The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

Tehengu listened in silently while staring out the window. Midnight seemed to be distant and standoff-ish, the kind that didn't want to make friends. She sounded like she might be hard to get along with, but who knows, she could be a good friend to have once you got past her outward attitude. The jury was out on her.

Midnight growled behind the cover of her book "Call it what you want, it won't by you any favours. You may be a Faunus, and for that, I might keep an eye open to stop you from being dumb. But just because I'm talking to you, doesn't mean I want a friend. I've look after myself this far, besides, all you know for, the school could pit us against the other" She pointed at Tehengu "He could be your first opponent, and being friends can cause hesitation. And the difference between me and you, in a fight there, would be you would hesitate due to friendship. I wouldn't" She sounded, annoyed. Sure, she knew this wasn't how many viewed things, but it's how she viewed it, and until now, never had actually told anyone that.

Slash chuckled lightly, but kept quiet afterwards. He still had lots to say, but he didn't want to agitate Midnight anymore than she is now. Instead, he adjusted the bandages around his wrist, his face returning to its usual unamused expression as his ears bent forward since he was slightly hurt. "You don't know me, yet you assume that I would hesitate if I fight against a friend" he thought.

Andrea was Impatiently sitting on the bench. Getting increasingly irritated of the waiting. She decided to get off of her butt again and wander some more. Andrea made her way to the window Next to someone else.(T!)" Jeez you'd think that with all the resources this place has, they could get Pack mules that walk Faster then these ships. Anyway, can you believe the turn out this year? Most of these people look like they could barely fight their way out of a paper bag! And the rest look like they'd be to scared to even try." As she spoke, Andrea waved in the vague direction of the crowed, but as she did, she felt odd, like she was compelled to look out the window. Andrea felt like she couldn't stop but at the same time..." Hey, is it weird that.." Andrea placed her hand on her mouth and made a coughish-burbish noise " I can't stop looking...but i feel...I kind of feel...." The Colour melted off of her face as Andrea suddenly realized. The moving clouds, the lack of a motion sensation." I'm about to vomit." As she said that Andrea ran as quickly as she could darting between people looking for a Rubbish bin to save her.

Slash's ears perked up as he heard that they were landing"I'll see you later, Midnight" he said with a half-lidded gaze as he stood up and walked back to Tehengu. He recognized the grumpy girl before who soon ran off, her face slightly pale. "Well, it looks like we're here. I hope are in the same team" he said.

Tehengu looked over at the girl that sat next to him and began talking, dismissing the other fighters as weak. He glanced over at said people, looking them over a bit before snorting slightly. Certainly some of them looked more promising than others, as far as combat prowess went, but he'd learned not to underestimate his opponents, and that lesson had carried over into everyday life. He didn't try to gauge someone's skill unless he actually sees them doing whatever it is.

And soon enough, she ran off, obviously airsick. He smirked a bit at that, not feeling anything like that in the least. Slash came back eventually, saying they had arrived and said he hoped they were on the same team.

"Yeah, it would be good to have someone I know, even if only a little, on the team." He said, nodding at Slash.

Slash smirked and walked out onto the ramp. "Wow..." Slash breathed as he looked a the building. He was really impressed, the whole place looked like a castle. He walked around the courtyard and turned to Tehengu, "We should probably walk to the hall, the headmaster is going to give us a speech"

Tehengu took in the sight of the building as he departed the aircraft. It certainly was impressive. He looked at it for a bit, standing off to the side so as to not block the way of anyone else exiting. He looked back down once Slash spoke, saying they should head to the hall for a speech that was supposed to be happening. He nodded, moving off towards the hall with the faunus.

Midnight was thankful for the silence, after all, too much talk got on her nerves. She continued reading, and had just reached where she was up to, when they landed. Growling in frustration again, Midnight placed the book in her pocket and stood up. There was no way she'd ever actually finish her book at this rate was there? Shaking her head, she started walking out of the airship. She took a look a Beacon, not what she had expected, but it looked like enough and hopefully would give her stuff to do. Like a room, and some quiet, and not just throw them into a battle the moment they arrive, that would make her want to slap something or someone.

She noticed Slash again, before overhearing the conversation about teams. She just hoped, hoped, that she could work alone. She wasn't a fan of Humans for obvious reasons, and other Faunus didn't really rub with her well, not leaving her with many options, not that that bothered her. After a bit of looking around, she started following the majority of students to the hall.

Slash walked through the big doors and into the hall. The hall was packed with many people, all ready to begin their first day.

Slash was so excited that his aloof character just faded away. He just kept on a half-lidded gaze and a smirk as he waited for all the other students to arrive.

Slash looked up and recognized the man who was on stage. Professor Ozpin was the guy who talked to him when he stopped the robbery.

"Ahem, I'll keep this brief. You have travelled here in search of knowledge. To hone your craft and acquire new skills. And when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of people. But I look amongst you and all I see is wasted energy in need of purpose and direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It's up to you to take the first step" he said, walking off as Glynda the beautiful middle-aged huntress took the stage.

"You will gather in the ballroom tonight. Tomorrow your initiation begins, be ready. You are dismissed" she said, walking off the stage.

"I guess we find our stuff and get ready for bed" Slash said as the crowd started to head for the ballroom.

Midnight looked up, spotting, someone. A human, probably the runner of Beacon. His speach was interesting, but meh to her. She wasn't sure what she wanted to do honestly, but Beacon and being a Huntress didn't seem like a bad carier choice. Still, his speach, along with the words of the female assistant, or what Midnight assumed was an assistant, that they'd stay in the halls, but what jumped at her was that tomorrow, was the 'innitation', whatever that was. She assumed students were pitched against the other students, which would serve to her advantage. She knew some of the weapons used, and while others could just see her two blades, how she fought would be a mistery to them, and that's how she planed to let it go.

Tehengu focused on the human on stage when he began speaking. It was very brief, and soon enough a female came on, telling them that initiation was tomorrow. Whatever that was. Apparently they were to head out to the ballroom for now though.

"Let's go." He said to Slash, turning and following the crowd out of the hall.

Andrea ran out of ship and toward the closest Rubbish bin nearly tackling it in the process. Upon nearly knocking the Bin over, Andrea emptied herself of the contents that had once called her stomach home. Once she was finished with this...Um.... Activity, She spat into the bin and said, " Ugh. Hypocrisy. " Pulling her head out of the waste, she noticed that everyone seemed to be heading toward the main hall. "Guess that where we stop first " Andrea picked herself up and began jogging toward the main hall. Upon arriving, she noticed that their were a lot of people. " Wow theirs a lot more people then I thought their would be." Andrea sneaked her way between the people. Not really paying attention to the speakers. she was only able to make out pieces of the speech. All she really got from it was something about being wasted in the ballroom. While sneaking through the crowed, Andrea didn't notice a rogue foot and accidentally tripped on it knocking herself onto Slash Claw. " Hey! Watch where you're standing next time! "

Slash suddenly turned and saw a girl bump into him. "Well, not sure if it's my fault if I had been standing her the whole time, but I'm sorry" he apologized, flashing a quick smile before walking off.

Slash continued to the Ballroom and saw lots of sleeping bags. "It's by that going to be dangerous for the girls?" Slash said as he spotted his duffle bag in the pile of luggage. He picked it up and put it down and looked around. Apparently, the other guys chose their sleeping bags that was the furthest away from the girls. He had no choice but to choose the one that was right next to the half line. "Well Tehengu, I hope you like girls 'cause I definitely don't mind" he said with a smirk. In the inside, Slash was nervous. He may compliment a lot of girls, but he is actually an honest guy. Slash knew that he can only find one. But now that he thought about it, he never dated anyone back at Signal.

"We should get to the locker room to store our weapons. We will be given scrolls (looks like a phone with transparent screens) as well" Slash said as he but down his brown duffle bag on the sleeping bag.

Tehengu stuck with Slash for now as they made their way into the ballroom and found their belongings, including a sleeping bag. It seemed they would have to sleep practically on the girl's side of the room, but he didn't really care. He wasn't about to go doing stuff to the girls, as he really only got one chance to find the right girl. He laid his sleeping bag down somewhat near Slash's, though not too close, placing his luggage on top, nodding at Slash's words.

"Alright, let's go store our weapons." He said, leading the way as he headed to the lockers.

Slash entered the building and saw Glynda Goodwitch telling people where their lockers where. Slash walked up to her with a smirk, saying "Hello Miss Goodwitch, have you thought about my proposal?"

Goodwitch ignored him and said "Mr Slash Claw, locker 58. Mr Tehengu, locker 59"

She gave them their scrolls and moved on to the next people in line.

Tehengu looked over at Slash at his words, but said nothing, simply moving off to his locker, which was apparently right next to Slash's locker. At least they'd probably be seeing plenty of each other.

Slash found a uniform with orange linings, but he didn't take it out. He looked around and saw that other guys had different color linings. He stored Auralynx into the locker, set up a password, and connected it to his scroll. "Alright, i'm done" he said as his locker closed.

Tehengu set up his locker after storing Aquilam and his arrows into it. He synced the password to his scroll. He had found a uniform in the locker, but he would rather keep wearing his own outfit instead. He nodded at Slash's words before responding.

"I'm done too, let's go." He said to the faunus.

" Well had you not been Standing there I could have just recovered from that fall! But instead you had to be in the way! " Andrea had pushed herself away from him and began dusting herself off when she noticed him smirking at her. Andrea didn't quite know how to respond to that, so she gave him a puzzled look before walking off toward the Ballroom herself. Upon Entering the Ballroom, Andrea scanned the room for what she felt was the best spot " Ah that spot looks perfect, close to a window, In the middle of the room, Good view of everyone. Yup that's my spot " However, as she got closer to it, someone else (NPC) seemed to have eyed the spot as well. " That's my spot! " She seemed to yell, before tossing her bag and striking the person in the side. " And that's why you don't steal other peoples spots. " Andrea reached into her bag and pulled out a frilly white pillow and placed it on the sleeping bag along with her Carrying bag. With that done, Andrea figured she'd make her way to the locker. Arriving at the locker room, Andrea was assigned Locker number 52.(My actual Locker # X3) She decide to store her sword and her Robe. With this done, She made her way out of the locker room.

Slash nodded and looked to the left, noticing the grumpy girl again. "I'm going to talk to her, we just started off the wrong foot" he said as he walked over to her. "Hey again" he smiled as he walked next to her.

Tehengu shrugged as Slash went to talk with the human girl from the airship. That was fine with him. He simply walked in silence, heading back to his spot and laying down on top of his sleeping bag, putting his hands behind his head and staring at the ceiling.