The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

((We are on an airship that is flying to Beacon Academy. Feel free to mention some backstory or interact with other soon-to-be-team members)

Slash stared out of the window of the airship as thought about the guy that he had encountered when he was shopping for dust. The man had been robbing the shop while Slash was looking at weapon magazines. He was completely unaware of it at first since he was so interested at the different weapons in the magazine. He only noticed when one of the orange-haired guy’s men tapped him on the shoulder. “Yes?” Slash asked with an unamused look in his face. “I said put your hands in the air, now!” he yelled, pointing his blade at him. The Faunus’ cat ears twitched as he asked, “Are you trying to rob me?”. The man furrowed his eyebrows and glared at Slash, “Yes!” he said with an annoyed tone. “Ah” Slash smirked as he knocked his blade out of his hand and punched him in the gut, sending him through the wall. The orange-haired man signaled another to attack Slash with a gun, but he tackled him and crashed through the window. He did a back-flip to get back on his feet as the other men looked through the broken window, watching as Slash’s orange gauntlets unfolded up to his elbow, clicking in place. He looked up at them and smirked, waiting for their next move.

“Okay…” the man mumbled as he smoked on his cigar. “Get him” he said with an annoyed tone as the rest of his men charged at Slash. Slash waited for them to come closer, punching the closest one through the building and out from the other side. He stood on one hand and swung his foot across a guy’s head and used his other leg to kick anther guy from behind the legs. He jumped back onto his feet and shot the rope kunai from his right gauntlet at a tree, then pulled it off so he could use swing it and knock the rest of the men against the side of a building. Slash retracted the rope back to his weapon and turned his head towards the orange-haired man, who mumbled to himself for a while before looking at Slash, “Well cat prince, I think we can all say that it’s been an eventful evening. And as much as I’d love to stick around…” he said, pointing his cane at him, “I’m afraid this is where we part ways”. He shot an explosive bullet at Slash, but he managed to block it with his gauntlets and land back on his feet.

Slash couldn't remember what happened next, something about a chasing the man, a jet and…a huntress. That’s right, a huntress had jumped in to save Slash from a dust explosion. She would've been prettier if she dropped the glasses, but she was too old for him anyways. Suddenly, they were attack by…a really powerful woman. Slash wondered what her face would've looked like if she wasn't behind the shadows, she looked quite young. Slash found himself pushed out of his comfort zone. He wasn’t used to long range battles, which was probably why all of his shots where deflected by the red lady. The woman in the red dress suddenly shot fireballs at them, “Whew, she’s feisty” he thought as the huntress continued to fight her. The woman suddenly shot a wide range attack, making the huntress take Slash’s wrist and run out of the way. The jet flew away as Slash got back onto his feet, Auralynx folding back to his wrists. “So, you’re a huntress” he said as he smirked with a half-lidded gaze, “May I take you on a date?”

He soon found himself in a dark room, seated at a table while the huntress scolded him. “They were the ones who started it” he said with his unamused face. The huntress snapped some more before taking a deep breath and said “But there is someone here who wants to see you”. A well-dressed man with grey hair walked in and handed him a plate of food. “Slash Claw…” he said as he leaned toward him, “...your eyes are...”.

And that’s how he got into Beacon Academy. He turned away from the windows and rested his elbows on the rails, looking at the other new students that were on the ship.

Tehengu was staring out a window as well, watching the clouds roll by as he thought about how he had gotten here in the first place. It had been... different. He had been relaxing on a rooftop when he noticed a robbery going down. Apparently some goons thought it was a good idea to rob a lady. At least they had the sense to be in the dark and away from the main road, though that didn't help them too much with his elevated position and good eyesight.

"Well well, what have we here? Some thugs trying to take advantage of others, it seems." He said to himself, grabbing his bow while remaining hidden, pulling the string back as the arrow formed. He wasn't going to waste ammo on the likes of them. Plus, this weaker energy shot would be plenty efficient for what he was doing. He took aim and released, the energy traveling and connecting with one's head, the concussive force knocking him out cold. Another quick shot and the other was down for the count as well. He shook his head slightly as the woman looked around in fear before grabbing her things and running off.

"Thieves. They just can't take a hit." He said, laying his bow against the wall again as he went back to relaxing. Maybe he should try to find something with a bit more challenge.

And the next day he got himself into the academy. He looked over his shoulder at his bow, Aquila, and his arrows before turning to look at the others a bit more. There was a cat faunus not too far away, though he really didn't feel like talking to him at the moment. Or at least he didn't feel like starting the conversation.

Midnight sat on a bench, watching the world below her as she sat in the safety of their ship. She took a look around at the people around her, most of them were human, though she did spot the Faunus here and there. At least she wouldn't be entirely on her own. She couldn't stop a small smirk coming onto her face as her mind went over the events that got her on the ship.

It had been a typical, seeming, boring day. She'd been on her way home when she spotted it, a gang of thugs. Normally she'd just look the other way, after all, sometimes it was survival of the fittest, but this group was different. They weren't wanna be's, they were good, they looked professional. She followed them through the city at night, leaping from building to building to keep track, where they eventually entered a building.

Following them inside, she discovered a dust trade, illegal at that, taking place. While her curiosity was sated, she drew her 2 blades, before leaping down onto the table, startling the groups.

Her eyes looked at them as she whipped her blades around her "Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to my friends..." She lifted up one blade "This is Judgement..." She held up the second "And this is Requiem"

"And Tonight, they will pass judgement on your actions, and sing you the song of your doom..." Flipping off the table, she engaged in a melee against the groups. Needless to say, she'd come out victorious, reported the Dust to the police and BAM, here she was.

Moving from her position on the window, she slowly walked to the bench, sat down, reached into a pocket and pulled out a small book. She started reading it, and whistling to keep herself entertained until they arrived at Beacon

(I can't colour my Dialogue, otherwise I would, sorry)

Slash turned his head and looked at a tall, muscular guy. "Hey" he said with a small smile. Slash was really strong for a guy with an average height and muscles not as big as this guy, he wondered how much stronger he was. "How much can you lift?" The Faunus asked. He only wanted to know, Slash isn't a guy who brags.

Tehengu also caught sight of another cat faunus, though this one was female. Before he could really look around any more, the male cat spoke to him, asking how much he could lift. He looked at the faunus for a bit, thinking over his answer before he gave it.

"Enough. I don't really pay attention to the numbers." He said, giving a slight shrug to denote he really didn't know the exact number.

Tehengu nodded at the introduction, raising an eyebrow at the bandages, but still taking the hand in his own and shaking it.

"My name's Tehengu." He said, giving his own name to Slash. He seemed like a nice guy, they would probably get along just fine.

At the question of his weapon, he smiled slightly, drawing the bow off his back and showing it to Slash.

"I use this. It can fire about as far as a sniper can, but I prefer this over any sniper. If anyone gets too close though," He said, flicking his wrist and turning the weapon into a sword. "I have this."

After that he turned the weapon back into a bow, stowing it away again. "What do you use?"

Midnight's ears flicked as she was distribed from her book by talking, and it was close. Glancing over her book's cover, she spotted the distrupters. A human and a Faunus. She kept her eyes on them for a little bit, not really bothering to listen to the specifics of the conversation. While she may have gotten to where she was now by curiousity, that didn't extend to people she knew were harmless where they are now.

She was about to return to the book when she spotted the bow being taken out, out of nothing other than instinct, she felt a desire to draw one of her blades to ensure she was safe, even though she doubted anyone was dumb enough to attack others. It looked just like your average weapon display, or someone trying to show off by displaying the capibilities of their weapon. While cute, Midnight actually watched with interest as it changed into a sword. She had no real idea what to expect, but she wouldn't put it past the school to actually pit students against one another, and any edge she could get over her competition was valuable information. She kept the book up, pretending to be reading it, but instead she focused on the converation in front of her. Being unprepared is the end of any warrior, and she would never allow herself to get caught unprepared unless she had no other option.

Slash cracked a small smile as he looked at the bow. When he was asked about his weapon, he lifted his arms as his gauntlets climbed up to his elbows. "This is Auralynx. It enhances my strength and shoots bullets or explosive rounds. I also have a rope kunai that I use to pull back enemies or maneuver around a forest." he said as his smile turned into a smirk. "I really like looking at different weapons, it just shows how different everyone is". Auralynx folded back to his wrists as he asked "Why is it that you talk to me like a normal person? Makes me wish that all humans are like that to us"

Tehengu nodded at Slash's words about how weapons showed how different everyone was. Then came the question as to why he was treating the faunus as if he were just another human. Tehengu smirked a bit at that, looking at Slash for a bit before answering.

"I don't care what your race is. All I care about is how you act. Just because you have cat ears and I don't doesn't mean either of us is better than the other. No, that's determined by skill and how you act." He said, casting a glance over at the female faunus, who he was pretty sure had been watching him earlier, if he had interpreted that feeling correctly. It appeared she used two blades in her fighting style.

Slash flashed a smile as Tehengu talked. He then looked at where he was looking and saw a Faunus girl who had cat ears just like him. Slash saw her eyes looking above the book at them. He walked over to her and sat next to her, asking "Hey, what are you reading?"

Tehengu stayed where he was as Slash went over to speak with the female about what she was reading. He could hear them well enough, and he could see them perfectly, so he decided to watch how the confrontation went, though he did so by looking back out the window and simply listening in on the words.

Andrea taped rhythmically on her sword which was placed horizontally across her lap. "Jeez, why are they taking us there in something that can barely move faster then a blimp? I'm pretty sure I could have walked there faster. Well, I might as well stretch my legs" Andrea hopped onto her feet, pulled her hood down, placed her sword back into it's sheath where it belonged, and began walking her way around the cabin. Andrea began making mental notes of the surrounding populace "Wow. Are these really the people I'm going to be expected to work with? Sheesh, this ought to be interesting." She said sarcastically and at a volume that showed complete apathy for the feelings of those around her. She made her way to the other side of the cabin and decided to take another seat.

(Abot Tim Dremah! Gash U Slo)

As Slash waited for an answer, he scanned the room again and found a grumpy looking girl opposite him...definitely his type. He smiled and winked at her, before turning back at the faunus girl next to him.

Tehengu frowned slightly as a female spoke, but not in the direction Slash was in. He looked over at the source to find it had been another human who had spoken. He frowned at the words, but said nothing to her, really.

Midnight had been alternating between her book and watching the Human and Faunus in front of her. So far, nothing too interesting. But that's when the Human noticed her, and for half a second, she was certain she had eye contact with him. She quickly moved back to her book, annoyed in herself. She kept reading, until something sat next to her. She half expected it to be the Human from before, but surprisingly it was the Faunus he had been talking to.

She looked at him from the side of her book, before sighing and shrugging "Nothing much, just some fantasy novel I found before I left" she said, only slight interest in her voice. Normally she'd just be silent, but since it was a Faunus talking to her, she figured she might as well play nice. She thought about Beacon, would she need an ally there? Would they pick student against student? If they did, having a friendship would make it easier for her to win some battles, but she didn't think it would be worth the effort of it. While she wasn't trying to be cold to a fellow Faunus, she didn't really want to make friends with them either, not at this moment anyhow. Most would find this situation uncomfortable, but Midnight was used to it by now it didn't bother her.

Midnight was, surprised, that he stayed. Was he one of those, that just seemed to make friends no matter what? Sighing, she made her bookmark, annoyed since the book had just gotten good. The vampire had just been encountered bu it's hunters, despite how the Vampire was actually the hero of the story. But that mattered not as she put the book into her pocket. If this was a Human trying to talk to her, she'd just flat out ignore them. But it was a Faunus, and taking a good look at his eyes and ears, it looked like a Cat Faunus, like her.

"You do?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at that. It just didn't seem, right. Most Faunus only focused on their oppersive history with humans, and while Midnight resented Humans for it, she didn't dwell on it by reading the stories. "I find that, surprising..Given how many Faunus only seem to care about our past" she said, while acting like she didn't care about the answer, she was very curious. This is something she usually remarked about, because most Faunus she'd met absolutely resented Humans, and often had radical ideas with them or revenge. Something Midnight wanted very little to do with, at least, for now. Human's may have wronged her kind, and that angered her, but holding anger like that is like drinking posion and expecting the other person to die. A silly idea, and one she wouldn't be gutted into doing.

"Midnight" She says after a small pause of silence, watching out the window, but throwing Slash half a look through her hair, before blowing some of it out the way and returning to look out the window at the clouds.

"Well Midnight, I'm not like the other Faunus. I know that not all humans are hostile towards our kind. I agree that the humans in the past were...not friendly, but don't scowl at every human you see. Acknowledge the ones who see you for who you are, not what you are" Slash said with an encouraging smile, "My friend Tehengu does the same thing."

Slash leaned back on the chair and brushed his hair over his eyes. "I'll let you continue reading if you don't want to chat. I'll just take a short cat nap" he said in a soft voice as he started to close his eyes.

'Ain't that the truth' Midnight thought to herself as Slash talked, most people let the unspoken hatred fester. At least they acknowledged it, which was a start in some ways. And when Slash threw the other name, Tehengu in, she assumed it was the other Human he'd been speaking too. She glared at his smile, before shaking her head. He didn't get it obviously, he didn't get her, not that this is surprising. So few did, and for a good reason. Humans didn't like her, and she'd distance herself from other Faunus for obvious reasons.

"Well, Slash" she said slowly "As I see it, I will scowl at anyone I please, though your attempts to change my mind are cute, but pointless" She cleared her throat before continueing "It's less about how I see them, and how they see me, and our kind. But don't worry yourself with that". Ordinarily, she'd get him to leave her alone, but somehow she doubted it would work, plus she wouldn't be able to concentrate on her book after this. "What do you want? Surely you didn't come over just to chat.."

Slash opened his eyes and chuckled at the word 'cute'. "Why? Am I not allowed to sit next to a pretty girl?" he smirked. His smirk turned into a frown as he put his hand on the back of his neck. "Yea, that would be kinda weird. Just continue reading, I'll stop talking" he said as he looked away.

Midnight kept her eyes on him, he was, unique. Not special, at least, not in her eyes, just unique. No one had actually kept talking to her for this long, normally they'd feel the cold shoulder and leave, but not this one. Her ears twitched as he called her pretty. She couldn't tell if he meant it, or he was just being smooth. Either way, she barely knew him and wasn't a fan of it. "Call me whatever you want, Slash, but do not start complimenting me and think it makes us friends. I barely know you, and I doubt I ever will properly, so flirting with me really sin't going to get you anything" she said, surpressing the urge to growl angrily at him. She shook her head, before bringing out her book again, several pages away from where she was, in order to get back into it. Sighing, she wondered how far were they from Beacon, before continuing to read her book.

"It's not flirting, it's the truth" Slash said and looked out of the window. "You can take the time to know me and the people around you. Books don't have to be your only company, especially when you need someone to talk to"