking there was nothing at all unusual or stalkerish about this...really if scootaloo had been older or dash younger the orange filly would have a restraining order on her head, but thankfully it came off a harmless yearning for a family, and msot ponies had a lot of sympathy given what happened to to scootaloo.

Scootaloo looked through her pockets "I have a bottle cap, a bit of string, one of rainbow's feathers, a lock of her mane, and seven bits" she said proudly "do you think that's enough for us to get a room somewhere or do I need to start scouting out decks for when it gets dark?" she asked, and like her stalkerisms, she saw nothing at all strange about looking for a good deck to sleep under when night fell...

What in the name of Celestia was Scootaloo on about? Gosh, it was awkward enough to have her go on about Rainbow Dash back at the clubhouse. The meetings sometimes derailed into long fantasy scenarios and Apple Bloom was liable to get her to snap out of it only after she raised her voice a few octaves. She wasn;t one to judge a pony and she understood the intense fascination at play and why Scootaloo was so enamored with Rainbow Dash, but it had long ago evolved from a weird little quirk to something that concerned the adults. She was more than capable of overlooking a lot of incessant glee and obsession but ya know you needed to leave a pony's clothes alone and smelling them was quite odd. Very odd and it made Apple Bloom shuffle her hooves a little as she continued on, the subject uncomfortable.

“Err...that's...uhh...great, Scootaloo,” her eyes narrowed and her voice pitched up, “ya'll don't sniff anypony else's clothes, right? Some of mah Granny's things have been missin' an' we're thinkin' it's Big Mac but if yer the one doin' it ya can just fess up before we nab ya in tha act,” she spoke rapidly as they moved forward before her face softened at the discussion of what they had available to them in terms of funding. Well, Scootaloo would be no help but luckily Apple Bloom had some stuff- not enough to get a room but enough for something to eat and a trip back to Ponyville. Which is what they were going to do, despite Scootaloo's desire to tay longer. “We can get something ta eat an' have some fun but we need ta get back ta Ponyville by tomorrow morning, so no room. Ah have things ta do back home and yer too dang nuts to be left out here alone,” Apple Bloom finished with a chuckle, peering around a corner heading towards one of the main drags. Lots of ponies, nopony she knew.

“Looks clear ta me. Whatcha wanna eat?”

"What? eww, no, that's disgusting, why would I _want_ to sniff her clothes, she's not Rainboe Dash" scootaloo grinned, as if magically the fact it involved rainbow suddenly make it perfectly ok. "and it's getting where that's as much attention as I can get, she's never around anymore, I even tried leaving her notes but..." scootaloo sighed "last time I snuck into her house I found them in the garbage can..." she looked at the ground "That's why I'm here! I have to prove to her that I'm cool enough to be her sister, that I do deserve that, and that I'm not going to ever stop trying no matter how harsh she gets or how much she tells me to stop!" it would have been an inspirational speech if it hadn't been about stalking a pony who didn't want to be stalked...

"Lunch? um... I heard dash say something about corndogs at fairs so lets try one of those!" she said "and I'm staying, I can find a nice deck or dumpster, if you want to stay I can find one with room for two" she said, as casually as if discussing a hotel room... poor scootaloo seemed like even more of a social outcast thatn twilight at times...

Scootaloo was slowly transforming into a rather sad creature. She was so obsessed with Dash that while Apple Bloom didn't mind the initial surge or three of creepy appreciation for somepony you really admired but there came a time you had to back off. As much as Applejack loved her, if you didn't give an adult some space they could get awfully stingy about what they wanted to do. Applejack was that way, Rarity was that way, Dash was that way. All Apple Bloom could do was sigh and shake her head. She should probably say something but no doubt that Scootaloo would rumble on right past any sense she made. Well, she wasn't Scoot's friend on account of sensibility so she figured it didn't matter for the most part. It wasn't Apple Bloom's part to play.

One day it'd go bad and go bad hard but until Rainbow did that she'd have to sit back and allow Scootaloo to vent in her own special way, as creepy and weird as it was.“Well, a corn dog might be good. Ah've had a corndog before. Ah was a bit younger an' Ah was worried it was made up of dog but its just wheatburger. Hehe, Granny was leadin' me on, telling me that griffons made it out of stray dogs an' kittens that weren't trained well by their owners. Ah was cryin' as Ah was eatin' it on account of already eatin' it. Then Big Mac cracked up and told me all about it. Ah felt like sluggin' Granny across the face!” Apple Bloom laughed before she slowly regained herself and shook her head, “an' we're not stayin, Scoot. You aren't any good at timin' and y'all'd miss the train back. Rainbow lives in Ponyville, Scootaloo. She's busy as heck but you think she's any more available here?”

Scootaloo giggled "I knew a pony who grew up with griffens, she ate bacon and pork ribs and steaks and burgers, and lots of stuff she said ponies didnt eat" explained scootaloo "I dont even know what most of it is, but she said she missed it, especially the 'bacon' and 'ribs' parts" she paused, thinking back about that pony, clearly she had left an impression, but at the same time, she wasn't rainbow dash, so scootaloo tended to kinda ignore her and whatever she had said in genneral. Though there was a creeping suspicion in the filly that maybe dash hand't meant what she had said, after all dash was known to be impulsive, it was jsut a seed right now, but it was slowly starting to grow, no doubt in time scootaloo would finally be forced to tear down her pedistol to dash, but for now it was meerly starting to crack in places...

"of COURSE she will have time, she's here on vacation" grinned scootaloo, having no idea that it was more of a 'working vacation' and she and the otehrs were really there to keep the empire safe after some of the rumors going around, choosing not to address the point about her being bad with keeping up with time, after all AB was right, she probably would miss the train back unless she was with dash --- of course that WAS her goal, but considering right now she had no idea where the pegasus was......

Archived