Pyromania (Open)

Monochrome

"I'm not supposed to look without my mask. Need my mask. Could die without my mask..." Pyro replied.

Celestia raised an eyebrow and glanced from the arsonist to her sister. This certainly was an unusual case. She looked at what she could see of the strange stallion; he had a fluffy mane to match his tail, although it was a bit messier from being underneath the mask for so long, and the sun princess thought she saw the edges of some scarring on his face where his hooves weren't covering it.

"Hm... Put him in the prison for now. More time will be needed to decide this one's fate." Celestia said, casting another glance at the strange stallion.

Pyro seemed to begin to grow frantic as he was dragged off - there was almost a trace of anger in his voice as he shouted for his mask and "rainblower."

-------------------------

Color silently prayed that her friend was safe as she and Darky approached the doors to the throne room.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luna just looked at how he was dragged away by the guards. She then turned to one of the guards that went. "Did you had anyproblems capturing him?" She asked.

Darky slowly oppened the doors without making any sound. Mostly to hear what was going on.

"Not much from him, your majesty... He almost seemed like he was playing a foal's game with us. However, a unicorn mare that was at the site gave us a bit of a problem. And, most odd of all... Your husband was there, miss, and seemed to be defending the pyromaniac at first." the guard replied to Luna.

Meanwhile, the other guards placed Pyro in a prison cell. Once locked in, he laid on the floor, keeping his hooves over his exposed face, and ocassionally moaned something.

------------------------------------

Color nervously followed along with Darky, pricking her ears up to listen. She heard a strange voice that she didn't recognize among those of the guards and the princesses - she suddenly gasped, realizing that it must be Pyro judging by how it pleaded for a mask before fading and going silent.

((Well, I was trying to give CloudRunner a bit of time to post again, but in the interest of keeping this active I guess I'll keep going now.))

"Yes, ma'am." the guard replied. "He pushed us back when we tried to capture the culprit at first. He stopped when I mentioned that our orders came from your sister, but still..."

Color frowned.

"Did you see him?" she asked urgently. "Is he okay? Is his mask still on?"

Celestia gave a slight contemplative hum as the guard mentioned Luna's husband being there and acting strangely when they tried to capture the pyromaniac.

"Well, that certainly is odd." she murmured. "What was he doing there, and why would he want to defend somepony who did something so horrible?"

"Oh no..." Color murmured worriedly. "Alright, so what's the plan to save him?"

"Sh!" Color shushed the strange stallion as he arrived. "It's great you showed up and all, but it's probably best we don't get caught while helping a prisoner escape."

She looked back to Darky.

"Alright, let's do it. The poor guy is probably terrified..." she said.

(Meanwhile)

Celestia appeared to be deep in thought for a few moments.

"Well, it's fairly certain he's our culprit... If you happened to catch a glimpse of his cutie mark, it appeared to be a burning match. A pony who exists to create fire... The very idea sounds dangerous. I'm not sure what we can do with him." she said.

Darky nodded' "lets go." He said as he lead them to the prision area.

"Yes, I saw it. It also surprises me that he was born for that." Luna replied. "For now it would be better that he stays in prision until we know what to do with him."

"Yes, you're right." Celestia said with a slight nod as she continued to think. "Perhaps what the guards tell us of his behavior will help us to make a decision? If he really is as dangerous as he seems, we may have to do something drastic."

------------------

Color followed at a quick, determined pace right behind Darky. 

"Don't worry, Pyro... I'm on my way." she said, as if Pyro could hear her.

Pyro, meanwhile, was growing more and more frantic. He had finally gotten up off of the floor, but still never showed his face to anyone even as he paced his cell, muttering about fire and his mask.

Luna nodded in agreement. "Yes, tjat would be the best decicion." She said, then sighed.

Darky took Color around the castle until they arrived to the prision. He managed to get inside with her and went to a desk with all the prisioners.

"Now, where he is..." he said as he looked for Pyro on it. Even though he didn't knew they had his name, it would at leastvallear in the list of the latest prisioners.

"Well? Where is he, then?" Color said anxiously, glancing at the book. 

Meanwhile, Pyro grew still more frantic, ramming into the bars of his cell, and yet still never raising his voice above a dark mutter or showing his face. 

"I... I need to spread my light to others... The world is grey without it..." a guard heard him growl at one point.

The two guards stationed at his cell looked at each other, concerned about this prisoner.

"Go report to the princesses about him... They should probably know about how he's acting. I'll stay here and keep an eye on him." one said to the other.

----------------------------------------------

The royal sisters spoke to each other for a while, but were soon interrupted by a guard entering the throne room.

"Oh, hello." Celestia greeted him. "How is the prisoner doing?"

"Well, he seems to be getting a bit violent... He's ramming the cell, and he said something about 'spreading his light to others'... He seems unstable." the guard replied solemnly. 

Celestia and Luna exchanged a concerned glance.

"S-spread the light to others?" Luna asked, concerned about that. What did that ment? She was really worried because of those words, trying to understand what that pony meant.

----------

"Deeper in the prision, in the high security area..." Darky said, then smirked. "Don't worry, it is easy to get there undetected, even though it it sounds hard." He said as he lead her there. "Stick to the shadows, that is our best way to get there."

Celestia remained silent for a moment, deeply perplexed.

"He must be referring to the fire, it sounds like." she said. "I hate to have to give such a serious sentence, but... Well, I don't think we can let such a pony exist, for the safety of Equestria." she added solemnly, seeming to still be pondering the strange and possibly dangerous pony. 

Another moment of silence, then Celestia spoke again. 

"It is our duty to protect the citizens of Equestria, Luna. We can't let something like that roam around, and if we keep him here he may find a way to escape..." she remarked.

----------------------------

"Alright, let's get going then." Color said, barely restraining herself from charging ahead.

However, Darky was the one who knew the way and the one the guards would probably find least suspicious, so Color forced herself to keep behind him.

"Indeed sister." She stood up. "I understand what you are saying. Eventhough I don't like it that much, is for the good of equestria." She gave a light sigh, remeaning in silent for a moment before following her.

----------

After a while, they arrived to the high security area. Once inside, he made sure nopony was there, then signaled Color to go with him to look around for him. After a moment they found him.

Celestia gave a serious nod and looked back to the guard.

"Bring him back here." she said.

Celestia looked back to her sister as the guard left the room.

"We'll use magic to do it... It'll be more painless for him, and quicker for all of us." she said.

--------------------------

Color's eyes widened as her gaze fell on Pyro. He rammed the bars a few more times, apparently not noticing the ponies arriving to rescue him, before collapsing on the floor and covering his exposed face with his hooves once again.

"Oh no, poor thing... Color murmured.

She was about to talk to him and reach out for him through the bars when she heard hoofsteps approaching fast.

Luna nodded in agreement. "That would be a good idea. Fast and painless." She said.

Damn it! Guards! Darky didn't stoped to think and did a spell that made them invisible as long as they stayed in the shadows. "Don't exit.the shadows..." Darky whispered to Color "Or the guards will see you. Once they take him out, we rescue him." He said.

((Sorry, forgot again. XD ))

Celestia gave a brisk, serious nod, then went silent as they waited for the prisoner to be brought in.

-----------------------------------------------

Color gave a slight nod, carefully keeping to the shadows as she stared at her despairing companion in the cell. The guards soon arrived, and one said something that alarmed Color very much.

"Your sentence has been chosen. All I can say is, well, if you have any last words, you had best speak up now."

([emoji14] is alright, I thought so xD)

Luna sighed and waited just beside her.

Darky felt a bit angry at that. He then noticed that one guard was opening the door, this was their chance. Once he opened it, Darky exited the shadows and attacked them, knocking them down. A third guard apeared and looked at that, he hesitated for a moment, but soon escaped to tell the princesses.

"Crap! We don't have time!" Darky said as he helped Pyro out. The light of the are made it hard, if not almost imposible for him to se Pyro's real face.

Color rushed out right behind Darky, determination in her eyes as she quickly ran to help with Pyro. While they hauled Pyro to his hooves, Color noticed out of the corner of her eye that one guard was rushing of, presumably to alert the princesses.

"Come on, let's move it! One just ran off to report us!" Color said. "Dang it, now where did they put Pyro's mask?" she added, glancing around for it.

"C-c... Color?" Pyro rasped, still keeping his head down to hide his face.

Color smiled slightly.

"Huh, so that's your voice." she said. "Don't worry, buddy, we're getting you out of here."

----------------------------------

The two sisters waited patiently, but did not receive the expected procession into the throne room; instead, they heard a slight commotion from somewhere, and a single guard rushed in.

"Two ponies are helping the prisoner escape, your majesties! And, Luna, it appeared that one of them was your husband!" he announced urgently.

Darky was also a bit imoressed by his real voice. 'Let's go and see in the guard's room, there might be his mask." He replied as he helped him get up.

He then hurried, leading them to the guard's checkpoint. "Don't worry. We will get you out of here." He said

----------

Luna was waiting patiently, but it took too long. She then noticed the guard and heard what he said.

"What?!" She said astonished, standing up with a surprised and confused, and a bit angry face. "Why would he....?" She was nit sure what was going on with him.

"I am not sure why he is helping the dangerous prisoner escape myself, but I saw it with my own eyes." the guard said.

Celestia was equally stunned by the news, sharing a confused glance with Luna before looking back at the guard.

"Call all the guards out and searching this castle." she said, still baffled as to why her sister's husband of all ponies would be releasing a criminal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Color kept very near to Pyro, having a calming effect on him as they galloped their hardest.

"Alright, well, where is the guard room? Lead the way!" Color said as Darky mentioned that Pyro's mask might be in the guard room.

When they arrived, Color and Pyro rushed to find the mask, tossing things everywhere until they found it in a chest, right on top of his saddlebags and flamethrower. Color passed the mask to Pyro, who gave a slight sigh of relief as he slipped it back over his head. Then, once they had gathered up Pyro's things, they had to keep running, as the sounds of many hoofsteps drew near from outside.

Archived