Equestria v. Flash Sentry (Invite Only)

Bellosh

Questions and more questions.  Blueblood had an irrational feeling of being back at school, and being corrected by a teacher in front of the class.  *If this fellow already knows the answers, why is he bothering to ask me?*  It was probably all for show, now that he thought about it, as the bulk of the prosecution's evidence was written.  The Prince seemed to be the only personal witness Noble had, now that he was looking.

Well, if his contribution to the cause of justice was to make a good show, Blueblood could do that.  Most things he'd ever done were for the sake of appearance, after all.  

“Can you describe everything that happened up until the vault showed up?”

"Well, the caribou brought it with them, see, so there wasn't much time for things to happen before it arrived, you know.  Although it seemed like a lot did, now that I think about it.  You had all those Vikings, and then the explosion, of course, but all told, the Vault arrived early, and the fighting started soon after."  He said the last part with a bit of patriotic pride; Ponies weren't the sort to stand that sort of thing supine!  Notwithstanding the fact that his first reaction was more flight than fight...

“What happened with the Vault? Was the defendant there? We have several witness statements that say he was. Can you corroborate?”

A lot questions, that.  "Well, the Red Jarl was going on about needing the hoof of a Royal to open the blasted thing; as you might imagine, I made every effort to escape their grasp.  Managed to take out four of their warriors on the way, with nothing but a champagne bottle!"  Which was to say, he ran out onto the balcony, shot the cork off, and with the lucky shot, managed to collapse the floor under them.  There wasn't time to go into all that, however, so Blueblood just let the admiring (or incredulous) murmurs serve as background noise as he continued.

"Of course, it really didn't matter, I suppose, since he actually managed to get Princess Twilight for that.  Actually, yes, the defendant was there; he pulled her out of the rubble.  The Vault exploded when she was used to open it; and then he said that Sombra already knew about the Jarl's plan to betray him or something.  And then the other traitor guards charged the caribou."

“Could you hear what he said?”

"Well, he certainly wasn't whispering!"

“What happened after the Vault exploded?”

"Er, yes, let me think... I was actually on the longship when the whole thing blew, and there was a rush for steadier ground.  I still had the champagne bottle, I remember, because I broke it across the defendent's skull.  Didn't seem to make much impression.  Anyhow, he got up soon, and that was when I heard him shout, 'Twilight Sparkle is MINE!!!'  Made quite the impression on me."

“Thank you, Your Highness. It has been an honor. For the benefit of Equestria, what is IMAGINE going to be doing that the good ponies of this court and city may be able to get involved in?”

Oh, was that it?  Well, he supposed it made sense to halt at the dramatic moment in his testimony, and he really hadn't any more to say on the subject, unless cross-examined.  What that last question had to do with anything was beyond him, but he had no objection to answering.  "Well, our first major task is going to be establishing trade security and infrastructure investment in Whitescar, so if you've got maritime or industrial interests, that might be worth your time.  More generally, we've been hearing things about Griffonstone, which may be open for more small-scale projects.  Just volunteering to go and see the places would probably help a lot; we're trying to forge friendly connections on all levels of society between different cultures, in order to prevent further conflicts such as the recent tragedy in the Empire."  

Robikku had listened to the events of the dialogue so far - nothing particularly stood out yet, and he had to admit that the prince had no real reason to be lying...and it sounded like he was confident enough in his statements that this was fairly close to how events went as far as Blueblood remembered it. However, none of this was exactly making his job any easier - as a matter of fact, such a witness as Blueblood would probably be enough for many of the less-informed jurors to throw their weight behind him entirely...heck, Robikku knew that had he not been as informed about the prince and his occasional character lapses of the past, he may well have been inclined to do the same thing in this situation had he not been where he was now.

With pretty much nothing satisfactory, the defense attorney pegasus continues to keep track of the conversation by scrawling notes and watching the pair closely - ultimately, he needed to try and piece some scrap of an argument together soon, or there was absolutely no way he was going to be able to counterattack effectively...and at the current moment in time, there just wasn't enough ammo he could use to get momentum for a recovery going!

Archived