The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

"W-what? Hey!" Slash yelled as he was pushed out the door. "What's with the sudden burst of energy?" He put the rest of his granola bar into his mouth and got rid of the wrapper. Andrea's acting weird again, usually nothing motivates her except for her own selfish desires...

" Who wouldn't be excited to fight with giant monster? " she questioned excited at the thought of being able to show off. " oh right, I forgot something. " Slipping back into the room, Andrea grabbed a certain bag from beneath her bed. Staring at it for a moment, she thought that now could be the time to use it(pmfordeet$) with a snicker, she stuff this bag into her other and walked back out. " Alright! Let's kick some butt! " without even waiting, Andrea marched toward her unknown destination.

Midnight had finished her food, but was finding any excuse possible to NOT go to the landing pads. Although, eventually, she ran out of valid reasons and considered not going back to her team just to make a point of protesting that she wanted to be left alone.

Eventually, the Faunus walked her way to the landing pad, where she spotted Andrea and Slash. Silently, and reluctantly, the girl walked over to them, dumped her bag on the ground, laid down onto the ground, and pulled out her book to read.  

Slash's ears perked up at the sound of footsteps, turning around to see Midnight. "Ah, there you are Midnight. I was starting to get worried." he said, now wondering about Tehengu. It's not like him to act like this, maybe he should ask if he's alright later on.

" Send them a message saying that they're giving free stuff to whoever comes here quick or something. " Andrea shrugged " All I know is I wanna go like right now. And that those two are making me wait. " Noticing the Kat make her way over and lay down, Andrea sighed, turned to Slash and said. " I think she's moved from petulant child to her moody teenager faze. Well, at least we got one down. now we just have to wait for the other one. " Leaning and placing her hands on her knees, Andrea said. " You ready to be a big girl and face your problems yet? "

Slash pulled out his scroll and started texting Tehengu. After sending a message, he pocketed his scroll and crossed his arms. "Try not to annoy her, Andrea. We don't need any more fighting during this trip." he said as he looked around for the Professor.

Tehengu didn't want to go really... not if it meant having to face Midnight again... Even so, he knew he couldn't avoid this forever, and honestly he wanted to confront her again, he was just too worried about what might happen if he did. 

The archer was sitting on the roof of the tallest building on campus, liking to be up high. He felt like he would have wings if he were a Faunus, or at least that's the trait he would want. Regardless, he looked down at his scroll after Slash's text came through, sighing to himself as he looked back over the campus once more. 

Eventually, he made his way to the landing pad, leaning against a wall nearby the team. He cast a brief glance over to Midnight, but quickly looked away again. 

"Ah, there you are Tehengu!" Slash smiled, but it quickly faded when he watched his body language. Just then, a Professor zoomed right next to the group. "Professor Oobleck?" 

"That's right! Come on now, there's no time to lose!" he said, walking up the ramp and onto the airship. 

"Let's go guys." the Faunus said as he picked up his bag and followed the Professor up.

The Faunus had tuned out Andreas' teasing, focusing purely on the pages before her face. However, because of the book, she also missed Tehengu arriving. She would have missed the professor had it not been for Slashs' voice demanding she move. Sighing, she marked the spot in her book and moved. Grabbing her bag, blades and starting dragging herself to the airship.

Of course, that's when she spotted Tehengu, and she froze for a moment. It would be one of the few times, over the past few days, that she'd seen him. But, he seemed to have everything under control, unlike her who looked ready to pass out at a moments notice. The Faunus felt conflict bite within her, before stepping into the airship and picked one of the corner seats to 'hide' from the archer, and the rest of her team, during their trip.

Slash sat down and looked around. Despite the ship having no windows, this reminds him of how they first met on the ship to Beacon, meaning his efforts in getting them to become closer as teammates have been fruitless. He played with his bandages and sighed softly, wondering if things will get better during their trip.

Tehengu sighed to himself, sitting in silence and simply inspecting his weapon while he rode the ship. He really didn't want to talk to anyone right now. Maybe Midnight, but even then...

Despite the silence in the airship, Midnight opened up her book. It was the same book she'd had since the very start, and she'd barely gotten into it due to...the team. But now, having forced distance between herself and her team, she was slowly reverting to her old ways. The old days where her only friend in the world was a book, and she began to lose herself within the pages.

On 5/6/2017 at 4:22 PM, Dabom444 said:

She came over and hugged him gently after that. "Im sorry that didnt work out......what were you summoning?"

Silver sighed, smiling a bit as she hugged him. "I was try to bring out two nevermore. It's a technique called Multi Summon." He explained before standing up. He walked to the window and looked out the curtains. Most of the students were leaving on their trips. "Do you know what Cinder wants us to do while most of the students are gone?"

Just then, Cinder walks into the room and looks at the both of them. "We are going to town, get ready.  We'll leave in 5 minutes." she said, leaving the room after that. 

-------------------------------

They arrived at the ruins after a while. Slash followed the Professor out of the airship and looked around. They were in a deserted area that looked like it use to be a city. So far there weren't any creatures of grimm, but he stayed on high alert as he kept walking. 

Aisha frowned and hugged him more. "Well I'm sure you can get it done if you put your mind to it." 

She looked to cinder and nodded before exhaling and gearing up fully. She punched her hands together and looked to him. 

Sighing with a tad of satisfaction,  Andrea said " Fine~ "  looking up, she noticed Tehengu an with the warmest of welcomes said " Hey look who came back from the dead! Our resident ghost!" just then, the professor decided to magic himself into existence as Andrea followed her crew into the ship, she made sure to keep an eye on that suspicious professor... said, leaving the room after that. Sitting next to her Kat-servant/lerage/boyfriend leader, she looked out at the rest of the team and chuckled. " we are the worst. " after landing, Andrea looked up with glee. " this is my kind of place! Look at all this metal! I can practically feel it in my bones."

The town itself looked like a joke, thankfully, it didn't appear dangerous. The Faunus kept herself armed regardless. Although, her equipment differed to her usual weapons. While she did indeed have her two blades, as per normal, she also now carried a shield. The shield, a dark silver, was a medium sized-kiteshield which currently sat on her back under her bag. The girl hadn't ever mentioned when she'd gotten it, nor why she now carried it.

Unknown to her team, it was what she carried during a majority of her time within the White Fang, until she'd gotten used to controlling dust and got rid of it in exchange for a second blade to be more aggressive in combat.

Silently, she began walking forwards towards the town. She wasn't' sure why she was here, but while she was, she would have a look around. Given the state of the town, Midnight suspected that Grim would still be lurking around. She spun the blade in her right hand, while the other sat in its sheathe on her hip. All the while, not a single word was spoken from the Cat.

Silver smiled at Aisha's words but his smile faded as Cinder poked her head into the room. She gave them an order then left again. "Well I guess my question is going to be answered anyway." He said,  chuckling a bit. He stretched and picked up one of his dust canisters. He drew from the canister the locked it in place on his belt. "ready to get going?"

Slash continued following the Professor. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Midnight carrying an unfamiliar shield. When did she get it? It doesn't really suit her, but maybe it's because Slash is used to seeing her with only her swords.

They arrive at a cliff that looked over a dense forest. The Professor pulled out his binoculars and pointed at a strange black line. Slash squinted his eyes and noticed that the black line was actually grimm that resembled elephants. It was amazing yet terrifying at the same time, the faunus could not stop looking at them. 

"Alright, come along now." Oobleck said as he continued through the abandoned city. Slash shook his head and followed him. "Where are we exactly, Professor?" Slash asked, looking at the buildings. "We are in Mountain Glenn, a city that used to be connected to Vale until it was overrun by grimm. We'll be staying here for a week for this 'Search and Destroy' mission, there are too many in this area."

Tehengu remained silent during their walk through the city, keeping his bow out and ready at all times while scanning the area for threats. He noticed the shield Midnight carried, but said nothing about it as he simply kept walking. 

They were staying here for a week? Well, he supposed that would work, though he wasn't sure if they could all deal with being that close to each other for that long. 

Mountain Glen? The name was familiar, then the story came back to her. A Vale outpost that failed horribly, resulting in the death of so many. It was amusing almost, they tried to hard to get away from the big city life, only to die to it. None of them signed up knowing that was to be their fate, yet it was.

Still, the fate of those long dead mattered not to the Faunus as she continued to walk, not even bothering to look at the Grimm the professor had pointed out. But, they were hear on a mission, Search and Destroy. The girl smiled at memories of similar words, missions for the Fang.

"If we're here on a search and destroy mission" , she said. It would be the first words the team would have heard from her in some time, and her voice was as cold as ice, as cold as the day they'd met her on that airship "Then we split up and exterminate them section by section". Following her own orders, she turned to start walking, but paused. As if waiting for a confirmation...As if waiting to be allowed to begin the hunt.

"I don't think that's a good idea. Mountain Glenn is a large place that has lots of grimm, so we should stick together so that we can take down large packs more efficiently." Slash said, seeing what Midnight was trying to do. "We are also here to shadow a huntsman, that would be impossible if all of us have split up." 

Oobleck nodded and sipped from his thermos. "Right then, I guess now is a good time to inform you that there is a lone grimm right there. Although they are known for traveling in large packs, some sent out a scout or sometimes the grimm just want some time alone because it's depressed or sad." 

"Err okay. Are we going to follow it to its pack? How long is that going to take us?" 

"Days, weeks, months. It all depends on this grim right here. Some would spend half a year away from the pack...and there is the rest of the pack"

Slash quickly turned his head to see the road flooding with beowolves. "And now they've seen us." he said, letting his gauntlets extend all the way up his arm. "Show me what you can do." Oobleck said with a nod before sipping from his thermos again. 

"Let's go!" Slash yelled as he ran towards the charging beowolves, grabbing two by throat and smashing both into the ground.

Finally...A fight. That's what she wanted..no, needed! She gripped her second blade and drew it slowly, advancing on the grim with a dark smile and muttering a single sentence over, and over, and over again.

"I am soldier, I will eliminate all who oppose me"

She threw herself at the Grimm, hacking and slashing at any wolf that got within her range. This style of combat was different to the Midnight the team knew, before while aggressive, she'd always fought with a sense of self-preservation. But this was different, Midnight was charging head-first into as many Grimm as she could see, blades drawn. During the fight, as quick as she was, the Beowolves were getting their claws in, and slowly her Aura began to be chipped away.  

Tehengu growled to himself as he stood in the back, providing fire support for the team. Or at least he was trying to, but most of his efforts were going to Midnight due to her reckless fighting. He had no idea what had gotten into her, but he wasn't about to let her get herself killed just because they had a fight before. The archer fired arrow after arrow into the horde, every shot landing in areas not covered by the beasts' armor. Some even found themselves buried in the eyes of the beasts. 

Of course, this was bound to start drawing attention, especially from the ones he wounded. He started backing up slowly, still firing into the approaching beasts until a couple of them got a bit too close for comfort. Dodging back, he flicked his bow out, the mechanisms inside it turning it into a sword before he charged back in to deal with the two wolves.