Pyromania (Open)

Monochrome

((Well, so far I haven't been successful in reviving my other rps, so how about a new one? I'll be using a new oc of mine, an earth pony based on the Pyro from Team Fortress 2: http://sparklebloomswirl.deviantart.com/art/Pyronies-510269690(bottom left)

With that, let's begin! Anybody is welcome. c: ))

Equestria holds many legends, fantastic stories of unknown places, mystery, and treasures... But also of unspeakable monsters. A legend of the last type particularly intrigued you, one that had been spreading fast lately. It was said that in the far corners of Equestria, a terrible creature had been ravaging small villages, leaving destruction in its wake and rarely showing a trace of emotion for it; but when it did show feelings, it seemed almost happy about its handiwork. It was described as being red and pony-like - it was said to look exactly like an earth pony, but there were others who insisted that this being was not a pony at all despite its appearance - with a gas mask and a strange device strapped to its side that spewed flames. It was said to have a frightening love of fire, and spread flames everywhere it went. You had recently heard that a village had apparently been burned to the ground, and there were many who claimed that this thing was to blame. Curious, you decided to check it out; it wouldn't be too long of a train ride to reach it. Soon, you were travelling, and eventually reached the smoldering ruins of the little town. It was completely destroyed. As you gazed around, you noticed something. There was a trail of hoofprints that went straight through the center of the road with no signs of their owner having stopped. Unlike the chaotic trails of messy hoofprints left by panicking villagers, these were perfectly paced as if the pony who had made them had casually walked through town in the midst of the madness. These hoofprints went straight through town and off into the distance.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((ooc: Come on, anyone? I was hoping to play this character for a while, and for a character like this I think it will be easier to fit him into my own rp than somebody else's.))

• 4 weeks later...

(Mind if I join? I'll use my OC Darky. http://www.canterlot.com/index.php?/topic/20610-Darkness-knight-and-Golden-Lightning

I'll start right now.)

Darky was in Canterlot, having a walk with Princess Luna when he heard the news of what happened. He decided to go an investigate what was going on.

He found the ruins of the town and some hoofprints, and started folowing then, windering where will they take him. All this was quite odd for him, who did this?! He had to get to the bottom of this. He had with him his sword and shield and followed the hoofprints.

((Alright, great! c: Glad somebody's finally joining~))

It wasn't long before Darky found himself at the entrance to a cave. The hoofprints continued on into the cave, so presumably the culprit was in there. Suddenly, he noticed something strange - it sounded like somebody was playing a guitar somewhere in the cave, and some muffled singing accompanied it. Venturing inside, he found the cave to be surprisingly warm, and it was even lit by a few small candles scattered about the cave floor. Somebody was definitely here. In the dim light of the candles, he could see that the cave's walls were covered in doodles and scrawlings that looked almost as if a foal had drawn them, as well as a few large burn marks. As he continued walking, the sounds of the guitar grew clearer, yet the singing remained too muffled to understand. He saw a light from ahead, one much brighter than the candles, and soon saw the source - a campfire, around which sat two ponies. One of them, a sturdy brown mare with a colorful mane, goggles around her neck, and a guitar in her lap (( http://lobsterpolice.deviantart.com/art/Closed-457462131)), noticed him as he approached. 

"Well, hi there! What brings you here, stranger?" she greeted him, pausing in her guitar playing. 

The other pony, who had been facing away from Darky, quickly turned around. He was strange-looking; he appeared to be wearing a gas mask and rubber boots, and had a contraption of some sort strapped to his side. (( bottom left here: http://lobsterpolice.deviantart.com/art/Pyronies-510269690)) Upon closer inspection, his cutie mark was a burning match.

"Huddah! Hudda mmph?" he said, leaping to his hooves and skipping over to Darky, his speech unintelligible through the mask.

"He's saying hello and asking who you are." the mare said, translating the stallion's mumbling for Darky.

What was going on! Who were those ponies?! Darky was mostly confused about all this, you could see it in his face as he looked abt both of them. The mare looked... normal, but the other stallion, what was will that mask?!

He took a deep breath and calmed down after a moment. He then turned to the mare. "My name is Darkness Knight, husband of Princess Luna." He startwd saying, then made a light bow to them. "At your service." His voice made him sound like quite a gentecolt (gentleman), yet, he was still a bit cute as he did that.

"I got some news of village destroyed, well, burned down, and when I arrived I saw some hoofprints that lead here, so I decided to investigate what was going on and followed them." He explained quite calmly, then looked to the CM od the stallion. "And I think I found who did it." He said. He didn't look angry at all.

The mare nodded slightly as she listened to Darky.

"Well, nice to meet you." she said warmly. "My name's Color Bomb, and this is Pyro." she added, nodding to the stallion in the gas mask as she said his name.

Her expression changed a bit when he mentioned the burned village, growing a bit concerned.

"Oh no, was Pyro here causing trouble again?" she said, casting a glance at the masked stallion. "Awful sorry, he must've snuck out while I was sleeping or something. He's, uh... Well, he's not quite right." she added, gesturing to her head when she said "not quite right." 

Pyro's mask made his gaze look cold and blank, although his actions suggested he was cheerful... He certainly matched the descriptions Darky had heard of the fiery creature. He approached Darky in a seemingly friendly manner. Color Bomb noticed this quickly, and glanced at Darky.

"Watch out!" she said, quickly casting some sort of barrier spell.

She was just in time, as her barrier blocked the flames that suddenly burst out of Pyro's contraption from reaching Darky.

"He shows his friendliness in funny ways." Color Bomb explained with an apologetic smile. "From what I gather, everything's all sunshine and rainbows to him, and fire is the most beautiful thing of all. The only reason I can keep him around is because I keep up a magic fire barrier around myself."

Sure enough, Pyro turned and blew flames at Color Bomb next, giggling as he did so, and the flames simply blew over her like a light breeze.

"Love you too, pal." Color Bomb said to Pyro with a smile.

Dasky was astonished for all that, did he... did he just attacked him with fire?! Although about all she said... he looks like a 'special' pony. "Is alright." Darky said smiling to Color Bomb. "I still don't know why he acts like that, and might never know, but at least he is not doing in with evil intentions." He said, but what will the princesses and the guards say about all this? They will surly make something for him, like locking him n a prison or exile him. He was an exile once, and didn't wanted anypony to suffer the same fate.

Color Bomb gave Pyro a pat on the head.

"He's got a good heart, really..." she said. "He just has no idea what he's doing. And I can't tell him... If he were to find out, it would break his heart, and who knows what would happen then?"

Pyro tilted his head slightly, in a questioning gesture.

"Huddah huh mmph-huh mph hm?" he said in his odd, muffled voice, asking what Color Bomb was talking about. 

"Oh, nothing, Pyro. Don't worry about it." Color Bomb said with a quick smile. 

Pyro, seeming very trusting of Color Bomb, did not question her any further. He began staring into the campfire.

"I found him wandering around in the middle of nowhere while I was travelling a while." Color Bomb said. "He didn't seem to have a home or any friends, so I kind of took him in. I've been trying to piece together his story, but it's kind of hard when he never takes off the mask and he doesn't see anything in the same way as us."

"He never takes it off?" Darky asked her. Why was that? Maybe it was what was causing him to see the world like... how he sees it... but just maybe, he wasn't so sure about that. "I see why you care so much for him." He then added with a small smile. "But you should be more careful with him, I don't want that something like what happened not so long ago happens again." he said, shrugging a bit.

he didn't wanted Pyro in problems, but he knew The Princesses would think differently.

"Never. I tried to have a look under the mask once, and he looked almost offended that I had tried to take it. Seemed a little scared at the idea of taking it off too." Color Bomb said. "He's an odd one, that's for sure."

She looked over at Pyro as Darky spoke again.

"Yeah, I try to be careful with him... Every now and then he gets away from me, and he always gets in trouble when he does." she said with a slight chuckle. "It's almost like caring for a big, mischievous foal, except he torches towns instead of getting into the cookie jar or spilling something."

"Looks like an interesting way to describe it." Darky said chuckling a little to. Taking care of a foal.... he actually never saw himself as a father, even after being with Luna... whatever.

He looksd around a little, then went back to her. "Well, enough of him, what can you tell.me avout yourself?" He then asked sitting right where he was. "I only lnow your name and that you take care fo him." He was starting to get a bit uswled to them, but he was every now and then looking at Pyro, making sure he didn't go away or tried to use the flames against him again, but trying to look friendly.

"Oh! Well, let's see... I was born in Appleoosa, first off. My family traveled a lot, so I've been all over Equestria and a few of the lands beyond. My cutie mark is for what I think is a pretty interesting job - you see, I make special little bombs out of rainbows and a few other secret ingredients, then I dig some tunnels under some plants that need a boost, put a few of my rainbow bombs in, and when I set them off the tunnels collapse and the plants get a bit more colorful." she said, grinning as she adjusted her sitting position to highlight the image of a multi-colored bomb on her flank. "I think myself a pretty good gardener, and I take pride in keeping whatever plants I tend pretty."

She paused for a moment.

"Of course, I haven't been able to keep that many plants around with Pyro here. But, sometimes you just gotta make some sacrifices for your friends." she added with a slight shrug.

Darky made a small nod. "Yeah, and for the ones you love..." He said remembering Luna. He made a small grin and then shook his head. "Anyways, I'm sure you also want to know more about me." He said smiling to her, getting a bit more comfortable where he was.

"Well, I was not born in Equestria, but from far away, but I was exiled and ended up here." He started saying,, but his voice sounded like if it hurt talking about it. "After spending about a year and a  half, Luna saved my life and after some time, she helped me found my brother who was kidnapped by some evil being. And then a lot of things happened, we got married after some time and well... that much is it." He said, then turned to his cutie mark, moving his side a little so she could see it. "I got it when I was training  long time ago. It was in quite a fierce training battle with my brother, although he always beats me, that day I won, and got it." he said like proud of it and smiling.

Color Bomb listened intently as Darky spoke, nodding a bit every now and then.

"Ooh..." she said. "We don't get many visitors, but out of what we have gotten I think you've got to be the most interesting!"

"Uh-huh!" Pyro chimed in before going back to gazing into the fire.

((Sorry for short post, I have to get off now and I wanted to post something before I do.))

(Dont worry, I sometimes also do small posts )

Darky smiled after she said that. "Thank you." He said a bit cheerfully. He looked at Pyro as he did that and then turend back to Color Bomb. "So, what do you plan doing with him?" He asked her loud enough so Pyro couldn't hear them. "If he goes out and something like this happens again, he would be in a lot of trouble." He said worried about him.

"I honestly don't know." Color Bomb said, her voice concerned as she glanced at Pyro for a moment. "He doesn't exactly have anypony I can return him to, and I couldn't just turn him over to somepony else..."

Color Bomb paused for a moment, thinking.

"And I'm sure plenty of ponies are after him, so that doesn't make it any easier." she added.

Pyro had now taken a stick from the edge of the campfire and, with its smoldering end, began to doodle on a blank space on the wall. His drawings depicted a variety of crudely-drawn but happy things - smiling ponies, rainbows, candy, and bubbles among them. This picture he was drawing at the moment seemed to be of Color Bomb.

"Yes, it would be hard to try to adapt him or make him change to a ... 'normal' pony." Darky said, shrugging. "Or get everypony else accept him." He said, looking at his drawing. "It is quite hard to do something right now with him." he then scratched the back of his neck with his hoof. He looked around again, thinking on what to do."Perhaps for now it would be better that you both stayed like this, I won't tell anypony about you." He said sighing. He just couldn't think on something.

"Yeah..." Color Bomb said. "Thanks."

She looked at Pyro again, then suddenly seemed to think of something.

"So, wait, you said you were Luna's husband, right?" she said. "Didn't they send guards or somepony with you? Seems awful strange for somepony so important to be able to go hunting for a monster on his own without having some guards sent with him."

She took a nervous glance at the cave entrance.

"Wouldn't want them finding him, you know..." she remarked. "They would take him away, and Celestia knows what they would do with him then."

"Well, I can defend myself pretty well." Darky said showing her a black shield and a sword he had with him. "So, usually I don't go out with guards behind me." he then got closer to her. "I don't want anypony behind me, it just fells weird for me." He whispered to her, then went back to how he was with a small grin. "I also just came to see what was going on rather to... hunt something." he then added. "And you are lucky that I came alone." he said turning to see Pyro.

Color Bomb gave a sigh of relief. 

"Alright, good." she said. "Yeah, lucky indeed... Can't have him getting into trouble that big."

Pyro, now finished with his drawing, came over and sat close to Color Bomb. He mumbled something, then snuggled her affectionately before looking at Darky. The emotionless gaze given off by the mask was somewhat unsettling, but not enough so to bother Darky very much.

"One of the hardest things to do with him is go get groceries - as long as I disguise him and keep him close, I can usually make it through a shopping trip without him setting anyone or anything on fire. He doesn't like it much, though, since he has to leave his favorite toy at our campsite." Color Bomb said, gesturing towards Pyro's flamethrower when she mentioned his "toy". "I'm sure you could have guessed, but taking him anywhere populated can be a challenge, and I can't leave him alone if I need to go out." she added, laughing slightly.

She had mentioned the parts about his tendencies towards setting things ablaze much more quietly, understandably, in hopes Pyro wouldn't hear and question it.

Darky made a small smile after she said that. "Yeah, it must be." he said chuckling a little. "But it looks like you are making quite good job with him." He then said smiling. "You make it look easy, but it must be quite hard." He putted away his sword and shield and looked at Pyro's flame thrower and wondered... where the hell did he get that?!

"Thanks!" Color Bomb said, grinning. "I'm getting the hang of it, but I must admit, it can be tough sometimes."

She looked over to look at Pyro again, but found that he wasn't next to her.

"Gah, how does he get away unnoticed so easily?" Color Bomb exclaimed, getting up and heading for the cave entrance. "That has to be his fastest escape yet!" 

Outside the cave, the first thing Color Bomb noticed was the sound of some other ponies' voices... Then she saw Pyro, chasing a moth right towards some investigating ponies in the destroyed village.

"No problem." Darky said smiling, then also noticed Pyro wasn't there any more. "W-where did he-?!" he then followed Color Bomb out of the cave. "How does he does that?!" darky said still surprised by how he did it.

After a moment of following her, he also noticed the investigators. "Crap!" he said and rushed to them, showing how fast he could be as a flier. he arrived with them after a moment. "Err.... how are you?" he asked them making a smile, drawing their attention to make sure they didn't see Pyro.

Color Bomb bolted after Pyro while Darky provided a distraction to the ponies in the ruins. Luckily for her, Pyro paused for a moment as he caught the moth and proceeded to gleefully set it ablaze, which let Color Bomb catch up a bit. However, Pyro happened to notice the ponies once he was done with the moth, and with a cheerful cry he took off towards them again. Color Bomb was gasping for breath at this point - Pyro was much faster than her, even while carrying that heavy flamethrower - but she continued running after him.

"Ugh... Stop... Pyro!" she panted urgently.

Meanwhile, the explorers gave Darky a strange look, surprised by his sudden appearance. There were three of them in all, none of them looking much older than a filly/colt.

"Uh... Fine, how about you?" one of them responded slowly. 

"You checking the place out before a team of guards comes for an official investigation too?" another interjected.

Archived