RED vs BLU (TF2 crossover, OPEN!)

Monochrome

The purple-eyed changeling paused mid-bounce, buzzing her wings to hover in place as she looked at Mech from behind the mare. She tilted her head slightly, frowning a bit.

"Sorry, Mechy, I'll try not to jump on you anymore." She said, looking at him for a couple moments longer before moving into a position where she could see both their faces and landed.

----

Zarud sighed again as Pyro went off and began setting things ablaze. Really? What was wrong with this guy? The changeling sat down silently, raising an eyebrow at Demoman curiously.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Demonman watched as the Pyro started to light small things on fire, a large smirk on his face. This pony knew how to live! Sure the mask meant no whiskey! But that was HIS whiskey! No pony else would have HIS whisky! Looking at the one titled 'Spy', he noticed the frown, chuckling before walking up to him "HEY, you'll get used to 'em in time! They're a lively bunch! Though I hope you're good with a knive, because the bloody idiots ar gunna be coming tomorra!"

-------------

Midnight didn't look forward to fighting other ponies, but she would treat them with the same respect she would her normal targets. Effective, fluent and merciless. She was about to open her mouth when an excited voice overtook where she was about to talk, seeing a changeling hop onto Mechs back. This 'flux' seemed very hyperactive, a scout. Well, she had the fast moving down, that's for certain.

"Pleasure Flux" Midnight said, tipping her hat forwards "Midnights the name, or if you prefer the title, Sniper I suppose"

Mech gave a slight nod, seeming to be satisfied with Flux's reply.

"Good." he said.

He was silent for a moment, thinking, but then he spoke again.

"I'll be right back... I zhink I should have a quick look at my equipment." he said, walking towards the infirmary. He was in there for a few minutes before he screamed and came running back out.

Panting from the running, but regaining his composure, he spoke.

"Zhere is a pony's head in my refrigerator! And it's still alive!" he exclaimed. "It spoke to me! Come see!"

----------------------------------------

Pyro, seeming to be done lighting things on fire for now, cheerfully skipped back to Demoman and Spy. He spoke to them, though of course he was not understood, but he seemed very happy nonetheless as he laughed.

Zarud listened silently to Demoman's words, looking at him for a moment before responding.

"I'm good with knives." He replied simply before Pyro came back over with his muffled speech.

----

Flux smiled at the mare as she introduced herself, giving a friendly wave. She then looked at Mech as he went to look at his supplies. Once he was out of sight, the changeling turned back to Midnight with a wide smile as she hummed to herself, swaying with the music.

Once Mech returned, Flux stood up, following him to see this talking pony head that was apparently in the fridge.

Midnight blinked at Mech. He had seen what?! Surely that impossible.

"Sorry mate, what? A head in your fridge?" She started laughing "Oh come on! Funny, but seriously? That isn't believable, if you'd told me that you're stolen my wings off my back, i'd believe that more than you having a living head in your fridge"

-----------------------------------------

Demonman smiled at the spys comment "Ya, you be good with your knives! Too sneaky for me, but we all have our own posion!"

Mech seemed genuinely concerned about what he had supposedly just seen. 

"Just... Come see, schnell!" he said, heading back towards the infirmary. All three entered, and Mech headed straight for the fridge.

"Oh, and vatch out." he remarked, waiting for the other two to approach the fridge with him before opening it. "Zhere are birds everyvhere."

Once the other two had come close enough, Mech slowly opened the fridge. Sure enough, among the array of things in the fridge, there was a pony's head attached to some sort of battery. For a moment it was still, but then it blinked and looked directly at them, then spoke!

"Oh, it's you again. I assume you're ze new medic around here, monsieur? Would you do me a favor and kill me?" it said with a distinct Prench accent. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pyro gently patted his flamethrower with a hoof after Demoman spoke, indicating his favorite weapon as if nobody already knew... However, the Pyro himself saw it not as a flamethrower, but a colorful contraption that produced bubbles and rainbows.

((ooc: Two things to say here... Who has any ideas to get RED going a little stronger again while we wait for other team members (I can fill another RED slot if need be, I just don't want to get to the battling bits until we have all or almost all of our classes filled on both teams), because it's getting much more exciting on BLU's end of this, in my opinion. Second, Shadowbolt0, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but autocorrect or something has been changing "Demoman" to "Demonman" this whole time. :razz: Just thought I should let you know.))

(Well, I have two different characters that I could use to fill the sniper and medic slots, the only problem being that the character I have in mind for the medic slot is a pacifist.)

Flux bounced along into the room where the head apparently was, and she tilted her head as the fridge opened to reveal an unmoving head. Well, that was disappointing. 

Or not. The changeling almost fell over in surprise as the head turned to look at them and began talking.

"Hiya! I'm Flux! Who're you?" She asked the head after she recovered.

--------

"What did you really expect from a changeling? Most of us depend on stealth and/or subterfuge to get food and survive." Zarud said simply in response to Demoman's words, looking at Pyro for a couple seconds as he patted his flamethrower.

((ooc: Okay, sure, you can fill those slots! Well, that's alright, it will certainly be interesting~))

"I am a past spy from ze ozzer team." the head said in a bored tone. "I've been stuck here for a long time. I really should be dead, but ze last medic zhought it would be fun to keep me alive as just a head."

Mech stared, a smile slowly creeping across his face. 

"Vell, I can certainly see vhy! Zhis is fascinating, simply fascinating." he said in response to the head's remark. 

The head rolled its eyes and groaned.

"Oh no, you're going to be like ze last one, aren't you!" it said, seeming disappointed and annoyed. "Juste ma chance."

((ooc: According to google translate, that last bit in French means "Just my luck."))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((ooc again: some new characters on RED should help... I'm honestly running out of ideas. The Pyro is harder to work with than one might think. :razz: ))

Pyro stared for a moment, and, finding nopony speaking to him in particular, started playing with a lighter while he waited for something to happen.

(Well, that French looks correct for what you were going for. I know a little bit of French from High School. I believe you that it would be difficult to play someone who essentially can't talk. Feel free to fill up more spots so that you can get more interaction. Oh, and by the way, if you wanted to get a better idea of what these characters look like, they all have apps you can access through the log thing. Well, except for Zarud, he doesn't have an app.)

While Pyro was playing with his lighter, a light green mare approached timidly from behind, tapping him on the shoulder gently to get his attention. "Umm... S-sir? P-please be careful... I don't want y-you to b-burn yourself." The mare said shyly as she looked at the pony. "M-my name is Flora Bloom... It s-seems I'm y-your medic..."

Just then, a griffon that had been previously sitting in the corner approached, slinging the rifle provided to him over his back. He looked at the other three impassively for a moment with his one good eye, the ruined one covered up by his bandanna. "And I'm your sniper, it seems." The large griffon said simply, gazing around at the team.

Zarud, meanwhile, remained where he was, watching as new teamates approached and revealed their positions.

-----

Flux giggled a bit as she listened to the head speak, revealing he used to be the other team's spy before the previous medic stuck his head in the fridge. This was silly! She smiled widely, giggling to herself for a little bit.

((ooc: Well, I'm waiting for Shadowbolt0 before I make a post for what's going on with BLU, but in the meantime I'm going to post for RED and introduce my other RED character, who will be the Scout. c: ))

Pyro turned abruptly as someone tapped his shoulder and he heard a soft, timid voice speaking to him. He stared at the mare for a moment as she told him to be careful with his lighter and that she was their medic. Pyro reluctantly put down the lighter to greet the mare, waving and saying something. Then somebody else approached, a griffon with one eye covered who said he was their sniper. Pyro greeted him as well, receiving a confused look from both the mare and the griffon for his mumbling. Pyro laughed for a moment, seemingly to himself and for no particular reason. Suddenly, somepony bolted down the hall at a surprising speed, skidding to a halt by the group. It was a white unicorn filly, not quite a fully grown mare but getting close.

"Hi there!" she greeted everyone, blowing a stray strand of her short, rainbow-streaked grey mane out of her face. "I'm Spectrum! The note on the stuff in my room says I'm your scout! I'm not completely sure what's going on, but what the lady on the intercom said sounded like I get to kick somepony's hindquarters tomorrow!"

Pyro waved and gave a friendly-sounding but muffled welcome.

"Yeah, uh... Hey there." Spectrum said, looking around at the others for a moment. "Anyone have any clue what Mumbles here is saying?" she added.

Pyro repeated himself, but was not much more understandable.

Flora tilted her head slightly as she tried to decifer the mumbling and failed completely. Her attention was taken by a filly running into the room and introducing herself, causing the green mare to squeak in surprise and move back a bit, making her bump into the griffon. Luckily, he didn't seem to mind.

"N-no... I c-can't tell what he's s-saying either." Flora said in response to Spectrum's question.

"How old are you, kid?" Tehengu asked, looking at the new pony with his one good eye.

((I'm just going to assume that ponies age at the same rate as humans for this. Also, don't forget, Spectrum will be a bit older than she is in her ref pic for this. :razz: ))

Spectrum looked over at the griffon. 

"Eighteen, almost nineteen." she replied. "Old enough to kick some tail when we get into the battle the mare on the intercom was talking about, that's for sure!"

She pulled the baseball bat she had been provided out of her saddlebag and gave it a few swings, grinning confidently. As she put the bat back in the bag, she suddenly seemed to remember something and looked around the room as if she was searching for something.

"Hey, uh, any of you guys seen a seal around?" she asked. "I'm pretty sure Carl was with me before I ended up here."

Tehengu gave a little hum at Spectrum's response, looking her over a bit more. She looked almost too young to be mixed up in this. Oh well, too late for that now.

"No, I haven't seen any seals around." He said simply, looking around the area again.

((ooc: Putting in a posting order because we're kind of leaving Shadowbolt0 behind... Don't want anyone to feel like we're moving along too fast without them!))

Midnight couldn't believe what she was witnessing, there was..a head in a fridge! And what she didn't except in mech to agree with the idea of keeping a head!

"You..You can't be serious, right?" she said looking at Mech and Flux "It's a head...urgh, you know what, screw it. Do what you want wish him, just don't abuse it" she said, backing away from the fridge. She looked at the door, letting out a sigh "So what now? You said you needed to do something that wasn't related to having a head in a fridge, didn't you Mech?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demoman opened his mouth to reply to the Spy, when he noticed the Griffon and other mares arrival. So these were his allies, a sniper and a medic? Huh, they'd be fun! "HEY!" He shouted to them as he walked up to the medic "How anout a drink?!"

(I'll be grabbing the red heavy and solider, wrap up red. I'll post with Soldier later. I'll look at what BLU I feel like later).

Braum wasn't new here, he was from the last team in RED. His Minigun had killed many ponies before, and they would do again. He would protect his allies. Exiting his private room, he exited it to take a look at this allies. The large pony could tell who was who from sight alone, and the firt one he looked at was the mare who looked like their medic. Their last medic was very very nice to him, and together, the pair had done a lot of damage. He walked over to her, who was worrying about the pyro.

"Do not worry about him, Pyro likes to burn things, in their natures. My name is Braum, I am your Heavy"

(o.k bit of a catch up, but here goes, also I am deeply sorry in advance if I get the teams mixed up)

As the ponies slowly exited the room to grab there equipment they all didn’t notice an odd fellow in the corner in his sleep he had naturally put is invisibility on, he awoke resting on top of a giant mass of muscle that to his calm surprise was another pony! Perhaps the biggest most intimidating pony he had ever seen! This pony had light blue fur filled with scars , he had chopped off his tail and his mane giving him a very militant intimidating look

The second he got off of him the giant opened his eyes and jumped up “GRAAAAAAAH HAAAAAAA? He stood light on his feet and darted his head around, before he picked up the strange grey pony with a short steel blue mane and with a voice that could deafen someone he screamed

WHO ARE YOU! WHERE AM I!”

the strange pony remained surprisingly calm and looked at him with dead eyes and replied in a tone that was deep, but slow as if every syllable was well thought out and calculated “This one … identifies as … numeric letter R. location …. Unknown.”

The giant put the strange pony apparently named only R down and looked at him funny. In a still loud and booming voice but not him screaming he said

uhh o.k  …. R. lets find out! I am Rock Eater by the way! they both stepped outside of there room and saw a long hallway each with a label designed for them

“well looks like we need to go into each room; right? said Rock looking down to R who squinted at the door ways and replied “each room … designed … for specific pony. … few other …options” he then trotted into his perspective room leaving Rock to roll his eyes and kick down the door to his own

in R’s room on a hanger was a custom tailored pinstripe suite which after a thorough investigation he fit on, there was also a balaclava which he put on rolled up to look more like a ski hat than a mask. He went to a desk with a fine wooden box on it inside he found a custom made revolver of unknown origin and design, he took it out and inspected it; it was not up to his standard of use, but it was it would make a good self defense weapon if used properly. He slid it in the jacket pocket and picked up a folding butterfly knife, he sighed preferring a more practical or a specialized blade but folded it up and tucked it in his pocket, it was better than nothing. Lastly large box labeled “disguise kit”

‘subtle’

he said out loud and saw each disguise neatly folded up and a small old fashioned metal cigarette holder , he investigated the cigarette holder for a minute and figured out how it worked before trotting back off,

R was a confident pony he had survived multiple dangerous situations but despite the equipment given there was nothing to help his invisibility magic without a booster of some sort he would be able to only use it in short burst.

Rock looked about his room and smiled standing there waiting for him was a mini gun

“ooooh im going to have me some FUN!” he sang to himself as he picked it up feeling the weight, he quickly attached the ammo and held it in one hand posing in front of the mirror making sure everything fit to gather. Rock shook his head he was always a mature angry stallion but the prospect of using a mini-gun made his colt side come out, there was also a shot gun on the table which he slung over his back and walked out, he saw R wearing the tux and laughed pointing at him

“HAHAHA GETTING READY TO GO TO THE OPERA? HAHAH”

R looked at Rock and in a voice that perfectly mimicked Rock shouted back

AHA MY FRIEND I SEE YOU TOOK WHAT WAS GIVEN TO YOU JUST LIKE ME! LETS GO INVETIGATE SOME MORE!”

Rock stood shocked at R’s ability and shrugged walking along side him easily holding the mini gun with one arm, that’s when they heard voices

Rock Ran forward and kicked down the door spooling his mii gun screaming

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I AM ROCK EATER AND THIS IS MY GUN …. LONG TALL SALLY! I AM YOUR HEAVY WEAPONS GUY!”

R on the other hand stood next to him and pulled the mask down remaining silent slowly looking at the ponies in the room

One dressed like a doctor, the other a young mare with a sniper rifle, and a quick agile looking mare. R did what he did best and silently sized them all up.

Mech jumped back, his metal leg creaking loudly in protest, as a huge stallion burst into the infirmary and bellowed an introduction. A much quieter stallion followed behind, and said nothing as he entered the room as well. 

Quickly regaining his composure, Mech straightened his tie a bit and shut the fridge before introducing himself to the newcomers.

"Ah, vell, hello. I am Mechanical Madness, your Medic. For zhe sake of saving time, you may call me 'Mech', or just 'Medic'. It is nice to meet you." he said calmly. "And, you? Wer bist du - eh, zhat is, who are you?" he added, looking at the silent one.

After recieving his answer, Mech soon turned to address Midnight's question.

"Eh heh, vell, mein little to-do list says zhat I vill be performing a surgery of some kind on everyvone... Hold on, let me find zhose instructions it said vere in here." he said, searching around him. 

He soon found the promised instructions, alongside a row of tools on a small table. He read the instructions, then grinned a bit and turned to his team members again.

"Alright, who vill be first?" he asked. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((Alright, great, Shadowbolt! Now RED just needs an engineer. ^u^ ))

Pyro waved hello to Braum as he approached the group. 

Spectrum looked up at the stallion - their Heavy, he said. 

"Well, hey there. I'm Spectrum Splash, your Scout." she greeted him. "Nice ta meet ya."

(I feel like I have too many bad guys and/or sneaky characters... I think at least half my repertoire of characters (including ones not in my log) are either sneaky types, bad guys/girls, or both.)

Flux looked at the newcomers with a wide smile as the big one introduced himself and his gun. There was a smaller pony as well, dressed up in some kind of suit. The changeling rushed over, jumping just before she collided with the smaller stallion and using the momentum to jump onto the larger pony's back. She then peaked over his shoulder with a giggle.

"Hiya! I'm Flux! I'm the scout!" She chirped happily, her wings buzzing a bit as she stayed on her new perch.

-----

Flora gave a little squeak as one of the pony's approached, saying hello before offering a drink. 

"Umm... N-no thank you..." She replied quietly, trying to hide her face behind her wild mane.

"Yeah, I'll take one." Tehengu said, walking over to the pony offering drinks. He didn't normally drink on the job, but one wouldn't hurt. He moved his gaze over to another newcomer, this one a large pony with a minigun that went over to the medic first.

Flora squeaked again as a large pony addressed her, telling her not to worry about the Pyro. She mumbled something that would be incomprehensible to anyone that had somehow heard it. She then paused, taking a moment to compose herself before speaking again.

"H-hello... My n-name is Flora Bloom... I'm the m-medic..." She said, looking at the large pony shyly.

• 2 weeks later...

((ooc: Sorry for the wait, guys, shouldn't be much longer... Shadowbolt is just a little lost and needs some time to get himself caught up. So, I'm just popping in to let you know that the rp is not dying, nor do I intend it to die any time soon. c: ))

((ooc: Okay, Shadowbolt told me he is SUPER busy with work this week, and to just move on without him for now. So, Augercorn, it's your turn~))

Rock looked at the changeling as she buzzed around him, he had a childish look of glee, like a little boy seeing a butterfly for the first time, as she crawled on his head he laughed out

AAHAHAHAH YOU ARE SO LITTLE TO ME! IT IS FUNY! “

While Rock was pre occupied by Flux R walked forward to mechanical madness and in his simple controlled voice said “responsibility …. To go ….first”

"Very good, ve'll get started soon." Mech said, grinning as R volunteered to go first. "Ah, everyvone... If you do not mind, could you step into zhe vaiting room? Zhat is, unless you vant to vatch zhe procedure." he added to everyone else in the room, gesturing to a door across the room to indicate where the waiting room he mentioned was.

Mech glanced at the instructions again, and quickly prepared for the surgery. He cleared off the slightly blood-stained operation table and waited for the others to get into the waiting room before gesturing for R to lay down on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pyro watched quietly as the others got acquainted and Demoman loudly offered drinks to the newcomers. Pyro looked over at Balloonicorn and chuckled a bit - Demoman would probably like Balloonicorn, they were both usually pretty drunk. But, for some reason Pyro had never seen any of his teammates so much as greet Balloonicorn. He started talking with Balloonicorn cheerfully.

Spectrum looked over at Pyro curiously as he began to talk, either to himself or nobody in particular.

"Uh... Hey, Braum, was it? So you say the fire thing is normal for Mumbles here, but is that?" Spectrum asked, gesturing towards Pyro as he continued his imaginary conversation.

Flux giggles happily at Rock's response as she sat on his back. She looked over at Mech as he requested that everyone depart to the waiting room unless they wanted to watch. The changeling gave a little hum as she thought it over, but decided she didn't want to see the surgery. She hopped off of Rock's back before zipping towards the waiting room and going through the door. After she got in there, she sat down in one of the chairs, frowning at her imaginary friends as they started arguing again. To everyone else, it would appear like she was frowning at the wall.

------

Tehengu looked at the Pyro briefly after Spectrum's question, then turned towards her.

"Pretty sure he doesn't quite have all his marbles. He's probably talking to some imaginary friend or something else that only he can see." The griffon said, shrugging a bit.

Rock followed his little changing friend and sat down next to her petting her like a dog

"heey little one it will all be better soon if we come into trouble i will destroy them with my GIANT GUN AMUHAAAAAHAHAHA"

Meanwhile R looked at the table and peeled off his mask, in a few quick motions he stripped off his suite and played down on the table unafraid of the doctor or what would happen

"respecfully request ....our curent location" he kindly asked in his own strange tone of voice

Archived