(Canterlot) Everything is Awesome! (Open to fillies and colts)

Lux

Watermelon could barely contain herself as she bounced down the cobblestone streets of Canterlot. Even though the filly visited the city before while helping her parents sell their produce in the market, today was the first time that she got to go by herself! 

"Take me down to the Canterlot city where the grass is green and the ponies are pretty! Oh won't you please take me there!" the filly belted out as she stopped in the one square, staring at the bustling activity around her with wonder. There was so much to see and do and Watermelon wanted to try it all, well at least until the sun began to set and she needed to return home to Solstice Heights. But before she could do anything there was one thing first on her mind. 

"Alrighty, Awesome City Fun task number one: find a new friend to have fun with! Now where do I find friends? Maybe there's a store for that?"

• 1 month later...

((Hello! May I join with Mud Pie? :D ))

Mud Pie trotted along, leaving a trail of muddy hoofprints behind him and drawing many disdainful stares with his mud-caked coat. The messy colt took no notice of this, though - he was too caught up in the excitement of this big city. His family was visiting some relatives here in Canterlot, and he had a lot to explore! He fluttered his wings a bit, accidentally splattering anypony near him with mud, and looked around. There was a variety of eye-catching stores, most of which Mud Pie certainly wouldn't be allowed in, and there were ponies everywhere. Mud Pie glanced over the crowd around him - he had already been shooed out of three different stores, so he figured that he may as well try to find a new friend out here if he couldn't go inside any of the buildings. He flew up and stood on a low-floating cloud to get a better view. Leaning over the cloud's edge to survey the crowd, he suddenly lost his balance and tumbled over; luckily, he managed to stabilize himself before crashing into the ground, making a landing right in front of a nice-looking filly. Mud Pie blinked, then gave a warm smile and waved at the filly.

Sure you can join!

Finding a new friend was harder than Watermelon Gush thought as she looked around the area. It wasn't that meeting ponies was hard for her, but there just weren't any fillies or colts to be seen! She was about to wonder if this was a bad idea when suddenly a colt literally fell from the sky, almost on her if he didn't correct himself in mid air and landed in front of her. He was a curious looking Pegasus caked in mud like he just ran through a recently plowed field after a rain storm. Why the pony didn't wash off the mud was only something she could guess, but now she found a pony.

"Oh hi there!" she said to the pony giving him a hug, "I thought I wouldn't ever meet a pony my age here, at least not today. I'm Watermelon Gush, what's your name?" 

The filly came away from the hug with fresh smears of mud on her coat. Mud Pie grinned and chuckled a little before answering her.

"Mud Pie." he said briskly. "Nice to meet you."

Mud Pie was not entirely sure what to say next - he was never a very talkative colt, but it's easier to make new friends if you talk to them. He pondered it for a moment, then spoke.

"Where are you from?" he asked softly. 

"Nice to meet you too," Watermelon said as she shook off the mud from her coat. 

She waited for him to say something but to her interest she was quiet. Maybe he was shy or it took time for him to talk. 

"Well, I'm from Solstice Heights," Watermelon said pointing a hoof towards where she came from, "It's not far from here, just a short gallop from here. It's a nice place but not as fun as being here! What about you? Where do you come from?" 

Mud Pie gave a slight nod to her reply, then spoke again.

"Trottingham." he said. "My family is visiting here."

He looked around and thought for a moment.

"I can't do much here." he said gesturing to his mud-splattered coat. "Want to go find somewhere to play or something?"

Trottingham, that sounded like a nice place to be, maybe just as nice as Solstice Heights. She never visited there, so she had no idea where it was compared to where she lived or Canterlot. The colt explained that he didn't feel like he could have much fun in Canterlot and stared at his muddy coat. 

"What's wrong with the way you look? I mean you're a little muddy, but most of the time so am I. My parents are fruit farmers and so am I, so playing in the dirt is actually is as natural to me as waking up in the morning. Today my parents though insisted I be clean before coming here. Something about acting like a lady. Not sure what not being muddy has to do with being a lady. Guess here they don't like muddy ponies. Anyway, what do you have in mind? I'd say a park, but I'm not sure if even there they'd allow ponies to get muddy."

Archived