Sepulchers and New Paths (Closed)

Ciraxis

rwkxmf.jpg

Fire Walker could only smile as her stallion launched into another story. "It's funny in a way. When I was a little filly, my parents used to take me to the 'Explorers Society' in Canterlot. It's this bar-restaurant-museum that had originally been an 'members only' affair until a few decades ago, when its members started to get a little tired telling the same stories to each other. My father's mentor, the merry old 'Colonel Critchlow' who had been both an retired R.E.A officer and a adventurer would always be there. I'd catch him sitting on his overstuffed cushion while holding an big tankard of ale. And he'd go on and on about some grand adventure he went on, what horrid villain he outsmarted, or what priceless artifact he found. You kind of remind me of him. Handsome fella...Larger than life....Full of stories.", she sighed. "One of the proudest moments in my life, when the boys and I found the one artifact he could not find. The right eye of 'King Kungaloosh! He had found the other many years ago. Wish the old goat could have seen us. He would have been proud, even more so as I promised I would find it, way back then."

She chuckled as she found a few more places that were just 'right'. "Come on, you know I always keep my promises. Kept them with the Colonel, and I'll keep them with you.. Oh, a spot right under your navel.", she gave him a few more 'incentives' to stay healthy. "So, what do you want to do after this? Probably can't do too much.", the stallion managed to get a very good look at her cutie mark as she spoke. "Whatever you wanna do, I'm all yours.

Ha!"

She finally noticed the cute little magic hearts as they floated past her snout.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stallions ears perked up when he heard about the adventurers organization.

" 'Explorers Society'? Yes I heard about it. Never was interested in joining however. I was more occupied  in the jobs, especially the ones from 'The Guild' " said the stallion, mentioning Equestria  famous, mercenary associating organization.

"When the season for the contracts was dry I looked for the work elsewhere. When I was in Kastrot they tried to make me official military instructor...." unicorn grimaced at the mention of the place "...when I dealt with Wild Crunch Gang the buffalo that hired me tried to make me their new chieftain, after caught of the Bluebeard I got proposition of becoming official pirate hunter on the Southern Seas. In Manephis the then ruling sultan wanted to make me captain of Self Defense Force...." noblepony paused to catch the breath. "In sort I used to get proposition of joining some group, or even wielding it's reins. I finally relented in Unyasi and...well, you know that part already." Swift finished, little unhappy that conversation always seemed to shift to this uneasy topic.

On 16.07.2015 at 9:54 PM, Tacobob said:

Fire Walker could only smile as her stallion launched into another story. " My father's mentor, the merry old 'Colonel Critchlow' who had been both an retired R.E.A officer and a adventurer would always be there. I'd catch him sitting on his overstuffed cushion while holding an big tankard of ale. And he'd go on and on about some grand adventure he went on, what horrid villain he outsmarted, or what priceless artifact he found. You kind of remind me of him. Handsome fella...Larger than life....Full of stories.", she sighed. "One of the proudest moments in my life, when the boys and I found the one artifact he could not find. The right eye of 'King Kungaloosh! He had found the other many years ago. Wish the old goat could have seen us. He would have been proud, even more so as I promised I would find it, way back then."

"Critchow? I heard of him." while picking up the papers. "You may be surprised by he probably spoke the truth. I tales of what he did to do in some places I visited - not always naming the particular pony, but chronologically close enough that it could be him. Sometimes I used to get the feeling that I was following hoofsteps of this particular pony." Squall said before placing the papers back on the desk.

"But there is a difference between ol' Critchow and I you know. He was a REA soldier that happened to live in time of calm, unlike us. Yes, he surely followed his duty to the letter but his escapades were nothing  more then means of relieving boredom and gaining glory in those event-less years. I never thought in such categories." he turned around to look at his most important mare.

"For me I always came to two questions. 'Is this the right thing to do?' and 'How many bits I will get from this?' " Squall shook his head sadly.

"I did the same things like him, find and bring ancient 'artifact' kick down the 'evil-doer' , but all of this was for the warm meal. Don't get me wrong, I may swim in money now, but back then  even with my mothers financial help it was harsh life to follow. No small part because of me, as every so often the correct answer for first question meant that one for the second meant 'zero'. " unicorn finally slowed himself an another smile. "But it was always totally worth it."

"One of the proudest moments in my life, when the boys and I found the one artifact he could not find. The right eye of 'King Kungaloosh! He had found the other many years ago. Wish the old goat could have seen us. He would have been proud, even more so as I promised I would find it, way back then."

"And you rightfully proud of yourself Moto." swordpony said, kissing her temple. "From you words I see he is no longer with us. Shame. But you made your promise and that's what matters right? So where the eye is right now? I would like to make a glance at you finding when it would be possible."

She chuckled as she found a few more places that were just 'right'. "Come on, you know I always keep my promises. Kept them with the Colonel, and I'll keep them with you.. Oh, a spot right under your navel.", she gave him a few more 'incentives' to stay healthy. "So, what do you want to do after this? Probably can't do too much.", the stallion managed to get a very good look at her cutie mark as she spoke. "Whatever you wanna do, I'm all yours.

Ha!"

She finally noticed the cute little magic hearts as they floated past her snout.

"You gamey, naughty mare. Don't think I wouldn't use this invitation. C'mere." he said, opening his hooves to embrace her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After a few busy hours, the two fonded themselves filled that kind of happy weariness that can come only from the loving couple. The room got even darker, which despite the pulled curtains could only mean it was already middle of the night. Fire's lovely and soft form was laying, relaxed on the couch - which elasticity and durability was zealously tested by the two. Squall, now sitting next to the desk glanced at her sleeping face, on which was still plastered the blissful smile. As such it didn't miss his notice when the pair of red eyes finally opened.

"Slept well beloved? Feel freed to continue, you make one wonderful sight. At such moments I wish there would be a painter at hoof, that could capture how beautiful you are after..." stallion stopped, smiling even wider. "Or maybe you rather show me how pretty you are when busying yourself with this." Squall gestured at the table, now placed next to couch. On it was placed plates filled with salty and sweet snacks, as well as huge platter filled with ripe and juicy fruits. And in case she was thirsty there was many beverages for her to choose from. From sweet nectar, to warm tea.

rwkxmf.jpg

“From what I’ve been told, the ‘club’ was not really a serious thing. Just a bunch of old guys who liked to drink and talk about themselves. I’m sure they would have been just as happy to do it in an old ‘hole-in-the-wall’ type bar, however they were generally rather wealthy ponies, so they did it in style. Surrounded by relics they had recovered and photos of friends no longer with them.”, the red mare couldn’t help but smile as ‘pirates’ were mentioned. “You ever run into Captain Hookbeak? The boys and I ran into him along with his ‘Red Talon’ crew during a trip to the Unyasi. Tried to pillage a ship we were on, and ended up swiping something very valuable to our mission, so we had to track his gang down and get our thing back.", she was slightly proud of herself considering she was able to talk about sky-pirates and not slip into a horrible 'pirate' accent.

"And it was Critchow that inspired me to become an 'adventurer', which probably could have started off better..", she sighed, "Ended up working as a bodyguard for a bit, but I guess it did help lead to bigger things. And it was never about the money, but the experience.", her smile vanished for a moment as her stallion asked about the good Colonel. "Oh yes, he's been gone for many years now. He was getting on in age when I was a filly, and considering how much he used to drink and there was they pipe of his..I'm surprised he lived as long as he did."

Her frown, thankfully was only on her face for a moment as obviously remembered something. "His cheeks and snout were always flushed red, so much so you could see it through his coat. I asked my father why he was that way...And dad said he was just always happy."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hmmmph? Painter? Huh?", she slowly rubbed her eyes, "You even think about pulling out a camera, I will slap you so....ooh.", she noticed the snacks and scooped up a cup of hot tea which she slowly sipped. She noted that Swift's couch would probably require a bit of reupholstery after their little romp. But that was life.

"Hmmmph? Painter? Huh?", she slowly rubbed her eyes, "You even think about pulling out a camera, I will slap you so....ooh.", she noticed the snacks and scooped up a cup of hot tea which she slowly sipped. She noted that Swift's couch would probably require a bit of reupholstery after their little romp. But that was life.

"Not sleepy anymore I see." Swift said with that warm baritone of his. "And maaaaaybe I did pulled camera, while somepony was cute and va-va-voom while sleeping, maybe I did. But don't worry, any pictures are for our pleasure only." he assured, with that so rare mischievous smile of his. However his expression quickly turned serious. On the table, next to the food and drinks landed a whole bunch of documents.

"There are some important things we must discuss first. And most of those come with relevance to my will. Now, this will be a bureaucratic nightmare when I will be 'alive' again, but let's discuss my testament as it is now." he explained. Seemingly out of nowhere unicorn pulled out a pair of reading glasses.

"Let's keep it short and practical. First you have a full access to my mansion if you want to. Both official and 'unofficial' parts of it." stallion said, as he laid down the copy of the key he used to open passage to the secret cave.

"Also I made sure to write the pretty nice amount of bits for your use. Oh don't give me that kind of look. That's normal thing to do. I know what you thinking but it's all a necessary part of the ruse." he explained before returning to the papers.

"There are also bajilion of other things. I left other sums for Dunder, Na...ehem Spring Breeze. Some property that I intended as a gifts for friends anyway, like spooky for Foxglove. Oh and I almost forgot, a house in Las Pegasus for you." Swift muttered like if it was no big thing.

rwkxmf.jpg

Fire Walker could not imagine how ‘cute’ she appeared while asleep. Probably curled into a ball with her mouth open with the fuzz on her face covered with dried drool. Not a pretty picture. After she snatched up a napkin and made herself a bit more presentable, she listened to her stallion while she munched on an apple slice. The mare did give him a ‘look’ when he mentioned the bits. While her family had lived in an rather impressive old manor for many generations, they for the most part lived a very middle-classed sort of life, and Fire Walker herself held onto her bits almost as tight as a griffon, but only when it came to herself. She was rather generous when it came to others, and even did jobs for others while never asking for a coin once it was finished.

“A home in Las Pegasus?”, she wasn’t sure what she would do with such a thing, but she could imagine letting her parents stay there once or twice a year. Her folks had planned to retire there, but then the Changelings attack in Ponyville had postponed that. And instead they moved to Ponyville with Wind Walker. Her ears perked up as the stallion stuttered when he spoke. ‘Na...ehem’? While she wanted to ask about that, another name caught her attention. "Foxglove? As is in the writer? You know her?" While she never considered herself a fan of the horror genre , her little sister Wind was rather fond of the well known writer's gothic tales, although there were a few books she was not quite ready to read yet.

"I just hope you're able to maintain your holdings while you're 'away' as nothing brings out the obscure relative like a death.", she chuckled, "You'll have forth cousins removed trying to claim everything, including the pennies from your eyes."

• 2 weeks later...

"One of my homes in Las Pegasus. It pays to have grandfather in real estate businesses." said the unicorn. "And while we on it, to get into hidden armory in it, turn the chandelier three times clockwise, two counter clockwise, another four in opposite direction again and final turn General Diamondwing painting upside down." he added almost nonchalantly.

Squall slip of tongue almost betrayed a secret that he was trusted with keeping. While Naj - or 'Spring Breeze' as he liked to also call her - was a changeling, she was one of the exclusive channellings he didn't consider a threat to Equestria. Opposite in fact. While the revelation to what species she truly belonged was not willing from her part, the teamwork the were forced to pull while dealing with nefarious (although he himself wouldn't call himself that) Mr. Glass formed a bond. A bond - which to Squall's own surprise - could be that of the friendship. Probably that was the reason why Swift didn't needed much convincing when he visited Ponyville to confirm truthfulnesses of female changeling words. He kept a eye on her from afar even since - just in case she needed to end his hoof..

And now he probably gave that secret away. Swift really wasn't looking towards explaining all of this.

Which thankful was averted with the mention of the Foxglove...which was kind of ironic since she was another of nobelpony companions during the same event.

"Why yes, I know Foxglove indeed. It was quite...surprising to find out from where the material for her books come from. Because you see, it's not just her head, but also an extensive amount of...field research" Squall said, as he recalled something.

Unicorn walked towards the bookshelf and pulled one of the tomes from it. It looked very old..and in some sense eldritch. The metal fittings that adorned it were covered with arcane symbols, the marks so ancient that preceded the ponykind itself.

"This book, she needs to have it. I didn't really mention it in my will, as I rather not have certain...others know that I possessed it. You one of the few that I can trust with it Moto. It needs to pass into Foxglove hooves. She will know what to do with it." Swift instructed with a serious voice.

On 31.07.2015 at 8:06 AM, Tacobob said:

"I just hope you're able to maintain your holdings while you're 'away' as nothing brings out the obscure relative like a death.", she chuckled, "You'll have forth cousins removed trying to claim everything, including the pennies from your eyes."

"Oh believe me, everything is already taken car of." swordpony said, when Fire expressed concern about his fortune.

"Mom, dad and grandfather are still alive so it isn't an issue. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise by the testament, everything would go to them. There is also my cousin....but I doubt that she would like to have anything to do with it." stallion explained. Scarlet mare may notice that his expression turned a little sour and sad when he mentioned that cousin of his however.

• 2 weeks later...
xbzhv8.jpg

The red mare chuckled as the stallion went into details about his super secret armory under his Las Pegasus home. She was rather surprised to see how he went with something out of the norm. Normally one would use an old grandfather clock, or bust of Shakespony to open the door to one’s secret lair, but her beloved little unicorn was clever to think outside the box. “You know....”, this felt rather awkward to ask, but she felt that this was completely necessary. “I’m sure I’ve told you this before...But before the whole ‘Nightmare Night’ debacle in Ponyville, my parents were going to retire. They had planned on moving to Las Pegasus. Even got ahold of a rather nice condo in some recently redeveloped part of town. Wind would have ended up in a private school in Canterlot. It was all pretty much settled, then those....”, she needed to watch her language. She did not like the changelings one bit, but more than a few of her friends had convinced her that not all of the strange bug ponies were evil. This was something she needed to see for herself, but for now, she wanted to be nice.

“Invaders came along and made things unpleasant in Ponyville. And the R.E.A decided they could not afford to lose somepony with my father’s experience, so the retirement was off.  The folks and Wind are living in Ponyville...So my question is..eh-heh.”, she chuckled, “You wouldn’t be too offended if my parents use the place for just one weekend? My poor mother had to update a few of the training manuals and the poor thing didn’t sleep for days and my father has been busy training...I believe he’s working on a citizen’s watch. To make Ponyville’s residents a bit more proactive in watching out for their own little village.”

“Once I’m finished with the whole EPIC business, I’d crash at Ponyville and look after Wind...Then my folks would have some fun for a change. Poor old war-horses deserve it.”, an slightly pained smile crept up on her face, “Course I would never would do this without your permission.”

Unicorn walked towards the bookshelf and pulled one of the tomes from it. It looked very old..and in some sense eldritch. The metal fittings that adorned it were covered with arcane symbols, the marks so ancient that preceded the ponykind itself.

"This book, she needs to have it. I didn't really mention it in my will, as I rather not have certain...others know that I possessed it. You one of the few that I can trust with it Moto. It needs to pass into Foxglove hooves, she will know what to do with it." Swift instructed with a serious voice.

Fire Walker nodded her head as Swift spoke more about the famed writer. She wasn’t sure when she would run into Foxglove. But her mother roamed with writers from all fields of live. Maybe she could be of service. “Right Spooky book to Foxglove...But I’m curious about one thing...Who the heck is ‘Spring Breeze’?" The Pegasus pony knew she didn't know all of his friends, but it wouldn't hurt to ask in case she ran into this character.

• 2 weeks later...

Squall made a grimace when Fire mentioned R.E.A. decision to revoke her parents retirement. Yet once again he was reminded that not sticking with Equestria military was a correct decision.

"Well of course, another brainy decision from the Army." he sneered. "Sometimes I have a feeling that there are two who gives those regulations. One 'idiot' who have all those 'brilliant' ideas..." stallion's voice was dripping with sarcasm. "....and another one who means well, but have to clear the mess that the former makes all the time and doesn't have tme for anything else." he added while still shuffling the papers.

"For example, how long you are First Lieutenant exactly Fire? Seeing that you had hoof in many important things one would think they should give you promotion....or a rise in paycheck at least." noblepony complained "One would think that high command have eyes...or at least ears to know that it's about an accursed time to do this. But since this mess in Crystal Empire arisen...." unicorn made a dismissive gesture with one of his hooves.

That wasn't often when Swift complained about the R.E.A.

Or rather it should be said it wasn't often when he was so vocal about it. Fire was one of the few that had the...pleasure to hear his complained about it more then once. This time however there was rare hint of anger in usually stoic stallion's voice.

"Maybe this time we will have some efficient formation. First we have Wonderbolts who could very well rename themselves 'Amazingly Ineffectual Flying Squad'. Then, we have the Suntrot, which was as efficient in fighting against changelings as trying to keep the drink cool in the middle of Saddle Arabia desert. Better for the 'three times a charm' to ring truth, because I don't know what I will do otherwise." nobelpony continued to grumble.

Luckily he received the question before his whining could get annoying.

On 20.08.2015 at 8:10 AM, Tacobob said:

“Invaders came along and made things unpleasant in Ponyville. And the R.E.A decided they could not afford to lose somepony with my father’s experience, so the retirement was off.  The folks and Wind are living in Ponyville...So my question is..eh-heh.”, she chuckled, “You wouldn’t be too offended if my parents use the place for just one weekend? My poor mother had to update a few of the training manuals and the poor thing didn’t sleep for days and my father has been busy training...I believe he’s working on a citizen’s watch. To make Ponyville’s residents a bit more proactive in watching out for their own little village.”

Squall cocked slightly.

"I don't understand the question Moto." he said before shifting his sight back towards the papers for a moment.

"Or rather I should say - I don't understand why you asking me for permission. When I said that this house is your I meant it. True, it  states that you owner in case of my death...." Swift said before raising his eye back to her "...but I have no intention to rescind anything that it's written there when it will turn out that I am not actually decomposing. With the exception of lines regarding Squallcoast manor. So, yeah. You finally have a roof you could call your own. Even if it's not in the city you actually live in."

On 20.08.2015 at 8:10 AM, Tacobob said:

Fire Walker nodded her head as Swift spoke more about the famed writer. She wasn’t sure when she would run into Foxglove. But her mother roamed with writers from all fields of live. Maybe she could be of service. “Right Spooky book to Foxglove...But I’m curious about one thing...Who the heck is ‘Spring Breeze’?" The Pegasus pony knew she didn't know all of his friends, but it wouldn't hurt to ask in case she ran into this character.

The another question caught him a little by surprise. For Fire it was unusual to drill the topic like that.

"Spring is...a quite secretive friend of mine." he started, trying to be as vague as possible.

"You must understand Moto, she has her reasons to avoid attention. She has heart in the right place, but for a reasons that are outside her power she has to keep some secrets. I....discovered them, by accident. If one would call pure persistence an accident. But once I confirmed that this secretiveness isn't due to any malicious intent I swore to hold it to myself." Swift explained.

Squall was quite a secretive pony himself. But somehow keeping the one from Fire - even if not his own -made him feel uneasy. Actually telling her that he hold one made it even worse. Swordpony made a grimace - as if he just ate a whole lemon in one go.

"Perhaps in due time I will introduce you two to each other. You will then understand why a certain degree of delusiveness was necessary."

xbzhv8.jpg

“How long it’s been?”, the red mare pondered this as she looked up at the ceiling, “A little before I ran into you and Dunder back then. Maybe two years.”, she returned her gaze back to the stallion, “I blame myself. If I devoted more of my time to the R.E.A beyond what I needed to do, I probably would have made Captain ages ago..”, she let out a sigh as those words left her mouth, “Maybe I’m afraid to grow up. I like being what I am...I get my freedom, and I can go on silly little adventures from time to time and still have a job to go back to when I’m finished.” she sat up a little more and took another sip from her mug, “Captains are adults, like my brother Walk, or even Cordy who is an Colonel. They’re usually always at base. They have wives and kids, and bills....And hoofball practice for the kid...And PTA meetings and Saturday bowling with the other officers. They have stable, proper lives just like real adults. Don’t even think neither of them have left their hometowns...Not since Grandma Mimsy passed....So my question is to myself, do I want to be an adult?”

Fire Walker finished off her tea while the stallion went on a slight rant. She showed no signs of annoyance, as she knew Swift needed to vent just a bit. “Don’t know what you have against the ‘Bolts. They’re entertainers. And while some are from the R.E.A, they do take in non military from time to time, such as Lady Rainbow Dash, and even my cousin Rocky-Gee tried out, but did not get past the Dizzitron.” She had remembered this all like it was yesterday. Rocky was always a good flyer. Fast and agile, but when stuffed into the spin-out simulator, the poor stallion lost everything he had eaten during the day.  And then things went downhill from there.

She listened patiently as the stallion spoke of this Spring Breeze, and was caught off guard by how serious he seemed to be about the whole thing. "No worries. I won't push this any further...Was just curious about the look you made as you said her name. And the whole 'Na...ehem' bit as well. But I'm always happy to meet and befriend anypony you would consider a friend...I just look forward to the day when this is all over and we can continue with our lives...together."

• 2 weeks later...

Squall's eyes opened a little wider as Fire spoke about the price of a career - if he wasn't sitting unicorn would surly reel backwards.

So that was a reason? And was it immature as she feared? Swift wasn't pony to judge, he didn't possessed the right to do so. He who run away from home to pursue his own desires was least qualified to criticize others.

And did he himself changed that much really? Come to think of it he still did as he wanted. Even him joining EPIC was done on impulse.

"Am I an adult?" he blurted. Were his actions truly selfless or just justifications for following his desires? But then she mentioned her siblings, and Squall renumbered what was said to him long time ago....

“Captains are adults, like my brother Walk, or even Cordy who is an Colonel. They’re usually always at base. They have wives and kids, and bills....And hoofball practice for the kid...And PTA meetings and Saturday bowling with the other officers. They have stable, proper lives just like real adults. Don’t even think neither of them have left their hometowns...Not since Grandma Mimsy passed....So my question is to myself, do I want to be an adult?”

Squall was silent for a moment before speaking.

"I....don't think us wanting or not is what defines us as adult. I believe it's our choices and actions...and more importantly willingness to take responsibility for them. My Master once told me there was no such thing as complete freedom. Everypony we met, whatever it would be a family, a friend, a lover or even the foe form a bond with us. And the price of each such bond is little of our own freedom. As such, absolute freedom means absolute loneliness." unicorn said before pausing.

"And without investing in others, life serves no purpose." Swift went silent before giving Fire a long, affectionate look.

"For you I would wear all of the worlds chains." he whispered.

Fire Walker finished off her tea while the stallion went on a slight rant. She showed no signs of annoyance, as she knew Swift needed to vent just a bit. “Don’t know what you have against the ‘Bolts. They’re entertainers. And while some are from the R.E.A, they do take in non military from time to time, such as Lady Rainbow Dash, and even my cousin Rocky-Gee tried out, but did not get past the Dizzitron.” She had remembered this all like it was yesterday. Rocky was always a good flyer. Fast and agile, but when stuffed into the spin-out simulator, the poor stallion lost everything he had eaten during the day.  And then things went downhill from there.

Exactly." he started, a little calmer then before. Still Swift was not done with the 'venting' part.

"If they entertain, they shouldn't try to do things that are military job. And if they from Military they should focus on that. Because clearly they can't do their job properly otherwise. I wonder when they had their last proper combat training. Them flying great, perhaps best in the world? True, true. It just too bad that playing housefly is only half of solving the problem. To me they are a pathetic symbol. A symbol of decay of once elite units, who traded their duty for making an eye-candy!" the last worlds were practically growled.

She listened patiently as the stallion spoke of this Spring Breeze, and was caught off guard by how serious he seemed to be about the whole thing. "No worries. I won't push this any further...Was just curious about the look you made as you said her name. And the whole 'Na...ehem' bit as well. But I'm always happy to meet and befriend anypony you would consider a friend...I just look forward to the day when this is all over and we can continue with our lives...together."

This statement was met wit acknowledging nod.

"I won't allow anything anything to prevent this Moto. This...future." noblepony said as he stood out and walked towards the mirror. It was after all some time since Fire applied this balm to his back and some effects should be already visible...

To his surprise in the places when once bean a horrifying scars was no completely healthy - if for now naked - skin. Probably his coat would regrow on it after so long time.

"That....shouldn't be that effective..." Squall said, clearly confused.

xbzhv8.jpg

The red mare nodded her head as the stallion spoke. "I could technically leave the R.E.A and not have to worry about much. I don't really have any bills to pay, and I will always have a roof over my head.", a sly smile formed on her face, "In at least three different cities now.", she turned her attention to the stallion and made sure she did not miss a single scar," I could move to the Gallopocous Islands and collect seashells and sell them by the seashore. But I enjoy what I'm doing. I get to train young ponies. I even have my silly little missions I get from time to time. Like when I was asked to shadow Princess Luna during her visit to a speakeasy or when I had to help patrol the old palace archives, only to slip and nearly break my neck after stepping in a pile of ice cream.", she shrugged her shoulders wistfully, "Still not sure who spilt it.", after realizing her beloved stallion was quickly on his way to a silky smooth and soft, scar-less skin, and a rather healthy coat, she sighed. "Still, wouldn't give it up.  I rather like my crazy life."

Fire Walker knew she was not going to win this argument, but she still tried for just a moment. "Well, they do. The 'Bolts are great recruiters. Little fillies and colts can see what they can become if they work hard. And then there's the uniform. I didn't look so bad in one, and now that your scars are going away, maybe this Nightmare Night we can get you into a pair. Maybe not a Wonderbolts costume. Could be a superhero. Maybe an acrobat.", she cooed, "I believe Fili-Second had an rival in the comics. Think his name was 'Mister Swifty'. You even have his growl down right.", she could not help but notice how weal the lotion had worked.

She nodded her head as he expressed surprise in his rapid healing, "Guess you just had a lot of old, dried scars, and this lotion just conquered it all...Wouldn't heal as quick if these were new.", she smiled as she continued to admire the unicorn, "But you now need to promise that you won't get anymore new scars.", she teased, "If you need to fight someone, please at least use whiffle swords or maybe discuss your issues instead of resorting to violence. Or I could get Zelda to make you an full set of armor. Plate. Like the kind they wore when dragons were a problem. You might not be able to move or anything....", she trailed off.

• 1 month later...

"You enjoying what you doing...." he muttered. And why shouldn't she? After all it was all those choices and experiences that put them together.

"You always wanted to join Army aren't you Moto? With it being kind of family tradition...." he said.

"Did you...what is your dream Fire? You speak about silly adventuress...." Squall paused to make a gentle smile "...but there is not all that you want to do, isn't it? There are so many things I want to know about you Moto." unicorn confessed before walking closer to her. Swift extended his hoof and begun to caress Fire's cheek.

"I want to know everything about you. I want you to know everything about me. Or maybe, I want us to always find new things about each other?...."

he continued while he gazed into her crimson eyes.

"....I rather like your crazy life too."

But while there was the time for a tender moment, there was still the issue with those....scars. Or rather their prematurely disappearance. Squall knew that the balm will do the job. He had a lot faith in traditional unyasian medicine - and seeing that it saved his life once it was entirely justified. But under no circumstances his markings should disappear that fast. Swift was very sure that he wasn't scammed (and could he say scammed if the stuff indeed proved to work?). The zebra who sold this to him explained that it will take no less then seven jars to make the scars go completely...

And here he was, with not even half used, and with skin as pristine as that of the baby. And if the balm wasn't to blame...

"What in Tartarus is wrong with me?" Squall asked in his head.

But....why he was worried in first place? For a change something nice happens and here he is, paranoid and suspicious. Squall shook his head and focused on Fire's words.

"I would love to have matching outfits with you. However I need something that would mask my face. Honestly speaking, while I am errr....charmed by your Wonderbolt spa....costume, I rather that we dress more in...spirits of this day, you know?" noblepony offered almost an apologetic smile beside the proposition.

However his expression turned more sour when crimson mare expressed her worry about him being potentially hurt.

"You know I can't promise that Moto. I am not like Blueblood or Celestia. When an evil comes I meet it with my blade first as I am warrior at heart." swordpony said.

"...but you may have a point about armor, as restrictive it can be sometimes. However having the taste of our enemies capabilities, no ordinary defense will do..." Squall was quickly lost in thought himself as he walked towards the shelf, pulling some old books out of it.

xbzhv8.jpg

"It was hard to escape the whole culture with everyone in the family, and more than a few of my friends being involved with the R.E.A..And hearing all the stories of past glories...", the red mare nearly whispered this, "Still, my folks were pretty honest. They didn’t lie to us. It wasn't like it was generations ago...At least back then. Things had been rather dull during the last few generations, and he wanted his kids to understand that they probably wouldn't be out there defending the kingdom from dragons, undead or evil sorcerers.  Now with all the bits of excitement that seems to happen so often, it probably caught the guard off...well, guard.", she added with a shrug. "Maybe they should have realized things were eventually going to change. It's still not like before, but we're not as safe as we've been."

She leaned a little closer as the stallion caressed her cheek, "Well, not all of my adventures are silly, some were rather intense.", she added, "As for what I do.. Erm.", she srunched up her snout and made a funny little face as she tried to think up of something. "Beyond the training, and the little side projects..I really do what any other pony does..I go shopping...I pay bills. Go pub crawling with the girls. I enjoy both horror and adventure stories...Usually Foxglove or Quillhart....Although my mother has been sending me early copies of the book she’s been working on...Which is a bit of romance and adventure. And a very major step out of her comport zone, considering she normally writes and updates R.E.A training manuals.”

“My first real colt-friend was a kid named Player One back in high school. I played hoofball for both Canterlot and later the Army. I was a pretty darn good defensive player.”, she added with a rather rare show of pride on her face. “So what can you tell me about yourself? A few little tidbits of trivia beyond the stuff I already know.”, she gave her colt-friend a wink.

(OOC: This bit takes place after Swift has spoken...)

The mare couldn’t help but notice the slight look Swift gave..Was her uncomfortable? Was there something he was not telling her? She would have to ask about this, but for now.

“My ‘bolts costume was ruined during our little battle during Nightmare Night. Tell you what.”, she pushed away the worry for just a moment, “I’ll let you pick our next costume. Anything you want.”, she watched as he pulled out a few books, but before he started with those, she asked. “Swifty...Is anything bothering you?”

• 3 weeks later...

"I wish some of my adventures were silly. Guess I just need to hang more with you, Dunder and others during them.....when it will be possible." the last words were followed by a heavy sigh.

"But as it was already said, it has to wait. And as you mentioned, Equestria needs ponies like me. Our realm rested too long from the world's dangers....." he turned around and walked towards the fireplace.

"As you said ponykind should realize that it was not going to last. Harmony and chaos....or rather, order and change slowly intertwine." Squall said while staring into flames.

"Heh...who knows, maybe one day, the restless souls like me would be considered the world's enemy instead?" unicorn sprouted some strange words before facing his love again, to hear more about his mare. He couldn't resist the urge to cut in however. First when it came to her pub visits....

"You know, it's funny, I never seen you in companionship of other...girls. Wind aside that is."

Then when it came to her mother's book...

"Your mom writes a novel? I have to make a note to pick it up when it will be released. Also you can tell her to relax. More the half best selling authors makes their breakthrough at middle age or older."

And finally at moment where Fire mentioned her very first coltfriend.

"Errr yes. You mention him. A lot." Squall said dryly.

His expression however perked up when Moto requested to know more about him as well.

"Oh...me? Well if you insist..." noblepony said while tapping his temple, pondering where to begin.

"Well...I was Born August 11 at a very rainy evening....but you can probably already recall that. This makes me a Leo...although my teacher says in his homeland sign system I was born at Year of the Snake...whatever that means. I O negative so I donate some blood from time to time. I love broccoli and cashews, but I am not fan of apples or corn. I not...fond of ducks either. The living bird kind that is." the mention of the waterfowl was accompanied by visible shudder. "What else? Well I can speak fourteen languages and can write and read in ten of those. Also in process of learning further three. I play piano, electric guitar and erhu. My favorite color are green...and red." Swift added with a smile.

"Unlike my parents I like furniture with a historical feel. Everything you see is either an antique or made by hoof to look like one. I have so many named ancestors I can't really remember them. And when was traveling sellsword I did pretty much everything you could imagine one would do...aside from some clearly evil stuff. Bounty and pirate hunting, tomb riding, rescue work in mountains, monster population control, bodyguard, cargo escort, fighting instructor, nanny, funded explorer, duelist for hire...all kinds of stuff." stallion finally finished and caught his breath.

Before he could do anything with a books, Fire gave him question in a worried voice. Swift paused pondering whatever to dismiss the issue, be honest or lie. But could he really lie to her? No, not to her.

"I...don't really know Moto. Is being...healthy a reason to be worried?" he said before facing her.

"Since a Crystal Empire I was feeling...better. Better on body then I ever was in recent memory. I know that Crystal Heart have extraordinary powers but...to such extent?" he asked in a doubtful tone.

"And that's not all. I never was a unicorn with much reserves of magical stamina. In fact I was rather poor when it came to that, always running out of juice in say - prolonged fights. But now...now I can't say that I tired myself out with using magic since I returned from the Empire. One day, when working in caves below I was carrying some very heavy stuff with my telekinesis for straight few hours and I wasn't taxed at all. Also there are those...dreams. I know that I am dreaming about something, but when I wake up I can't recall anything about the night visions..." swordpony confessed.

xbzhv8.jpg

Fire Walker resisted saying something snarky when her melodramatic stallion wondered out-loud if he would soon be 'the world's enemy'. This would be difficult, seeing that one considered an 'enemy' in one land, might be considered an 'hero; in another. Even Equestria's greatest villains would probably be considered unknowns in say the griffon lands? She scrunched up her face just a little when Swift mentioned that he had seen very little of her female friends.

"Well, most of the girls I know are usually officers in the R.E.A, but there are a few I'm sure you've met.", the red mare slowly made her way to the stallion's side. "I'm sure you've met Zelda before. And Lady Presteza..Or even Docket? Eh?", alright, maybe he might not have met the white unicorn mare. She had managed to make a few new ones over the last few months her colt-friend may or may not know either. That was odd, but then again, he still had yet to meet most of her family. Or even all of her brothers. She hoped the eldest of her brothers, Cordy would be able to meet him one day, as they were both very alike.

Her ears perked up as Swift mentioned that she spoke a good deal about her former colt-friend... "I do? Really?", she was pretty sure that she had only mentioned him a few times. "Well, he was a bunch of firsts for me.", she did not feel the need to list those firsts. "Now that I think about it, I find it kind of funny. During that time, my whole 'bad girl' image was in full swing, but I was dating the squarest, most stereotypical 'all Equestrian colt'. He was both quarterback and team captain of our hoofball team, had neatly cut blonde head of hair and the brightest blue eyes you'd ever see. He also never swore, it was mostly just 'Jeepers!' and 'Gee Whiz!'. Don't know how I managed to keep up my persona for so long.", she smirked and clamed up the moment Swift started to talk about his own life...

Once he took a moment to get a few breaths in, the mare spoke up, "Wow, sounds like what I've done over the years. Hopefully you never had to deal with the sort of fellas I dealt with." She shuddered just at the thought of one stallion, an unicorn named Spellbound that had been a major pain.  "And I was born right after Hearth's Warming Eve..So I usually got the whole 'this is for your birthday and Hearth's' nonsense." As for languages, she always prided herself in her knowledge of Prench, Germane and a bit of the old griffon language, but FOURTEEN? Yikes! The 'nanny' job would have to be something she would just HAVE to hear about. Maybe not now. "Big family. My family is so big, our family tree is an Hyperion!"

Swift spoke again, and like before, the mare listened until he was finished.

"Nothing wrong about being worried, but you need to limit yourself.", she leaned into the pony, "There might be some unpleasant stuff going on, there's a ton more stuff going on that's great. As for magic.....I heard it's like any muscle in your body...The more you use it, the stronger you get...But these dreams you're having.", Fire Walker whispered, "Tell me about them..."

• 2 weeks later...

"I am quite sure I never met this 'Docket' mare you keep speaking off so often. Or the other one....her sibling. How's he's called? Rocket? Socket? Ahh right, Pocket. Seriously who gives their children names that rhyme? Such silly things, straight from the comic books. I would never name ours in such theme." said Squall. Evidently the last part wasn't really well thought.

"That the first time you speak how he looked like. Sounds like school jock version light to me. Although who I am to say? Me who never attended one." noblepony gave a heavy sight. "I am so much better educated then the other...but sometimes I wonder how would I be if I would attend normal elementary. Would I wound another big businesses fish? Or maybe end as pony similar to Blueblood?" Swift visibly twitched at the imagination of the latter possibility. "Well...you may be a.....'bad girl' once. But I wasn't always that brooding stallion you see either. But I guess that's something you should ask my parents when you meet them. When one talks about former self, it's hard to say he or she is creditable narrator." he said before answering with his own smirk. "And besides...you still very, very 'bad girl' when it counts." at that words stallion words turned a little more wanton.

"And I was born right after Hearth's Warming Eve..So I usually got the whole 'this is for your birthday and Hearth's' nonsense."about them..."

"What a nonsense indeed. You were the best Heart's Warming present one would think of. You should be showered with gifts from the start. I assure you Moto, you never will receive joint one from me." nobelpony swore.

"Although.....with so many siblings Heart's Warming had to cost her parents a fortune. It's no wonder that they cut corners when they could." he added in his mind. Not everypony was lucky enough to have billions at their disposal like him.

This line of thought was stopped when he saw Fire's expression when he mentioned his linguistic skills.

"It's becomes easier after sixth one really. And when you a dedicated mercenary that is a given. You travel where the work is, and not everyone knows Equestrian. Either you learn to communicate our you end without both job and dinner." Squall explained a sad reality of being hardcore sellsword.

"Big family. My family is so big, our family tree is an Hyperion!"

"Are we trying...to out-familize each other?" Swift asked, feeling really awkward.

"Nothing wrong about being worried, but you need to limit yourself.", she leaned into the pony, "There might be some unpleasant stuff going on, there's a ton more stuff going on that's great. As for magic.....I heard it's like any muscle in your body...The more you use it, the stronger you get...But these dreams you're having.", Fire Walker whispered, "Tell me about them..."

"I know!" Squall growled. "I...I can't allow myself to be stopped by limits. Not when fiends like Chrysalis or Sombra are lose. And...I heard your magic gets better with practice but...like this?" he said with a doubt "There is no way I made bigger jump in few months then after all those years being mercenary. It's the Heart...something with the Heart...but..." he paused...pondering.

"Maybe some of the other that were there that day experienced something similar...a sudden leap in abilities...improvement of health. Maybe....no,no it has to wait." noblepony shook his head at sudden realization.

"Equestria...EPIC comes first. I don't know if this plan of the princesses will work, but I will make sure to do much more to be part of it then Suntrot." Swift decided, conviction in his voice.

"As for dreams...I don't membered. Almost everything slips away every time I wake up. But I am sure that...there was battle yes. And...scales...yes, I remember scales." unicorn scrunched his face in effort to remember his night visions.

xbzhv8.jpg

Fire Walker couldn’t help but grin a little as her favorite stallion seemed to skip a bit into their relationship. The name of their first foal? These were generally not thought ahead of time, and ponies were usually named when the parents glimpsed into the eyes of their newborn. It’s almost as if they knew what sort of pony their new child would grow into...Their personality, skills or even hobbies. She would avoid this topic for the moment. “Yeah, ol’ Pocket Change. They’re actually twins. He’s a pain, but he’s getting better. There’s also Sprocket.”, she paused to let Swift make a groan or grumble. “He’s a genius and incredibly handy with gadgets, but is am complete shut-in. He helped Zelda with my disarming gauntlets.”

Her smile vanished as she thought of her less than pleasant past. “Thanks to my little condition, I missed a few years of primary school, and while most kids were pretty cool. I did get picked on a bit for the leg braces which made me wobble a bit when I walked. I was also a little taller than most of the kids in my class and I was also really skinny, so you could probably guess how goofy looking I must have looked. So I was encouraged to get into better shape, not for my own physical well being, but so I could beat the snot out of my tormenters. Oddly enough.”, the mare sighed, “I ended up becoming one of them. A nasty ol’ bully.”

Her smile returned as Swift mentioned his parents, “Hopefully I’ll get to meet them soon..Once this whole business is taken care of that is..You’ll also have to met some of the gang as well. Thankfully you’ve at least got to meet Pressy.”

"It's becomes easier after sixth one really. And when you a dedicated mercenary that is a given. You travel where the work is, and not everyone knows Equestrian. Either you learn to communicate our you end without both job and dinner." Squall explained a sad reality of being hardcore sellsword.

"I don't really consider myself an mercenary.", she paused for a moment to snatch up another little snack from one of the trays. "Adventurer...Occasional body-guard...The other just sounds like I'm looking for a fight. But for now, I'm either training or working on this upcoming project. Which I hope works out and is not simply forgotten or fazed out for something else. I do really agree that we need to step up our game, or we're going to be hit with yet another surprise attack by our foes."

"Maybe some of the other that were there that day experienced something similar...a sudden leap in abilities...improvement of health. Maybe....no,no it has to wait." noblepony shook his head at sudden realization.

"Equestria...EPIC comes first. I don't know if this plan of the princesses will work, but I will make sure to do much more to be part of it then Suntrot." Swift decided, conviction in his voice.

"Maybe your magic had been slowly improving and you did not notice it until you needed to use it.", the mare added, "Sort of like little Wind. As soon as she decided that she would have a puppy one day, she started taking up a 'Penny-For-A-Pup' collection. And when it was time to get a dog, she was surprised how many coins she ended up with. Could be like that..Or not.", she smiled as she shrugged her shoulders.

Things took a turn to a more serious turn as the stallion tried his best to remember his dream. "Scales? Like a dragon, or somepony wearing armor? And while it might sound  a little childish, you might want to keep a little journal by your bed, so when you awaken you can write everything down before it quickly passes from your mind...Heck...I betcha there's even a spell somewhere that might permit you to relive your dreams fully."

• 4 weeks later...

"It's Zelda who made them?" Squall asked in surprise (while trying to forget for the time about Pocket, Docket and Sprocket naming theme, ughhh.)

"It's...actually unusual you know Moto? That she's an artist and blacksmith at the same time. I know that items she makes are all..custom made as to say, but it still unseen for her to both make war tools and sculptures." noblepony expressed his thoughts about panther griffon.

When Fire mentioned her delinquent past and started to rant about it, he put his hoof on her shoulder and interrupted her.

"Yes bully you become. And then you turned into girl you are right now. Every experience and event from our past adds into making us ponies we are right now. You may fell ashamed, but I am actually grateful..." he paused to wrap his legs around her in a hug.

"...because of this I met Fire that You are now."

The discussion then shifted back towards the EPIC and general adventuring.

".....Perhaps. We all need to get ourselves better, and yet more and more surprises keep coming. Maybe staying in one place to train will not be enough, no matter how rigorous it would be." Squall pondered.

"Sometimes I have feeling that each month another tale of old proves itself true. Well maybe I exaggerate a little, but not by much. The point is, that if monsters of legends attack our nation so often with us often powerless against it....then why not fight legend with legend." noblepony said.

"You know Moto, the ancient artifacts long lost. Like 'The Ebony Blade' , 'Ring of Three Sorcerers' or 'Arammoto Eye', things we thought about as fairy tales. But if Nightmare Moon, Discord and Crystal Empire could be true, why not them?" Swift presented a question.

"Such items of power could be what it takes to turn the tables." he added, withe an edge in his voice.

When Fire likened his recent surge in magic power Squall felt a twinge of irritation.

"Likening this to saving bits in piggy-bank is poor comparison. It's not..." he started but was sidetracked by something red mare said.

"Wait your sister was saving allowance to get herself puppy? And get quite an amount? Then why she hasn't one yet?" he asked, sidetracked by the story. Suddenly build up in his arcane ability didn't seemed like something that should be worrying.

Of course there was still the matter of that dreams he had. His love asked for more details, so Squall rubbed his temple in an attempt to remember.

"No, reptilian, yes but not that of the dragon." noblepony said as he put the hoof to his head.

"It's more like that of a....snake. And there was ice. And lightning." Swift said as more detail come seemingly out of nowhere.

But then a ringing sound in his head came. The sound got louder and louder until it started to get painful, and whatever imagine was coming next was banished.

"Ught..." Swift couldn't help but groan. He never experienced anything like this. Was he thinking too hard about something that didn't exist. Was those really parts of his dream or result of his imagination?

" And while it might sound  a little childish, you might want to keep a little journal by your bed, so when you awaken you can write everything down before it quickly passes from your mind...Heck...I betcha there's even a spell somewhere that might permit you to relive your dreams fully."

"Yeah...sure." unicorn said, clearly not very enthusiastic about the idea.

• 2 weeks later...
xbzhv8.jpg

"Zelda made the disarming gauntlet, at least the majority of  it, while Sprocket designed and created the actual part where the dull disarming blade could unlatch. When I'm walking, the blade extends up, so I don't get stuck in the ground, but when I need to stop somepony from swinging something pointy my way, I can just shake my gauntlet and the blade swings downward. I can use it while flying, or if I can maneuver onto my two back legs.", she demonstrated this movement for a moment. "Sprocket got the idea from his late great Uncle, Pony Crockett who in turn based it off an earlier design the Batpon...er....Areion...", the mare corrected herself, "Were known to use."

She nodded her head as her colt-friend spoke about the griffon. "From what she's told me...Her family are all smithies. But they make things one would use...cooking utensils, tools, gates, whatever that was needed that was metal. But ol' fuzzy tail wanted to make something a bit more fantastic, so she studied and later made armor and weaponry. Cause it was exciting. However, the demand for such things has decreased over the years, so she took up classes to learn how to sculpt, and even uses a few ponies I know as models. Such as Dunder and even Lady Applejack."

Ho-Boy, the black bird was VERY proud of the day she got to spend time with the farmer turned savior of the known world. She drew up a ton of sketches to be later used as an 'Heroic-Active-Female' mold.

"Dwaah.", she cooed as the stallion gave her a hug, "Turned out pretty well I guess. Even ended up with an handsome price..And I would have never met you if I did not decided to play a little bit of fun with ol' Dunders." The red mare paused for a moment before asking.. "Say...How did you ever meet ol' Dunderblusty?"

When the conversation moved towards EPIC and general adventuring....

"The Arammoto Eye..How strange, and while we had our old 'Mare In The Moon' stories and we saw what that ugly statue in the statue garden turned out to be...We sort of knew about the Crystal Empire..At least those of us in the know, considering we had to maintain a whole set of tracks that lead there, along with the original train station at the Crystal Kingdom. That's how I ended up over there before Celesta's champions did. Thankfully, they fared much better than my squad and I."

Their conversation turned to a less serious topic. Wind Walker and her puppy.

"There were a series of demands she needed to make. The set bit goal for the adoption. First they wanted to wait until they moved out of Canterlot. She also needed to make better grades in school, which she did. And she needed to find the right pet.  She wanted a pet that was 'awesome and cool'. And she wanted to get the pup during one of  Lady Fluttershy's animal adoption drives, as opposed to getting one at a pet store. I was rather proud of her when she announced this bit.", the mare beamed.

Fire Walker listened patiently while her stallion spoke of his dreams. This did not end well for the pony. "Swifty?", she spoke softly as not to agitate his already hurty-head. "Maybe we should pay a visit to Miss Zecora in Ponyville? From what I've heard of her, this sounds like something she might be able to help you with."

• 3 weeks later...

Squall politely waited for Fire to explain all the specifics of her weapon. He knew most of those already but some details were different. Huh, guess one could still learn something when hearing about things from somepony else perspective. Swift gave a pleased nod when Moto corrected herself on proper term for bat ponies before picking up from where she left.

"Maretonians have their own variant. Much more mechanically complicated but still easy to maintain. That version have only one triangle shaped blade coming from the top." unicorn raised his leg to demonstrate.

"This one is based on weapon from a far away land known as katar. The user has to have finger, claws or other similar appendages to wield it properly. Since we ponies are lacking in that regard, the katar and gauntlet was melded. It...certainly isn't used for disarming. rather as backup weapon or assassination tool. I myself wielded one where I was working there." a grimace of displeasure appeared on stallions face. Maretonia wasn't a part of his career that he remembered fondly.

On 6.01.2016 at 8:10 AM, Tacobob said:

"From what she's told me...Her family are all smithies. But they make things one would use...cooking utensils, tools, gates, whatever that was needed that was metal. But ol' fuzzy tail wanted to make something a bit more fantastic, so she studied and later made armor and weaponry. Cause it was exciting. "

"But excitement doesn't bring income." he muttered quietly.

" However, the demand for such things has decreased over the years, so she took up classes to learn how to sculpt, and even uses a few ponies I know as models. Such as Dunder and even Lady Applejack."

Ho-Boy, the black bird was VERY proud of the day she got to spend time with the farmer turned savior of the known world. She drew up a ton of sketches to be later used as an 'Heroic-Active-Female' mold.

"Yes it decreased before. And now look. The irony." Swift observed.

"....Do you think she will return to making a larger number of arms now? From the sound of it, she seems fulfilled with her artistic work."

"Dwaah.", she cooed as the stallion gave her a hug, "Turned out pretty well I guess. Even ended up with an handsome price..And I would have never met you if I did not decided to play a little bit of fun with ol' Dunders." The red mare paused for a moment before asking.. "Say...How did you ever meet ol' Dunderblusty?"

"Now come on. I hardly deserve to be called prince." noblepony said playfully as his magic started to comb her mane with his magic. Honestly he could brush that crimson strands for hours and not get bored. He however rose an eyebrow when Fire gave him a question.

"I...told you this already didn't I? It was in the train to Fillydelphia, the very same day we met for the first time."

Well she could still be sleepy after the 'exercise' and the nap.

"I guess I should thank Dunder for that. But I guess that's.....not something that he would like to hear isn't it?"

"The Arammoto Eye..How strange, and while we had our old 'Mare In The Moon' stories and we saw what that ugly statue in the statue garden turned out to be...We sort of knew about the Crystal Empire..At least those of us in the know, considering we had to maintain a whole set of tracks that lead there, along with the original train station at the Crystal Kingdom. That's how I ended up over there before Celesta's champions did. Thankfully, they fared much better than my squad and I."

"Right. We had to remember the hard way. Maybe we became too complacent over the past millennium." Squall frowned.

"I just hope that whatever I may uncover will make lives of malefactors that we have to deal with hard as well."

"There were a series of demands she needed to make. The set bit goal for the adoption. First they wanted to wait until they moved out of Canterlot. She also needed to make better grades in school, which she did. And she needed to find the right pet.  She wanted a pet that was 'awesome and cool'. And she wanted to get the pup during one of  Lady Fluttershy's animal adoption drives, as opposed to getting one at a pet store. I was rather proud of her when she announced this bit.", the mare beamed.

"That's quite a number of hops for a filly." he observed. "But from your words it seems that Wind made through them. Which still doesn't explain how she does not have a puppy yet. Were that uhhh adoption fairs suspended or something?" Swift asked. Sure many things were happening in Equestria and...ohhhhh. Right, Miss Fluttershy.

"Let me guess. She wasn't exactly available."

Fire Walker listened patiently while her stallion spoke of his dreams. This did not end well for the pony. "Swifty?", she spoke softly as not to agitate his already hurty-head. "Maybe we should pay a visit to Miss Zecora in Ponyville? From what I've heard of her, this sounds like something she might be able to help you with."

"I am....fine." he said as he stood firmer on his hooves. Fire's mention about journal broke his concentration and memories of a dream slipped away. And with them gone a ringing in his head steadily subsided. "I had worse then a little headache Moto." he assured her.

Then she mentioned a Zecora, a zebra that both of them were familiar with, living near a Ponyville. That was...actually a good advice. Since his first visit to Unyasi Squall had always had a healthy respect for zebra 'knowing'. And he was quite certain that Miss Zecora was one as well. As well as capable of keeping a secret.

"I...consider it." Swift said. "However there are other things that demand attention, for now I am done...with nightmares."

• 2 weeks later...
xbzhv8.jpg

"One of these days I'll have to take you to see Zelda's workshop. She has this wall of swords, daggers and other weapons she had made over the years. Awhile back she got into checking out books that showed weapons that were made in the Pre-Celestia times. She made more than a few recreations of some rather unpleasant swords. I'm pretty sure they originally made some of these things to be so scary, that their opponent would run for the hills the second they saw that thing coming their way. She's made some interesting armor from that period as well."

The red mare snatched up another bit of what remained of their snack while she listened to the stallion and silently pondered if he looked like he could go another round with her. Maybe?

The conversation continued to focus on the mare's griffon friend for another moment, "She has been working over at the R.E.A's smithy more than usual. Not sure if she's making new weapons or they're just keeping the current stock in shape." She was a little surprised to find herself getting a special combing from the noble-pony. At first she found it rather odd, but started to feel how little Wind probably felt when she was doing the little filly's mane.

"Mmm.", she murmured, "Maybe you did. Always thought there would have been something terribly dramatic that caused you two to meet, as for Lady Fluttershy. I believe she had been dragged off to some adventure or grand quest by her companions.", Fire Walker could not help but smirk a little, "And I do mean they actually grabbed her and took her along. Heard her scream all the way to the train station. But I'm sure she'll have it soon. Poor thing would be the first of us to have a real pet. Always wanted a puppy growing up, but I was just too dang busy to take care of one. Had Hoof-Ball practice, weekend training with the young officer's club, and a rather healthy social life, just to name just a few of my early actives.", she added with a wink.

"I am....fine." he said as he stood firmer on his hooves. Fire's mention about journal broke his concentration and memories of a dream slipped away. And with them gone a ringing in his head steadily subsided. "I had worse then a little headache Moto." he assured her.

Then she mentioned a Zecora, a zebra that both of them were familiar with, living near a Ponyville. That was...actually a good advice. Since his first visit to Unyasi Squall had always had a healthy respect for zebra 'knowing'. And he was quite certain that Miss Zecora was one as well. As well as capable of keeping a secret.

"I...consider it." Swift said. "However there are other things that demand attention, for now I am done...with nightmares."

"Such as?"

• 1 month later...
On 4.02.2016 at 7:34 AM, tacobob said:
The conversation continued to focus on the mare's griffon friend for another moment, "She has been working over at the R.E.A's smithy more than usual. Not sure if she's making new weapons or they're just keeping the current stock in shape." She was a little surprised to find herself getting a special combing from the noble-pony. At first she found it rather odd, but started to feel how little Wind probably felt when she was doing the little filly's mane.

"Well at least she has a stable job." Squall mused as he begun to braid his marefriend mane. Where did he learned to do this? Swift certainly had his own long mane to practice, but like many other skill it was probably acquired during his adventures. "Not like poor Blusty for example. Although now that I mention it, I heard that he finally managed to land himself a position. What was it? I don't remember...and I couldn't go to him and ask either." noblepony said and deflated a little. His masquerade required for as few ponies as possible to know about his not-demise. That unfortunately included his friends, and since Swift had few of them this was a even higher price to pay for him, then it would for others in his position.

"Mmm.", she murmured, "Maybe you did. Always thought there would have been something terribly dramatic that caused you two to meet, as for Lady Fluttershy. I believe she had been dragged off to some adventure or grand quest by her companions.", Fire Walker could not help but smirk a little, "And I do mean they actually grabbed her and took her along. Heard her scream all the way to the train station."

"You would think she should be used to this by now. And after saving Equestria few times, savvy enough to expect it." unicorn lampshaded. He did not believed in destiny or fate, but when you engage in heroism too much, you inevitably become magnet for all sort of villains. After all you stopped few baddies, so that meant you could stop others. And that meant you were a threat.

"Poor thing would be the first of us to have a real pet. Always wanted a puppy growing up, but I was just too dang busy to take care of one. Had Hoof-Ball practice, weekend training with the young officer's club, and a rather healthy social life, just to name just a few of my early actives.", she added with a wink.

"Any other things you want to do but couldn't before because of business, besides of pet-owning Moto?" Squall asked as he continued to braid her mane. He actually started to regret he didn't had any ribbon at hoof. Fire would undoubtedly look very cute with one. Cute and alluring that is.

"Such as?"

"Such as Equestria, what else? Everything that I will attempt now is for for it's...and ours sake." he said while looking int Fire's crimson eyes.

"I am worried Moto. Worried about what this WRAITH is capable of. That raid at Crystal Empire....Poor iron won't make a sharp sword. The caribou were the swords...but from where the iron comes from?" Swift pondered. "There is so much we don't know. And a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. My greatest fear is that WRAITHS works from inside. Whatever methods, tool or resources we will invent will soon become theirs if that's the case. When there's no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you." noblepony paused after this. It was clear that he was very concerned with such possibility.

"As such I believe...that we need to find something that cannot be replicated or stolen. Elements of Harmony would be good example, but they are no longer at Equestria disposal. And since legends of old often spoke about things that were one of a kind, it is there that we should search for. At last, that's what I think."

• 3 weeks later...
xbzhv8.jpg

Fire Walker kept still as the stallion worked on her hair and couldn't help but feel a little envious of his magic. That whole telekinesis thing he wield sure came in handy. "Was a little disappointed in my Dunders." , she whispered for no reason. "Guy has a whole  family. Siblings. Parents. Everypony, but I never got to meet a single one of them. While he met a lion share of mine.", her eyes shifted towards Swift, "I do hope once this is all done with what you need to do, I get to meet your folks.", she sighed, "As for Dunder's job. I haven't seen him since our little job with Prince Blueblood. We helped him clear out an old summer home that belonged to his family.", she shuddered a little bit as she remembered the old rotting mansion and what lurked inside.

"Guess not all of us can be heroes all the time.", the mare added to his response about Fluttershy, "I sure as hay did not feel like one when that monster was chasing me about the outskirts of the Crystal Kingdom. I only wanted to get away and survive.", more not so great memories filled her mind, "When I run into any of Celestia's champions, I will have to ask them how they took down Sombra. I'm curious how one defeats a shadow."

A wishful look appeared on her eyes as Swift spoke about 'WRAITH', "I do we will be able to stop them with words and not swords as they need to know that following Sombra will lead only to the destructions of their homes, their friends and families. They need to realize a monster like that does not have the ability to love or care and if they wish to change the way their lands are ruled, it's best to do it without bloodshed."

• 3 weeks later...

Squall raised up from the couch when Fire started to further elaborate about Dunder. "I didn't had much success of pulling it out from him either." Swift admitted as he poured the orange juice into the glasses. "In a way he's both similar to and opposite of me I think. Blusty always has that...happy-go-lucky attitude on the outside, doesn't he?  He does things and means well but....has trouble expressing himself properly, his feelings about family included I believe. In the end he keep doubts, desires....everything bottled up until they pour out a make things worse not just for him but others as well." Unicorn didn't elaborated further on the problem. There was no need to. Fire had first hoof-experience with it after all. Probably the only time when Squall wanted to punch Dunder's head off.

On 21.03.2016 at 4:03 AM, tacobob said:
"Guess not all of us can be heroes all the time.", the mare added to his response about Fluttershy, "I sure as hay did not feel like one when that monster was chasing me about the outskirts of the Crystal Kingdom. I only wanted to get away and survive.", more not so great memories filled her mind, "When I run into any of Celestia's champions, I will have to ask them how they took down Sombra. I'm curious how one defeats a shadow."

"............." Squall couldn't find a response to that. They talked about this before. They both knew how Fire was hurt by this incident. Would he fare better if he was in her place back then? He wanted to say yes, but he wasn't really sure. In the end noblepony only muttered very quietly "...he's pathetic." those two simple word filled with more loathing then whole tirade would be.

On 21.03.2016 at 4:03 AM, tacobob said:

A wishful look appeared on her eyes as Swift spoke about 'WRAITH', "I do we will be able to stop them with words and not swords as they need to know that following Sombra will lead only to the destructions of their homes, their friends and families. They need to realize a monster like that does not have the ability to love or care and if they wish to change the way their lands are ruled, it's best to do it without bloodshed."

Swift listened carefully but in the end couldn't help but give joyless chuckle.

"Sombra? Oh Moto...." he started "The sorcerer is just a tool. A dangerous one, prone to bite the hoof that wield it, but a tool just the same. In his desires, his goals and pride are so transparent that it makes him very easy to be manipulated. WRAITH is leading him by the nose. I honestly doubt that they going to let him regain the throne in the end. If he was his living self that wouldn't be possible." Squall paused to sit down in the armchair and take sip fro his glass. "Allow me to elaborate Moto. As you know sorcerer isn't truly alive right now. He exist, persist but he's nothing more then just a shadow. I fought against similar - if significantly less powerful - being once and later studied the issue. Those shades are reflections of their living selves, usually being desperate, last-ditch attempts to avoid death. They linger on by using something as an anchor in the living word as well as their strongest personality traits to maintain their identity....well most of it." swordpony explained. He wasn't however finished as he continued on.

"Well there are many more detail about the procedure but that's not important. What matters is the fact that living sorcerer as a living....pony...was apparently devilishly intelligent, manipulative, savvy and had a lot of foresight. Such clever fiend wouldn't risk a frontal assault, especially since he was defeated not once but twice already. Unless he's playing a long game,  can only assume that the state he's currently in has eroded his mind. He's not as brilliant as he's used to be - I suspect memory problems as well."

Squall paused to take another sit. He knew what was next and his face too a stern expression.

"As for caribou....I have no sympathy for them. I am not so forgiving or kind as you Moto. Those of the species are on the side of High King explained this enough - those are renegades. I don't have love for a species as a whole. They are barbaric, especially their customs - and I don't believe that conditions of their homeland justify this. But those that are willing to talk at least show some standards. One's in Crystal Empire that day...did not. There was no pity, reason or remorse. Dark Magic was wielded by them, they assisted themselves with WRAITH and Sombra. The path that they choose was clear from the start, consequences when met with failure obvious and they still took it. The punishment will come to them and if that dooms their families...so be it. No mercy for merciless I say." Squall unwillingly turned his head towards the north, and his gave was unforgiving.

• 2 weeks later...
USG3AI7.png?1

Oh, how she did not wish to have brought up Dunder. While the whole mess with the ice unicorn was still an annoyance that continued to float around in the deepest pits of her mind like some bothersome bee, she still thought rather highly of the brown stallion. Fire Walker still considered him a good friend, and even sort of her ‘family.’ “I haven’t a clue.”, the mare added, “He might have ended up with the job after our little mission together. Maybe the good Prince recommended him to somepony? Heck, even my father could have said a few good words about the stallion. Dunders is a bit of a goof, but he’s got talent in a few rather useful things”

The red mare took a sip from her glass while the unicorn spoke.  As usual, her drink was really good. Fresh oranges, which were probably picked and cold pressed just a moment ago. Her Swifty only asked for the best. “I agree. While I believe some of our foes are worth embracing, something like that creature deserves to rot away in Tartarus till the end of time." Fire Walker had heard stories that the former ruler of the Crystal Kingdom was something called an Umbrum or a Shadow Pony. A powerful creature that could not be slain, at least by conventional means.

"Even a shadow can be deadly.", the mare sighed, "From what I've heard, his rage makes him powerful. Maybe not the smartest creature around, but a being of unbridled power and rage and can be a disastrous combination." the image of the oversized anthropomorphic wild pile of darkness would haunt the mare to her grave. "I could think of all the foes we have faced as a nation over the centuries. They all had their breaking point. When it seemed they were unstoppable, they were still defeated. And our foes in the past, have become our friends. The Caribou will be the same. But..."

She have the pony a grin, "Think this is all I can say about our foes...Maybe we should talk about something a tad bit more..er.", she tried to think of a word, "Positive.", that sounded about right. "What do you want to do next? I still have plenty of engergy for another round, if you wish?", she added with a wink. "Or whatever you want. I'm open for anything."

Archived