My Little Portal - Testing is Magic

Well, I got this idea today, but I'm not sure if everyone's up for a Portal-esque roleplay or not. So.......yeah. I wouldn't have my own character, I'd be playing as the narrator and GLaDOS. The intro goes a little something like this, for now:

"Welcome to the Aperture Science Pony Testing Initiative." A robotic voice says as you slowly come to. You're not quite sure where you are, or how you got here, or what that voice is. As you look around, you notice that you're in some sort of cylindrical tube. Before you can contemplate much about the tube it begins to shake, and you feel the momentum of you being carried upward. As you sit there confused, a different robotic voice begins talking. "You have been hand selected to participate in an ongoing study of your species. If you feel you are not qualified to represent your species, please see an Aperture Science representative as soon as you've completed testing. Thank you, and have a nice day!" After that, the elevator stops, and the doors to your tube open. In front of you is nothing but some sort of plate. Out from above drops a cube, landing on the plate and being sent flying forward into the darkness before you. You look around at the black panel walls and floor. It doesn't seem like you have much of a choice.

So, what does everyone think? Yay? Neigh? Meigh?

Well, the majority of it would be explained through the eyes of the character, much like the intro post. After all, you don't simply walk into a room in Portal and instantly know what needs to be done to solve the room, right? It takes exploration, examination..........and testing.

• 1 year later...

Haha, well, it's almost been two years since I created this thread. I don't know if I'll have the same ideas in mind as I did when I came up with this, but if enough people show interest I'll do it. It'll probably be closely related to how Portal 2's co-op works. Narratively wise, of course. But, yeah, I'll do it if more people want to.

Archived