IMAGINE Sign up and OOC

Blueblood

"For we war not against flesh and blood, but against darkness, fear, hunger, and shame."

-IMAGINE Motto

So, what is IMAGINE? Well, the full title is the International Mutual Aid and General Improvement of National Economic project, which may be a little contrived, but that's acronyms for you. It's purpose is to promote peace by combating directly all the factors that give fuel to conflicts, most notably scarcity of resources and lack of mutual understanding. Recent events have driven home the necessity for such an organization, and with the blessing of Equestrian Royalty, it was founded. Surprisingly, it was not the Princesses that mainly drove its founding, but Prince Blueblood who (with the assistance of very patient helpers) got together the seed money from several prominent Equestrians and others to found the organization.

How does it work? A bit like a combination of the Peace Corps, Red Cross, USAID, and the World Bank. That is, messily, but with the best of intentions. It is essentially an NGO of those who do what they can to help, with the resources to do it on a large scale. Whether than be through development investment, medical aid, famine relief, travel and meeting facilitation, or what have you.

Was this founded to deal with WRAITH? Sort of. Organizations like that get their recruiting power and support from situations that IMAGINE was made to relieve, but there's never any intention of direct confrontation. I specifically made this so that it would fit quite well into the spirit of the World of Equestria Boards, as well as Canterlot Chronicles.

Who Can Join? Do you want to work for peace in the world, but aren't a secret agent or the like? Here's your chance! Just post a link below to your profile, along with a short description of what you can bring to the table.

Membership is not capped. Blueblood is going to need all the help he can get if this is not going to turn out to be a disaster...

Who's Joined Already?

-Solace

-Snowfall

-Rarity

-Frostlace

-Applejack

-Filthy Rich

-Moondancer

I could see Golden Zenith getting behind this. I originally thought Destiny, but I can't come up with a reason for a reclusive REA mage to join up. So former Royal Guard do-gooder it is! I'll link her profile when I get home, great concept.

Hmm, sounds fun.

Here's a couple who might be good for this:

Snowfall: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/3262-snowfall/ - Snow is the wealthy CEO of a highly successful Stalliongrad based technology firm called Northern Storm Industries. She is highly motivated to act against WRAITH, and willing to help in anyway her position allows.

Rarity: http://www.canterlot.com/topic/6125-rarity-final/ - the proprietor of a fashion boutique in Ponyville, and also a part of the inner circle of Princess Twilight Sparkle. Has a seldom unmatched ability for locating valuable gems. Can also make clothing quickly for those who might need it. Generosity is her core element.

Frostlace's schtick is that she wants to bring a little light into the lives of everyone she meets. She's from old blood and old money and generally doesn't like spending any of it on herself when she can put it to better use. She would be thrilled to back IMAGINE financially and get out into the field to do the hooves-on stuff as well. Also her family owns a hospital in Stalliongrad, which can only be beneficial. Here's her app.

Awesome, I'll edit in a roster to the OP.

In-character, I'm hoping to get the genesis of the idea out at Lilac's Party thread, since most of you are already there.

Applejack would be more than pleased to help. Not only can she directly help herself, but she has a vast knowledge of farming which can help in all sorts of agricultural projects. Also of note- Apple family relative wealth and connections, vast resources and food supply, and Applejack's one of a kind ability to organize and distribute using supply lines.

I can't promise I'll be able to participate a lot in IMAGINE RPs, but I got two characters that may be of use just in case:

Filthy Rich - He's filthy rich, but likes to donate to good causes frequently.

Moondancer - On the cusp of graduating college with an aetherology degree, she's looking for potential opportunities to employ her magic skills for good.

So... upon Dio reminding me I had this character, I thought she'd make a much better fit than some ragtag former guard. Solace, in many ways Zen's spiritual successor and captain of the Sunsworn:

She would have quite a bit to offer an organization like IMAGINE, considering her own day-to-day consists of helping Equestria and its inhabitants.

Updated!

Be sure also to suggest ideas for what IMAGINE can do. I have an idea for their first project in Whitescar, but there are probably other areas of the world that could use a helping hoof as well.

Whitescar is definitely a half-half proposal. Even caribou open to better relations probably wouldn't view their situation as needing any help, IMAGINE could probably do some sort of exchange there.

Yeah, that would come with the diplomatic visit; just to establish ground relations. I was thinking that a rail line could be offered to run from Barn to Heil, before I saw that there's a river there already. If it's frozen for enough of the year, might be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

At some point this week, I'm going to get the first thread up for this, since I don't want this idea to fall by the wayside. I'm thinking a kind of "Founder's Meeting" in the Crystal Empire, since Blueblood, Snowfall, and Frostlace are there already.

I'll try to get a recruiting thread up as well so the rest can join in; that will be an open thread so more can join in if they want to.

I have a question. does imagine allow applicants who aren't ponies... I have a chang-- er character who's good-natured and knows a fair bit about medicine who might want to join after she gets back from a... vacation. :)

Archived