The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

The faunus shook her head at Andrea. While the well-slept Midnight would have had a go at Andrea, this Midnight didn't want to waste the energy it would take to have a go at the girl. She had to manage herself, otherwise, well, she knew what would happen. She took another swing of the drink, and took another deep breath to keep herself awake. 

"Shifts sound smart..." She admitted as she unpacked her bag, but placed her stuff away from the main group at the cost that she may be cold during the night, away from the fire "Where's the professor anyway?"

He noticed Midnight was still avoiding him and the others, not surprising as nothing had really changed her mind. "He said he wanted to scout the area, he'll be back in a few minutes." Slash smiled, hopefully making her feel more comfortable. "We should get some sleep; does anyone want to volunteer for first watch?"

"I'm fine." Cinder replied, taking the folded piece of paper from the White Fang girl and watched her walk away. Cinder opened it and read what was inside, putting it into her pocket without any reaction.

-----------------------------

"I don't know any ghost stories, only normal ones." Slash said, sitting on his sleeping bag. "We have a long day tomorrow, get some rest."

"Very well, I can take first watch." Tehengu replied, ignoring Andrea's words about his ruined eye. Those were the only words he had spoken since their last fight, and seemed to be the only ones he would speak without a bit of pushing from someone else. Giving them a moment in case there was any dissent, he walked a bit away from the camp and climbed to a good vantage point to watch from. 

The Faunus told herself, again and again, to just leave it. To drink it all away and just let it all go. And it worked, until the drink demanded that she deal with her problem. As relucent as she was, the alcohol in her system demanded that she do it.  So after what felt like barely a few moments of sleep, although she had no idea how long it had been, the girl dragged herself from her sleeping bag and approached the archer.

She sat, hugging her knees to her chest, against a wall looking over at him. She searched and hunted for the right words, to say something, but much like before, she had no idea what to say to make it all right. She knew that apologising was wrong, it wasn't her fault he had an issue with her knowing she had an ex...So what did she say?

"Thanks before, those wolves would have gotten their claws into me without your arrows..."

"That's what teammates are for." He said simply, continuing to keep a lookout from his perch. He didn't really know what to say to her anymore, he didn't want to open up old wounds, but it kinda felt like they'd have to if they wanted to move past this. 

"...T..." She didn't know how to open it up, open up what they are. How to ask him 'Hey, what is your issue with me having an ex-boyfriend who I sorta do care about?' without using those very words. She fidgeted with her hair as she tried to build up the confidence to ask him the question she loathed. Why was she drawn to him, couldn't she go back to her solo act....Or be told which way would give her what she wanted, like the old days. But no, she was trapped to find out her own direction with no help, no one at her side anymore. No more Grim in her life, she wasn't sure how she could take it.

"Where are we? I mean us, after our last talk you were...upset"

" Fine then. Drink alone. " with a mildly annoyed sigh, Andrea watched the archer find his spot, wished her favourite cats good night, closed her eyes and pretended to go to sleep. Now all that she had to do was wait for the other cat to get up and take her turn. 

It had been(if I may be so bold as to make this declaration) several hours since she had started waiting. She knew that it would only be a matter of time before she woke up. And of course it would be her. As hard as they had been avoiding each other, would she really want to miss this sure fire opportunity to get him alone? Andrea had her doubts. A part of her was sure her plan was flawed. For instance, she knew that midnight hadn't been sleeping much latetly. So maybe she was gonna sleep through everything. 

However, as Andrea was thinking that, Cat Noire herself decided now was the time to get up. Purrfect. Andrea watched as Midnight left the camping area and then waited a few moments. After a few moments, Andrea grabbed one of her bags and silently made her way to the edge of the camping area, trying to keep cover from her team mates but also keep watch on them. She would need to wait for shifts to switch and the archer to return.

• Like 1

Tehengu stayed silent for a while after Midnight had finished speaking, giving a heavy sigh after a while longer. He had no idea what to say now... where were they, really? He didn't know at all...

"Look, I'm sorry about the way I reacted to all that back then, but I didn't want to give you my heart if you were just going to run off back to Grimm. I've been hurt too many times, though I have a feeling that would have been a much worse wound than anything physical." He sighed again, finally looking over at her.

So he thought that she'd go back to him. Well, It did make sense, after all, Grim had done more for her than anyone. But, just because she loved someone else, that meant that they weren't possible. It wasn't looking good for her and T...

"I'm sorry T, I didn't know you had been hurt already..." The Faunus let out a deep breath "Don't take this the wrong way, but...I love both of you...You and Grim" She opted to move, uncrossing herself and standing up "I didn't ask for this.."

The Faunus eventually left, unsure why she'd even spoken to him. She went to a window and climbed out, and soon found herself on the abandoned road. She rested her hand on the handle of her blade, and kicked the ground!

Tehengu watched her go for a few moments before sighing again, standing up to follow her. He went after her, walking out onto the road with her. 

"Mid... I can't help worrying about him and what he means to you, but I also know I'm not going to be able to just change those feelings..." He said, rubbing his neck a bit. "I guess my point is I don't want to let him come between us anymore... please stop avoiding me, I like being around you, you're possibly the only one on this team I actually like..." He said, sighing again. 

Shame. That's what she felt, shame ran through her, shame at her weakness, shame that she had no idea what to say.

"He gave me a life worth living T. You can't ask me to turn my back on him..." The Faunus looked over at him, before she looked away again. He wanted her to himself, but she knew that she couldn't do that. She couldn't be his, ever, because a part of her will always belong to that wolf, to the white-haired boy who let her stab him when they first met, just to prove a point.

"I love you Tehengu....but, there is always a part of me that....that loves Grim. I won't lie to you, or tell you what you want to hear. He'll always have the piece of me I gave him"

What more could she say to him? She wasn't sure, as for avoiding him, she knew no other way to deal with her problems. It was avoid or stab. "I'm sorry, i'm no good at this sappy stuff...I...I need some time alone, to clear my head" She briefly hugged the archer "Go back in and babysit the others, i'll...be back soon"

With that, the girl began to slowly move away, taking deep breaths, aware Tehengu was watching, but unaware that a sneaky Andrea was also.

• Like 1

Tehengu watched her go for a few moments before turning to head back with a sad sigh. 

"I love you too..." He murmured as he went back to his perch and sat there, trying to figure out what to do now. 

Andrea watched her teammates bonding exercise from afar. " *Hurp*, Gag me with a spoon why don't you. " she whispered to herself. She continued to watch as they spoke. Eventually, she noticed Midnight walk away and Tehengu Make  his way back to his spot. Seeing this as the golden opportunity, Andrea quickly and quietly hopped into action making her way into a neighbouring building. Once in there, she made certain to open her bag and change into the bags contents as quickly as humanly possible. She ditched her regular coat, shirt, pants into an almost ominously black, skin tight unitard, black metal lined boots, black gloves and a large black metal lined coat similar to her regular one but with the added benefit of some sort of collar meant to obscure her face. Lastly, Andrea grabbed a perfume bottle from the bag and broke it. tossing the liquids all over herself. Grabbing the rest of her armaments, Andrea strapped in as quickly as possible and hid her items as well as she could before jumping out of the building and immediately heading toward wear she had seen the cat last sticking to the shadows. Unfortunately, she was going to have to search since it was unlikaly that she would have just stayed in place while she changed, but Andrea was confident enough in her abilities to find her that she refused to give up.

• Like 1

The Faunus hadn't covered too much distance, after all, she had no idea what was being followed. The girl was casually walking in the middle of the street looking up at the sky above her head. She had been muttering, something, to herself, although Andrea would not be able to hear it. 

In fact, she may have been able to sneak up on the absent-minded Faunus, if not for once thing. The perfume. Its smell would make it impossible for Midnight to identify Andrea, but at the same time, Midnight could smell her coming from a mile away.

Indeed, Andrea would notice Midnight's hand move onto the hilt of her blade, while the cat herself slowed down and eventually parked herself at the middle of aan intersection. She'd smelt the purfume, although, was extremely confused at WHOSE it was. It wasn't Tehengus, and she doubted Andrea had any? Ironically, the only person she thought about was Slash, the other Faunus seemed so worried about his appearance...

• Like 2

After a moment of searching, Andrea had re-found her good friend. She sneaked her way closer to the cat, mostly aware that she would get spotted because of the perfume. Not only was this the point, but she had a pretty effective back up plan and seeing as Midnight was an up close fighter, this would only make it easier. Andrea was watching from the shadows inside the building she was in when Midnight stopped and gripped her blades. " Guess this is as good a spot as any. " She whispered to herself. Making sure her face was properly concealed and that her back up plan was at the ready, Andrea stoically walked out of her hiding spot and marched her way toward Midnight stopping about 6 meters away from her.  Giving a quick glance at both sides, Andrea used her semblence(who's black aura is obscured by the colour of her gloves.) to pull two street lights down toward Midnight. Although Andrea was looking for information from her target, She felt she needed to exert some dominance on the cat.

So this, thing, was hunting her? It wasnt' hard to spot them, after all, Faunus have perfect vision in the dark. The real question was WHO was it. She doubted it was one of her team, and they werent' Fang. Who was playing this little game with her?

The girl had been about to speak up, to force her opponent to talk, when they moved. An, throughout the day and her reckless fighting, Midnight had failed to notice Andrea using street lights to fight, meaning she was non-the-wiser of the identity of her attacker! But that lack of knowledge didn't prevent her from action. 

The drew the blade she carried and leap to the side to try and avoid the attack, although, even Andrea could tell the Cat was sluggish in her movement, her fatigue starting to finally catch up to her. She scrambled to her feet, single blade in hand, and looked over at her opponent. Who was attacking her?!

"Who are you!" She demanded "What do you want from me, huh?"

Slash woke up as he needed to go to the bathroom. He looked for either one of the girls to let them know he was going out, but neither seemed to be there. "I'll hold it..." he sighed, figuring they went out to do the same before going back to sleep.

Wordlessly, Andrea magnetically gripped one of the fallen street lamps and just swung it at her, like some giant bat. With that, Andrea resumed her marching toward her prey. The would be assassin reached into her coat grabbed onto "Step one". But before she pulled that out, Andrea magnetically summoned her spare retractable blades from her coat and rapidly spun them like saws. Using her arming herself as a distraction, Andrea took out a bottle of strong vinegar.  She had in fact noticed that her prey had attempted to open a dialogue, but Andrea refuse it. Besides, talking while she was still in control of her sense was to risky. So she had to at least disable her nose, right? And Nothing could mess with a person sense of smell more than a snoot full of vinegar. Didn't hurt that it could sting the eyes like crazy too. The taste was just a bonus at this point. Andrea stopped her approach a few meters away from her prey, got into a fighting stance, halted her blades and aimed them right at the prey. Andrea was not one for physical one on one confrontation, lorde knows she didn't have the endurance for it, but if she was going to slam this bottle of vinegar into that face she was gonna have to find a way in.

Midnight didn't like her situation at all. Not only was her body starting to give up on her, but also, her opponent simply had the advantage. Even if she could see in the dark, the Faunus was struggling to keep up with the attacks! She was thankful that her opponent seemed to have a flair for the dramatic, giving her enough time to take another drink, and her veins were lit on fire! She wasn't going to die here, and that was a fact! 

"I don't care who you are, Assassin, but let me make one thing perfectly damn clear. I'm not dying here!" With her fatigue pushed away, even if it was only temporarily, she charged in blades raised! She had to finish this fight now, before her body caught back up to her and remembered how tired she was! She made a few mental predictions of her opponent, and hoped they were correct. She assumed, at first, her opponent would use the large lightposts to swing at her from above, where she aimed to deflect them with her blades before charging past them. Then came the blades, and Midnight could only hope her Sembalence would activate against them, otherwise....She didn't like her chances. It didn't stop her from charging head on however, and she hoped her opponent Didn't throw any curve balls in her direction, otherwise she was in a lot of trouble. 

Good, give me a reason to kick your ass. With her assault feeling justified, Andrea decided to take it up a notch. Realizing that Her prey, although maybe not as much as herself, was very nimble, Andrea knew that she was not only going to have to anticipate her preys movements, but she was going  to have to guide her actions. She knew exactly what had to be done. Picking up one of the light posts, Andrea slammed it from above directly in front of the prey. Figuring she would either jump it or use it as a make shift spring board, Andrea aimed and shot her blades directly for where she predicted her prey would go all the while making sure to call back any of the blades that would miss for a surprise back stab. Unknown to her prey, four(of ten) of the blades were aiming for wrists and ankles. Not to inflict damage, but rather to latch onto and constrict.

Midnight, despite her conviction, despite her years of training, simply couldn't keep up with her assassin in her current state. She simply couldn't keep up and, as the light post slammed into the ground, it blurred in her vision. Midnight knew she had a few minutes before her body just burnt out, maybe more if she was lucky! Indeed, as Andrea predicted, the Faunus used the light post to her own advantages, leaping on top of it and making a bee-line for her. Of course, even with her sembalance allowing her to dodge the blades, she couldn't dodge what she couldn't see, and in a moment, she zoned out.

Pain erupted in the left side of her body as both her rist and ankle was immobalised, and she crashed into the ground, her only weapon dropping to the ground in front of her. Midnight cursed herself for her own stupidity, and glared up at her attackers. Was this it? Was this how she died, to some nobody in a street in nowhere, all because she was tired? Anger emerged on her face. It wasn't that she didn't want to die, but rather, this isn't how she deserved to die! She had survived nature, grimm, Altas, Vale, everything the world had thrown at her, she'd survived and butchered her way through! She didn't deserve to die like this, in the middle of nowhere!