Pyromania (Open)

Monochrome

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Color ignored the sound of blades, assuming it had been the new stallion judging by the amount of weapons he appeared to be carrying. 

Color gasped as Pyro shouted a muffled greeting, and the guards noticed him. At first they seemed unsure about him, but once they got a good look at the contraption on his side and its lit pilot flame, they approached him, obviously with the intent to capture him. Pyro apparently saw this as a friendly game of tag, dodging and bounding about as the guards lunged at him.

"What the hay are you- Oh, nevermind!" Color said.

She was too worried for her friend to bother with the strange new stallion for now... Pyro couldn't keep it up forever, and once he slipped up the guards would get him for sure. Color kept running, and soon drew very close to the scene. Her thoughts raced, pondering what to do in order to rescue Pyro; suddenly, she had an idea. She used her magic, levitating a small, multi-colored round object out of her saddlebag. Lighting the fuse on its top with a match, she tossed it at one of the guards. It exploded in a flash of light and color, leaving the guard covered in rainbow powder. The colorful powder had gotten into his eyes, and combined with the bomb's bright flash this had impaired his vision.

The lead guard looked surprised as Darky appeared and pushed them back.

"S-sir... You're defending the despicable mute arsonist who caused all this?" he gasped. "Well, I'm sorry, but our orders are from Celestia, sir, and we intend to do what we were sent to do: investigate the damage and, if possible, capture the one responsible."

Color looked over to Darky, hesitating a brief moment. He seemed, understandably, unsure of what to do in this situation. Color kept throwing her bombs, but it wasn't quite enough to beat all the guards back; a unicorn managed to grab Pyro with his magic, then a second assisted, and the team of guards was soon in a defensive formation around the captured Pyro as they held him in place. One looked over at Color, and stepped forward to capture her as well, but the lead guard called him off. 

"Our concern is the arsonist." he said, casting a glare at Color, then glancing back at Pyro. "Besides, she didn't actually harm any of us. She's not much of a threat."

The leader of the team's horn glowed, and in an instant the whole team was gone - teleported away, presumably to the castle.

"Pyro!" Color shouted, hot tears stinging her eyes as she ran to the place where the team had teleported away with her friend. 

Darky gave a step back, then sat where he was. What... what just happened... he was unable to do something... all those hard decisions... t was too much for him. He walked to where Color was and hugged her to calm her down. "There, there..." He said. "I'm sorry, it's all my fault... I couldn't do anything to save him." He said.

(Do you want to play Tia? I will play Luna)

"I'm coming with you." Color said, wiping a tear from her face with her hoof. "I made Pyro my responsibility, and it wouldn't feel right to let somepony else go alone to save him."

(Meanwhile...)

Pyro glanced around at his new surroundings as the team of guards and him reappeared within the castle. Immediately, one of the guards fetched some chains, properly shackling their prisoner to ensure no escape before they presented him to the princesses.

Darky nodded. "Well, I can't stop you if you think that, also, I would actually need help." He said smiling and helping her get up. "We should get ready then."

Luna walked with her sister. "Sister, the guards had arrived with the responsable of the fire." She said calmly.

Celestia nodded solemnly.

"So we're finally meeting the monster." she remarked. "They'll be in to present him any minute, I suppose. Let's get in place." she added, quickening her pace slightly as they walked.

Meanwhile, Pyro fidgeted in his chains, uncomfortable with how they weighed him down. He looked at the group of guards that surrounded him, but none looked back at him.

"Move." one said briskly, suddenly giving Pyro a shove from behind as the group began walking.

"Good, then. Let's get moving, Pyro needs me!" Color said. "You coming, mystery stallion?" she added, looking over at the other stallion that had joined them earlier.

Luna nodded "Indeed we should." She said as he walked with her a bit faster. Shw wondered what ir who did that, and what was its motive.

Darky nodded. "We don't have much time." He said after she said that, then turned to Cloud. "Meet us in the train station" he said, then lead Color towards it.

Color followed Darky, a worried expression on her face.

"Couldn't we teleport, like the guards did? We would get to him faster that way..." she remarked.

(Meanwhile)

The royal sisters soon arrived in the throne room and sat on their thrones. Celestia had a concerned and contemplating look on her face.

"If it's a dragon or something of that kind, it would be easier to understand, but if it is just an earth pony as I've heard... Well, I just can't think of a reason anypony might do such a thing." she said.

"Hmmm... It would use a rather big amount of magic, but I can handle it." He grabbed her hoof and teleported both of them to the castle gates.

Luna nodded. "I understand what you say sis." She said a bit worried about that.

Color gave a slight nod.

"Great, thanks! Are you going to be alright if we need to fight anyone?" she said, looking at Darky. "You said that teleportation took a lot of magic, and I don't know what kind of trouble we might run into in there."

(Meanwhile)

Celestia gave a slight nod. Just then, one of the guards came in. Bowing, he announced the arrival of the prisoner. After he had announced them, the rest of the group marched in, surrounding the masked offender.

Pyro began to droop - in addition to the weight of his shackles, after not seeing fire for long enough his view of the world began to turn depressingly grey and dull, and the guards had taken away his flamethrower and lighter.

"Alright..." Color said, casting a determined glance at the castle. "Let's go."

--------------------------------

Celestia blinked, a bit surprised; the appearance of the supposed pyromaniac was certainly unexpected. She looked at him for a moment, then spoke.

"Did you burn that village?"

Pyro looked up at the majestic mares before him and tilted his head as if confused. He said something, but nobody in the room could understand a word he said through the mask.

Celestia stared, then spoke again.

"Remove his mask."

The guards complied. This prisoner fought strangely hard as soon as he felt that they were trying to take his mask, but in the end he was no match for the team of guards, and they tore his mask off. He immediately dropped to the floor, covering his face with his hooves the best he could.

Color ran her hardest, right behind Darky.

"Oh..." she remarked worriedly. "What if he finds out what he's done before we reach him? What if they take his mask?"

(Meanwhile...)

Pyro remained still for a moment, seeming understandably scared.

"I... Can't..." came a weak, raspy voice.

Archived