Through Blood and Dirt and Bone (Private)

MetalBronyATL

"Thank you Sire, this has been most helpful, history truly is astounding." Nara said nodding his head approvingly. Laxus looked at Nara with a raised questioning eyebrow, "Really Nara?" Nara looked back and forth from Laxus to Kane "I am the Night!" He yelled raising a hoof in the air and zooming out. Laxus sighed, "Thank you for the story my Lord, we learned alot."

((Sorry Im really into Naruto right now so go with it lol))

"This wont kill many of them but it will slow them down" "Wind Style Shadowclone Kuni Storm!"

A single kuni struck the ground in the center Silents camp, suddenly a million lightning fast kuni appeared striking down upon the camp.

"Glad to hear it. Maybe that will satisfy Arial for a while, eh?" Kane said with a smirk.

The kuni's tore through much of the army, but the horde's numbers barely changed. Silent walked out of his tent and caught a kuni with his bare hooves just before it hit him. "Seems we have a visitor."

Uchia caught a kuni then used it to deflect several more all while sipping from his tea, "It would seem so, and a very familiar tactic as well." Suddenly one kuni pierced the bottom of his cup spilling the rest of his tea, "He also owes me a cup of jasmine tea..." He said coldly as he smashed the rest of the cup in his hoof.

"She will be impressed by our new knowledge, well it seems I must be off, Goodday my Lord." Laxus said bowing slightly then heading out after Nara. 

"It will be done..." Uchia said briefly before his entire body was sucked in his left eye making him vanish.

Kage watched from a branch, "I need to go up another level, perhaps a-" his ear twitched and he leaped up back flipping to stand up side down under a branch above where he was. Several shurikens struck the spot where he last was, "Fire Style Pheonix Flare Justu!" The voice rang out before a barrage of fire balls came from the trees behind him, Kage threw his kuni to a tree of its path then flickered away before the flaming attack hit him. Uchia came from above slashing with his sickle and chain, Kage took his kuni and parried with him, the two shared a moment of bleak hatred before they pushed apart.

"Its been awhile Uchia, odd to see you here of all places." Kage said pulling out another kuni, Uchia chuckled, "I am opposite of where ever you are, Old Friend, now see my progress." Uchia put his hooves together, "Fire Style Fireball Jutsu!" He blew out a giant ball of fire towards Kage destroying anything in its path. Kage leaped back throwing one kuni out of the fireballs path, he flickered to it dodging the attack, he picked it up and threw the other at Uchia who moved his head to the side letting it miss him but Kage smiled slightly before he flickered right behind Uchia striking with his other kuni and grabbing the one he had thrown all in mid air. The attack sliced Uchia in half but his body turned to smoke as a slashed log fell to the ground. Kage landed on the branch then spun around crossing his kuni and blocking Uchias sickle as he came from behind him, the two the leaped from tree to tree clashing blades.

Silent turned back to his tent and began to strap his armor on. He was confident in Uchia, but you can never be too careful. He knew that they both underestimate what power he himself possessed.

The two seperated and landed on two different trees, Kage was panting but Uchia seemed tireless. Kage knew he couldnt stay any longer but if he could end Uchia now the war would be more in their favor, he held out his hoof and focused his energy, soon a swirling ball of blue energy form getting to the size of a soccer ball. Uchia let down his hoof focusing his own energy into a crackling black lightning. The two suddenly sped off backwards landing on the ground putting distance between them, they each slid to a halt then pushed off simultaneously rocketing towards eachother. "Wind Style Rasengan!" "Lightning Style Chidori!" The two attacks collided creating a massive explosion that leveled a two mile wide circle of the forest next to the port. Uchia stood in the center alone, the sleeve on his left hoof was gone with a crack in his mask, "It seems I am not the only one who has progressed in the last 3 years. Lessoned learned, but it will not be the same next time, Kage." He said coldly before swirling away into his right eye and vanishing. At the edge of the large clearing, Kage sat in meditation, he opened his soft blue eyes and stood up stretching. "Well that was tireing, he sure has gotten stronger since out last bout, I'll need to fight him more seriously next time."

((Flash back to before the intial attack))

Kage put his hooves together summoning a clone of himself infront of him, "Alright, are clear on the plan?" He asked it, the clone nodded, "I will attack the camp and face any resistance, while you are meditating your energy to me to make it appear as though I am the reall Kage." The clone recited with a nod.

(( back to present))

Kage cracked his neck, "Not bad of a strategy, though I think Im done for today, I'll report my findings and then return to slow them down." He yawned and turned around.

Radz sat in meditation, she could sense Kage's and Uchia's power "it seems I may have to step in after all..." She that as she paid more attention to Silent's power level "he can prove to be quite the nuisance, with an army behind his back, even more so." She thought for a moment and stood up "it seems it will be unavoidable, I must intervene soon."

"Yes, he and I were born in the same village, we used to be like brothers. But as we got older I began to see the world differently and we had a falling out, ended up destroying the entire village in our last fight 17 years ago. The fight was a tie just like this, but next time he will die by my hoof." Uchia said nonchalantly like he was having a normal conversation.

The next morning Kane stood on his balcony watching the sun come up. Autumn slowly woke up and stretched her legs before joining him. "Any luck?" Kane asked, although he didn't get his hopes up, for the answer had been the same for months now. Autumn sighed and shook her head. "I think it's time we stopped trying, Kane." She said with a sad tone, leaning into Kane. "I think we should start considering other ways to find an heir."

In the Elemental Castle, Ash had taken some time off from training to help Snow and Arial watch their new foals. She was in the main room playing with Snow's daughter, whom Snow had named Violet.

Arial nuzzled her little foal, the small colt resembled Bolt but had Arials dark blue hair, "My little Mystogan...."

Kage appeared in a flicker of movement balancing effortlessly on the balcony railing, "Apologies for imposing Sire, I bring news from the coast. I made contact in attempt to slow them down, but their forces are far greater than we first scouted, shall I make another attempt?"

Snow smiled at Violet enjoying having Ash play with her. "I guess we don't have to worry about foalsitters. Ash is such a sweet young mare. She gets it from her mother." She said with a smile, knowing Cadence had raised Ash right.

Kane thought for a moment. "Do you know which way they are headed?"

"I have a strange feeling he has other plans. We must be prepared for anything." Kane said, stroking Autumn's mane.

Silent stood on a large hill looking down on the Crystal Empire. "The Crystal Empire....such a beautiful city. Too bad I must burn it."

Radz barged into the room. "He's at the Crystal Empire. He plans to raze the city to the ground." She said walking up to Kane "I would advice sending aid."

Kane nodded. "Kage, to the Empire as fast as possible. Go to the Elemental Castle and see if any will go with you." He looked to Radz. "You in the mood to fight?"

The Crystal Legion stood in phalanx formation, creating a massive wall of heavily armored soldiers armed with wall like shields and long spears. Inside the city by the Heart, the most powerful warrior in the Empire stood before the city's sacred relic. "Welcome back, old friend." Blade said, touching the heart and drawing power from it.

"Move forward. Show no mercy....and beware the Guardian." Silent ordered.

Radz shook her head "if you send me, it's me alone. My power is far too great, I might hurt others if accompanied. Though I cannot fight the battle myself, I can only thin out the enemy enough for it to be a fair fight. The Crystal Empire's fate is not up to me, in the end...You or they must handle it. I am only here to keep balance in power. Yes I can end the war tomorrow...but again, I can only change fate if it's necessary." she explained in her usual calm tone .

Kage nodded before his body flickered and he was gone.

Arial looked at Kage judgingly before nodding to Laxus and Nara, "You two will be enough, and please be careful." She said to them warmly, "Bring them back or dont come back at all." She added harshly to Kage, Laxus and Nara grew wide eyed in fear at her supriseingly scaring face. Kave dipped his head and touched Laxus and Nara, all three of them flickered out of existence.

"Wait!" Ash shouted, but was unable to get there before they teleported. She desperately turned and looked to Arial. "I have to go with them! My parents are in danger."

Explosions rang out across the empire as Silent's army rained down on the city. The legion clashed with the barbaric horde as the phalanx held their position fairly well, but it was difficult to hold them off.

Blade casually walked through the streets to the battlefield as explosions rang out around him.