Dart Struck (Interest Check)

Even though valentines day is passed, I'd like to do a Hearts and Hooves day inspired rp.

Something along the lines of love potioned tipped magic darts and unsuspecting vic*cough* I mean fellows :P. Sort of like cupid and his arrows.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehe, this sounds like it might be pretty funny. I have an alchemist called Lightout who would be able to mix up the potion quite easily.

I also have Glimmer, who I always love to roleplay. 

Hehe, this sounds like it might be pretty funny. I have an alchemist called Lightout who would be able to mix up the potion quite easily.

I also have Glimmer, who I always love to roleplay. 

I have a griffon named Glimmer :o

Seeing as we have shown interest :) I'm gonna expand a little bit.

I'm thinking what Hearts and Hooves day needs is a little mischevious little filly/griffon trying to help the silly adults into romance. And what better way then to play the part of cupid and his magic arrows.

Only arrows are hard to get, and easy to see, so instead some love potioned tipped darts will do. Easy to make, easy to use and relatively hard to spot hehehehehe.

The darts have two effects when you are struck. One: A slight bite to them. After all it is a dart, you may feel a pinch or so. Certainly nothing can go wrong if someone feels a pinch in the wrong moment right? Second effect: The potion generally takes effect immediately or a few seconds after striking, and the first mare/stallion you see is usually the one you fall for if that is your interest.

As for how long the dart lasts? Well it is suppose to last a few hours, but due to the limited amount that is entering your system a good smack on the head can usually snap you out of your love trance.

Any questions?

I have a griffon named Glimmer :-o

Yeah I was made aware there was another character called Glimmer. I'm sure it won't cause an issue though, it's quite easy to tell two characters apart in writing even if they have the same name.

Anyway, yes, questions. Firstly, do the darts make you fall in love with whoever you glance at even if you don't like them or know them? Second, how deep is the desire. Is it just so that they're loved or that there's an overwhelming desire leading to near fearlessness? Thirdly, what's the hook?

Okay, I'm assuming hook is setting and what gets the rp going?

So a town, I'm assuming it will either be canterlot or ponyville though I am open for other suggestions if anyone has any particular town they want to rp in for a change besides the usual, is in the middle of its hearts and hooves day fair. There's gift stores, candy stops, and hug and kiss booths open all about. All of this revealed leads up to the Hearts and Hooves gala, a semi formal dance/party/parade that ends with a vibrant fire work show. Naturally its time to grab a date, and let your heart take flight.

The darts affect you just as the love potion affects the struck just like the potion from the episode did if that is agreeable, so even worse enemies can end up in humorous romance; it works in the cartoons after all :P as to the level of desire I think for some fun let's make it pepe le pew sort of level.

Alright fair enough. For setting then that'll be fine, I can easily make that work for both my characters. I reckon I'll go for Lightout, he can be organising the fireworks display, and that'll be funnier methinks seeing as how he's not interested in romance whatsoever, hehe. 

As for effects then hmm, if it works like the potion in the show then the effects won't wear off, I take it they wear off after Hearts and Hooves day or whatever? Still, the comical effects should be pretty fun.

I would love to put a character of mine into this if it's not too late! I think it would be great to have good old Pony Joe take part :)

Oh, and @hawkeye and everyone else too... perhaps my filly TaaDa can be an accomplice to the dart shooting? She is known to get up to mischief and I would love to get her interacting with other characters.

I would love to put a character of mine into this if it's not too late! I think it would be great to have good old Pony Joe take part :)

If I'm too late, no worries... just let me know.

Not too late, we still in the planning session, be cool to see who ends up with the doughnut spy :P

Well it is a small amount, so yes the potion can wear off after the holiday.

As for mischief, I've got a character ready though she is always looking for fellow warriors of love :razz:

Okie dokie lokie.

Yeah we should only have one pony that is actually doing the mischief, else we might be short of matches. 

I'll handle the Darting part, and all other characters can be mares and stallions looking for love :P or trying hard to avoid it with no success hehehehehe.

I think we got a good start for this rp, if you can handle it feel free to use a second character if you want.

I'll make the opening post here in a bit.

Archived