Sepulchers and New Paths (Closed)

Ciraxis

This was a cloudy day for Fillydelphia.

In more ways then one.

Only yesterday, was buried heir of the oldest bloodlines connected to the city. True, the family was in an 'exile' for a long, long time before this prodigal son returned to restore both it's ancient estate and reputation to glory. Perhaps he planned more, but it didn't mattered anymore, for through he succeed with the first task, and worked with dedication over the others, and plans he could have afterwards were cut short along with the hopes that Fillydelphia had for Squallcoast family.

Or so everypony was made to believe. They had to, as everything was planned for Equestia to react in such way. Even if it hurt, because possible alternative could be much worse. Some paths only started beneath the tombstone.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was only yesterday since Swift Squall of the House Squallcoast was buried in the grounds belonging to the family estate. The unicorn was very clear where his resting place were supposed to be - on the grassy hill, with single chestnut tree growing on top, sheltering the grave from the sun. One would expect something more impressive then simple headstone for such wealthy pony...but Squall preferred the things to be practical.

The grass around the resting place was already growing again, no doubt a small spell was cast to 'encourage' it to do so. If not for the cloudy weather it would be very picturesque.

The pony standing there could agree on that.

Wrapped in the dark cloak billowing on the wind, his face covered shadow casted by the hood, Swift Squall wondered how many ponies could say that they seen their own grave. And while unicorn knew it was just a....smokescreen, he couldn't help but wonder if 'something' of him was really buried here.

Identity? This was not the first time he made a new one for himself, noblepony had many names, much for stallion his age. Perhaps too much. Squall was not stranger to 'wearing the mask' , but it was first time under such circumstances....the first time he did so against himself...

Before his thoughts could turn to the darker note, his ears picked up a delicate sound. Not through the ground, it was to delicate for that. It was sound of the movement through the air.

The hooded unicorn turned his head slightly, catching the beloved sight of heartwarming crimson coat, mane and eyes.

"I thought that you would come...before I go."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o7omt1.jpg

Fire Walker hated every single bit of this plan.

She hated lying to her friends and family.

She hated the fact that she would be away from her beloved for so long.

Even with all the craziness that had sprung up around her life during the few months, she still had one thing that kept her grounded and feeling like a real, breathing person, and that was her relationship with her stallion, Swift Squall.  But for the moment, she would have to play a small role in his ‘death’. She had now been forced to play the part of the grieving fiancé. This was bad enough, especially with all of the rather unpleasant things that had happened to her over the last year. Her superiors in the R.E.A had taken note of this, and had gently assigned her to a rather lengthy paid ‘vacation’. This was something she did not wish to take, as it just gave her even more free time to mope and continue their ruse. At least in the R.E.A, she could have become lost in her work.

She knew her friends would give her enough time to ‘grieve’ before taking it upon themselves to find her another colt-friend. Would the former ones return? Her first serious suitor, Player One was living with his new wife and was expecting a child this summer. But how about Dunder? She would never feel comfortable lying to him. There was also her parents. She decided to simply be silent near the pair, as they would easily see through her ruse. Silent and grieving seemed to work so far. Her youngest sibling, Wind Walker had simply been told the truth. Swift had a very important job to do, and they all had to pretend that he was truly gone. Fire Walker did not even bother to lie to her. She knew her sister had been hit the hardest by the passing of their grandmother and the whole idea of telling her that Swift had passed would have been too much for her. Especially after she had finally grown close to the stallion. Wind was usually pretty good at keeping secrets.

Thankfully Fire Walker would soon be leaving Equestria as well. She would not have to waste her time with her act. Instead she would be traveling to Whitescar with a group of strangers to do, Celestia knows what. It wasn’t the actual mission she cared about, it was the fact that she was getting away for the time being. That was all she needed.

The red mare had been waiting at their 'spot' when the stallion arrived.

"Of course I would come...I just needed to see you before..". She managed to keep a straight face as she studied the clothing she had on. At least it wasn't his 'superhero' costume she had heard about. Her old friend Zelda had taken up a job that had involved Swift, a dragoness and a few other oddballs. Swift had worn a full costume and even taken up a dramatic voice to cover up his identity. The mare wanted to rush over and kiss her stallion, but were they being watched?  "Before you left. As you know, I'm not a fan of this whole thing, but since you believe that this needs to be done, I will not stand in your way."

"Belief....has nothing to do with it Moto." Squall started before pausing for a moment.

"Before this...this...event I was sure that my abilities would be sufficient. But now I see it was not enough. A became...self-satisfied. And rusty. Oh I know what You want to say, but despite that I keep asking myself 'How many others would be spared if I would be better?' or 'Was it enough?'." unicorn fell silent and for a moment only rustle of the leaves over their heads was heard.

"And then I realized that I...lack something. Back then at the Crystal Heart I felt something....a force....a Harmony. Did You felt it too Fire? All of those feelings...hope, courage, love and many more. When my...teacher tough me the way of the sword he said something opposite. That I should be like a frozen river. A wall on the outside, but flowing freely in the inside. Now...I not so sure anymore. He is not from Equestria, but I believe he still is somewhere out there on the continent." clocked stallion paused to catch his breath.

"I have to find him my Dear....to confront him, to see who is right. And perhaps to better myself. That was just another out of the many trials that our realm has before itself I fear."

"That formation that we joined...that EPIC. It supposed to be secret, but for how long? And I am...I am prime target. I always feared that sooner or later it will come to this. I became too famous, too important, and too troublesome to ignore. If WRAITH would found that I am part of it...they would want to get me, to pay me back. They would hurt our friends. They would hurt my family, Your family and...."

Squall head turned and beneath the hood, Fire for the first time could see fear in Swift's emerald eyes. Fear not for his own being, but fear for her.

"And that's why I needed to 'die' Moto. Equestria needs me...us, and as such it was the only way I could think of. And so I choose to became the phantom haunting the world. I have no delusions Fire, this ruse will not last. Our foes will find eventually who I am, no matter what mask I will take. But for the time being...for the time being you and other dear to me would be safer. And it's the most important thing for me."

Once again air was filled with a pregnant silence.

"Fire you were here yesterday....tell me how did they react about...me. Your family, our friends. Presteza, Dunder, Zelda...?" noblepony asked with hesitation in his voice.

o7omt1.jpg

In the past, Fire Walker assumed her favorite stallion was a little on the paranoid side due to his wealth, reputation and place in the upper echelon of high society.  There was always someone waiting in the shadows hoping to get a little of that wealth, at least in theory. But after the latest events, her view of the world had darkened just a bit. “I’m a trained peacekeeper.”, the mare whispered, “And I never felt so useless back during the Crystal Kingdom invasion. Those rebels were trained to fight to the death, and they were trotting over anyone and anything in sight. And here's me, silly little officer whose best weapon was supposed to be her words. Sturdy voice is the weapon of choice they would say. And we lost so many.", she shook her head sadly, "Maybe we lost so many because of ponies like me who weren't willing to step up and fight like a real warrior. These dark Caribou they did not stop when disarmed. They would have another weapon, or their mighty antlers, or even their hooves. They would only stop if you stopped them first.", she glanced down at the ground.

"I still don't know if I could take someone's life. For any reason. Does that make me weak?". She looked directly into Swift Squall's eyes, and if he looked, there were tears.

Ciraxis, on 22 Mar 2015 - 4:06 PM, said:

"Fire you were here yesterday....tell me how did they react about...me. Your family, our friends. Presteza, Dunder, Zelda...?" noblepony asked with hesitation in his voice.

"The funeral.", this would probably be the only chance she could ever be asked about an funeral by the guest of honor. "It was rather extravagant", she added, "My good friend Zelda was commissioned to make a statue that would be part of a proposed memorial park. But during and after.", she sighed, "They are all very worried about me. Especially after all that has happened....They worry so...I told them I was leaving for a bit. Did not tell them where, or what I was doing. This made them worry even more. Thankfully a few drinks at Muggo's and stories..Lots of stories.", a smile quickly creeped up onto her face, "Everypony was there...Pressey and her family...Dunder...who was being very Dunderish.", she decided to skip the bit where her former colt-friend tried to hit on her after a few drinks. The brown Pegasus pony was fast, tough and brave, but was a bit of a lightweight when it came to the drinks. "A few pitchers of Muggo's best always make things a little more manageable. But...", her smile died down, "How long do you think this will go on? I doubt my little 'mission' will be longer than a month....Just so worried how long it will be until I see you again..."

"......" Squall was silent as Fire laid down her doubts and sorrows. He knew those fears all too well, as he long ago gone through the same phase.

On 28.03.2015 at 8:00 AM, Tacobob said:

"I still don't know if I could take someone's life. For any reason. Does that make me weak?". She looked directly into Swift Squall's eyes, and if he looked, there were tears.

Before he said anything stallion gave his sweetheart a long, good hug.

"No. No, it does not Darling. This is one of the things that makes me love you so much. Your strong heart and moral code." Swift said before loosening his embrace a little to look at her face.

"But you must know, sometimes it's not a choice Moto. If you can call a decision between enemy life over yours or that of the innocent. In the end choice may be made not by you, but the circumstances." he said as he stroke her cheeks to wipe out the tears.

"When I...killed for the first time...I won't lie it wasn't pretty. Probably would be even more so if the one who forced my hoof wouldn't be a total monster. Unfortunately, killing is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it. I got my fair share, as a mercenary and in Unyasi. What you must know is to never do it out of hatred. I myself got close to doing so only once."

It was quite clear that Squall again referenced his final duel in Unyasi incident, and the line that he almost crossed. Probably that he almost did it out of sheer amout of enmity between him and Condotierrewas what was haunting him.

"I want to believe that I never killed anyone who wouldn't deserved it, even if it's not true. But those caribou back then....slaying other fighter is one thing, but they gone after civilians too. Don't pity them Darling, for ones like them don't deserve it. They speak about the honor but lack it. They speak about courage, but go after those who can't fight back. And they made their choices and they will answer for it. Only those should kill who are prepared to get killed, and the stepped over that line." nobelpony words were filled with...conviction. Swift gazed at the tombstone down at their hooves.

"Do not pity the dead, Fire. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love. Out greatest mission is to make those without it, have time to find it."

"The funeral.", this would probably be the only chance she could ever be asked about an funeral by the guest of honor. "It was rather extravagant", she added, "My good friend Zelda was commissioned to make a statue that would be part of a proposed memorial park. "

"....If those will get approved, it will be so awkward to remove it when I go back." even in such serious conversation, Squall managed to find some humor to lighten the mood.

"How long do you think this will go on? I doubt my little 'mission' will be longer than a month....Just so worried how long it will be until I see you again..."

"Fire...it's not that we won't see each other. I may be forced to assume...a cover identity but we could still be together. We can meet in secret too, and we will serve in the same formation. And it's not like this masquerade will last forever." he gazed into her eyes and for the first time since a week smiled.

"We both quite strong....three or four months is nothing for our love. Let's use this time to get yet stronger....together. For us, Equestria and the future. Let's go to manor. We may be going away tomorrow but today...today is just for us."

As the two embraced, Fire Walker held her stallion rather tightly before backing out of the hug. She quickly wiped away her tears, “My other problem is magic.”, she stated rather bluntly. “Well, not magic in general, but who knows if the opponent you are facing is doing so by their own free will? I was concerned about the Caribou, knowing that they were with Sombra, who I’ve been told that when he was alive, he was considered one of the greatest unicorn wizards to ever live, and he did focus his spells later on to enhance his ability to enslave his own people. And don’t get me wrong, I’ve killed before, but never an pony. Dunder and I had gave aid to an farmer outside of Ponyville. He had been attacked by an manticore that had been driven mad by hunger. He managed to drive the beast away from his farm, but it was heading straight to town, so we gave chase and were able to stop the poor creature. I tried everything, but in the end we had to put it down.”, she let out a weary sigh. She considered that to be one of the worst days of her life. Thankfully, Dunder managed to make things better by just being Dunder.

The mare’s mood was lifted after Swift’s little joke. She managed to squeak out a smile, “I could just have Zelda chisel off the ‘memorial’ and we’ll still have a cute little park which honored the stallion who paid a good deal of money to have it built.”, she added with a wink, “But seriously, I doubt my family would freak out too much, as I’ve know my father has done a few secret missions over the years. He never had to fake his own death, but we were just told he was going on a camping trip with his friends. He even managed bring back a few gifts back as well.” The red mare still owned an snow-globe from every major city in Equestria and a few in other lands. They were all boxed up in a brand new storage place she had rented off in Fillydelphia. The mare had considered either selling them or giving them away, but could never bring herself to do so.

Her heart did sink a little as her stallion gave an actual estimate in months on how long they would be separated, “Seriously? Three or four months? I like the idea of us meeting in secret, but we’ll have to have a little bit of fun back at the mansion, just incase you’re delayed...I’ll give you something you can remember me during those cold and lonely nights.”, she grinned back at the stallion as they made their way back to his home. “Might want to use the back entrance...”, she quickly added, “To your mansion..Or I’m assuming, with you being a big of a geek, you probably have an hidden entrance in some sort of cave, or statue?”

20t2rn4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As the two embraced, Fire Walker held her stallion rather tightly before backing out of the hug. She quickly wiped away her tears, “My other problem is magic.”, she stated rather bluntly. “Well, not magic in general, but who knows if the opponent you are facing is doing so by their own free will?”,

"I don't know about yours perspective, but if I were to speak from experience it's something that you just know." Squall said. Upon seeing a puzzled look on the mares face he elaborated further.

"Yes, I fought possessed by dark magic before. There was one evil shaman I faced back at the beginning of my mercenary career. His name doesn't matter but he used similar power for others to do his bidding. Those under his control were almost undifferentiable from others. Almost. Sometimes it's good to trust your instincts."

The mare’s mood was lifted after Swift’s little joke. She managed to squeak out a smile, “I could just have Zelda chisel off the ‘memorial’ and we’ll still have a cute little park which honored the stallion who paid a good deal of money to have it built.”

"That....doesn't sound that bad." unicorn admitted. Right now green parts of the mansion grounds resembled more of the jungle then anything else. Probably because no gardener wanted to work in Squallcoast Manor, with all talks of mansion being haunted and all. Of course the stories were correct ans manor had it's own resident ghost, however many didn't thought that not all spirits belonged to criminals or other...more unpleasant ponies.

“But seriously, I doubt my family would freak out too much, as I’ve know my father has done a few secret missions over the years. He never had to fake his own death, but we were just told he was going on a camping trip with his friends. He even managed bring back a few gifts back as well.” The red mare still owned an snow-globe from every major city in Equestria and a few in other lands. They were all boxed up in a brand new storage place she had rented off in Fillydelphia. The mare had considered either selling them or giving them away, but could never bring herself to do so.

"I too have a habit of stashing things found during my journeys, although not many were compact size to be a good gifts."

Most often then not, Squall found himself coming back home with much more armaments when he took on the trip. Squall tended to travel to places where there was many many bad guys and some way or other, he tended to relive them from their weaponry and whatever magical artifacts they had. He could destroy those, sure, but it would be the shame to do so, and he couldn't leave it with those ruffians either. As such Squalcoast Manor over time became the biggest accumulation of weaponry in the Strand. Noblepony was pretty sure he could arm every citizen in Fillydelphia if such need - as improbable as it was - raised.

“Seriously? Three or four months? I like the idea of us meeting in secret, but we’ll have to have a little bit of fun back at the mansion, just incase you’re delayed...I’ll give you something you can remember me during those cold and lonely nights.”, she grinned back at the stallion as they made their way back to his home.

"Well we can, if we happen to be in the city at the same time." it was stallions turn to give a sigh.

"But don't worry. When I think of you, no night is cold." Swift blushed a little under the black hood. "Although I don't mind making a few more....memories."

“Might want to use the back entrance...”

"Whoa, easy, I am not experienced with this, let's first get to the be..." unicorn said.....

“To your mansion..Or I’m assuming, with you being a big of a geek, you probably have an hidden entrance in some sort of cave, or statue?”

....before realizing what crimson mare really meant.

"Oh...that. Well yes, yes I have. But it wasn't built by me really. Remember, it's ancient household of my family. I just cleaned up and made some improvements. You know me so well already. You dangerous Moto." he said with a smile as they walked downhill. He mumbled under his nose about being called a geek as well but he wasn't really all that irritated about it. The pair arrived to something that with some good will could be called rock garden, although it was obvious that if any of these stone where brought here, it was done centuries ago. Squall almost nonchalantly pulled towards himself a granite pillar. Apparently rock formation was just disguised lever of sorts. And lo and behold, the biggest rock opened up just wide enough for adult pony to squeeze through, to show tunnel sloping downwards and towards the mansion.

"Normally I would say ladies first, but considering attractions inside we make exception this time." said the swordpony, before disappearing inside.

244of1i.jpg

Fire Walker made sure to pull her blue hood up as the pair grew closer to the stallion's mansion. Oh how she loved her cloak! Her grandmother made one for her when she was little, and also one for her mother, which Fire currently wore. The mare believed her grandma was at her side when she wore the beloved and very comfortable silk cloak, which had an detachable hood. She noted the grounds of his manor looked a bit on the muddled side. Thankfully they were taking another route, or they would probably end up covered in sticker burrs. Fire Walker tried her very best to keep from breaking out in laughter as her colt-friend misunderstood what she had said. "Good gravy.", she whispered, "I'm a horrible, horrible little pony. Corrupting such an honorable and innocent fellow.", she snorted, "Of course if you were that innocent, you would have never even assumed what I was saying, was something else.."

The red mare couldn't help but chuckle as Swift lead her to the spot where the super-secret-Swift-Spot was at. "I know you didn't build this place, but like you said, you made some improvements. And I'm a bit of a geek as well.", she managed to catch his mumble, "If you're willing to wait in line for hours to get a book signed by A.K. Yearling, like Wind and I did awhile back, you gots to be geek.", she was still way beyond certain ponies in her 'geekery' like Pathfinder and Pocket Change.

She patiently waited for the entrance to reveal itself and followed her trusty stallion into the darkness once it did...

• 2 weeks later...

"There's nothing horrible about you Moto, no matter what I believe." Squall said with conviction, even through he knew that the mare said this in joking context. "And if that all corruptions would be as such, the world would be much nicer place. If a little...naughtier." Swift added with a blush.

It was funny how much one could say about the thing without naming it. Truly one can carry metaphor very very far.  "And besides it is indeed your fault. It was you who thought me all about this...stuff." with this words Squall shut up, not really wishing to continue the topic....until evening that is. They were much more pressing matters to attend right now, and Swift needed all the blood for his head.

"If something requires lines, I rather pass." Swift shrugged. He decided it would be better not to mention his collection of figurines for the time being.

As the pair move through the tunnel, it was hard to say if it was natural or pony made. The rock was so worn out that any traces of work would be gone. No doubt because of the water as passage was as damp as it was dark - save for the magical light that Swift's horn produced.

"Take a look Fire." unicorn said to his mare friend, pointing at one crack. It wasn't looking much different then the others, save for the distinguishing shape, forming the letter 'F'.

"This is the keyhole. Before we part ways I will give you one of the keys to it, making you...hmm the third pony with access to it."

With this words Swift pulled out after mentioned key from his pocket, before sliding it into unusual lock. The rock wall moved slightly backwards, before sliding to the side, not unlike one to the surface. If mare's spatial imagination was correct, this new tunel should lead straight under the Squallcoast Manor.

Again they started to walk forward, and as they move forward the new sound started to come to their ears. It was a sound of water, but not the usual dripping of the droplets. No, it was completely different amount. Something much...grander.

"On' said the stallion, and with that words the tunnel was illuminated by magical crystal lamps at the ceiling. Tunnel and now visible exit.

The young pair emerged from the passage and incredible sight met Fire's eyes.

They were standing in truly enormous cavern, or rather on the one of the metallic platforms attached to it's walls, bedroom sized stalactites and stalagmites and few horizontal surfaces. In the walls themselves were many holes, no doubt tunnels leading to storages housing other wonders. If crimson mare wouldn't be sure to call Squall a geek she would be now. This looked like a superhero headquarters but much more...grander. And picturesque. Heck there were even underground river, lake and waterfall in one place!

"When I found this place it was in heavy state of disrepair. I managed to hire the staff to clear most of the debris over the excuse of renovating manor's foundations. The other equipment I had to add myself, both with my own magic and magical wands for aid. There is still many rooms that my ancestors sealed that I had no entry yet, but as you can see Moto, I manage." said the noblepony, with a hint of pride in his voice.

Fire Walker followed Swift as they entered what she really wanted to refer to as the ‘Swift-Cave’ or ‘Squall-Pit’. She kept close and her tail managed to find itself over his back, as if she did not want to let him go. The mare nodded silently as he spoke of key. And while she probably would avoid going to the house while he was gone, it was an awfully nice gesture. Once the super-secret door was open, and they were ready to move on, the Pegasus trotted on. “This reminds me of the underground network of caves they discovered under the castle in Canterlot. Lots of old tunnels they once used to mine rather potent magical crystals.”

Her very special stallion’s caves were a good deal nicer, and she took a quick interest in the waterfall. “The old place in Canterlot had a similar cavern underneath as well.”, she added while taking in the view, “Not as nice, but originally the old, big houses in the older neighborhoods tended to have access to the underground incase of an attack. Thankfully they were never used for their real purpose. Father ended up using ours for a natural wine cellar and training grounds.”

Once the whole magnificence and splendor of the lair had passed, the mare spoke up, “Pretty impressive stallion-cave you have here.”, she added with a friendly chuckle as she leaned into the pony, “Is there anything else you wish to show me?”

244of1i.jpg

Squall keep giving Fire glances from time to time. But when he showed her the cave...well...

"You were...kind of expecting something like this aren't you?" unicorn asked in a deadpan tone.

"Maybe you hang out around caves a lot Moto? Or you have Areion down the family line perhaps?" he teased the mare.

"And speaking of Canterlot and it's caves, I build hideout similar to this one under city as well." Swift revealed, almost nonchalantly.

“Is there anything else you wish to show me?”

"Well...not really. We can very well mov..." Squall started, but was interuted by sudden arrival of his trusted butler.

Oak Branch appeared like a ghost, stepping out of the darkness. Like a certain Mrs.Knobbuckle he apparently possessed ability to move without being seen. Squall who considered himself stealthy wondered if after certain threshold, all elderly ponies became like ninjas.

"Good day Master Squall. Good day Mistress Fire. I hope you are well considering the circumstances?" asked the butler. The question was directed more towards the Fire then the Squall.

"Seeing that...Young Master is forced to leave tomorrow for unspecified amount of time I really hate to cup from that short amount of time left but....I managed to gain access to new room Young Master."

At that words, a familiar ghost passed through the wall smiling and waving at the lovebirds.

"With no spell help from Mr. Bubble that is." Earth Pony quickly added.

"I assume that's...unusual?" asked the noblepony. This wasn't the first room left by his ancestors that was unearthed. There were some that contained treasure. Others were filled with book or weaponry. But hearing the tone of the Oak Branch what was discovered now was apparently special.

"You're not wrong Master Squall. Please follow me."

And so the pair walked after the older pony. The walk wasn't long as moment later they stand before large metal door. It itself was already unusual. They already passed near other ancient doorways, that was decorated with plant motifs. This one was different. The sculptured decorations pictured the feathers, the cascades of plumage framing the borders of the door. In the center was large round emblem, and inside of it the bas-relief of winged serpent fighting the lion.

"That's...my family coat of arms." said the Squall before pushing the gate. It opened surprisingly lightly and quietly, to show very large room.

Straight before the was a stone pedestal, on which in turn rested a stone tablet. But that paled in compassion what was standing on the side. Six massive armors, so large that they were four times larger then ordinary pony were keeping watch. Three on the left, and three on the right, each of them with right leg resting on hilt of gargantuan sword.

"Well...that's new. I don't remember our family being that of the giants." said the swordpony with surprisingly little amazement in his voice.

The armors themselves appeared to be made from strange dark blue metal. It was anypony guess what alloy it could be but even in the dark, there wasn't even hint of rust on them.

Not intimidated by the sinister looking guardians Squall walked straight towards the tablet.

"I can read this." said the unicorn with a slight surprise. "It's Old Unicornian. Give me a moment, those letters are slightly worn-away."

His lips started to wordlessly moving as he translated the strange massage.

"It's....a short sentence. It repeats six times....seemingly for each of those armors." Swift gazed at the tabled before speaking again.

"We arise only to protect Squallcoast greatest treasure." he read aloud.

244of1i.jpg

“Used to train with one of the...er.”, she paused to think of the proper word, “Bat-Pegasus ponies..eh? Does that sound right? A sweet gal named Ember trained me how to use my punch-daggers. “, she glanced around at the impressive caverns as she spoke, “We used to train underground in her ‘lair’ and I even learned how to fight in total darkness. It was easy for Ember, since her kind can basically see in the dark. And I also learned how to fight well in close quarters, something I ended up doing during my little job for a certain prince not that long ago." She couldn't help but grin at all what she had seen so far. If all the stallions she knew suddenly were granted a horde of bits, they'd probably want to set up a really cool underground lair, along with anything they might have missed as colts.

Ciraxis, on 10 May 2015 - 6:24 PM, said:
"Good day Master Squall. Good day Mistress Fire. I hope you are well considering the circumstances?" asked the butler. The question was directed more towards the Fire then the Squall.

"Hello there Mister Oak Branch.", Fire Walker could not remember when she had spoken to Swift's trusted butler. She couldn't but be a little confused about his 'finding a new room'. Had this room been hidden? She silently followed the pair, making sure to admire the ancient craftwork as she did.  "Wow.", she eyeballed the armor once it was discovered, "Maybe you have Clydesdales in your family? I remember running into a pair during a convention I attended for the R.E.A a few years ago. That armor looked like it could fit...Maybe?", she shrugged her shoulders, "As for the armor itself, there's an old process they might have used to keep it from rusting called 'Rust bluing', which protected the metal, but turned it blue."

She returned to silence as the unicorn translated and read the tome. Once he was finished, the mare threw a few suggestions his way. "Wow, that was rather cryptic.", she muttered, "Place almost reminds me of the underground temple I once came across with a few R.E.A officers I had been training with. Except that place had more bones and was a good deal creepier..", she shivered a little bit as she recalled the underground crypt that they discovered. She later heard the place was sealed up for good.

"Hmmmm.", she pondered this for a moment, "What is your family's greatest treasure? Normally in old families, it wasn't the wealth or estate, but the bloodline.", she dryly stated, "Money came and went, but the old families fought hard to keep their family trees the way they wanted. My family, back in the days accepted only sturdy Pegasus ponies who proved honorable and brave. Some said it was easier to get into the Equestria Games than to join my String. Thankfully, the old rules and standards have vanished over the last few generations, and we're free to marry whoever we wish."

She studied the figures for a moment, trying her best to see if she could guess where they had been made, "And if it's the bloodline, maybe these armored figures would come 'alive' to protect you if some pony was crazy enough to attack you..'course, they'd have to wait in line,"

Squall listened about Fire's carefully spelunking experiences, only opening his mouth to throw "...Areion" at vital points. That was the name of the species....or rather subspecies. After all, in the end they all were ponies...even their water loving and so secretive cousins. Squall couldn't help but wonder how much prosperous seaside cities like Roam, Fillydelphia and Manehattan could be if aquatic ponies could overcome their nomadic nature and join their air and land traveling relatives. What a wondrous metropolises could they be! Sprawling across sky land and underwater, cities to overshadow all other cities.

"Wow.", she eyeballed the armor once it was discovered, "Maybe you have Clydesdales in your family? I remember running into a pair during a convention I attended for the R.E.A a few years ago. That armor looked like it could fit...Maybe?", she shrugged her shoulders.

"I do not Moto." he replied with certainty in his voice "Many family records were lost in Great Fillydelphia Blaze but thankfully those about our ancestry were not. If there would be sompony you know that I related to, it would be Presteza." seeing his marefriend reaction he quickly added.

"Surprised? You shouldn't be. All noble families are related to each other more or less. In Prettzy family case I think it would be less. We had our last common ancestor 350 years ago. I can't even call her cousin, and her family isn't accounted in case of fortune inheritance. As such it's pretty much only trivia knowledge. I wouldn't be astonished if Pretzy wouldn't knew about it at all." unicorn shrugged.

"Of course things are not so simple Fire. That's is lot of history and honestly pretty boring too. I doubt you would want to sit through whole thing. Especially in the cave."

"As for the armor itself, there's an old process they might have used to keep it from rusting called 'Rust bluing', which protected the metal, but turned it blue."

"Sure look like it..." he admitted before leaning towards and boldly knocking at the greave as if it was a door.

"...but doesn't sound like it. If you listen towards rust blues armor, besides the standard metallic sound it also gives a delicate tinkle.  Like two icicles hitting against each other. This one..." he repeated the knocking, perking his ears up for better hearing. The armor beared with that treatment stockily.

"...does not. Honestly I have no idea what's they made off, and I seen a lot." he eyed the metal colossus before them.

"Well maybe some...experts could enlighten us but for obvious reasons I not to keen to invite them. Not to mention explaining how I got my hoof on those and being alive an all." facing death or not, Swift didn't forgot to turn his sarcasm mode on.

"We can blame it on very intensive case of rigor mortis Master Squall." Oak Branch wasn't a slouch either in being snarky, and for once, noblepony didn't had a ready retort. He didn't seemed to mind however. Apparently the two enjoyed being smart-pants at each other.

"Let's just leave them here. Cryptic or not they apparently would not cause trouble, rather solve it. And I can go by without six metal bodyguards. Unless that's King Sombra or somepony else of that caliber, I can deal with it on my own." swordpony expressed his opinion with dismissive wave of the hoof.

"Well then, upstairs? Cave are nice and all but..." he asked while waving invitingly towards what apparently was stair to the manor.

"Areion?", the red mare shrugged her shoulders, "Never heard of that before. Guess I could have asked Sergeant Ember what was the proper term for her sub-species, but then it would have been rather awkward.", she studied the old armor with great interest and only stopped when Swift mentioned that he was related to her old friend. "Guess that makes sense. Probably most can trace their roots back to the original founders of Equestria. From what I've been told, we can trace our family all the way down to a pony was just a humble follower of Commander Hurricane. Nopony special, just a dependable and hardy solider, and we've been that ever since."

She stepped away from the armored 'guards' and turned her attention back to the stallion, "When I was a little filly, I hoped that, when we were older, that Miss Presteza would end up marrying one of my brothers, and then we'd be sisters.", she let out a sigh, "Considering some of my brothers, I'm happy this never happened. And I have a feeling that her family probably wants her to stay with noble-blood. Thankfully, I ended up with a little sister of my own. Little blue fuzzball sure turned my life around."

The armor continued to interest her, along with the fact that there was a chance that they could be activated and spring into a form of life the moment Swift Squall's life was in danger. "I just wonder if there's a range to these things, considering all the times that you and I have gotten into some rather tough scraps, and these things never showed up to lend us an armored hoof.", she scooted away from the impressive displays of old warfare, "Maybe they knew that If I was at your side, your life would never be in danger."

When the offer to go 'up' was offered, the red mare could not refuse it. "Please go ahead and take the lead. I'll just keep back and enjoy the view.", Fire Walker knew she would soon be without the stallion for a obscenely long time, so she had to have a little fun with him.

244of1i.jpg

"That is the proper term." replied the Squall, with all the confidence that higher education could give.

"I am not surprised you didn't knew Moto. Until few years ago they weren't exactly a common sight. The Banishment hurt them more then other ponies. I guess that Luna return was celebrated even more gleefully amongst their colonies then in the capital itself. She is their patron after all."

"Guess that makes sense. Probably most can trace their roots back to the original founders of Equestria. From what I've been told, we can trace our family all the way down to a pony was just a humble follower of Commander Hurricane. Nopony special, just a dependable and hardy solider, and we've been that ever since."

"You are correct. I myself could trace my own lineage all the way back to the Platinas Dynasty. But of course there is more in the family then just famous ancestors." Swift confirmed that his own family ws one of those 'most' that Fire mentioned.

"When I was a little filly, I hoped that, when we were older, that Miss Presteza would end up marrying one of my brothers, and then we'd be sisters.", she let out a sigh, "Considering some of my brothers, I'm happy this never happened. And I have a feeling that her family probably wants her to stay with noble-blood."

This time Squall smiled first in response.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." he said in cheerful tone. "Remember with who her mother ended up tying the knot. It's true that all noble families are related but that's the whole story." swordpony paused and nodded.

"Most of nobles pretend such thing doesn't happen but we have to marry into the common folk. Uhhh I loathe the term." the unicorn made a grimace "Anyway, if aristocracy would keep wedding between themselves exclusively we would end up as fossils in museum due to inbreeding."

At this pint Squall ended up smiling up again "...And so to avoid turning into fossils nobles marry...or use 'help' to get some fresh blood into family line. Many families can't bear to acknowledge this so they pretend that doesn't happen...for all good it does to their pride." he shrugged.

"Of course my own, Presteza's and some other clans decided to cast away that idiotic masquerade. That's was a secret known by everyone so why not be honest about it?"

The armor continued to interest her, along with the fact that there was a chance that they could be activated and spring into a form of life the moment Swift Squall's life was in danger. "I just wonder if there's a range to these things, considering all the times that you and I have gotten into some rather tough scraps, and these things never showed up to lend us an armored hoof."

"Probably no further then the manor grounds. Such guardians tend to be powerful but that comes with limited range. It has to be active malice too. When I fell into the hole back when we first met it was an accident so they did nothing." Swift theorized.

"That and several tons of rock blocking the door. That usually is problematic." stallion quickly added with snarky tone.

When the offer to go 'up' was offered, the red mare could not refuse it. "Please go ahead and take the lead. I'll just keep back and enjoy the view.", Fire Walker knew she would soon be without the stallion for a obscenely long time, so she had to have a little fun with him.

"My my.Aren't somepony feisty today? If you so desperate maybe I should put 'watch but don't touch' policy into effect today." he teased back the crimson mare. But a second later he gave a chuckle.

"Just kidding. Now then, hurry up, I need your help with something."

Climbing up didn't take too long. After the pair was back at the ground level, Fire could notice black curtains blocking view from every window in sight.

"Those are here because of bereavement. Every single one of the windows in the manor is covered right now....which is good since nopony could see I am not really six hooves under."

20t2rn4.jpg

“Yes, Duchess Silver Belle married Bastion Trundle, a rather wealthy fellow if I recall. Never asked about his bloodline though.", Fire Walker added, "As for my brothers, it's not they're not nobleponies, that makes me not want her to marry any of them, it's just that they're all pains in the rump.", the mare chuckled, "One of these days you'll end of meeting the rest of them. One of these days.", she was still worried about her old friend. They had not spoken since she ran into the unicorn at a little bar, which she was pretty sure was just somepony's home in Ponyville. How she behaved had troubled the red mare. She did agree with the stallion about the whole inbreeding thing, as one usually ended up with some pretty odd looking ponies.*

Climbing up didn't take too long. After the pair was back at the ground level, Fire could notice black curtains blocking view from every window in sight.

"Those are here because of bereavement. Every single one of the windows in the manor is covered right now....which is good since nopony could see I am not really six hooves under."

"I wonder if you could find a way to have those two follow you about like bodyguards.", the mare mused as they slowly made their way upstairs, "Would be useful", she noted the black curtains as they made their way through the old mansion. "So, what sort of help do you need?", she asked as they moved on....

*case in point..

2ika5wy.jpg

"No Moto, he was not wealthy at all. Not rags level poor but not rich either. Neither of the noble linage. From what my mother told me, Lady Belle married him out of love. Which for me proves whet I came to believe. It matters not what or who you are born, it's your choices that shape you into being you are."

Squall was quick to enlighten his love about Belle family choices of marriage, as well as adding some of his world-view.

But during his rambling he noticed that his sweetheart seemed kind of worried. After all this time, the learned to read each other pretty well so Swift had quite clear idea what was inside Fire's head.

"You worried about her. Maybe you should seek her out after tomorrow and see what's wrong. What we getting into may not leave us with lot of free time, so do it while you can." noblepony laid out some advice.

"I wonder if you could find a way to have those two follow you about like bodyguards.", the mare mused as they slowly made their way upstairs, "Would be useful"

"I...don't think breaking the set would work." Swift knitted his eyebrows, as he recalled that there were six meta sentinels underground.

"And seeing I will have to lay low, having two huge animated armors with me would be exact opposite from avoiding attention." unicorn gently shoot her idea down. Now they were walking through the mansion corridor. Swift austere ancestors glared at the pair from the paintings, and on the ones they were not present, instead it was depicted some famous battles. It appears that Squall didn't shared his parents taste for abstract art. The room they entered was obviously a library.

"Now about this help....Oak could you?" Swift asked.

"I have it right here Master Squall." butler answered, passing the unicorn noble a large jar of...gel? Jelly? Balm? Whatever it was it was half transparent and glittered prettily. Also the jar's nut was made of gold. It clearly was some expensive stuff.

"I would leave you two alone. I wish you good time." said Oak Branch before slipping out of the room.

"Alright..." said the unicorn to his marefriend, before he started to take off the black robes that was enveloping him. Not before long the only piece of clothing on the swordpony was the ribbon that was holding his very long mane into the ponytail. "...I need you to use it on me Moto." Swift said while putting his hoof on the jar.

20t2rn4.jpg

"Maybe not wealthy when compared to some ponies we know.", she gave her stallion a wink. This was not the time or place to debate the pre-married fortunes of Bastion Trundle. Actually, it was probably never the time to do so. "Actually, Pressy knows I'm leaving town. Told them all that I needed to get away and spend some quality time on a proper mission of sorts. Clear my head. Clobber a few evil doers. Meet some new friends and even enjoy a few exotic beverages.", the red mare continued to follow the stallion as they spoke. "Once things have righted themselves and you can 'live' again, we'll need to do something fun, with everypony. Just avoid any sort of cruises though."

She glanced around the library once they entered it. There was so much to see, but she decided to keep her eyes on Swift Squall, and even the jar....Which he wanted her to use on him. "Urm.", she started to turn a little red and nearly knocked over what would probably be worth an entire year's paycheck with her wings who decided to spring lose, "Don't mind me.." Thankfully her errant wings found their proper place and nothing was damaged.

"Right. Gonna do this and not make any silly remarks.", she took the jar and opened it. "Probably would have done this in a bath or bedroom.", she dabbed a hooful of the strange gel and started to apply it to the stallion, "You are going to tell me what this is. What it does. And if there are any places you don't want this on, better tell me."

OOC: If Swift gives her something to apply it with, she'll use that instead of her hooves

Noblepony nodded when Fire explained that he already meet with their shared friend.

"Probably for the best. It is the most important that real events and EPIC operations remain hidden as long as possible."

"Once things have righted themselves and you can 'live' again, we'll need to do something fun, with everypony. Just avoid any sort of cruises though."

"Can't promise that. We can very well be given order to board one. At least we already have some experience."

Oh. Was Fire into...that sort of thing. Squall couldn't help but smirked mischievously upon seeing the mare reaction. He needs to keep it in mind. If he wasn't wrong he had a full cannister of whipped cream in the fridge...

"Can't do. I always have you on my mind." unicorn was quick with his compliment. One that wasn't that far from the truth.

"Right. Gonna do this and not make any silly remarks.", she took the jar and opened it.

"Too bad. I like your silly remarks." stallion playfully added before turning serious.

"And neither of those would do. You need 100% vision." he informed her before jumping on the reading couch. Squall lied down on it, before making half-roll, presenting Fire his horribly scarred back.

"You have to apply it...here Moto. And everywhere else where I got marks from battles."

Upon seeing that pegasus mare started realizing what it was all about, he offered explanation.

"The scars are...very distinguishing features. Even when I will mask my natural colors, cutie mark and voice - one look upon those would betray who I really am. So they have to go. For good." Swift added. From his voice it was clear he had mixed feelings about this.

20t2rn4.jpg

"Well...", the mare already started to get a few ideas in her head, "I always wanted to go to the Gallopocus. Heard nothing but wonderful stories about the islands. I also tend to run into this sweet mare that hails from there from time to time. I believe she's a traveling bartender. Lovely girl. Gets around. Probably has mustang blood in her.", Fire Walker glanced down at the exquisite as she spoke and already, she started to miss her old home. Generations and generations of her family had grown up in the old manor, and now they were all scattered around Equestria. She let out a sigh before entering the next room...

While her colt-friend seemed to be somewhat proud of his scars, the mare was never a fan. The two were both in the same world, but his seemed to be filled with villains,  sword battles and dangerous missions. While she did have a few interesting adventures as of lately, her biggest concerns wee generally of the more mundane matters. Working on her training schedules. Making sure all new recruit paperwork was correct, and there was also the mess with the post office. She could never figure out why changing one's mailing address was such a pain. Where did he get all of these from? These scars? She was very happy to see them go. While they were idea for bragging at the local tavern, they just looked horrible, and would only get worse with age.

She was curious to see what sort of healing salve this was. Would the scars just vanish into thin air? Or would they simply dry the old tissue and cause it to break off, leaving healthy skin behind? Yeck!

The mare started to apply the balm to the more severe of the stallion's scaring. "This mission of yours....I wonder...will you be going as Emerald Flash?"

"It is....a lovely place to see...ahhh....warm." stallion winced a little at the unexpected surge of pain. He quickly however put a straight face. First of all, no wonder it hurt a little. Years ago a unyasian manticore almost tore off his back. And while he barely survived that one, it left him with those horrible scars. His coat was not growing there even since. Compare to this, the little stings he felt were nothing - to him, pain was an old friend. Swift suspected that beasts treatment destroyed some of his nerve receptors.

The other wounds were never that severe. The scars left from them were covered the sea of orange, and only the fact that hair grown into strange directions betrayed their presence. Not that they weren't having a history. They did, every single one of them had a story to tell...but...

Stallion glanced back, observing ministrations of his sweetheart.

"....I don't need them anymore." he decided before resting his head on the pillow, trusting himself to the Fire hooves.

And soon, it became hot. Very, very hot. Not in air, or on the body. No, the only parts he felt very intense warmth were the scars themselves.

"By Harmony...it's like Great Desert all over again." he recalled the time when he was frying under Saddle Arabian sun years ago. The droplets of sweat started to appear on his temple.

As it turns out, it was very fitting comparison. Something glittering started to sprinkle around crimson mare hooves, thorough the orange coat and down to the couch and the floor.

Dust! Or rather gold dust probably, as the Squall scars were glittering with that color, as they transformed into the shining sand.

The mare started to apply the balm to the more severe of the stallion's scaring. "This mission of yours....I wonder...will you be going as Emerald Flash?"

"It....doesn't matter....what name I will be using." unicorn answered between panting. "First the training...and after that....it doesn't matter. I wore masks before. A new one, an old one....doesn't matter. What matters is the intention."

244of1i.jpg

Fire Walker stopped for just a moment as the stallion winced in pain. “This is why you need to take care of these things right away. When not healed properly, your scarred skin is far more likely to be reinjured than your healthy tissue.”, once she was sure Swift Squall would be alright, she continued with the healing salve. “Once this stuff starts to work, you’ll feel stronger, healthier, like a billion bits!” The red mare cringed as she noticed more than one section was simply scar tissue that had grown over older damaged skin, “Sweet Celestia, what did you do to get this? Almost looks like an very old sunburn...Made your skin so fragile, and then it was pieced with something.”, she let out a sigh as this particular area received an extra dose of salve.

When she was a younger officer, she spent a good deal of time outside, on patrol, and one needed to be careful when working during the day. While Celestia’s sun provided so many wonderful things, as with anything, too much of it, could be bad. Thankfully, even the most basic of R.E.A armor contained simple enchantments to keep its wearer protected from the environment. “Stuff seems to be working pretty well, more so than what I’m used to.”, she did not bother to ask the stallion knowing he probably acquired them from somepony who had access to the Zebras of the Unyasi. During her little adventure with Prince Blueblood, Dunder and Muggo' Ale, they had unfortunately all needed a good dose of the healing stuff after an encounter with griffon pirates.

"So...training, what will this involve?"

"Hard to take care of it 'right away' when you in the middle of the jungle, or hanging from the mountainside." he snarked.

"I have a couple of billion bits you know. I don't know if the fell any different from thousand or million. Who knows what coins or banknotes fell? For our knowledge every single one can have existential crisis." Squall started muttering. The heat that stallion felt really begun to get into his head, as he started talking gibberish.

“Sweet Celestia, what did you do to get this? Almost looks like an very old sunburn...Made your skin so fragile, and then it was pieced with something.”, she let out a sigh as this particular area received an extra dose of salve.

"Overall, on the right side, or the left one? The basis was formed when I was almost flayed by unyasi maticore but you know that part. The left side was later damaged when I fought against the great white shark while armed only with the knife. The right got burned by molten lava when I had a sword fight in the middle of Spider Cult volcano lair."

Heat or not, his memory still seemed to work, as he recalled origin of his wounds with great clarity.

"Come to think of it, if I would put together all the injuries I ever got, I would be dead ten times over." now Squall started to slip into creepy zone.

"So...training, what will this involve?"

"........"

Noblepony fell silent upon hearing this question. The quietness in the room didn't last long however.

"As I said, I wasn't good enough back in the Empire. I neglected my skills, fell into complacency and...well, here we are. If only I would be better maybe some of this, just a little..." unicorn words started to turn into whisper, as his guilt complex reminded about itself. But surprisingly...

"No....again I am too arrogant. Believing that everything stands on my shoulders. Yet the point stands. My skills declined, and there is an hidden, dangerous enemy that needs to be defeated. Whoever is this puppet master, our A-game will be needed to deal with him....or them. And 'the best' is not enough. As such I need to surpass myself." Swift continued his rant. Thankfully it appeared that he was done with it.

"I need to find my old teacher. The one whp I meet after leaving the army, the one who made me the swordpony I am now. There are still lessons to be learned. I just hope that three months of training before meeting in Saraneighvo would have effect."

Fire Walker bit her tounge as she wanted to say a few things. He should have always kept some sort of healing item with him at all times. Be it a potion, kit or even a few useful bandages. And if he could not get healing right away, he should have at least got help once he was able. And maybe he should learn maneuver in combat a little better? Even her father with all of his adventures and scraps over the years, and he did not look this bad. Hopefully this teacher of his would iron out of the weaknesses in his battle stance and teach him how to be a better defender. Maybe even a few lessons in magic shields would be useful. She almost envied her fellow R.E.A officers of the unicorn  persuasion. The more skilled unicorns could rely more on their will than physical strength to become nearly unstoppable warriors. They only needed to worry about keeping their concentration.

She did shiver a little as he mentioned lava. Was it possible? Wouldn't it have burned right through him? Again, she kept quiet, but decided on another route. "There, everything is set.", she sealed off the top of the potion, "Probably shouldn't bathe or shower for at least another hour. This is some pretty powerful stuff, but it still needs time to set. And once you do get clean, the water will only wash off the excess..And for the love of Celestia, please don't pick at anything. This stuff is 'itch-free', but you still may want to..Just don't! You'll only reinjure yourself...And I will make a promise."

She found a spot on his neck which apparently had either never been injured or had been properly and pointed it out. "I promise, when you come back from all that you're doing that is...I will kiss every bit of you that as healthy and unharmed as this bit here. And I'm not talking about little kisses, but more like this." she reached over at tenderly kissed her special stallion. Hopefully this will provide enough incentive to keep him in good shape for his adventure.

• 2 weeks later...

The intense heat that Squall was feeling in his skin slowly subsided as the medicine bugun working on cellular level. As such he started to think more clearly - clearly enough that he noticed Fire's shiver.

"Well, that worst ones I mostly got when I was vastly outnumbered. When I fought the Spider Cult it was two hundred fifteen too one....not at the same time of course, but it was hardly time where there were less then eight opponents at the same time and...." Swift words when he noticed that that sounded like lame excuse. Not to mention Fire wasn't fond of such topic anyway, with her silence only confirming this.

"Errrr...." he muttered not sure where to proceed.

"There, everything is set.", she sealed off the top of the potion, "Probably shouldn't bathe or shower for at least another hour."

Squall (carefully) stretched himself before gently picking up crimson mare with his magic and set her down so he could get up from the couch.

"Fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes is all that it will take." he assured her while walking towards one of the few desks in the room to pickup some important looking documents. While focused on that unicorn had enough split focus to address her worry "And don't worry Moto, I am more disciplined than that. I am...the rich colt with issues. But not that kind issues."

What was noticeable that golden dust continued to pour from the lubricated scar tissue, like from the broken hourglass. Apparently it was good thing.

She found a spot on his neck which apparently had either never been injured or had been properly and pointed it out. "I promise, when you come back from all that you're doing that is...I will kiss every bit of you that as healthy and unharmed as this bit here."

Squall smiled at his sweetheart gestures of affection, however he apparently was dead set on being a grumpy bear.

"Fire you shouldn't give a promises that you don't know when you will able to fulfill. Not that I am not looking forward..." he started but wasn't fated to finish.

"And I'm not talking about little kisses, but more like this." she reached over at tenderly kissed her special stallion. Hopefully this will provide enough incentive to keep himself in good shape for his adventure.

When Fire spun him around and locked her lips with his, stallions eyes got as big as platters and dropped the papers. She was kissing him! The 'love' broke inside of what was the room of his mind pummeled 'logic' and 'duty' before it tied them up and stuffed inside the closet. This was a rather impressive bit of smooching from the soldier-pony. Confident and tender, and she tasted like strawberries. Was that a gum? It didn't matter, what did was the fact it was mind freezing. Squall suddenly remembered that he needed to breathe. Still, he did not pull away, and instead let Fire Walker finish.

Once she backed away, the noblepony gasped,"Sweet Celestia Moto, you've taken my breath away." he said, while his orange coat did it best to rival her crimson with the blush that bloomed on his face and body. A couple of pink hearts popped from the tip of his horn too.

Archived