Night of the Comet (open/all)

Boss_Hoss1

Shanna giggled and hugged the stallion [colour=#008080]"Yes! Thank you!"[/colour], leaving her brother to stare in stunned shock from the shadows. Hoss shook his head and thought *What strange hold did these stallions have on mares? *

She let go and tugged on his hoof.[colour=#008080] "We have about a half-hour before we must head to the Mesa! Where shall we go Flam?"[/colour]

Inside Madam Bistro's, Lightning Horn Mooed excitedly, and took the first portions of each treat "Oh wow! This is just amazing!"

He took a bite of one of the apple tarts, then gobbled the rest of the tart down, then tried the slice of apple strudel.

"YUM! Thank you all so much!"

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[colour=#0000FF]"I agree, Lightning Horn!" [/colour]ThunderClap mooed as he devowered his plate of apple treats. [colour=#0000FF]"So delicious!"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Thank ya, youngin's!" [/colour]Granny Smith neighed, [colour=#00FF00]"Glad you feller's like'm!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"I am very pleased as vell!" [/colour]Uncle Apple Strudel added. [colour=#006400]"I have never served mein strudel to buffalo before. But den again, vee have no buffalo in Germaney."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"I'll go next," [/colour]Louise LaMare said as she went into the serving line ahead of the others.

[colour=#8B4513]"Ladies first, y'know," [/colour]added Sheriff Silverstar.

[colour=#696969]"As it should be," [/colour]Doc Holly Day said.

Meanwhile, outside, when Shanna hugged Flam, the mustached unicorn's bow tie instantly spun like a propeller before coming to an awkward stop. Flam had no idea Shanna would react THIS way to his flirting.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Well Miss Shanna," [/colour]the lanky unicorn brother said nervously, [colour=#FF8C00]"I did see a salt bar open in this town, I think they call it, the Salt Block? Perhaps I could buy you a drink or two there and we could discuss our, plans, for the rest of the evening."[/colour]

Shanna giggled and rapidly trotted in place with a poinging sound.[colour=#008080] "Oh! That sounds awesome! Lets go, you handsome unicorn you!"[/colour]

The pegasus giggled and grabbed one of his hooves and started pulling him along.

Hoss paled and looked from Flim to Flam and his sister. Somepony had to keep an eye on the shady business, but one of these slickers was giving his sister a whole other "business"!

Frantic, the pony flew into the Bistro and whispered to the group[colour=#0000cd] "My sis is going to the Salt Block -With Flam! Somepony has to watch Flim but I cant leave my sis alone with that shady character! I dont know what to do!"[/colour]

Meanwhile, seeing the filly's brother leave the shadows where he was hidden, Flim grinned [colour=#ff8c00]"His plan worked like a charm! I didnt even see that brother there. I'd better sell while the selling is good!" [/colour]

Flim waved at the growing crowd of townsponies[colour=#ff8c00] "Gather one! Gather All! Come and see the wonders of the comet. Only 2 bits for your very own telescope!"[/colour]

The sandy colored unicorn laughed as he was mobbed with customers...

When Louise, Sheriff Silverstar, Granny Smith, Uncle Apple Strudel and Doc Holly Day heard Hoss's words informing them of where Flam and Shanna were going, all five ponies did instant 'spit-takes'.

[colour=#8B4513]"What in tarnation?" [/colour]the mustached lawpony shouted.

[colour=#00FF00]"I don't believe it!" [/colour]added Granny Smith

[colour=#006400]"ACK! UNEEMAL!" [/colour]the elderly bearded stallion yelled.

[colour=#696969]"I wouldn't trust that scalliwag as fer as I could sling'm with one hoof!" [/colour]the red maned unicorn neighed.

[colour=#FF0000]"We have to do something about this," [/colour]Louise said with determination. [colour=#FF0000]"Don't worry, we'll think of a way to.... I GOT IT! Who says Flam and Shanna have to be the ONLY couple going out on the town tonight? Hoss, why don't you and I go out together?"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"WHAT THE HAY???" [/colour]Sheriff Silverstar roared.

[colour=#FF0000]"No no no, dear. I meant that Hoss and I should PRETEND to go on a date together. We could wear disguises, go to the Salt Block and then you'll have a front row seat to watch out for her. I have a disguise kit up in my room, what do ya say, Hoss?"[/colour]

Meanwhile, Flam was giddy, walking with Shanna towards the swinging door entrance of the Salt Block.

[colour=#FF8C00]"After you, my dear sweet filly," [/colour]Flam said with a polite bow as he waited for her to go in first.

(OOC: I'm going to tweak the timeline a little bit since this RP is our longest running here.)

Lightning Horn mooed in confusion. "I thought little pegasus mare did not like these two unicorns, Like little unicorn stallion did not like them?"

Hoss looked even more forelorn [colour=#0000cd]"S-she does! or did!.. I guess their fast talking works just as good trying to sell themselves to a mare as when they sell their stuff. Think they got some kinda magic boosting their charm? She's not one to fall for that stuff from a real bad boy."[/colour]

Just then, Louise made the offer, making him gasp, and look from her to the sherrif and back [colour=#0000cd]"Um, in disguise? T-that could work.. I just got a special somepony myself, I hate to think how she would take this if she heard about this before you explained. She's got a gig in Las Pegasus tonight so I guess this would be all right, if its okay with the sherrif. I really dont trust that horned snake with my sis."[/colour]

he looked around [colour=#0000cd]"This still leaves keeping an eye on Flim for the next half hour, though, any volenteers? [/colour]

Meanwhile, at the Salt Block...

Shanna blushed cutely and smiled radiantly as she went into the saloon ahead of the stallion, past the dozing form of Pickaxe Pete. [colour=#008080]"You are such a smooth stallion, my dear Flam."[/colour]

• 3 weeks later...

All of the gathered ponies look at each other when Hoss asked for volunteers.

[colour=#8B4513]"Well sir, I already got caught a-spyin', so Flam'd be on the lookout fer me," [/colour]Sheriff Silverstar confessed.

[colour=#696969]"Reckon that rules me out too," [/colour]added Doc Holly Day.

[colour=#006400]"Me und Granny are too old for dis sort of vork," [/colour]Uncle Apple Strudel said.

[colour=#00FF00]"OLD? Speak fer yurself, brother!" [/colour]Granny Smith protested.

[colour=#FF0000]"That just leaves me, Hoss and our buffalo friends," [/colour]Louise LaMare said in a hushed tone. [colour=#FF0000]"Hoss, how would YOU like to go out on a date with me?"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"What in tarnation!" [/colour]the mustached lawpony shouted.

[colour=#FF0000]"No no Sheriff, you don't understand. I meant, Hoss and I would PRETEND to go out on a date, in disguise at the Salt Block so we can keep an eye on Flam and Shanna."[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"OH! I git it now, that's some smart thinkin' thar."[/colour]

[colour=#0000FF]"Lightning Horn and I could observe from the outside through the windows," [/colour]ThunderClap said. [colour=#0000FF]"We buffalo know how to stay hidden from view when the need arises."[/colour]

Meanwhile, the excited Flam opened a swinging door for Shanna.

[colour=#FF8C00]"After you, my lovely filly," [/colour]the lanky unicorn stallion said with a huge grin, casually observing Shanna's form as she passed by him.

• 1 month later...

(OOC: the question of a pretend date was already brought up in a previous post, the time adjustment asked was for allowing Jubilee to know Hoss already in-game ;)

Hoss felt a forboding of disaster.[colour=#0000ff] "I'll do it just to keep my sis safe, but if Luna forbid, Jubilee somehow appears as my luck tend to do, i want all of you to swear now that you will talk to her about the truth!"[/colour]

Madam Bistro and Thorn look at each other, then nod [colour=#800000]"We will" [/colour]

Meanwhile Lightning Horn bows "I swear on my ancestors. Also, we will also watch the brother Flim as you ask."

The stallion looks at the others in the room.[colour=#0000ff] "Um, should I be in western disguise, or just try to brazen it out?"[/colour]

Meanwhile, Shanna giggled happily as Flam was behaving quite gentlemanly to her

• 2 months later...

(ooc): Whoa! I've really been sleeping on this RP, my apologies

[colour=#FF0000]"It's a deal," [/colour]Louise LaMare shouted. [colour=#FF0000]"Besides, you and I will wear disguises, Hoss. Don't worry, this will work!"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"I always git worried when she says that," [/colour]added Sheriff Silverstar.

[colour=#0000FF]"Do not fear, friends," [/colour]Thunderclap said. [colour=#0000FF]"Lightning Horn and I will watch over them. We buffalo are quite expert in moving about without being seen.[/colour]

[colour=#696969]"Reckon I could help with makin' yur disguises.," [/colour]Doc Holly Day said.

[colour=#00FF00]"I could lend a hoof too!" [/colour]added Granny Smith.

[colour=#006400]"Und I vill help of course!" [/colour]Apple Strudel said.

[colour=#FF0000]"Alright then, back to the Bistro to get ready, we haven't a moment to lose!" [/colour]Louise neighed. Meanwhile, Flam was so excited to be with Shanna, but now he was starting to get nervous and jittery.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Miss Shanna, could I offer to buy you a drink, or maybe, a salt block?"[/colour]

Flim was doing brisk business selling telescopes as long as the supply he and Flam made hold out.

Nervously, he kept craning his head to see where his brother was off to, heading toward some saloon with that Pegasus dame.[colour=#ff8c00] "I really hope you come back soon, dear brother. I dont think I can make more telescopes without you..."[/colour]

Since his attention was on his brother, he missed seeing Lightning Horn sneak out and hide behind a wooden trash barrel nearby.

Meanwhile, in the bistro, Hoss looked at the others [colour=#000080]"All right, how do we go about disguising me? a Stetson and serape cape like in your novels? Coal dust or chalk on my hide?[/colour]

Madam Bistro smiled at the group. [colour=#800000]"The contents of my Make up kit and my expertise are at your disposal, you two."[/colour]

And, over in the saloon...

Shanna stifled a giggle at the jittery fidgiting of the dapper unicorn, [colour=#008080]"Maybe a drink, Dear Flam. I've never had a salt block before and I dont know how it would affect me..." [/colour]

Louise LaMare smiled as Hoss mentioned characters from her novels.

[colour=#FF0000]"Yes Hoss, that would be perfect, and perhaps a big mustache," [/colour]the brown Pegasus mare said before glancing back at the Sheriff and Doc Holly Day. [colour=#FF0000]"Maybe one of you gentlecolts would be willing to part with yours for the cause?"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"WHAT IN TARNATION?" [/colour]yelled the Sheriff.

[colour=#696969]"Now see here, Miss LaMare!" [/colour]the unicorn doctor said sternly.

[colour=#FF0000]"I'm only joking, guys! There's plenty of fake mustaches in Bistro's makeup kit!" [/colour]Louise laughed as Granny Smith and Apple Strudel approached her.

[colour=#00FF00]"Time ta git ya all disguised too, little lady!" [/colour]the elderly mare shouted. [colour=#00FF00]"You kin barry one of my dresses I brung with me from home!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Javol! Dat vill vork!" [/colour]added her bearded stallion brother.

[colour=#0000FF]"Wonderful!" [/colour]ThunderClap mooed. [colour=#0000FF]"Lightning Horn and I will move into position now. Come along, I see several bushes near that building where we can hide out.[/colour]

Meanwhile back in the saloon, Flam quickly ordered Shanna the drink she requested.

[colour=#FF8C00]"Y'know Shanna, you and I aren't so different," [/colour]the lanky unicorn began to say in a very smooth voice. [colour=#FF8C00]"Sure, I'm a unicorn and you're a Pegasus, but my brother and I will be successful someday. And it would be nice to share that success with, a very special somepony...."[/colour]