The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

Slash stirred, his ears perking up as if they had heard a noise. He rolled over and tried to go back to sleep, until his ears picked up an almost inaudible clang. His eyes shot wide open, hopping out of his sleeping bag to look for his teammates. Neither of the girls had returned, hopefully Tehengu is still keeping watch. "Tehengu!" Slash yelled, quickly following his scent to where he was. "Did you hear that? Where are the girls?! What about Oobleck?" 

Tehengu perked up at the sounds of battle, his gaze snapping towards the noise as Slash cried out for him. 

"Midnight is that way!" He called back, jumping out from his perch and running towards the fight. "I don't know where the others are."

"I'll go find Andrea and the Professor. Take a first aid kit too, Midnight would definitely need medical attention in that state." he shouted, picking up the kit and throwing it at the running Tehengu. Slash turned and ran in the other direction to cover more ground, this way they could find the others faster. He powered up his gauntlets, extending them to his elbow and using the rope kunai to swing through the streets, using buildings and street lights as pivot point. No sign of anyone at all, maybe Tehengu will have more luck in his direction. Slash could turn back after a while when he- The wall he hung on was loose, causing him to fall fast. He quickly retracted the rope kunai, figuring he's already too close to the ground to even try recover. Thanks to his genes from his father, he twisted around mid-air so that he'd be able to land on his feet, or at least that was supposed to happen. His eyes widened as he crashed through the road, falling quite far underground until he clumsily landed on his feet on some kind of platform. The faunus looked around, figuring he was in some kind of warehouse. Upon closer inspection, he noticed men in uniforms, White Fang uniforms to be exact. Slash almost gasped, he just realized he was in a White Fang base. He pulled out his scroll to call for backup, forgetting that there is no signal in this abandoned city. He gritted his teeth as he pocketed his scroll, opting to try find an exit and escape. Suddenly, a door behind him opened. Slash slowly turned around and narrowed his eyes; that white hair, that cane, the black coat that could only belong to one person, the leader himself. "You." he simply said, walking towards Grim and escalating to a full on sprint. Slash leaped into the air, pulling his balled fist back before firing a powerful punch at Grim. He was too slow, Grim dodged his punched and followed up with his own attack, a roundhouse kick to his back. Slash flew across the platform, smashing against the wall and collapsing. There was no escape now, Grim has used his semblance to take away his Aura and his semblance. Slash got up on his hands and knees, coughing up blood as he watched the White Fang leader walk up to him. Grim lifted him by his collar and smelled his shirt. "How weak you have become, you do not deserve the name of 'Schrodinger's cat'." The man said, looking at him through his mask. "I would have already killed you, if it were not for my plans. I still need you and your pitiful team." He punched him in the forehead, carrying Slash's unconscious body away.

----------------------

"I am back! There is no worry...oh dear." Oobleck zoomed into the campsite, surprised that no one was there. He ran outside, discovering dirt footprints going in Tehengu's direction. With that, he zoomed away, hopefully catching up to the owner of the footprints.

Andrea watched her defeated prey bare her teeth. 'Such an animal' she thought. Magnetically lifting the blades that were now latched to the cats wrists, bring her to eye level with herself. Staring her in the eyes for a moment, Andrea let out a sigh that was part relief and part disappointment. Using the rest of the latched blades, Andrea dragged Midnight back toward the building that had her stuff. Luckily for her, her pseudo-home base had not been to far. Once she got the cat inside, Andrea magnetized midnight to a wall and walked around a corner and out of site. Once around the corner, Andrea threw one of her spare blades at her old clothes. " You!? What do you want!? I swear I get out of here" using the thrown blade, Andrea began cutting up her own clothes and making pain noises. Embedding the blade into what was left of her coat, Andrea walked back into the room she had been keeping the cat in and hung the coat on the wall. Busting out her scroll, Andrea opened up a generic V/O software (think Google translate voice thing)  and began typing. " Hello Blossom. I would have liked to keep this cordial. But I must say. I was disappointed by your performance. "

The death that Midnight had been expecting never came, but rather, she was dragged inside a building, basically as a captive and pinned to the wall. She tried to struggle where she could, but her fatigue was simply overwhelming and she gave up not long after being ensnared. She had to assume that, whoever it was, she was its target. What did it want from her?! It hadn't asked her anything, no nothing. 

However, the sound of Andrea' voice filled Midnight with fear. This, Thing, had already captured Andrea?! Had it attacked the camp when she left, and her entire team was already its prisoner? Even so, it didn't make sense, so much of it didn't make sense. She could do nothing, once again, as she was forced to listen to Andrea suffer. She may not have liked the girl, but not even she deserved to be tortured. 

Weak, useless, pathetic. Once again, i'm utterly powerless...I promise i'd never let this happen again! Even if i hate her, i'm so...useless. 

As Andrea came back, Midnight was fighting herself, trying to surpress her every emotion, and failing horrible in doing so. Her lips were trembling and anger burned within her eyes. She recognized the coat, it was Andreas. The girl was silent, which didn't sit right. Andrea was loud, so why was she so silent....She knew the possibility, but refused to acknowledge it mentally, praying she was wrong.  

"...If you've hurt anyone on my team, or done anything to Andrea, i don't care if she is a pest, i will tear you open!"

• 2 weeks later...

" Your threat is meaningless when I already have you captured. And as you may have heard, I have one of your compatriots. I attempted to obtain the others. However, the other animal fled at the first sign of danger. Claiming the others were not worth his own life. and The Archer, well, lets leave it at their wasn't much left of him when I was finished." Dismissively waving her hand, Andrea sat on the ground and spread out her remaining blades out in front of her. " We're getting off track. Blossom, you and your old allies have made various enemies. Some known. Some who keep themselves more hidden. I'll cut right to the chase. My people want what's in that head of yours. And they're prepared to do a lot to get it. " 

Slash ran and Tehengu....dead?! No, no no no no! That wasn't possible! She couldn't listen to what else was said, those words being burned into her. Andrea prisoner, Slash running and Tehengu, he couldn't be....right? Yet the fact this thing knew that Slash was a Faunus and Tehengu was an Archer meant they had to have....Did it attack them right as she left? Was it all her fault they were now dead? It was, it had to be. If Tehengu wasn't so focused on her, maybe he'd still be alive... She was a soldier, but they...weren't. 

Midnight had no idea that it was all a lie, but with Andrea a 'prisoner', she had no reason not to believe it. And her Spirit, her fiery spirit, went out like a puff of smoke. It took all her will just not to cry, she hated crying in front of others, crying in general. She looked up at him/her/it with a defeated look, no longer even struggling. 

"Take it...." she told the thing that had her prisoner weakly "T-take whatever you want, you've stolen so much from me already..." 

• 2 weeks later...

Andrea was in shock for a moment. Mouth wide open and everything. She really wasn't gonna put up any kind of fight was she? After a short break caused by disbelief, Andrea realized that she should probably keep writing. " It would seem. That your reputation. Really exceeds you." Looking back up at her victim, Andrea started feeling a little bad. Had this been anyone else Andrea would have just done it, maybe even violently! But this had been a team mate. Not the one she cared the most for, but still someone she had spent time with. No. She had to, this was her duty to her family, and to the human race. After a moment of hesitation, Andrea spoke again. " However. your cooperation will make this much easier on both of us. We shall start  some locations. Your boss, where does he hang his hat? You don't have to list them all. Just the most common and frequent. " with that, Andrea raised one blade into the air and waited...

Midnight glared up, but she'd lost the will. With her team already dead, it promised that she'd join them soon after. Not that she cared. All her fighting was pointless, everything she'd fought for, killed and murdered for, was taken away from her. She slumped backwards as the thing spoke about her 'boss'. Was it referring to Slash, Grim or someone else? Not that it truly mattered. She couldn't answer those questions. Grim never really talked about his life before the Fang, other than he wanted change. Bases were often set up in the forests, although, the specifics she couldn't get because she wasn't looking for them. It was always subtle, marks on trees, symbols etched into rocks, so only Fang members knew where to talk. 

"I don't know where they are" She assumed this thing was after her White Fang, after Grim. "They set up camp wherever i close to their next mission, usually in the forest. He uses proxies to go into local towns to get whatever is needed, weapons, medical supplies, food. But never in the same place, so good luck" She snorted as her attacker. She had nothing, no information, that would be relevant. Too obsessed on the past, they refused to look forwards to what the White Fang were building. Although, she realized, she wouldn't be alive to see it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Slash stirred, head still pounding from the hit before. How long has it been since he was last conscious, he has to get out and find his teammates quickly. "Ah, the cat prince returns! So nice of you to drop by, I was getting a little lonely." Torchwick stood in front of him, grinning. Slash looked around, there were boxes of dust, weapons, even robots. "Where did you get all of this! What are you planning!" Slash tried to attack him, but his hands were tied behind his back. Luckily enough, they didn't confiscate his gauntlets, but it would be difficult to use them in this position. Torchwick noticed him trying to resist, kicking him in the guts and making Slash bend over in pain. "Oh, wouldn't you like to know." Torchwick laughed, using his foot to press the faunus' head on the ground. "This sucks, how do I get out of this situation?" he thought, looking around for ideas.

Andrea sighed angrily letting her hands drop in frustration. She didn't really know it, but her adrenaline had not stopped pumping, her stress levels were high and the frustration was not helping. While she thought she was cool, everything was slowly bubbling to the top. Lifting her scroll back up, she began typing again " Enough of your games. Theres always a primary base of operations. " Andrea launched a blade and stabbed it right in wall next to Midnights throat. Pausing for a moment, Andrea realized something. Pulling the blade from the wall, she sent it right into her coats shoulder. " Tell me everything. "  She sent another one, aiming closer for the heart " I can make this very slow, you heard your friend. " Sending three blades right into the coats heart, Andrea got up stormed her way up to her victim and grabbed her by the collar. " You really ready to let your last friend die for a group of thugs!? " Yuh oh... Stepping back, Andrea re-grabbed her scroll and attempted to recapture her composure. Although she was still breathing mildly hard, she began typing again." You and your ilk. I'll give you this. You're good at holding your tongues. However, Once I'm done with you, I'll just move onto the next, and the next. Until someone says something useful. "

• Like 1

Tehengu had been trying to track down where Midnight had gone after the fight, following any sort of relevant trail he could find. Eventually, he made it, hiding behind a wall and peeking into the room to see Midnight being threatened by someone. He couldn't tell who the other person was, he couldn't even tell if they were human or not, but that didn't matter right now. 

In one swift movement, he stepped out from the cover, pulled back the arrow, and fired it straight towards the back of the figure's right shoulder. 

"Leave her alone, or the next one goes in your eye. Or your throat, or your heart, I'm really not picky at this point." He growled, already having his next arrow at the ready. 

• Like 1

Midnight found herself really taken back. Not by the fact that they threw a blade at her neck and heart, but that she didn't feel fear. She knew the facts. She would die here, and there was nothing she could do about it. A fact she accepted so, no matter what, if this was her last act. She'd make them spitful. Whoever this person was, they weren't getting a thing out of her. Even if they killed her. She was silent as her attacker got more and more angry, but all she returned was a silent glare. She would die, but her final victory would be this. The insanity of her attacker, that she would die with all her information, and give away none. 

Of course, IF she had been sleeping properly and was alert. Perhaps she'd of paid attention to the voice of someone she was supposed to know growling at her. Then she'd realized Andrea was her tormentor, but alas, was not the case. She had nothing, no tricks, no ropes....She was alone. So she grinned a cocky grin. 

"Even if i knew where Grim was, i wouldn't tell you. None of us will. We fight and die for the Fang, for his leadership. I was his second for years, his assassin, his shadow. If you think i'd give him up willingly, then you truly are an idiot" She spat at her, and waited. Waited for the swing that would bring her death. She closed her eyes and huffed. Her life should have been so much more. And if there was, just a single regret above all else that she held...She never got to finish her....!

TEHENGU'S VOICE!!! 

Her mind screamed it before she was aware, and she opened her eyes, quickly zeroing in on the Archer. It was...him!? This wasn't a dream, her attacker hadn't killed her and this was all a dream? She cut herself with a nail. Nope, ok, not a dream. 

"T! T-this thing, it has Andrea and Slash!" she yelled from her trapped position "Kill it!" She hadn't expected to survive, but now it was being offered, she wanted to grab it with both hands...Right before tearing her attacker in half with her bare hands! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Andreas frustrations were not lowered by anything her prey was saying. Aggressively typing, she said " Everyone talk at some point mittens. How do you think I found you? Everyone talks at some point. " As she levitated her blades, Andrea began thinking of all the things she could do to her victim anything that could slowly draw out anything she could. When suddenly, hearing something emerge from the shadows, Andrea pivoted toward the noise just quick enough to not lose her arm but not quick enough to completely avoid damage. Letting out a high yelp and Having her arm gashed by an arrow was enough of a sign for her that it was time to leave. Grabbing her things, she fled into the room where she was supposedly hiding herself and blocked the door with as much metal as she could. Using this time, she stripped, changed and set the clothes and bag on fire. Levitating her blades, she let out a frightened sigh and began cutting at her clothes and skin. When she was finished, Andrea kept from the (one story) window, yelled and waited.

• Like 2

Oobleck arrived at the site and found two of the students. "Are you alright, Miss Blossom? Have you seen Miss Indigo anywhere?" he said as he looked around before offering to help her. "Good work on finding her Tehengu, now there is only one left. Is she in the same building?" His question was quickly answered as he heard yell coming from outside. Oobleck ran out to see a figure on the ground, "Miss Indigo, is that you?" He quickly walked over to her and examined her condition, noticing she was injured. "Looks like we'll have to fix you up before we can head back to camp, can you walk?"

After her 'rescue', Midnight didn't move. She was just staring at Tehengu, but her eyes were...wrong. Often times, her amber eyes had a glint to them, a sign of amusement, of anger. A shimmer of emotion that appeared as if sunlight was gently kissing them. That glint was gone, and while the girl herself seemed emotional and restless, what stared at Tehengu were not the eyes he was used to seeing. For those moments, gone was the young girl who had worked herself into such a state he'd needed to kiss her to get her to focus. The eyes that stared at him were dead, cold and harsh as winter itself. The eyes of a killer. She stared at him for many moments, before slowly standing up and examining herself for injuries. 

Her right shoulder had been stabbed, and was bleeding down her arm and onto her black jacket. She let out a sigh, one of frustration over pain, as she applied pressure to the wound with her other arm. She had been about to answer, when the Professor ran off once again. Leaving Midnight and Tehengu alone in the room. The girl had no idea what to say. He'd saved her, and her heart had leapt out of her when she'd heard his voice coming to save her. But, ironically, she loathed the very fact she HAD to be saved. While her eyes appeared dead, she smiled, but it failed to reach her eyes.

"Thank you T....That Psycho was....she was after Grim, and thought i'd give him up" despite knowing Tehengu didn't like the idea of her and Grim, she had to tell someone what happened. Incase they came back for vengence "They were trailing us since Beacon. They knew about you and Slash, meaning whoever that was, they knew about my connection to the fang for a long time...Given they way they fought....." Suddenly, with seemingly no warning, the girl went from standing up on her feet, to slumped. Her legs failing to hold her up as a wave of fatigue hit her. She reached for the flask, which had escaped her pocket and now sat on the ground nearby, just out of her grasp "I'm certain that assassin....is someone at Beacon"

• 2 weeks later...

In an attempt to help her image, Andrea began dragging herself away from the building as if trying to get to safety. Hearing the sound of people, Andrea turned her head toward the noise and spotted Oobleck " Professeur? I'm over here! " Andrea rolled onto her back and propped herself up on her elbows " Did you get a look at the person who did this? She seemed to almost disappear when she threw me out the window. Is that what we're here for? " Reaching out and grabbing him, Andrea slowly and delicately stood herself up. " Y-yeah. I think I'll need a little help but I should be okay once we treat these wounds.

• 4 weeks later...

In another part of the world hidden away from the authorities, a group of faunus gathered in protest. Unfortunately, this gathering was far from peaceful. As the rally’s speaker mounted the stage to begin, the masked faces of hundreds turned upwards in attention.

Among the crowd, stood a dark skinned women with crimson hair. On her face was a mask designed after a Nevermore, slung across her back was what looked like a rifle with an attached scope, and atop her shoulder, a single crow sat taking in the surroundings.

The girl fidgeted slightly before returning to her normal stance of rapt attention. According to the previous meeting, today she and her partner were going to be sent on a mission.

I wonder where we’ll go? Will we be going undercover? Or will they have us intercepting supplies. She thought excitedly as she slowly cast her eyes over those around her in serch of her companion.

“I really hope they get here soon.” She murmured to her bird, who let out a soft caw in reply.

Tehengu approached the door slowly, in case it was a trap, only to find it was blocked. And was something burning in there? What was going on?

He was distracted from his thoughts by Oobleck’s arrival though, and yet another distraction came in the form of what sounded like Andrea crying out outside, causing Oobleck to leave again. 

Blinking, he slowly stowed his weapon away, turning to look at Midnight. What he saw though stopped him in his tracks and made a frown take the place of what had been a growing smile. He didn’t like that look in her eyes... it was almost like she was someone else entirely. 

“Of course. I’m not going to leave any teammates behind, least of all you.” He said, watching her carefully as she continued speaking. Someone at Beacon? They had seemed familiar somehow, but he couldn’t really put his finger on it... “You might be right there, Midnight...” He added, picking up her flask for her, though he hesitated to actually give it back to her. 

The cat Faunus was lying on the ground, one hand pressed on her bloodied shoulder as she looked at Tehengu. She saw the shift in him, but if she was honest, she didn't care, couldn't care, in her situation. She was a soldier first... 

She reached her hand out for her flask, and looked up at Tehengu. This time when she smirked, a little life reached her eyes, but not much. "I'll find 'em later T, right now, i just gota get back on my feet" She said, sighing slightly as she realized how bad she must look to him. Bleeding, torn up and, well, she knew what her eyes did when she was like this. Had many comments back in the Fang camps...

"If you're worried about me dying and being reckless T, remember what i am. I'm a soldier first, and a soldier accepts the reality that when they put on their uniform, they might be buried in it" Midnight had no intention of dying any time soon, oh no. She had so much to do before she was buried in the ground. She waveed her hand at Tehengu to pass her flask over "Come on, pass me that and lets get going..."

Well, he could understand that much at least. Tehengu sighed to himself, nodding to her and smiling slightly at her in return before handing her the flask and carefully helping her get up and get moving, assuming he could without hurting her too much further. If he needed to, he would carry her.

"I'm a soldier too, in a way. I understand." He stated simply, looking around a bit as he tried to find Oobleck again.

"WHAT?" Ellie yelled, making Grim furrow his eyebrows. "I told you last week you were going to go on missions with a partner, maybe even train her so she can become an officer in the White Fang." he explained to the pouting woman. "I don't remember anything like that, but if I have to then I will..." she sighed, changing her true childish nature to her usual graceful side. She ties her long blonde hair to a high ponytail and walks away from Grim.

Ellie makes her way to the crowd listening to the speaker, looking at a picture of the girl that Grim sent her on her scroll. Looks promising, but did she have to be partnered with someone? The faunus continued to search for her, until finally spotting her with a rifle and a...crow. She made her way to the girl as the rally speaker finally finished his speech, nodding as everyone cheered. Ellie adjusted her mask and stood straight, before clearing her throat to get the girl's attention.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Oobleck inspected the state of Andrea's body, quickly pulling out some bandages from his backpack and dressing her wounds. "We shall make our way back to camp, Mr Claw will be waiting for us." he said, offering a hand to help Andrea up. "Mr Tehengu, Miss Blossom, are you ready up there?"

Midnight was leaning heavily on Tehengu to move, although one swing of her flask later and she seemed able to move under her own steam, sort of. She was struggling, but then, she'd live. And at the end of the day, wasn't that what was important?

She was falling apart, and would need to bandage up her arm, but for now, she was alive and mobile. And wasn't that important?

"Wait...where is Slash? Wasn't he with you?" She asked Tehengu. It wasn't like Slash to just vanish when the team was concerned, so where was he?

On 10/10/2017 at 7:34 PM, SymphonicFire said:

"WHAT?" Ellie yelled, making Grim furrow his eyebrows. "I told you last week you were going to go on missions with a partner, maybe even train her so she can become an officer in the White Fang." he explained to the pouting woman. "I don't remember anything like that, but if I have to then I will..." she sighed, changing her true childish nature to her usual graceful side. She ties her long blonde hair to a high ponytail and walks away from Grim.

Ellie makes her way to the crowd listening to the speaker, looking at a picture of the girl that Grim sent her on her scroll. Looks promising, but did she have to be partnered with someone? The faunus continued to search for her, until finally spotting her with a rifle and a...crow. She made her way to the girl as the rally speaker finally finished his speech, nodding as everyone cheered. Ellie adjusted her mask and stood straight, before clearing her throat to get the girl's attention.

At the noise, both the heads of the girl and her crow immediately swung around to look in the direction of the sound. At the sight of the masked woman, the part of the girls face not hidden by her mask cracked into a friendly smile as she carefully turned to face them. 

Is this my new partner? She wondered as her eyes quickly flicked from the mask they were wearing, down to the scroll in their hand and back. “Oh, hello, are you my new partner?” She asked hopefully as her bird cocked it’s head to the side while it studied the masked individual curiously.

“I... don’t know... we split up to search quicker.” Tehengu said, looking around a bit. “Guess we have to find him now...”

”Professor, we need to find Slash now. I’m not entirely sure how far he got, but he should be in that direction, roughly.” Tehengu said once they came to where he was with Andrea.