The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

"That's right, I hope you're ready to start going on official missions." the blonde woman said, smiling softly as the crowd began to leave. "Let's go and get briefed on our first mission together."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes we shall before anything else happens!" Oobleck yelled as he zoomed around.

They, split up? And the fact that Slash Wasn't with them wasn't at all a good sign. While the other cat did have many flaws, which Midnight would need a lot of time to list out, he also took full charge of the team. Meaning vanishing wasn't an option. Meaning, he was lost, unlikely, or...something out of his control happened to him. CAt Faunus don't get loss, and if he did. Midnight would make him pay for it, if nothing else, Cat Faunus had their pride dammit! If Slash was worth his ears....

Still, out of them all, she had the best way to track Slash. After quickly bandaging herself up, and taking a long drink, she walked over to Andrea. Ohh how this would be embarrassing. 

"Andrea, Slash is missing and, well, i doubt the professor will find him by running around. I know you and Slash hold hands quite a bit, meaning there is a high chance his scent will be on, well...you" Gods this was embarrassing, of all people, Andrea! "J-just, hold out your hand for a bit...A-and i swear, you pull any funny business, i don't care if i'm bleeding, i'll bury you" 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2017 at 7:07 PM, SymphonicFire said:

"That's right, I hope you're ready to start going on official missions." the blonde woman said, smiling softly as the crowd began to leave. "Let's go and get briefed on our first mission together."

The crimson haired girl smiled, “I sure am!” She replied enthusiastically her bird letting out a soft caw in agreement before continuing to stare resolutely at the individual identifying themselves as their partner. 

Smiling, the red haired sniper was about to ask her new partner to lead the way when her birds actions suddenly caught her attention. Looking down at her bird, she paused for a moment before holding up a hand in an attempt at getting the blondes attention. “Hay wait, before we do that shouldn’t we introduced ourselves?” She asked curiously. 

• 2 weeks later...

(I'm sorta back; I had midterms so I couldn't check in)

Ellie turned around and smiled again. "Of course, how rude of me. My name is Elizabeth Chrysler, I handle most of the missions here." she replied, looking at the girl and her crow. She kept getting distracted by the crow, wondering if it was a pet or something else. Since the girl seemed to be some sort of sniper, maybe she uses the crow to scout the area.

Andrea winced at the bandaging her situation my be completely fabricated, but those injuries most certainly were not. Whether on purpose or not, glass and magic knives would do that.  " Y-Yeah, let's head back. Clearly we're dealing with something a little stronger then we had anticipated...." Andrea said figuring her personal goals were the worst thing to happen to the party during the mission.

A short  trip later, the party had finally arrived at the camp site and.... Slash wasn't there? As Andrea noticed this, she couldn't help but panic. Despite the things she had said, the things she thought and the things she was taught by mother, she could help but feel some emotions for the cat. Emotions she couldn't quite put a finger on but emotions none the less! However, Andreas opportunist instincts soon kicked in and putting on a fearful face she said. " Th-that person said something about Slash abandoning us... You don't think he...." Andrea made a somewhat desperate face as she looked at Midnight.

Giving a somber sigh, Andrea turned to Tehengu and said "That's if he's even still here...." Turning her attention toward the other cat, Andrea scoffed and said, " What? You don't think he would have thought of that? Besides, it's not like we hold hands that often. But, if you think you can? Please.... Find him..." Andrea let her head drop and began tearing up. What? She knew tears would be good for the performance but, no, she couldn't let her emotions get in the way....

• Like 1

"Yes. Hopefully Mr Claw will still be alright, but neither of you are in the condition to find him." The Professor said as he zoomed around. "If something has happened to him, we'll find more than just Mr Claw." 

Midnight heard what the professor was saying, and honestly, if she was in a sane state of mind, the Faunus would agree with him. She herself was bleeding, on the verge of passing out and being kept awake by a flask and adrenaline in her veins. Her shoulder had been stabbed and she was certain her vision was starting to blur a little, not to mention that Andrea had also gone through some level of torture, although the extend was unknown to Midnight. 

The Faunus sniffed Andreas hand, there was was. The scent of a Faunus, it had to be Slash. She was very taken aback to see Andrea at the point of tears, but, well, even she had a weak side. It was a shame Midnights ability to care was limited, otherwise she'd of mocked the girl for it. She turned around, and walked near the professor.

"I'm certain something has happened to him. He's a Cat Faunus, we don't just get lost on a whim like this. Something, or someone, has him, and i'm going to find him and kill anything that stands in my way professor. You can either come with us, or stay here...I truly don't care which you pick" She would begin a slow walk forwards, heading in the direction of Slash. She could smell him, and she wouldn't lose his scent anytime soon. 

Professor Oobleck took a sip from his thermos. "It is my job to keep you all safe during this trip; I intend on doing it right." he said as he slinged his backpack on. "Take some medicine before you leave; we will need to be in good shape once we arrive there."

Tehengu sighed as Midnight began heading off even in her condition. He would rather she stay behind, especially with the high likelihood of them running into trouble, but he knew he wouldn’t be able to convince her otherwise, so his only real choice was to go with her to protect her. And so he did, sticking close to her and remaining on a constant lookout for any enemies. 

Medicine, as Midnight used it, was a bandage for her bleeding shoulder and a long drink of her flask. Of course, she did have something else prepared that currently existed within a needle in her back, but she'd use that when the fight started. It was a 'timebomb', meaning she'd be able to fight non-stop for an hour easily, before passing out or needing another shot. Too many, and well, a heart can only take so much adrenaline. Thankfully, none of them were trying to stop her, because she was on a mission. She had an order, find Slash. She would achieve her mission, or die. As was the fate of a soldier.

Following Slashs scent, it wasn't hard to locate where he'd gone. A massive hole in the ground, into some cave or something?

"Found it!" She called out "His scent ends here, by this hole..."

The Professor peered into the hole. "It appears Mr Claw must have fallen down there. Looks like we'll have to follow him!" Oobleck pulls out rope from his backpack and ties it to a lamp post before throwing the other end into the hole.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Slash was still being beaten up by Torchwick. He slowly sits up as he starts to loosen the bonds around his wrists. "Start talking. How did you find this place?" Roman said, using the end of his cane to lift Slash's chin. The faunus smirked, "I fell through your ceiling, better call a roofer."

Midnight looked down the hall, even with her Faunus vision, it wasn't easy to see the bottom. She looked around at the 'team', was she meant to say something here? As the most experienced, probably?

"Simply mission. Go in, find Slash, get out. No heroics, no trying to show off. Do your job, you get out alive" It was the closest she had to care to make, simple, to the point. With that solice, she grabbed onto the rope and went first, using her enhance Faunus Night Vision to spy what was occuring around her. 

• 3 weeks later...

"Sorry sir, but there's not a thing on Remnant that could keep me here right now." After Midnight sniffed Andreas hand, she got up really and headed for the bandages. Luckily for her, the wounds had been self inflicted and despite looking bad, were nothing horrifically serious.

Once her quick patch job was done, Andrea rubbed her eyes clean, turned toward the professor and said. " We're a team we can't just stay put when one of us is in danger." With determination in her heart, Andrea chased after Midnight.

When the trail finally got cold, they were all standing by a giant hole. "Oooookay?"Said Andrea confused about the possible scenarios. " So do we just go down?" It was then that Oobleck threw a rope down the hole. " I guess that's a yes." Following suit, Andrea grabbed the rope and climbed down.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

"Let's go!" Oobleck yelled as he took the rope and followed the group. They would find themselves in the same area that Slash ended up when he fell. The Professor looked around, finding a small puddle of blood near the wall. He went over to the other side and saw the shipments of dust, and more importantly, the White Fang. "Is that Mr Claw?" he asked, looking down to see Slash tied up in front of Roman Torchwick. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I fell through your ceiling, better call a roofer." Slash smirked, quickly getting hit in the head. "You are starting to get on my nerves. You have until the count of 10." Torchwick aimed his cane at Slash's head and put his finger on the trigger.

It wasn't hard to spot either of them. Slash and...Torchwick. That damn human was here! That meant, the White Fang was here also. She let out a short breath as she checks the blade in her hand, and the hsield in the other. It was time to party. She bit her lower lip. Could she make the distance before Torchwick pulled the trigger on his cane. No. But, there was one thing he could not be prepared for. 

Midnight took her blade, Judgement, and threw it right at Torchwick. It had enough power behind it to reach him. Using it as a distraction, the Faunus charged and made a wide swing at him. There was clear anger in her eyes. This human, the sight of him, annoyed her. This stupid human was way above his head. The Faunus didn't need his help to liberate themselves! "You! Why is it, everywhere i go, you're here waiting for me!?"

“Midnight! Wait!” He hissed out as she charged. It was too late for that though, so now he had to simply set up, for now simply providing covering fire so Midnight didn’t get swarmed. 

“Help her!” He said to the others, firing again and again at the enemies. 

Slash's eats perked up as the blade flew between Slash and Torchwick, startling the both of them. Slash turned his head and looked at the yelling faunus. Of course it was Midnight, she had a habit of jumping into fights without thinking. "Looks like back-up is here!" Slash grinned, freeing himself of his bonds and sent the White Fang guards flying with a double uppercut. "Took you guys long enough! I can't handle this many!" 

"No time to chat Mr Claw! We need to deal with the matter at hand!" 

Torchwick raises his cane to block the attack. "Uh, who are you again?" he said to the female faunus.

The world faded away. The underground area, her team, the professor. The rage of Midnight was focused solely upon Roman. This human, who treated her family like dirt, yet used them for his own purposes! Grimm had a LOT of explaining to do if she ever managed to catch up with him again. Using her second sword to swing, she allowed her rage, all her emotions she typically buries down deep, to flare up. A volcanic eruption of emotions. That was the fuse, but fuel was him not even remembering her. Was she so significant that he forgot! She snarl that escaped her mouth was not human.

"You arrogant little pest of a human! I told you at the docks, we Faunus don't need you!" She took a hard swing, aimed at his cane instead of him. Even in her anger, she knew she'd have to fight his weapon before getting through to her target. Through gritted teeth, she said much softer, where only those listening closey would hear "After i'm done with you, i'm gunna find a certain wolf and he better damn have my answers" 

Torchwick laughed as he took a step back to dodge the swing. "We? You don't speak for these animals..." he sneered as two White Fang guards with guns surrounded Midnight. "...they speak for themselves." He backs away and runs out of sight. 

Slash knocked out another when he noticed Torchwick get away. "Guys! We need to finish up here quick! He's got a train loaded with weapons and robots!"

"That's ridiculous! The tunnels are sealed, they lead to a dead end!"

"Get to your places,;we are leeaving now!" Torchwick announced over the intercom. 

Midnight growled at Torchwick as he backed away. This human was NOT escaping her! She spots the two Faunus to her sides, and she shakes her head. They had one chance to stop her. They were too late. The cat-Faunus threw herself at the one to her left, quickly disabling them by slashing across their chest. The second fired, but her shield met the attack and stopped the shots dead. Turning to face that other Faunus, shield raised, she used it as a battering ramm, knocking the other Faunus onto the ground. She was confident the blow would disable them.

She looked over at Slash. Thank the gods he was alive. She frowned as she heard the train start moving. What was the plan here? They had no choice right? They had to stop the train! Grabbing her blade from the ground and placing it on her back. The Faunus looked at the team, with Slash back 'in charge', there was a simply choice. They had to stop this train! "Get a move on!" She said loudly as she sprinted forwards towards the train. Torchwick was not escaping her fangs again! 

"Let's go!" Slash ran after the train, hopping onto the back of the last carriage and climbing to the top. This is it, a chance to stop the White Fang from hurting anymore people. The last time they saw them it was just a robbery; this is definitely much more serious. If the tracks are leading that way...especially towards a dead end... "We have to stop the train! It's heading for the city!"

• 2 weeks later...

Climbing down the rope, Andrea wondered what they would find. Was Slash just going off alone, trying to be the big tough guy? Or maybe he had fallen into a trap! Would he even still be alive!? Andrea let out a shaky breath as she finally made it all the way down. Upon touching the ground, Andrea immediately began scanning her eyes all over the everywhere. Spotting the blood, she went to investigate. Andrea anxiously bit her lip at the implications of the blood splatter. " So he got caught? That's not good. " she perked up when she heard Oobleck remark and quickly went to look.

There he was. Captured, bound and...being interrogated? Guess it made sense. If someone fell through my roof I would wanna know what they were doing there. " Alright, I don't think they know we're here so-" Andrea let out an annoyed sigh as she watched Midnight sword fly through the air. " Yeah, or we can just do that. Guess I can still use this." Using the over emotional cat lady as a distraction, Andrea ducked into the shadows and attempted to make her way toward Slash.

When she had made it closer to him, she noticed that he had.... freed himself. Jumping to his side, Andrea  scoffed and said " Fear not damsel, we have come to rescue your sorry butt. Now let's go, we have work to do. " Andrea followed the group toward the train and hopped aboard. " I'm getting those real boss fight vibes here."

(God dang that's Bad even for me. )

• 1 year later...

Slash hung onto the ledge to help the others up, first grabbing Oobleck's and pulling him up onto the train. "Come on guys! We don't have much time!" he yelled, reaching out for the next person. "We are to far below ground, calling for backup will be difficult" Oobleck said as he looked ahead. 

Tehengu growled slightly as things progressed, though he could see it was getting to be time to move on. He kept up the covering fire as he started to run towards the train. He fired one shot past Midnight to get her attention, pointing to the train as he kept running towards it. 

Midnight tighten the grip on her sword and shield, as she could basically feel her heart pounding within her chest. They had to do this quickly, if it took too long then...She shook her head. She didn't have time to worry about this! She turned her eyes to the two fangs members she'd just taken down...How had she gotten here, to the point where she was fighting against the very people she wanted to be standing aside....When had her life gotten so complicated. Why..

The arrow instantly caught her eyes, and she couldn't NOT look at her attacker...Wait, Tehengu?! It took her a moment to put two and two together, and gave him a solid nod. The girl sprinted forwards, and to ensure she made it, actually jammed her sword into the side of the train to climb aboard it. She turned to Slash, before ensuring Tehengu made it onto the train.

"Well, i guess...Stopping the train takes priority i assume...?" She asked, looking at Slash mostly as she asked the question.