Through Blood and Dirt and Bone (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Kane's ship destroyed another ship with its battering ram and he leaped off onto the enemy ship slashing through horde sailors. Ash turned to her half dragon form a lit a nearby ship on fire and annihilated its crew.

Oakly and Hazels fight spread throughout the sea battle creating small shockwaves scattered around causing damage to ships on both sides. Oakly flew up high and put his hooves together and sucking in, "Fire Style Fireball Justu!" Oakly blew an enormous ball of fire down towards Hazel who was surprised by the sudden ability to produce fire without magic, she lit up her eyes with green and purple flames and formed a green sphere in her hoof and met the fire ball head on in a giant explosion. Oakly narrowed his eyes scanning the large smoke cloud, he quickly dodged to the side as a green sphere wizzed past him, suddenly Hazel burst from the smoke with wings made of green and and purple fire. Oakly formed a blue sphere in his hoof and met with Hazels green sphere, the two spheres met erupting in another giant explosion.

Shade had formed a protective coat around his ship letting them fire out but the enemies shots did nothing to them. Maple used her magic to launch the bottles of Radzs greek fire at the Horde ships. Arial used the wind like razors, cutting down the hordes masts and sails leaving them dead in the water. Steel caught a cannon ball and rapidly ate it in quick bites, he grinned at a nearby horde ship, the Barbarians gulped sensing their doom. Steel sucked in, "Iron Dragon, Roar!" He blew a large vortex of tiny metal shards that tore right through the ship effortlessly, Steel then turned spread his metal cloud breath across three more ships tearing them apart. Nara and Sting lit up their horns and fired out beams of light and shadow that tore through enemy ships. Laxus stood atop the main mast of his ship, his entire body sparked as he drew in lightning from the skies above, finally he held out a hoof pointing at the Horde ships, "Dragon Slayer Sacred Art, Ark Cannon." A small ball of lightning shot out in an ark towards the back of the Hordes fleet, it gradually expanded in size to almost 1/8 of the moon, it landed ontop of the back ranks vaporizing over four dozen ships leaving only ashes falling into the water. Laxus grinned, "Swallow that you Horde scum."

Suddenly Equestrian ships began to blow up in first explosions as Horde Juggernaut ships began to fire massive balls of fire at them. Ash grit her teeth and blew towards a Juggernaut, igniting it and setting fire to it's fuel, causing it to explode. Blood flew off his ship and to another Juggernaut where he punch a hole through the hull and shot a flaming arrow inside, hitting the fuel and blowing it up as well. He jumped safely to another Equestrian ship easily. Kane could see Silent's ship in the distance and ordered his ship to charge it full speed.

The last of the Juggernaut ships were suddenly entangled by shadowy vines and pulled into shadowfangs blade, Shadow flew up over Kanes ship, "Make way for the Kings!" He yelled viciously before fireing a black beam out of shadowfang that tore through the ships in Kanes path leading straight to Silents ship a d exposing him entirely. Ally ran across the water and up to back of Kanes ship putting her hoof on it, she put just the right amount of force into it to send the ship rocketing forward without damaging the ships hull.

Oakly slid across the water to a halt ballancing on a broken mast part, Hazel landed a ways away with a smirk, "Ah I get it now, my memory from my previous hosts are coming back to me little by little. Gray pelt, piercing blue eyes, use of Ancient Arts. Your Traxs son! He used that same art during the Bat Pony Rebellion, I saw it through Echo and Blackstars eyes, such power and amazing abilities. It would make sense that he's pass it on to his Son. Kage and Uchia were both talented as well with its power, and that Sun Mare too. No matter, I am the Nightmare! I will devour you all-" Hazel attempted to move but felt restricted, her body was paralyzed... No, she was being controlled! Hazel looked up seeing Oakly putting his hooves together, she felt herself do the same, "What are you...." Oakly smirked, "You made the mistake of letting your guard down when you were talking. Ninja Art, Shadow Possession Jutsu." Hazel looked around in suprise then saw the strand of shadow connected to her, she glared back at Oakly with rage burning in her eyes.

Kane walked up to the head of the ship as it darted towards Silent's. Silent turned to see it coming towards him quickly and drew his blades. Kane leaped in the air as his ship slammed it's battering ram into Silent's ship, shattering it into pieces. Silent quickly threw a block up as Kane parried with him and the brothers began to furiously strike each other.

Suddenly another wave of Horde ships and juggernauts came in from the side and tore into Equestria's ships. Ash jumped off the ship she was on and turned to her dragon for. Blood leaped onto her back as she flew over the approaching horde reinforcements. He jumped off onto the nearest juggernaut and tore through horde sailors as Ash began burning the others.

Oakly glanced over seeing the horde reinforcements, he formed a clone next to him who sat down on the waters surface and took over the Shadow possession jutsu. The real Oakly flickered away. Hazel struggled to glanced over at the battle, she looked back to the clone gritted her teeth and trying to break the strong jutsu.

Oakly flew over the battle to the Horde reinforcment ships, he spawned another clone that flew down putting his hooves together, he spawned over three dozen kuni all connected with a thin line. The clone spun throwing a kuni to each ship, he held on to the ends of each line, the real Oakly balanced on the clones head putting his hooves together and drawing breath. "Fire Style Great Dragon Flame Jutsu!" Oaklys breath expanded in a raging flame that shot down each line like live dragons and demolished through the three dozen ships obliterating them. As the clone poofed away, Oakly then sensed his hold break, he looked over seeing the wake left behind Hazels bursting off. Oakly felt the tension in time to glance above him seeing Hazel speeding towards him, his first reaction was to dodge but something told him not to, instead he closed his eyes. Hazel slammed into him, Oakly felt a lost of breath and the sharp pain as Hazels fire blade corsed through his side, he was able to move it down away from his heart. The two went rocketing back to shore and crashing into the earth creating a long ditch.

Ally watched whole thing half wanting to chase after but this was war, she needed to focus on the battle here and now. She ran over te water kicking up an entire horde ship and then leaping to punch it back down onto another. Shadow held his hoof up blocking the blinding light from Laxus's second Ark Cannon, the blast radius engulfed more and more of Silents ships instantly turning them to ash. The combined power of all of them working together left the Horde dwindling in ship numbers, Silent was on the brink.

Rose sipped her glass of wine before smirking slyly, "Wont be long now, after Oakly defeats Hazel, Silent will be at a lost. And then..." She looked down at the three Legendary warriors before he standing perfectly still like statues, their eyes glowing Red, Blue, and Green."

((Example of thier eyes with their individual color))

Kane and Silent parried with each other after a long and brutal duel. Both were covered in scars and wounds and blood covered the broken ship they fought on. "It's over, Silent. I'll give you one chance to surrender, or you will all be sent to the bottom of the sea. Silent saw a juggernaut fire at them out of the corner of his eye and smirked. "You first, brother." He said as he leaped off the ship and safely onto another one. Kane didn't have time to react as he saw the fire come towards him. The ship exploded in a massive firey cloud as the ship was annihilated. "KANE!" Blood shouted as Ash stood in shock and awe that Kane was no more.

((Assume Kane is dead. Just go with it.))

Shadow paused in surprise, "It cant be.."

Arial went wide eyed in horror, "KANE!" Laxus stopped from making his third Ark Cannon shot, his eyes going dull sorrow. Azure bit back the pain of loss, tears forming in his eyes. Stryker looked away gritting his teeth to hold back his sorrow. Steel closed his eyes feeling the hard loss, Kanes death would be an abrupt stop for their moral.

Ally narrowed her eyes looking into the fire before kicking up a near by horde ship, she jumped onto it while in mid air and pushed off with a powerful force. While the ship flew back destroying two other horde ships, Ally flew forward fast heading at Silent, she shoulder charged him hard sending him towards the flames where Kane was engulfed.

Silent vanished and reappeared behind Ally, blasting her with shadow magic into another burning ship. He then looked to the burning remains of the ship Kane was on. He had done it. He had killed Kane. But for some reason, he didn't feel the joy he thought he would feel. He turned back and glared at Ally. "All is lost. Kane is dead. Surrender now." He said coldly.

Blood dived into the water and frantically began to look for Kane. He couldn't find him anywhere in sight. He finally had to come up for air, and once above the water, he saw the bloody and tattered cloak Kane wore floating by. "No.....he's really gone."

Ash grit her teeth as she burned through the horde ships, sending hundreds to the bottom of the see in a charred mass. The troops surrounding them were infuriated by their king's demise and rammed the horde ships harder and slaughtered the barbarians. Blood climbed onto the ship with the other bat ponies and threw down Kane's cloak. "That's it....he really is gone."

Silent looked at where the ship had sank with Kane on it. He couldn't process that his brother was actually dead. He looked back to Ally with a glare and blasted her with shadow magic before teleporting away.

Ally put her hoof down from blocking against the blast, smoke came off from it, "You can't escape your true self Silent, you'll have to wake up from this sooner of later." She glanced once more at the flames where Kane was Engulfed before releasing some of her power and destroyed the ship she was on.

Shadow gasped in horror, "Its not...." He closed his eyes then opened them with fire in his eyes, "Then we finish what he started." Shadow flew up high and raised his sword, his voice projected over the entire fleet, "Kane may be gone, but his memory lives on in each of us! We are his sword, His body! We are his Will to protect Equestria from those who wish us Sorrow! Let the fire of your Will show now! This is not our end, this is where we carry on," Shadow pointed hid sword at the Horde fleet, "For Victory! FOR KANE, AND FOR EQUESTRIA!"

Azure lifted his head with courage, Stryker lit up his horn fighting back his tears, Arial wipped her tears away and charged forward. Shadow swung shadowfand around as it formed into a massive shadowy sword, he flew in leading the charge by demolishing through dozens of horde ships in one foul sweep. Laxus charged up another Ark Cannon and sent it over vaporizing more ships. Steel turned into his full dragon form and curled into a ball then rolled fast over he water and bowling into the horde fleet, demolishing any in his path. Shade and Ragnorak tag teamed together across the borded ships. Maple fired multiple magic blasts like mortar fire on the Horde ships.

Inland, at the end of a long scar in the ground, the dust began to settle slowly. Hazel stood over Oakly, her firey blade still through his side, but her Nightmare eyes were wide in shock. Oakly had one hoof on hers and the other reaching around her neck and pulled her into a hug, "Its alright, your scared, and I see that now. You brought into this world thinking you were being given life, instead you were treated as fear itself, no one wanted you, everypony only saw you as evil incarnate. Not me, your a pony too, you have as much right to a normal life as I do. You dont need to worry anymore, cause I love you, and I promise I will never let you down." Oakly told her softly. Hazel retracted her flaming blade and backed up from him wide eyed in disbelief, her horror stricken face shivered as she starred at the young colt. "No... No no no no no NOOOOOOO! Its not true! I just... I... " Hazel screamed before plopping down starring aimlessly at the ground, "I just... Wanted to be my own pony... My own life..." She said in a daze. Oakly put a hoof on his wound and it lit up with a green energy, his wound started to heal little by little, he got up and limped over to her. "My father spent half his life trying to make sure you wouldnt return to Equestria. But he was wrong, and it took his death for him to learn it. Instead of a curse, he saw you as a pony, with her own dreams in life. He passed on his teachings to me, my mission to release you from your chains, to set you free from what fate has decided who you should be." Oakly tilted her chin up so she could meet his gaze, "Nightmare, I want to be your friend, I want to be the real Nightmares friend." Hazels eyes widened even more and tears started to form.

A tear drop hit the floor beneath Rose, her eyes were in a blind trance on Oaklys screen.

Oakly placed his hoof on the bite mark and closed his eyes, he then pulled back dragging out a green liquid with his hoof, once all out he placed the green venom on the ground and caught Hazel as she fell over passed out. From the green venom, a form of each who had carried the Nightmare in them appearred, then they all combined into one. This pony shape being opened their eyes with a purple slit, "I would like that alot..." It said happily before dissolving away entirely, the Nightmare curse was now gone from the world, made peace by a simple act of kindness. Oakly exhaled feeling relieved from his family's burden, he looked back at Hazel before he sat back, and started to finish healing his wound using a healing jutsu. He could sense the discord from the battle from here, he was able to faintly sense everyponys energy, they were all alive.

Ash kept burning through the Horde ships as Blood leaped from one ship to another wiping out entire crews in seconds. Silent made it back to an unharmed ship and grit his teeth in anger. "Fall back....we sail for Maveris to regroup." The defeated Horde navy began to flee the battle in shambles. Silent then frantically began teleporting between ships. "Where is Hazel? Where is my daughter?"

A cry of pain and anger rang out in Rose's lair as Soul watched what he believed was Kane's death in battle on one of the screens. He punched the ground creating a crater and shook violently as he mourned his son.

Deep beneath the ocean, where the light no longer reached, Kane's body slowly sank further and further. A red mist surrounded him from his wounds bleeding and burns were covering his body. Suddenly two giant tentacles came from no where and grabbed his unconscious body. "It's not your time, wise King...." A deep bellowing voice said.

"Last I saw she crashed inland with the enemy." A horde soldier called out to Silent.

Trax looked back hearing the tear splash, but saw nothing Roses expression that gave her reason to cry, he looked back to the battle screens. He tried to sense hard for Kanes energy but his power couldn't leave Roses domain, there was no way to tell if Kane was alive.

Ally paused on the waters surface looking down in surprise, "No way..."

Silent grit his teeth and glared at the navigator of the ship he was on. "I'm not leaving her here. Find her!"

Once the Horde had retreated, Ash returned to her normal state and landed on the ship with the others. She put her hooves on her face and quietly sobbed. Blood sighed as he dropped Kane's tattered cloak on the ground. "I guess we should return back....someone will have to tell the Queen."

"Congratulations Rose, you killed my son. Are you happy now? Are you entertained? Are you having fun still?" Soul asked with a death glare, his body still shaking in rage and pain.

((Nobody is supposed to know Kane lived yet.))

((Lol your making me wait so long haha, Ally and Oakly can sense independent energies, they just assume Kane has his reasons for faking his death. Even though he technically didnt.))

Rose waved her hoof repressing their personalities, the three legendary warriors went still and stood at attention obediently.

Shadow landed down and picked up Kanes cloak, "Sail back what ever ships we have left, we will not be returning until Silents faced Justice for his crimes. Move!" He said sternly. Everyone hung their heads low, the soldiers started their return to shore. Shadow took the cloak and swished off into the sky.

Ally glanced back the Equestrian army then looked back to the dark deep waters below, she then looked up to where Oakly had gone and rocketed off.

Hazel scratched her head, her brain feeling fried from having to take in so much information at once. Oakly used a mind transfer jutsu to tell Hazel everything her Father was involved in, "Sooo this stuff you can do without magic, what is it?" She asked curiously. Oakly looked at her oddly, figureing her first question would be about what he just told her, "Well its an Ancient art that uses ones energy to perform, in truth, anypony can use it but it requires alot of focus and training to master. I'm pretty good but my Father was the real deal, sadly he cant teach more in this world. I'm confused, I thought you'd be more curious about the war." Hazel thought for a moment, "Honestly, I love my Father, he saved me when I was just a foal. Tool me in and raised me as his own, I'll always see him as my real Father. Seeing him through someone elses eyes... I fear him, I've never seen him with such anger and hostility, but I know its not him. I think he's just lost, like he's lost himself somewhere." She explained solemnly. Oakly put a hoof on her shoulder, "Dont worry, if anypony can save him, its Kane." Hazel felt some from his words and blushed a little being touched by a dashing young colt.

((Kane didn't really fake his death, he's just going to be saved.))

Silent glared in the distance as they scoured the now silent ocean for Hazel. His memories slowly returning to him, he hadn't felt pain like this since long ago.

((Flashback))

Amaranthe coughed violently in a hospital bed, her whole body pale. The doctors couldn't figure out what disease had suddenly come over her. Even Princess Sparkle was dumbfounded. Out on the balcony of the castle, Silent was pacing around, his mind a maelstrom of emotion from the crippling sickness coming over his love. A doctor finally came out to him and cautiously approached. "Prince Silent, she is stable. The disease has halted, but it is not healing." Silent nodded as the doctor left. "Why.....why must this happen? I can't live without her...." He said to himself. "You can save her.....you can have the power......to stop death.....I can show you....." Silent suddenly looked up as he heard a voice in his head.

((End Flashback))

Blood looked in the distance to see if he could locate Silent or any other Horde ship. "He couldn't have gone far." He said as Ash angrily began lighting fire spells, anticipating another fight.

Ally landed swiftly near Oakly and Hazel, she smiled proudly seeing her son had defeated the Nightmare for good, she exchanged a glance with Oakly acknowledging their agreement. Hazel squeaked as Oakly picked her up, "Come on, Silents probably worried sick about you." He told her before taking off into the sky towards the sea. Ally took a deep breath and leaped high and far back to the sea.

"Its time we finish this forsaken war, come on, all of us together can smash Silents army to bits." Steel said looking around at Everyone as they gathered around. Shadow stood in the middle wearing Kanes old cloak in honor of him, his eyes were closed as he listened for their agreements. Just the strongest among them would be enough, and no more casualties for the troops, they'd been through enough. Most them nodded their heads in agreement.

A kuni hit the deck just in front of Silent, not a second later Oakly flickered in holding Hazel in his hooves, he looked up meeting Silents gaze equally. The Horde Soldiers around them pointed thier weapons at Oakly ready for Silents signal, Hazel looked at Silent with worried expreession, "Dad?..."

Silent dropped everything and immediately was at Hazel's side, embracing her tightly. "Hazel...you're alright." He said quietly as he held her and his eyes teared up slightly.

Most of the Horde ships were already long gone, but a large number still remained. Blood flew into a ship and butched its entire crew. Ash annihilated another ship with her fire, reducing to a floating like of ashes.

Hazel hugged him back tightly, "Im alright Dad, the Nightmare is gone from me, thanks to Oakly." She told him. Oakly stood firm even with the many spears at his face, he glanced around then looked back to Silent and Hazel, "I only did what needed to be done." He said with a curt nod, he gaze drifted to Silent, "Now that you've killed him, is it what you were expecting?"

Silent glared at Oakly. "He's dead, but the war is lost. It was all for nothing. Unless...." He trailed off. It seemed he didn't have a choice anymore. "Come." He said to his men as they left. He had a long journey to make to get back to Rose's lair.

The remaining Horde ships that had retreated were all destroyed. Blood landed back on an Equestrian ship and looked around at the carnage. "That's it. Silent has nothing left. It's over...." He looked into the the water sadly. "But at such a terrible cost."

"It's not over, Silent still has the three...no, I believe this will get a lot bloodier." Radz said looking into the horizon "some of us are going to die..."

((Lol he wont have to go anywhere, all he has to do is ask outloud for her and she'll come. Her Lair is a personal void.))

Oakly watched him carefully, "Unless what? What else do you have to fight for you that will make a difference against us?" He asked challengingly. Hazel glanced at Oakly then looked at Silent.

Roses laughter rose in Silents head, "Do you accept them now?" She asked him slyly, the clouds above them started to swirl around, the skies darkening across the entire costal area.

Ally paused atop a cliff side facing the ocean, she narrowed her eyes as she watched the skies grow dark and began to swirl, she could sense the dark power clear as day, she gritted ger teeth and launched off towards the sea.

Shadow looked feeling shadowfang vibrate from the rising dark power, "What is this?" Everypony paused to look up at the dark swirling skies, the very eye of the storm shined down over Silents location far off.

((Kanes gotta come back before the Three arrive. Is he gonna like pop up and ask Silent to stop?))

((He'll be back soon. He could always drop in mid fight as the others are getting steam rolled.))

Silent looked up at the darkening sky and smiled evilly. "Yes."

Blood looked in the distance at the eye of the storm. Ash felt a chill down her spine as she got close to Steel. "What's going on?"

Deep beneath a cavern at the bottom of the sea, Kane slowly awoke to a mass of tentacles in a dark cave. In the middle was a large eyeball. "King Kane....the Chosen One....I have preserved you." Kane didn't know what to say to the strange creature. "Who are you?" The creature made a gurgling noise as the massive eye looked back to him. "I have no name. I am nothing and everything. I have always been and always will be. Your fate was set in stone, but I have revised your fate."

((That sounds like Full Metal Alchemist lol, but yeah I guess he can, is he gonna change Silents mind and heart so he can help battle Reanimated Soul?))

Oaklys eyes widened in horror as he felt the overwhelming power of three beings, Hazel backed up slowly towards Oakly shaking from her fear of her fathers uneasy calmness, her eyes looking up wide at the eye of the rising storm above them. Ally suddenly landed next to them, "Oakly, get us out of here now!" She yelled to him, Oakly snapped from his fear and grabbed Hazel and his mother before flickering away. Right after they left, a large white beam shot down ontop of the remaining horde forces and Silent, it cleared them all away slamming them into the sea wall and shorline as the sea opened up to the seafloor in a massive whirlpool. In the very center stood three figures.

Oakly, Ally, and Hazel appeared on a cliffsife overlooking the sea. Oakly and Ally froze up in terror, their expressions where pure shock, disbelief struck them silent. They couldn't believe what they seeing now, even though they knew, it was still a sight to fear.

Trax stood in the middle with Killjoy on his right and Soul on his left. The whites of their eyes black with death, their eye colors shined intimidatingly, their serious stares were paralyzing alone. Their combined power was enough to be felt across the continent.

Shadow floated down stiff with fear, he had felt their power before, and it was enough to make him fear death for a first. Steel was wide eyed in disbelief at the feel of such power, he felt so powerless now. Even Shades emotionless stare was wide in shock, everyone was frozen in place at the mere feeling of this power they could sense, the power that had protected the Kingdom since before most of them were born.

Rose grinned victoriously, "Thats right... Feel their strength, their legendary power. Watch helplessly as they tear apart everything you hold dear."