The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

Andrea Closed her locker " I should be so lucky " She whispered sarcastically to herself. Afterward, Andrea adjusted her robe, gauntlet, and the rest of her equipment. before finally following the other students toward the location of the Cliff post haste. Upon arriving. Andrea picked the first empty platform she could fined and waited for further instruction.

Midnight slowly had her way towards the playforms, keeping a close eye on Tehengu and Slash, and couldn't help but listen in to their conversation. It was, interesting, how they worked, or to her, how Tehengu treated him, had treated her. He was differeny, unqique to her, and that interested her. He would be a nice ally to have, that is for certain. Eventually, she found the platforms. She look at it, looked at the forest, before her mind slowly started to click at what they had to do. She took a platform, and noticed it was right next to Tehengu. She turned and gently waved at him.

Ozpin sipped from his coffee as the last of the students arrived. "For years you have trained to become warriors. And today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest." Ozpin said.

"Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Well, allow us o put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates...today" Goodwitch said as she tapped on big scroll.

"These teammates will be with your for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone whom you can work well. That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years. After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet our position along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path, or you will die. You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one an return to the top of the cliff. You will guard that item as well as your standing and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?"

Slash smirked and looked at the forest. "Perfect for maneuvering" he thought.

A wooded area, eh? It's like this area was especially selected for me. Andrea was most pleased with the training ground. but what she wasn't pleased with was the ridiculous way that they were being assigned Partners. She raised her hand and asked " Hey Ozpin, Do we get any kind of mulligans with meeting Team Partners? "

"Good now take your positions." He said as he turned to Andrea. "Mulligans?"

Slash slid his right foot back and leaned forward so he was closer to the ground. He watched as the students on the left started being launched into the air.

" It means a do-over, Like if we accidentally bump into the wrong person? " Andrea got into a launching position, cracked a few of her joints, and tried(and failed) to stifle her excited giggling. " I only ask because I'd want someone who's as close to my level as possible. so like the best of the best. Well, after me that is "

Tehengu looked over as Midnight waved at him, and he returned the gesture before the leader began talking, explaining what they were doing here. Seems he was right that they were going to be testing the student's skills in the forest. Well, it shouldn't be too hard to get around. He did originally use his archery for hunting animals after all. He got a serious look on his face as he got into position, waiting for his launch.

"No. Over-confidence is what kills you on the battlefield. It would be wise not to underestimate the people around you" Professor Ozpin said, looking sternly at her over his small reading glasses.

Slash was finally shot into the air. He laughed as he used explosive dust rounds to push himself forward, doing flips and twists from time to time. When he was low enough, he used the rope kunai from both gauntlets and shot them at trees that were facing each other. Using the momentum from his fall, the rope kunai helped him swing back up into the air. Slash kept doing that until there wasn't enough potential and kinetic energy left. He landed on the ground with both feet, not making a sound. Slash started walking, humming as he looked around. His humming slowly turned into mumbles and soon he was just singing. His singing made a small pack of beowolves notice him, but he didn't stop singing. Slash wondered why his ears didn't pick up the growling, but he didn't care. He continued singing as he punched a wolf, sending it crashing through a big tree. He used his rope kunai to swing at the rest of them, cutting off their heads and slicing them to pieces. Slash watched them fall before walking away, still singing with a smirk on his face.

Midnight had to admit, of everything she'd thought over, this wasn't how she expected it to happen. First eye contact, meant your parnet for 4 years?! How was that fair, and why did she have to have a partner? She prefered working solo, what is her partner hated Faunus', what then? Too much was being left to chance in her opinion. Still, she couldn't do much but get into launching position, crouching down low, nearly on all 4's with a smirk on her face. Being launched had never been her strong suit, then again, she always landed on her feet so she wasn't nervious. She smiled at Tehengu's wave, but was launched into the air before she could think of anything to reply with. In the air, Midnight didn't bother with tricks, instead thinking how awesome it would be to have wings of some kind, to fly. Her thought came to a crash as the tree's came up, and she used her cat-like reflexes to flip and dodge her way down, leaping from tree branch to branch, before finally landing, power-slipping with her boots on the ground. She looked around, satified with her landing. She draw Judgement, her first blade that was painted black, and started walking north, or what she assumed was North. She'd find her way there eventually. Hey! Maybe if she didn't find anyone, she wouldn't have to partner up!

When he was launched, Tehengu simply watched the scenery pass him by impassively. Even though this was just a test, he was on the job now, which meant he had to stay focused. He rolled when he hit the ground to dispel momentum, drawing his bow before continuing on, an arrow already notched. He paused as he noticed some grimm a little ways off through the trees. They hadn't spotted him yet, so he calmly drew the arrow back, taking aim before releasing and killing one of the creatures. The other two looked around, eventually spotting the source of the shot, though that's when the second went down with an arrow between the eyes. The last one charged him, and he switched his bow into his blade, standing at the ready. When the beast got close enough, he blocked the swipes with his sword before stabbing upwards, the blade coming out the top of the beast's head.

After retrieving his arrow that was still useable, he moved off into the forest, his sword a bow once again. He had to wonder who he would get as a partner. It would be nice to get Slash, but Midnight wouldn't be bad either.

" I would never be so foolish as to underestimate anyone Sir. " Andrea bowed her head and readied her launch position. " But, is it really over confidence if you're absolutely certain of your abilities? " With that, Andrea was launched into the sky at outrageous speeds and all she could think to do was yell. " WWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! " As Andrea barreled through the sky, She began doing flips. Gosh I'm so good. She thought to herself as she spread out her limbs in order to create drag to slow herself down. As she continued to fall, Andrea concentrated her Polarity semblance onto the various metals on her person, waiting for the last possible second before finally violently pulling the metals on her body back slowing her down tremendously. With a painful groan, Andrea began falling straight down. Grabbing a branch on the way down, Andrea swung and made her way on top of it. " Whew that trick still makes me feel like I got hit by a bus. " She said as she took a breather on the tree. Her breather would be cut short though, by the sound of some activity not too far away. " Ah, that's what I came for. " Andrea walked, jump, and swung along the branches toward the sound of activity

Slash kept walking and singing, looking at the trees around him. He decided to climb a tree to get a view from high ground. As he climbed, he noticed that the branches made the forest thicker. Still singing, he began leaping from branch to branch. His ears twitched as he heard a rustle from behind. Slash didn't know if it came for the bushes or trees, but he kept his guard up just incase he was ambushed.

Hearing the movement make its way up to the trees, Andrea thought it wise that to deal with this monster, she would have to be as quiet as possible. As she got closer and closer, Andrea slowed her breathing and swung herself under the branch and began crawling upside down toward the supposed beast. Finally arriving under it, Andrea slowly let one of her arms let go of the branch, and reach toward her other arm. Grabbing her arm, she slowly and as silently as possible pressed down on a button releasing the safety on her wrist mounted switch blade. with this, Andrea gave herself one violent tug to the right swinging herself back right side up shoving the beast off of the branch and onto the ground as hard as she could. Once she was right side up on the branch again, Andrea jump down after her victim, flicking her wrist to reveal her blade. Landing on her victim, Andrea stabbed down into the ground narrowly missing it's neck. Her face was centimeters from its, looking right into it's brown eyes and shaggy brown hair. Suddenly she realized, " Wait a minute... " She pulled her blade out of the ground and picked herself up. " You're not a monster you're.. " The colour faded from Andreas face when she realized who this was and what had just happen. " Oh no... "

Slash quickly turned around, but was suddenly pushed off the branch and fell onto the ground. He opened his eyes saw light reflecting off a...blade? He quickly moved his neck to that it would miss it. He looked at his attacker in the eyes and widened his own. "Hello, angel" he said as he flipped himself onto his feet. Usually, he would smirk and comment about the situation. Instead, he kept his half-lidded gaze and his mouth in a straight line. "North is this way" he said, jumping over a log and continued walking.

" Okay, great idea! you go that way, I'll go this this way. This meeting never happened. " Andrea turned and headed North east. " I know they said they'd be watching but they can't see everything can they? Oh please tell me they did not notice this. " she whispered to herself as she made her way toward where Slash had said north was.

"Yes, they can see everything, even that little event just now. I'm guessing they'll be grading this as well" he said, his cat ears picking up every word she said. He was really happy that he was paired with this girl, how they were paired made him even more happy. Being inches away from a kiss still left his heart beating fast. But considering what happened in the locker room, he didn't dare look at her again. He's still uncertain about his feelings, but he knows very well that she'll never fell the same.

Andrea sighed and made her way toward Slash. " So what you're saying is I'm trapped with you... Fantastic. " She chuckled a bit at the thought. " It's funny really. The Cream of the crop " She gestured to herself. " Paired with the Cream of the crap " She then gestured to Slash. As she walked she began wondering. " What do the treasures even look like anyway? "

Slash just kept on walking. All the happiness that came to him fled like there was no tomorrow when he remembered her personality. Slash's ears twitched as he heard a rustle in the bushes. He continued to walk until a beowolf jumped out of the bush. Slash simply grabbed its throat and bashed it hard to the ground and twisted its neck, also creating a small hole in the ground. He continued to walk, not bothering to look back at the Grimm or at the girl.

"Since there area many other students, there would be a variety of different relics. It would probably decide on the rest of the team or the team name" Slash replied. He stopped when he noticed something block out the sun. Slash looked up and widened his his in shock. "Nevermore..." he muttered as he looked up at a giant creature of Grimm, flying over their heads. "Get over here!" he yelled as he went under a tree.

Midnight began walking through the forest, blade in hand. Nothing had actually happened so far, so there was that? Midnight turned around a tree, before freezing. She felt something was wrong, she was being watched, and not by anything friendly. Slowly, she looked around, and slowly walked forwards. She felt as if there was many eyes upon her. Turning around, she felt a cold chill race around her body. Behind her was a pack of Grimm wolves, at least 6 of them, Plus an Alpha. Midnight shook her head, even she'd have trouble facing off against this many. She reached onto her back, drawing her second blade, Requiem. She placed one foot in front of the others, and waited for them to charge.

She didn't have to wait long, as the Alpha let out a loud noise, and the others charged forwards. Ducking under the first swipe, Midnight took out the first with a series of quick stabs to its chest. The second one tried to slam into her, but she rolled out of the way and blocked the attack of the 3rd. Judgement was clashed against the claws on the 3rd, when the 2nd came up behind her. Midnight turned and used Requiem to block, meaning she was holding off both with just 1 blade each. But she felt her arms weakening, she couldn't do this forever. She lept upwards, letting the wolves crash into eachother, before falling down and impaling their heads on her blades. Satified, she turned to face the remaining monsters. The remaining 3 charged at her, all at the same time. Midnight raised Requiem, and let the Dust she'd stored in the blade take it's work. Impaling the blade into the ground, a shockwave of fire raced out at the Wolves, burning and killing them.

Midnight drew her blade and looked up, only to see a giant shadow over her. The Alpha hadn't been affected by the shockwave, and now it was right on top of her! She raised her blades as it swung at her, she managed to hold the blow, but got knocked back slightly. Getting her footing, the Alpha came at her again and she barely managed to deflect it. She was fast, but she didn't have time to move against it's powerful attacks. She'd defelcted it's 10th attack when it broke through her defences. She'd been slow raising her blades, and the claw punched in her the chest. She rolled back, dropping Requiem and just manging to keep her other blade in her hand. She looked up, seeing the beast ready to finish her off. She had 1 chance as it went onto it's hind legs. She lept forwards, blade extended, and rammed it through the Alpha's throat, killing it.

It fell backwards, and Midnight dropped to the ground. She felt something ozzing down her face, before realizing she had a cut just above her left eye when the Wolf broke her defences down. She slowly walked to her other blade, before collasping on the ground. That fight had been exhausting, and she didn't have the strengh to fight anything after that.

Tehengu was simply traveling through the forest, the journey being rather quiet after the first encounter. Eventually, he heard the sounds of conflict, and he sped up a bit, coming onto the scene just in time to see Midnight collapse onto the ground with various Grimm around. They were all dead though, so they were nothing to worry about. He walked closer to her to check on her, but he could tell from where he was that she was just tired. Fighting that many Grimm by yourself was undoubtedly tiring.

"Nice work, Midnight. You go ahead and rest, I'll wait here for you and keep watch." Tehengu said, looking away from her and watching the surroundings so that no Grimm would sneak up on her while she was resting.

Midnight wanted to shoot up the moment she heard noise, but her body proested, demanding to stay slumped on the ground after the fight. Still, she turned to the voice that she already knew at Tehengu, but by that time, he seemed to be looking away, guarding her? It looked like it, he was watching out for other Grimm incase they ambushed her. She owed him for that now, and he wasn't that bad, he spoke to her like her being a Faunus didn't matter, he didn't press her and he let it go silent when she wanted it. Midnight sighed, no one better, plus it meant she knew he'd cover for her, and in return, she'd cover for him.

Reaching into a pocket, she pulled out a snack and quickly ate it, before slowly standing up, placing Requiem back in it's hoster on her back. She turned to face Tehengu "T-thanks..I, umm, I owe you one, for this. W-wanna...well, i mean, like, you haven't got a partner yet...i assume at least, cause, you know, you haven't found anyone, i assume at least...and, wel, i was just thinking that, maybe, if you don't have a partner, you'd consider, well....." Midnight felt sooooo embarrased words were failing her, her cheeks burned and she was content with staring at her boots while she talked "with me...?" She asked, not even aware she'd skipped some words.

Tehengu simply looked around a bit more as Midnight began speaking. She seemed very nervous about something, and was talking about how she assumed he had yet to get a partner. Well, that much was true indeed. After she finished, he looked over at her. He watched her for a second before responding.

"Sure, Midnight, I'll be your partner." He said, still looking at her.

Midnight couldn't help but smile at Tehengu, again, despite how badly she'd screwed up her words, he hadn't batted an eyelid at them. She smiled at him, finally looking him in the eyes. She paused, unsure how to continue. She wasn't even sure where North was again, not anymore. But that didn't bother her, she was actually, happy? She frowned, was it happiness she was feeling? She wasn't sure, but she assumed it was. She'd got a partner that, liked her? She wasn't too sure, but at least he wouldn't talk down or treat her like most Humans treated her, and that's what mattered to her.

"Soo...ummm" She started fidgetting with her air, twisting and twirling it around in one of her hands "What way is North again..?"