RED vs BLU (TF2 crossover, OPEN!)

Monochrome

Pyro was enjoying R's antics about as much as Mech was, but he held himself back from doing anything. They were supposed to be allies, after all, apparently. He gave a noise somewhere between a growl and a sigh, then looked over as he felt someone touch him. He met his son's gaze and softened a bit, giving the younger stallion a gentle smile. Soon enough, they had reached the waiting room, and R had thankfully shut up.

Pyro looked at Mech as the stallion called for him to go next for something, and after a moment or two of hesitation, especially after that laugh, he reluctantly followed the medic into the operating room. He stopped near the door, looking at the medic.

"Next for what, exactly?" He asked, ready to escape if need be.

Out in the waiting room, Flux sat down near Rock again, nodding a bit, looking over at R as the large stallion questioned what his job was. She gave a little hum, staring for a few moments before giving a little gasp noise.

"He looks like a spy! Is that one of the jobs?" She said, looking back to Rock.

--------

Flora was stunned into silence when the heart had exploded. She blinked a bit, remaining silent for a few moments after Spectrum's question.

"Oh... N-nothing to w-worry about." She said, trying to sound reassuring as she searched the instructions. She breathed a sigh of relief as she spotted the part about replacement hearts, and moved to the fridge, grabbing one of them out and sticking the battery into that one instead, holding it under the beam until it began glowing. "Well, n-now to put it b-back." She said, mostly to herself as she turned back towards Spectrum.

"Umm... I kinda need you to hold open your ribcage... Wouldn't want to damage the heart as I put it back in." She said, looking at the hole in the mare's chest and them to the heart.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rock shrugged and said "i don't know I'm kind of just making this up as i go ... sure why not! ... ok so I'm actually a sergeant of the guard. I've been in a few fights before, after we have our personnel arranged we usually then need to find out exactly what our goal is then how best to do it!"

Rock in all honestly didn't want to be in charge of this situation but it seems like everyone was just as confused as he was the least he could do is offer his opinion and guidance

R Nodded "logical" he said simply

across the base Scone was setting up the responders just following the blue prints humming to herself occasionally letting a word to the song slip out

"to see if i could still feel" she sang as she screwed the machine together.

she felt a weird feeling, and not just the one she got when around pyro, she turned her head away from her work for a second and saw only him, she gave a friendly smile and pulled her shirt off getting some air it was warm in the locker room and she was starting to sweat. last thing she wanted was to spend the whole game in a sweaty shirt, and she was never one for modesty anyway. she set it on the ground got back to work "my empire of dirt" she sang as she got not the floor and wiggled herself under the machine to put some wires together.

Mech seemed much less annoyed now, no anger or restraint in his manner as he spoke; perhaps it was because R had finally stopped teasing him, or that he was simply taking delight in the work he had just done and was about to do again.

"Nozhing to vurry about." he said, pulling his to-do list out of his coat pocket and handing it to Pyro for him to read. "A simple procedure. You vill be avake, but I promise you zhat you vill not feel a zhing."

He continued calmly into the room where the surgery would take place after he was finished speaking and was sure Pyro had finished reading the paper.

----------------------------

Pyro probably smiled back to Scone, but she could never tell because of his mask. He listened intently to the bits of song she sang; he would have sung along, but he didn't know this particular song. So, he sat quietly. He would have liked to help, but he couldn't... Sure, he had built his flamethrower himself, but that was a labor of love and he was otherwise not very good with machines. Pyro watched for a while more while Scone tinkered with the machine's wiring, then his attention slowly drifted and he started playing with his lighter again. He giggled as he watched it give off what he saw as a beautiful little burst of color and tiny bubbles every time he gave it a flick.

(Meanwhile)

"Oh, uh... Okay." Spectrum said, feeling strange as she held open her ribs a bit for Flora to put her heart back.

This whole thing had been a bizarre experience; Spectrum was relieved that it seemed to be almost over. It wasn't so bad after all, and Spectrum had no doubt that she could trust Flora as their medic now... And, she got a cool new heart out of it too! She couldn't wait to see what it could do.

((You know, I have a character I might stick in the BLU demoman - or should I say demoMARE since she's female - slot. =p ))

(Sounds good, help even out the sides as far as number of player characters goes.)

Pyro took the piece of paper offered to him, reading it over as Mech spoke, saying he would be awake but that he wouldn't feel anything. He hummed a bit to himself as he read the instructions. He wasn't so sure about having his heart removed, but apparently it was going to be put back after all was said and done. After a couple seconds, he sighed, following Mech further into the room and climbing onto the medical table.

"Alright, here." He said, handing the paper back to Mech.

Back in the waiting room, Justice listened to the others speak, looking at Rock as the large stallion revealed that he was part of the guard. Maybe he would get along with Pyro.

"My dad's part of the guard as well. Seems like a good idea." Justice said, looking at the large pony.

----

Flora smiled slightly as she placed the heart inside Spectrum's chest, stepping back after it was properly situated, then switching on the ray to start patching up the incision, Spectrum's body regenerating. After it was done, Flora helped the mare up, smiling at her gently.

"How do you feel?" Flora asked gently.

"all right there! whoo" Said scorn as she slid out from the device wiping the sweat of her forehead with her shirt. "getting better at that overtime!" she said looking to the pyro and slightly rolling her eyes to see him playing with fire ...AGAIN

"all right there, burn baby ... i uh ... suppose theres only one way to make sure its functioning so uhh you know go ahead and help me test it." she said nervously rubbing her neck 

dying still hurt , but she had to make sure the respawner was working properly or else they would be in a world of hurt for the match

across the base 

rock nodded :this is good we have plenty of experience here! now i want you all to help us look around find anything you think can help food, radio's more weapons you get the drift. ill stay here with the crazy doctor!"

R mimicked Rocks voice "crazy indeed" before turning invisable and slinking off

"Danke." Mech said, folding the paper again and tucking it into his pocket.

He followed the procedure just as last time, starting with injecting the numbing medicine into Pyro's foreleg and waiting a while. He spoke while they waited for it to take effect. 

"So, ve are teammates, it seems." he remarked calmly. "Now, I vill dismiss zhat... Introduction. I try not to hold petty grudges. However, if ve are to vork togezher, I expect to be treated vizh some respect. You respect me, and I vill respect you in return; ozhervise, vell, I found some little notes from zhe last medic around zhe infirmary, and many of zhem suggest zhat I am free to experiment on everyvone so long as I don't make zhem unable to battle."

Mech smiled, and prodded at Pyro a little with his hoof.

"Now zhen, vizh zhat out of zhe vay... Do you feel it vhen I touch you now? Trust me, you vill vant to be completely numb for zhis procedure." he said.

(Meanwhile)

A lime green mare slowly awoke, her bright red eyes lazily drifting open. However, she immediately shot up to a sitting position once her vision had cleared up enough to see where she was. She looked around, terribly confused; she had never seen this place before, and it was definitely not where she had last fallen asleep. Her horn gave off a few involuntary sparks of white light, and she made a slight hissing sound. She took a moment to calm down, silencing both. ((I'll warn you now - yes, she is based on a creeper from minecraft, and kind of explodes if you startle her. XD )) She thought she heard some voices coming from the nearby hallway, so she slowly stood up to go see who it might be. Walking down the hall, she halted suddenly when she saw her name written on a sticky note attached to one of the doors. She stared at it for a moment before opening the door and cautiously venturing inside. She found an outfit laid out on the bed, as well as some weapons, a few bottles of cider, and a note. Reading the note, she found that apparently she had been selected to participate in some kind of war, and she was the "demomare" for her team. She was terribly afraid of what she had managed to get into, but nonetheless put on her new outfit, deciding to leave the vest off for now. She stepped out of her room, now clad in a long-sleeved white shirt and a light blue one with the sleeves halfway rolled up over that. The blue shirt had what she assumed was the symbol for her job, a strange round thing covered in spikes that she didn't recognize, sewn onto each shoulder. She took a deep breath and continued walking down the hall now, hoping that at least her teammates were nice. She reached the end of the hallway, and slowly peeked around the corner into what appeared to be some kind of waiting room. Inside, from what she could see from halfway behind the doorway, there was just one enormous stallion who was holding an equally large gun in his lap. The mare accidentally let another involuntary hiss slip out, and quickly covered her mouth with her hoof.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Holy crap!" Spectrum exclaimed, amazed as she watch the medigun instantly seal up her chest. "That's freakin' awesome!"

After Flora helped her up, she took a good look at herself. There was a little spot of red glow on her chest, though that soon faded, and she didn't look or feel like she had just been through surgery at all!

"I feel great! Ready to kick some blue rump." Spectrum replied to Flora as she retrieved her things and quickly got dressed again. "Thanks, doc!"

(Meanwhile)

Pyro nodded a bit, understanding - he had to tag Scone to make sure the machine worked! He thought for a brief moment - his rainblower seemed like it usually took a bit of time to have ponies properly giggling on the floor, and checking the machines should be quick, so he decided on his giant lollipop instead this time. He pulled the object out of his saddlebag - to him, a big swirly pink and blue lollipop, but to Scone a fire axe - and, stepping forward, swung it towards his friend.

Pyro could feel himself going numb from whatever Mech had injected him with, though he was more concerned with what the medic was saying. He sighed slightly after it had finished, giving Mech an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry for earlier. I was angry that someone had thrown me and my son in here, and was too focused on getting out to stop and think that you might be in the same situation. As long as you don't do anything bad to me or my son, I will have no problem with you." He said before the medic prodded him with a hoof. It was strange, seeing something happen but not feeling it. "No, I can't feel it."

Justice nodded at Rock's instructions, heading out with the others to go search the building for supplies. Flux seemed very chipper, though that seemed to be normal for her.

-----------

Flora smiled a bit at Spectrum's words, leading her back out of the operating room before beckoning for whoever was next to come in. Tehengu stood up, following the mare in for the surgery. He climbed onto the table as Flora began repeating what she had done with Spectrum, starting with the injection.

Scone winched at seeing the ax coming at her she quickly thought "ehh better than burning to death" then the ax slammed into her skull killing her instantly

"owwwwwww owwww ouch hurts more than a darn nutria bite!" though Scone as she felt an out of body experience; seeing her own death at all angles. ... "alright couple seconds i feel the respawners working" she thought to herself as she floated around "hmmm maybe I can" she struggled to try and figure out how to free roam but to no avail she stayed lingering on her own death

after 22 second her body came back to life .. it was a strange experience almost as like  a bloodrush from standing up.or becoming sober after drunk

"uhhhh ihhh ...." she leaned on her knees getting used to it again and gave a thumbs up "thanks buddy" she said letting the pyros's brain translate to whatever that meant, to him.

the respawners  for her team were now up and she was glad but still a bit disoriented from getting an ax to the face

meanwhile

at the other side of the base Rock gave Flux a good slap on the butt (the same way as the episode where applebloom is embarrassed by granny smith and tried to send her to there uncle on the train)

he walked off in a different direction; while he liked flux he needed some time to think

Rock walked up a stair case and slowly explored the area he let out a big sigh and though

"uhhh what we are doing here ... i don't know ... I'm the biggest ..strongest ... and probably the most experienced ... they will think of me leader no matter what ... but i am not leader! i am fighter" he looked around the upstairs level it seemed like a good sniper perch if not for the steel walls blocking there exit and view of the rest of 2fort

"I need to pretend, act as hero ...leader .. to help them .. justice's daddy will help but we have no other choice" he thought to himself as he walked along and entered another locker room

"OHHHH HO-HO" he said as he spotted a box of headsets, most of them were earbuds  but there was one big earphone set suitable for even the fastest warrior Rock picked up the box smiling and walked back to the original locker room waiting or the others to come back

he took a peek into the doctor's office but immediately hid away "uhhhhh" he moaned not wanting to see more"

R exhausted his invisibility powers and let out a big sigh, he was alone. R walked along the staircase to find it lead to a basement which lead out to what R could only surmise as a sewer but a steel wall blocked the way. He ran the barrel of his gun along the steel testing and shrugged knowing it would open when it was ready and at no other time. R walked back up unable to find anything 

((I was intending for Rock to hear Blast Zone's little involuntary hiss and go try to see what it was or something, but that's alright. :razz: ))

Mech nodded a bit, smiling.

"I am glad to hear zhat. Alright, zhen ve are on good terms. Good." he said as he began his work.

He selected his scalpel again and began making the incision down Pyro's chest. Once he had opened it up, he picked up his bone saw and quickly set to work on sawing away the pieces of the rib cage blocking his way to the heart. As he cut out the heart and started attaching it to the battery, he started talking to Pyro.

"Ponies don't tend to trust me, for some reason... In fact, zhey tend to avoid me altogezher. It's nice to have a whole team who vill trust me. Sure, you all don't exactly have a choice since I am zhe only medic here, but I vill take vhat I can get." he remarked with a slight chuckle.

(Meanwhile) 

The short green mare ducked out of sight, still unsure, as the remaining ponies in the waiting room exited and went off in different directions. She glanced around, then decided to enter the waiting room. She took a seat on one of the chairs in the room and sat quietly, thinking. She let out another little hiss as she pondered the situation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spectrum left the operation room, as high-energy and ready for an adventure as always, and decided to explore the base some more. She dashed through the halls, finally skidding to a stop at the doorway to a room with some benches and lockers, where Pyro and Scone appeared to be working - well, Scone was working, but Pyro was mostly just watching and playing with fire. But, suddenly, the scene changed as Scone said something about testing a machine, and Pyro promptly pulled an axe out of his saddlebag and gave her a fatal blow to the head with it.

"Woah!" Spectrum exclaimed, jumping back in shock. 

She knew the guy was crazy, but murdering his teammates and then laughing about it? She dared to take another peek into the room, and saw Pyro staring at the body. After a moment, though, one of the machines Scone had been working on started humming and, in a slight red glow, Scone was alive and back on her hooves.

"Oh... So that's the respawn thing." Spectrum murmured to herself.

(Meanwhile)

Pyro looked at Scone for a moment after he had done what he was asked, watching her falling to the floor in fits of laughter and giggling a bit himself. Soon, as always, she was up again and ready for whatever was next. He heard her thank him, and gave a muffled "No problem" in return. Next, he heard a scuffling of hooves on the hall floor, and saw Spectrum peering in. Pyro waved to her, mumbling something that sounded like "Hello!"

It was strange, seeing his own chest being cut open but not feeling anything. He felt like he should be trying to get out of there, but he resisted the urge to move, laying as still as he could get as Mech worked, removing his heart before attaching something to it. That something appeared to be a battery of some sort.

"Well, sorry to hear that. Why don't they trust you?" Pyro asked, trying to take his mind off the fact that his heart was no longer in his chest.

Justice was searching through the building as he attempted to find materials that would be helpful. He had come across some mechanical parts, which would be helpful for him, considering he was supposed to be the engineer of the team. He stored those with the rest of the parts before continuing to search around.

Flux giggled a bit as Rock slapped her butt, hopping off on her own as she began searching for anything useful. The search was largely fruitless as she didn't come across anything that she thought would help.

-----

Flora hummed to herself softly as she worked on the silent griffon. His heart was bigger, but she supposed that was to be expected given his body size. She stuck the battery into the heart before holding it in the beam, waiting for it to start glowing before going to put it back into his chest. He didn't even wait for instructions, simply holding his chest open wider a bit to make it easier on her. She smiled slightly to him as she replaced his heart and turned the beam onto him to heal him up and regrow his body.

Rock was on his way back to the lockers when he heard a strange 

hsssss

he poked his head around the corner to see the strange green pony she apearded quite scared and confused. Rock took a deep breath and rapped his hoof on the wall as to alert her of his presence

"hello there!" he said trying hard to sound gentle he slowly came in and kneeled down to her

"My name is Rock me and my friends are stuck here just like you, whats your name?"

R had scoped out most of what he could, he couldn't find anything helpful besides some health packs and ammo piles floating around.

R walked up the stairs and decided to spy on his new teammates, he silently followed around the corner listing for justice or flux

across the base

Scone rubbed her head where pyro had hit her it didn't hurt anymore but it was still very strange.

"eyeeeeup these babies are going to be a big help here in 2fort" she said nodding to Spectrum "so sug" she asked "this your first time in the ole game?"

((Don't forget you're playing ponies, augercorn~

"she leaned on her knees getting used to it again and gave a thumbs up"

"Rock took a deep breath and rapped his hand on the wall as to alert her of his presence"

It's alright, just a couple of little things I noticed I thought I would let you know about. ^u^ ))

Mech shrugged a bit.

"Vell, perhaps it is because I own zhe local 'creepy old manor' back vhere I live... Or because of my metal parts, or zhat I may or may not have created some creatures in mein lab at home... Oh, I suppose it is a variety of zhings. I'm zhe pony zhat zhe little colts and fillies make up scary stories about in my town, and occassionally zhey even dare each ozher to visit my house! Sometimes I hear a knock on zhe door, only to find a terrified colt or filly vhen I open it." he said with a laugh. "Perhaps it is because I am a mystery to zhem, and zhey fear vhat zhey do not know. I do tend to keep to myself."

While Mech spoke, he positioned himself to block Pyro's view of the heart, just in case it had the same complication as the last one. He held the heart and battery under the blue beam, watching again as the heart began pumping in his hooves...

Splat.

Sure enough, just like the last one, the heart had exploded. Mech sighed slightly, carefully removing and disposing of the leftover bits of heart that clung to the battery before he walked over to the fridge. The spy head glared at him.

"I hate you." it said.

"Shush." Mech replied bluntly, taking out another minotaur heart and closing the fridge.

(Meanwhile)

The unicorn mare looked over as she heard a hoof tapping on the wall, and was greeted by a pony much taller than herself. He spoke gently, and the mare thought he seemed nice. He kneeled down to her height and asked for her name, and said that his name was Rock and that he and his friends were stuck here as well.

"Oh, hello... I'm Blassst Zone. Looksss like I'm your 'demomare' for, uh... Whatever thisss isss." she said softly, brushing a piece of her short mint-and-white-striped dark green mane out of her face with her hoof. "It'sss nice to meet you, Rock."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yep, sure is. I'm not totally sure how I got here, but here I am." Spectrum said. "But, uh, I'm not scared. I'm ready to kick some tail! I'm gonna run circles around those blue chumps!" she added quickly. 

Pyro stared blankly, as he usually did when he wasn't speaking or setting something on fire. Then, he spoke a bit.

"Mmph mph hudda hudda hudd-ah. Hudda mmph-mm?" he said cheerfully. (Translation: I think I'll make dinner tonight. Who wants pancakes?)

"Uh... What was that?" Spectrum said, looking at Scone and hoping she could decipher the masked stallion's mumblings better than the rest of the team.

Pyro gave a hum as Mech spoke, explaining why ponies wouldn't trust him back where he came from. He supposed the reasons could make sense, keeping to himself in a creepy mansion wouldn't exactly put ponies' minds at ease. He blinked a bit at the mention of some creatures being created in the mansion. He was about to ask about that when Mech continued, saying he would get visits from kids that had been dared to go knock on his door. After Mech had finished speaking, he opened his mouth again, only to be interrupted by a splat sound.

"What was that? What are you doing now?" He asked, watching Mech go over to some fridge.

Flux was dancing around a room by herself, humming a tune. She had gotten distracted from the search by the music getting stuck in her head, and had decided to dance to it. She was pretty much oblivious, moving around the room seemingly at random with twirls and other various dance moves.

Justice headed back to the waiting room to find Rock there with a new pony. He titled his head a bit before walking into the room, making sure to get into the mare's line of sight before speaking to avoid startling her.

"Hi there. My name is Justice." He said, giving the mare a small smile. "Who are you?"

----------

Flora led the griffon out of the waiting room, happy that his heart hadn't exploded like Spectrum's had. She hoped that what happened to Spectrum didn't happen to anyone else, as she imagined most of them wouldn't be too happy about losing their hearts.

"Alright, I'm ready for whoever wants to go next." She said softly as the griffon left. She looked around the waiting room with a soft smile.

Tehengu walked through the base until he came across the three in the locker room. The scout, pyro, and engineer, if he remembered right.

"How are you guys holding up?" He asked as he entered the room, looking at the machine that had been set up inside it.

Rock smiled at the little green pony she seemed frail yet dangerous at the same time a strange combination he watched as Justice came in standing up holding his mini gun in one hand. Once blast would be properly introduced he hoped they would have time to practice with there weapons and skills.

Rock was glad blast was friendly, but he also had a weird feeling not to touch her, he tactfully made sure he was a few steps away from her

R appeared in the room behind them appearing out of thin air “codename … R … area secure, …. supplies limited” he stood still in the room standing tall

Meanwhile

Scone nodded and tapped the respawner and was about to explain but then stopped and to answer Spectrums’s other question

“said something about making us some pancakes, don’t worry pyro’s a pretty good cook … when he don’t burn the food on purpose, and thank you kindly I’m doing fine! I was thinking about setting up my sentry in  little bit actually get some good defense going up here before the fight!”

"Oh, nozhing to vurry about... Just zhe sound of progress." Mech said, continuing the procedure with the new heart.

He watched as the heart started pumping again, and this time completed the proper transformation. 

"Hold open your ribcage a little bit, bitte." Mech said, holding the modified heart in his gloved hooves while Pyro did as he was asked.

Once the ribcage was open enough that Mech wouldn't end up damaging the heart as he put it back in its place, Mech dropped the heart in and used a syringe to quickly collect a blood sample before he switched the medigun to the regeneration setting to seal up Pyro's chest.

"Zhere!" he said once it was finished, switching the medigun off. "Anozher successful procedure!"

(Meanwhile)

Blast Zone jumped a bit and quickly turned to look as a changeling stallion appeared out of nowhere, introducing himself under an apparent codename, R. Blast's horn started sparking again as she let out a little surprised hiss, but she quickly silenced both.

Not around others, especially ones you're supposed to be teammates with. she thought to herself. Stop getting startled so easily.

"H-hello." she greeted him quietly. "I'm Blassst Zone."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doin' fine, thanks." Spectrum said, answering the griffon she had met earlier as he entered the room - the sniper, if she remembered correctly.

She then turned back to Scone, and glanced at Pyro.

"Oh, okay, cool. Yeah, I could go for some pancakes." she said, grinning. 

She paused for a moment as Scone spoke again, mentioning setting up a sentry.

"Sentry? Sounds neat, what is it?" Spectrum asked. 

Pyro looked over at Tehengu as he entered, and cheerfully asked if he wanted pancakes too, although the griffon could not understand him.

Pyro was a little worried by Mech's response, but fell silent anyways, waiting for the surgery to be over. When the heart was brought back over, it seemed... different, aside from the obvious addition of the battery. Perhaps it was a bit larger or something. Still, he did as he was asked, holding open his ribs until the heart was in place and then let go, watching the hole heal itself over right before his eyes. Once that was done, he got off the table, giving Mech a look for a couple seconds before beginning to walk out of the room.

"I suppose I should thank you, Mech, so thank you." He said, looking back over his shoulder temporarily before exiting into the waiting room, moving over to his son. He looked at the new mare as she introduced herself, giving a small hum.

"Oh, hi dad. I take it the surgery went well?" Justice asked, looking over at his father. Pyro smiled at him and gave a nod before turning back to the mare. 

"It's nice to meet you, Blast. My name is Pyro. I think you can guess what my job is supposed to be here." He said, nodding to the mare.

-------

Tehengu looked around at the three as they responded to his question, as well as talk about pancakes and the pyro cooking them. He blinked a bit, looking at the pyro as he spoke in his typical mumbling way.

"Umm... If you're talking about the pancakes that you're apparently cooking, then sure, I'll take some." He said before turning towards the engineer. "Wouldn't it be better to have the sentry out there? I don't think there'll be much action in here, if any at all. Though you know more than me as to what's happening, so I'll leave you to it."

Scone shrugged 

"well yeah but for the first few minutes of the game i like to kind of puppy guard the the intel just in case ... uhh well ... lets just say in case things don't go well and we need to hold out and stay on defense." 

Scone being the polite southern girl she was didn't want to say the truth which was that she had worked with some bad teammates before and since then always made sure that if her teammates were bad like that again that she could at least defend the intel, 

"after we start hopefully we can gain some ground and i can plop one down on the bridge or something, but uhh yeah come on and take a look at what i got" she said as she puled out her tool box and gestured for them to come see how she made her turrets

across the base

Rock was upset at R for startling Blast he was about to yell at him when the Justice and his father pyro came in. Rock looked around and nodded "alright I find some radio headsets, this will come in handy for the fight ahead! speaking of which i was hoping we would be able to take some time to get to know each other and how we fight  little better, before the start"

r nodded remaining silent 

"You're velcome." Mech said, walking out of the operation room as well to select his next patient.

In the waiting room, he noticed a new mare among his teammates, a somewhat short green unicorn.

"Hello, fräulein." he greeted her. "I am Mech, zhe team's medic."

Blast Zone smiled a bit, glad that her teammates seemed nice, even if the medic seemed a bit strange with his metal parts and cracked goggles.

"Hello, Pyro and Mech." she replied softly to both of the stallions who had just introduced themselves to her.

Mech smiled. He nodded as he heard Rock mention getting to know each other better, then spoke again.

"Yes, good idea, herr Heavy... After all, how good can a team be if zhey hardly know each ozher?" he said. "But, I von't be able to properly sit and talk until I have finished vizh zhe modification for all of you. So, who vill be next?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spectrum walked over and watched, interested as Scone grabbed her toolbox and began to demonstrate how she set up one of her sentries. 

Pyro clapped his hooves and giggled, pleased with Tehengu's response, and with a muffled goodbye was off to the kitchen. Along the way, he stopped by the infirmary, quickly letting the medic know that he was making pancakes before continuing to skip along. 

Pyro smiled slightly at the mare as she introduced herself. He then looked over at Rock as he said he wanted to get the team to know each other better. That seemed like a good idea, but it seemed Mech wanted to finish the surgeries before doing that.

As Mech was looking for his next patient, Flux danced back into the room, finishing with a flourish before opening her eyes and looking around at the others.

"Hiya! I'm Flux!" She chirped happily to the new mare before looking to Mech. "Are you looking for the next patient, Mechy? I guess it's my turn then!"

-------------

Tehengu hummed a bit and nodded in understanding to Scone's explanation, watching the pyro run off to start making pancakes. The griffon shook his head in amusement before walking over to the engineer and looking at what she was showing off to the two of them.

Flora smiled slightly and returned the pyro's wave before she led the spy into the surgery room and began the procedure once again. She wasn't sure if anything was going to be different since she was working on a changeling, but she hoped any differences wouldn't interfere with the procedure.

Scone picked a spot and placed the construction set up “eeyup got these babies to auto set up so that way if ere in the middle of a fight I can set it down and use both my hands, but I can speed up the process manually with my wrench here!” she said working on it, soon a small sentry turret was up and buzzing around scanning the room for targets

“just got to go get some more metal so I can get her running at full capacity!”

across the base R shok his head at seeing the doctor and while his face still stayed blank it was easy to tell he was holding in more insults and quips towards the good doctor.

Rock nodded and said “all right until then ill see if I cant set up some targets for us!” he said walking out of the room, he scanned around and found a paint can “hmmm” he said picking it up

“we can also use this for tactical advantages … as well as taunting enemy” he said shacking it up drawing some bulleyes on the wall

Mech gave a slight nod, walking back into the infirmary. He hadn't appeared to notice that one of the infirmary's white doves was now resting on his back.

"Hello. I'm Blassst Zone." Blast said to Flux, waving as she watched her enter the infirmary.

Blast was about to ask what the medic was doing in there, but then decided that perhaps she didn't want to know and kept quiet, casting a somewhat uneasy glance at the infirmary doors. She watched as Rock exited the room, and quietly followed, watching as he found a can of paint and made some targets on a wall. She glanced at the saddlebag she had taken from her room; it contained three different weapons.

----------------------------------

"Ooh, cool!" Spectrum said, getting a good look at the machine. "So, how does it work? Does it just target any moving thing that's blue, or something else?"

Flux gave a friendly wave to Blast as she followed Mech into the room. She always loved making new friends! When she turned her gaze back to where she was going, her eyes fell on the bird on Mech's back, giving a little 'awwing' noise. Still, she didn't really say anything about it, simply bouncing along cheerfully.

Pyro and Justice followed Rock as he went to set up targets or whatever, aiming to help him out. They watched him paint bullseyes on a couple of the walls, waiting for him to finish.

------

Tehengu made an interested humming noise as the machine came into being and Scone talked about needing more metal to upgrade it. Spectrum then asked how it worked, how it determined between targets.

"Maybe it's something to do with the colors, but that would be unfortunate for any blue ponies that happen to be on the red team." He said, watching the turret.

Scone smiled a bit and pointed to a small sensor on covered in metal “well you see this here doo-hicky is a sensor. Its able to tell the difference between us and them by  our the connection we have to the respanwer .. it works on the same signal. She said going to a nearby locker room and taking as much metal as she could carry; now I got a question for yall; more of a request really. I just want to know a tad more about yourselves and what ya’ll do ..if your comfortable with it that is” she said as she began upgrading her turret

Across the base rock tilted his head at noticing some ponies; were watching him. he went back to work trying to make the bulls eyes as nice as possible. Once he was done he had multiple targets at different ranges and groupings. He put the paint can in one of his pouches. After slowly walking back to where pyro and justice were he nodded and said “allright! So me what you can do!”

Mech gestured for Flux to lay down on the operation table while he aimed the medigun and gathered his tools again. He hummed a little tune as he did so, until he was ready to begin. He went through the procedure just the same as the last couple of times, starting with the numbing injection. He waited, then prodded Flux a bit.

"Can you feel it vhen I touch you?" he asked. "I have to be sure you've gone completely numb before ve begin."

(Meanwhile) 

Blast stood back and watched silently as Rock challenged Pyro and Justice to show him what they could do. She watched intently; she supposed that knowing how the others fight would come in handy when it came time to battle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cool!" Spectrum said, looking at the turret again. 

She looked at Scone as she went to get more metal for the machine, then came back and asked to know more about them.

"Well, uh, I'm Spectrum Splash. I play a lot of sports back at home, and I consider myself pretty fast... I have a pet seal who might be around here somewhere, I don't know... As for my position on the team, I'm the scout, so my speed will come in handy, I guess." Spectrum replied. 

Flux complied with Mech's directions, hopping up on the table and laying down. She sat there as she was injected with something that made her go numb and then Mech poked her.

"Noppers! Can't feel a thing!" Flux giggled, smiling at Mech as she awaited the next step.

Pyro nodded as Rock said to show what he had, charging his horn for a second before a blast of fire came off and struck one of the closer targets, leaving a burn mark over most of the target. Instantly, another blast hit a closer target dead on.

----

"I'm a military sniper turned merc. Guess that's why I'm here as the sniper, huh?" Tehengu said, chuckling a bit after Spectrum had spoken. This sensor thing was interesting technology, that was for sure.

Archived