Through Blood and Dirt and Bone (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Ash withdrew the kiss and smiled. "I'm glad you came into my life, Steel."

Kane stood on the balcony a little ways below the top. He looked in the direction the Horde had retreated, thinking about how the actual confrontation with Silent would go when the war finally ended.

Ash nuzzled his neck and smiled as a weight was lifted off of her shoulders.

Kane entered the room and saw Autumn laying in bed. He sat down on the bed and ran his hoof through her hair. "You're always so nervous, Kane." Autumn said as she felt Kane next to her. "I can't help it. I'm trying so hard to end this war and the stress of it is astounding." Autumn sat up and leaned her head on his shoulder. "You were nervous before the war even started, but look how far you've come. You're going to beat him, Kane. I know you will." Kane smiled as he kissed Autumn's head.

Kane walked out in his armor as the Canterlot and Crystal armies prepared to move out. "We have to catch him before he gets to the sea. If his forces get onto their warships, we're in for a beating. Horde sailors are the best in the world." Blood was putting his own gear on with the bat ponies as Ash prepared to move out with the Elementals.

Shadow stood still as Shade used his magic to outfit his armor to him, Ally and Maple spoke Ragnorak about thier positions for the battle. Oakly walked amongst the soldiers getting stares of disbelief and hushed whispers about why a pony so young was fighting in this war. "Should it come to it, are you prepared to do what is necessary, for the good of Equestria? It's different when its family." He asked intently coming to Kane.

Arial made sure Nara and Sting were suited up, Laxus tightened his bracers on with his teeth, his eyes sparked with lightning. Steel cracked his neck side to side, his crimson eyes shining brightly, each of his numbering piercings shined under the suns rays. "Its too bad we dont have a water dragon slayer here yet, they'd be very useful if the fight goes to sea."

Kane cracked his neck as he gripped his sword and gave it a few swings. He looked up to the balcony of the palace where Autumn was watching him sadly. Kane sighed. "I will do whatever it takes. He won't harm anybody ever again when this is over."

"True, but wooden ships burn easily." Ash said, tightening her battle skirt as she lit her horn to make a few small streaks of orange flames to practice.

Oakly glanced behind him, "You know you can always use a surrogate mare for an heir. I assume you've already considered many options, you do have a bloodline that needs to be carried on."

"Not to mention that Water is a good conductor of electricity, of they're touching water, they're toast. Literally." Laxus chimed confidently. Steel smirked at the young colts battle strategies, "Lightning is a powerful element indeed, just make sure you can control it." Laxus nodded then scratched his head smilling innocently.

"the hulls of warships are lacquered with a substance that not only helps keep water from getting in the boat, but is also very flame resistant, setting the ships on fire will be a lot harder than you think." Radz said with her arms folded "which is why I took the liberty of making this for everyone." she turned to a cart full of bottle that were filled with a green liquid (greek fire) "a bit unethical, but it will draw the final battle to a close a lot quicker."

"I have considered it, but I do not care about my bloodline. The safety of my kingdom and her happiness come first. Whatever she feels is best I will do." Kane said with a sigh.

Ash tilted her head at the strange substance. "What is it? Some kind of explosive?"

((Greek fire is legit. Greeks were geniuses.))

Oakly nodded, "I understand."

"Its a highly flammable liquid, very dangerous, used it alot during my time in the Saddle arbia spec ops division. Give it out to the troops, we'll be fine here." Steel inquired.

Radz chuckled "oh Steel, this is something a lot better. It's my original recipe... the sun wished it could burn hotter, not even any of you could withstand the heat at which it burns, so don't get any on you." She said crossing her arms "I don't trust regular foot soldiers to handle such a dangerous substance, only you and higher bat ponies are allowed to touch it. Understand?" She asked sternly making sure they get the message.

Steel looked at her crossly, "So your ignoring the fact that the normal soldiers have less a chance of taking down the ships than we do. We're unicorns who can turn half dragon and control powerful elements of nature. The Bat Ponies are all biomedically enhanced monsters from Tartarus,"

Ragnorak walked by in the background with his neck broken and his head hanging down, "Hey Ally, I tried that one move again, didnt go so well.... Again." Ally walked up to him with an annoyed look and snapped his head back, but it was on backwards, "Oops hold on... *crack*... Got it." She said after putting his neck and everything back into place, Ragnorak shivered as his body healed up, "Thanks Ally."

Steel looked back to Radz, "I rest my case."

Kane looked over his troops and took a breath. "Let's move." He said to Oakly as he headed for the coast. "We have to get their with enough to to assemble our navy. This is the last thing I wanted." He said with a sigh, wishing he could have avoided taking on his brother at sea. Blood groaned in frustration. "Why did it have to be ships? I hate naval battles." Kane walked past him and smirked. "Sounds like somebody is scared of water." He joked. Blood growled at Kane. "Watch your tongue!"

Radz facehooofed "Unless you wanna prove that you are even more incompetent with such an important task." Her face grew serious "if any of you bucks this up..." she narrowed her eyes "they will be spending five minutes in a room with me and this pencil!" She pulled out an ungodly sharp pencil "you will wish you have died in the fires..."

Steel stood firmly, "I quiver with fear..." He said monotonously, Nara and Sting were wide eyed, wondering if she was serious or not.

"Fear is a natural emotion, normal for any lifeform." Oakly said monotonously. Shadow snickered at his brothers angry fit, Maple hugged Blood, "Oh your so cute when your angry."

Kane raised an eyebrow at Radz's threat. "Father told me stories about Killjoy using rusty spoons on people. I guess Radz got it from somewhere." He said looking a the pencil.

Blood blushed and scowled angrily. "I wouldn't hate water so much if SOMEBODY didn't try and drown me because I beat him in a race when we were kids!" He said to Shadow before turning to Maple. "So are you, little missy." He said, tussling her hair a bit.

Shadow gasped in shock but grinned, "It was a dominance thing bro."

Maple instantly took Blood by the back of his head drove it into the ground, she then sat on him. Ally walked by high hoofing her as she did.

Blood sighed and slipped out from under her. "Hun, as much as I love that beautiful flank of yours, I don't need it suffocating me before a battle." He said with a smirk before swatting her butt with his wing.

The horde ships where one by one casting off shore. Silent walked around observing the progress. He got a chill down his spine a she thought about what Hazel could possibly do in this situation. He'd rather her not be part of the fight.

Maple squeaked then slammed him into the ground creating a six foot hole down, Ragnorak peaked in, "Ha talk about a royal pain."

Oakly smiled slightly seeing how some could keep joking around even in hard times. Shadow held his mouth shut as Ally came up beside him daring him to laugh at the joke. Shade just followed his King in silence as always.

"Hello Father." Hazels voice came from above as she layed down on some crates, her tail swished side to side, her hazel eyes now a shining venomous green and slit.

Blood climbed out with a smirk and nuzzled Maple's neck and kissed her cheek, knowing that she wouldn't be mad a him.

Ash lit her horn and warmed up her magic so she would be prepared for when the fight finally took place. She seemed far more calm and focused, mostly due to her frustration about crushing on Steel gone and the distraction no longer there. Fighting alongside him would also be helpful to her.

Silent looked at Hazel but shrugged it off. He went to her and kissed her forehead. "Hello my dear. How are you feeling?"

Maple blushed but nuzzled him back, "Your an idiot, but at least your my idiot."

Hazel grinned bareing her sharp fangs, "Where will you be when they arrive, I want to be able to place myself so I can wipe them out along side you?" She asked darkly.

Silent looked at Hazel for a long moment, concerned for what Rose did to her. "Hazel, this isn't an ordinary battle. Maybe you should go somewhere safe and wait it out."

Kane smirked but turned to leave again. "Alright children, you had your fun, let's go." He said as he began to march away with the Canterlot troops. Ash followed close behind with the Order. Blood kissed Maple's cheek before following.