The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

Tehengu wasted no time as he went down the hallway, not slowing down in the slightest as he went. When Midnight grabbed him though, he did stop, though he didn't turn to face her or anything. Instead, he continued staring down the hall, remaining silent for a while before giving a heavy sigh. He turned to face her finally, his gaze still holding a bit of sadness and hurt in it.

"What am I to you?" He asked simply, keeping his gaze locked on her.

Midnight didn't understand what Tehengu was asking. What was he? A friend, someone she cared about, a lot...possible someone she loved. A teammate, someone who she trusted. There were a million answers, and the Faunus had no idea why Tehengu was acting this way. She didn't understand!

"Y-you're my friends T...a-a really close one...I-I care about you too damn much ok? Pl-please, just tell me what's the matter? What's caused all this....?"

She didn't understand Tehgngu's sudden attitude shift, he was normally the talkative one and her the silent one, so what happened at breakfast?!

A friend? That was it? Tehengu stared at her for a moment longer before speaking again.

"What, do I just not measure up to him? Is your old 'friend' really all that great? Go ahead, just tell me and get it over with! Better I get warned off now than chasing some lovesick puppy of a girl with her eye on yet another of the bad boy types!" Honestly, he began to regret his words as soon as they came out, but he couldn't stop himself, and now his face was just a mix of shock and anger. What was he thinking? He really did care for her, and now he was probably just pushing her away...

• Like 1

Midnight was nothing short of stunned. He'd heard through the door, but, was he that torn up about it? The Faunus stood there, shock on her face, unsure of how to reply. Tehengu looked hurt, although, Midnight wasn't sure how she hurt him. Was it something she said? It had to have been...when she talked about Grimm? But why was he this, torn up about it? She wasn't sure what to do...Did she try and comfort him? She loved him, but....she wasn't sure.

"T....I-it isn't like that at all..." She said weakly, refusing to back away. She was a soldier, not a scared girl about to run away from her problems again "What's gotten into you? Since when did this become a competition?!"

"There shouldn't be a competition, but you're the one that still seems to like your old 'friend' as more than a friend! I don't want to fight for your affections, it didn't end well the last time I fought over a girl with someone." Tehengu said, sighing after a few more moments. "I just... Just come find me when you've made your decision, I'm not going to hope and struggle in vain to advance this relationship if you've already got that spot filled in your heart." And with that, he began walking down the hall again, trying to hold back tears. He didn't want to push her away, but he had to know where her heart was. 

• Like 1

Andrea just flipped her hood on, and gripped Slashs hand harder. " The past two days have been...Turbulant. " Leaning in closer, Andrea lightly cuddled the Kitty boy. " Sorry. If this is weird. " It was quite clear, that she was using Slash as emotional comfort. Not that she would ever admit to such a thing.

Slash smiled and gently pat Andrea's head. "That's an understatement." he said, hugging her back. It was indeed weird coming from Andrea, but Slash didn't mind. It was moments like these Slash lives for, a spark that made him remember his love for the girl. "I don't mind, but we should get to class."

So this really was all about Grim huh? Part of her was curious what had hurt Tehengu so badly that he was breaking down on learning she'd had an ex, had someone she cared for. Was it that bad to still have feelings for someone in the past? Hell, it wasn't even that her feelings were finished for Grim. They couldn't be ever, not entirely. He saved her from everything that had plagued her life, gave her a future to fight for. How could you not love the person who gave you everything?

The Faunus could only watch as Tehengu walked away, frozen in the hallway. She loved Grim, she knew that much. But, she also loved Tehengu. She didn't want to have to pick anymore. Life had thrown enough at her, why couldn't it just be kind to her for once?! Anger flooded her system, it wasn't fair! Life wasn't fair!

Angry at everything, at the world for forcing her to choose between the people she loved, between where she wanted her entire life to go, she did what she'd done before. She ran away from her problems, not wanting to face them, unsure how to face them.

The Faunus found herself outside Beacon, unsure how she ended up there. She'd stormed her way through the academy, out the main door and had just ran. She was near the boundary of the school and slumped down, resting on a tree. She wasn't sure what to do anymore! Usually Grim came to save her, or give her orders, told her what to do to get what she wanted!...But now, she didn't have Grim, nor anyone, to help her. And it was all her own stupid fault.

Andrea giggled nervously. " Yeah I guess that's a good idea. " Surprising to no one in the history of ever, this turn of events was out of Andreas large realm of expertise. It wasn't that she had never been interested, she had just never really been given the opportunities. So unfortunatly for her, Andrea was unsure how to treat someone else as a potential equal. " S-so, lets get going yeah? " Andrea stepped forward, lightly tugged his arm and gave him a smile. 

Slash nodded and smiled back, walking to class happily as he forgot about last night. Andrea was being unusually nice, so he needs to take this opportunity to enjoy himself before she goes back to normal.

---------------------------------------

Skip to morning of trip?

[Yes]               [No]

A few days after the incident, the first day of the trip. Slash woke up early to pack his bag and get ready. He quickly changed to his casual clothes before setting down his bag and sitting on a chair in their room, waiting for the others.

Andrea groggingly roled out of bed. "Ugh why is it that we always have to do stuff on days that I get up?" Standing on her feet, Andrea wobbled over to the bathroom and routined herself until she was about as awake as she was gonna be. Walking out of the bathroom, the girl made her way to her clothes and got dressed. " Tell me when we have to leave 'Kay? " with that, Andrea flopped into her bed trying uselessly to stay awake but succumbing to slumber once more.

Midnight wasn't in her bed, in fact, the past few days, the Faunus had been keeping her utmost distance between the team and herself, often interacting with them only when absolutely necessary. She'd skipped majority of the classes at Beacon, and spent the days in Vale. Never admitting to what it was she had been doing.

And it was all because of that one conversation with Teheng. She was so lost she didn't know where to turn, what to do. So she did, what she did best. Avoid the problem. By not speaking to the team, by not confronting Tehengu, nor the team, about what had occurred, she didn't have to deal with the issue. And that's how she preferred it.

So instead of being in her bed, the Faunus was on the roof of the building, simply sitting there as she had been most mornings. Her pack for the 'trip' was all done, although she couldn't lie and say she was excited for the tip.

"Don't go back to bed, we are leaving soon." Slash sighed, turning to the next empty bed that belonged to Midnight. It was very unlike her to get up before him, much less Andrea. Then again, she was like this since the day she talked about her past, maybe that's why she seems to be avoiding the team. No matter, they'll be spending all their time together on this trip, he could find out why she's keeping her distance then.

• 2 weeks later...

"I wonder if coming to this school was the biggest mistake of my life...Or maybe it was leaving the White Fang in the first place..." All morning, Midnight had been thinking about how she ended up where she was. Not the roof directly, but it did have its point, of just where her life had gone wrong. She knew the face, the face of someone no longer alive, all because of her, which started it all. A human non-the less who, even years after landing the killing blow, she could see his ruby red eyes. She'd never be able to forget them, her first victim.

The school trip plagued her mind also, or more specifically, the fact that she'd be spending a long period of time with her team, something she'd be actively avoiding for some time now. She woke up before all of them and climbed out the window, spent her mornings on the roof until she got hungry, before she went into Vale for majority of the day. She'd come back, through the window, and past 12, pass out in her bed, and repeat the process. Even with a soldiers discipline, she was struggling. The lack of sleep, something she treasured above all else, was started to get to her. It massed under her eyes, dark smudges, her hair was a mess and even her skin was starting to show illness. But she refused to give in, if nothing else, she had to rebuild her wall. She'd lowered it far too much of late. Not only telling the team about her connection to the White Fang, but also...Tehengu.

Even now, after days of thinking, she had no answer of what do to with the human whom she loved. Did she confront him, and tell him everything. Tell him she loved him...And Grim both equally. That she couldn't pick, that it was impossible to pick between them? Would he even accept that? She doubted it, given how emotional he'd gotten, to the point of tears, in their last proper conversation. Beacon was, slowly, becoming less and less appealing of a home, with enemies outside, and now, even within. She was truly lost.

Eventually, she opened her old phone, and began looking through the pictures. Pictures of her time with the White Fang, and she couldn't not smile at the memories. Those times in the camps were some of the best she'd ever forged. After being found in the forest, dying from an infection after fighting a Grim by mistake, they picked her up and saved her. They gave her a blade and taught her to fight, they shot at her and homed her skills as a soldier. Friends, comrades, and a love. A love for a boy with a simple dream, who would make it a reality even if he had to fight through hell itself.

"Why is it now, when I've lost it all, I find myself missing it the most?" She asked herself softly "Why is it now they return, that I miss them, and not when I first ran?"

Aisha awoke in the morning, sitting up and groaning softly with a new headache that she had aquired out of the blue the other day. It was pretty bad, and she gel like several tons of rock was crushing her head from all sides at once. 

Standing shakily, why stretched and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day. 

Slash signed and shook his head. "We have a trip, remember? We are going to the wilderness to bust some Grimm butt!" he said, looking around the room. They would need to find Midnight too as they need to report at the landing platform as a team.

Silver had been awake for a while when he heard Aisha get up up from her makeshift bed. He heard her walk to the bathroom but he didn't say anything. He was focused on something else.

He sat against the wall, his eyes closed as he focused solely on the glyph in front of him. It was a small Summionning glyph but by the sweat on Silver's brow it was obvious that he was struggling to accomplish something.

"Focusing." Silver replied. He has inhaled deeply and held his breath as he made a face that suggested he was trying to think harder. The glyph in front of him began to split into two separate glyphs but they were blurry. He tried to fully split the glyph but he couldn't complete the Summionning, he let out his breath with a gasp, losing focus and causing the glyphs to fade. "Dammit!" 

The Faunus eventually moved from her spot on the roof, grabbing her bag of clothes and her blades, and moving into the kitchen. She piled her plate high with food, most of it she intended to pack, and the rest she started to it. She hadn't timed it perfectly, but part of her hoped she could eat food without being caught, but she had no idea when she was needed for the trip. And even of how little she thought of the trip, and how much she didn't want to do it, it wasn't fair on all of them, Slash and Andrea, just because she and Tehengu had had a falling out..

Slash checked his watch, they can't wait or they will be late. "Let's go now, hopefully we'll bump into Midnight before we meet the Professor on the landing pad." he got up and picked up his bag, opening a granola bar for a light breakfast. 

Darting up up into a seated position, Andrea let an aggressive sounding " Ooooohh... " standing up, Andrea quickly got changed and grabbed the couple bags she had prepped the night before and said " Yes. Let's go! Right away! Screw the others! Just you and me!" With that, Andrea quickly opened the door and shoved Slash out of it.