Over The Hills and Far Away

Dubstep

The sun was shining high as Dubstep left from FIllydelphia, "OK you've got your map right?" an older pony asked him checking the pack on his back, "Yeah dad, I got the map, it's right..." Dub said as he began to fiddle with the pack, "Uhmm right...Ah, here it is!" he said reaching into a pocket on the side, "I swear, you'd lose your head if it wasn't attached son heheh." his dad laughed slipping an extra map into another pocket, "Now I've wrote down the path for you, there's signs along the path too, promise me you won't take any of your 'Shortcuts'? Dub's father said giving him a hug, "Yeah dad, I promise. I mean, c'mon, Ponyville's not THAT far away." he smiled hugging his dad back, "Let mom know I promise to write when I can!" Dubstep hollered to his father as he left the gates of Fillydelphia.

A few hours passed and Dubstep arrived at a crossroad, "Ooook, lets see here." he said to himself pulling his map out, the map was rather new and a neatly drawn highlighted path ran from Fillydelphia to Ponyville, "Hmm, map says to take a small detour around The Everfree Forest....Maybe if I cut threw I could make it there before noon!" he said to him self before thinking, "Oh...Or get eaten alive by some kinda giant critter lurkin in there." Dub pondered, "Hmm, I don't think I'll chance it, much as I love the thought of being a hydra or a manticore's snack, I'm gonna take the safer route heh" he laughed to him self placing the map back into his pack, the wind blowing through the fields and the trees made a beautiful melody, the sounds of varying animals added to the chorus of nature, the rushing of the streams was almost like the conductor, "Ahh, I think I'm gonna like Ponyville!" Dub sighed happily, putting his headphones on to listen to some music.

A little while later, Dub finally made it to a hill just outside of Ponyville, "Sweet and still plenty of daylight left too, though if I took that shortcut I coulda been here hours ago." he said sitting down to take a rest, "Oh my aching hooves, haven't walked this much since I was in school." he groaned thinking about his old gym class, sitting down on the soft grass of the hill, Dubstep gazed over the town, so many opportunity to meet new friends and make new music, Dub smiled as a cool breeze swept across the hill, 'Mmm, I suppose a little rest won't hurt.' he thought to himself, taking his backpack off and placing it beside him, kicking back Dubstep began staring up at the sky, watching what little clouds there were and the occasional Pegasus float by overhead.

Sir Knightly just happened to be laying down on the other side of the hill Dub was on he could hear the other pony talking he came all the way from Fillydelphia. "So you cam from Fillydelphia a nice place I've been there before." He had a sword sheathed lying next to him. "If you need a guide around Ponyville I will be happy to offer. I have been around Ponyville enough to tell you the main places." Sir Knightly wanted to be helpful to a new pony to Ponyville.

"Hmm, oh hi there, yeah Fillydelphia's pretty good, though it can be too quiet at times" Dub said with a light stretch looking over at the white Pegasus a few feet from him, he seemed to be a guard or something judging by the sword that laid a few feet away, "That would be groovy actually, I'm horrible about getting lost!" he said with a chuckle, brushing his striped mane out of his face, Dub stood up and grabbed his pack, "Name's Dubstep, by the way." he said with a smile, hefting his pack into a more comfortable position on his back.

Sir Knightly grabbed his sword and used it as a stick basically to lift himself up to a standing position. "My name is Sir Knightly it is nice to meet you Dubstep. I'm a wanderer so I've been to many places. I keep this sword with me because I have trained myself in sword fighting. But enough about me we should get going into Ponyville so I can show you around. Come on follow me while we get going into town you can tell me about yourself." He was also someone that liked to get to know the person he helps so he can make a great relationship with them.

"Nice to meet you too Knightly" Dub said with a smile, following his new friend down the hill towards Ponyville, "Sounds rather nice, traveling everywhere, don't think I could handle it personally heh" he chuckled, "I'm a musician my self, I specialize in Techno music, but I dabble in a bit of everything, my dad used to get all kinds of instruments from different places, so I never was out of new things to try." Dub said, thinking back on all the different songs his parents taught him, everything from a simple flute to a balalaika, "So how's Ponyville's music scene?" he asked thinking on all the possibilities.

Knightly smiled. "You might like one of the more famous ponies here if you like techno shes a pretty awesome lady. She is a famous artist in our own Ponyville. She unfortunately gets attacked by a mob of fans pretty much every day poor girl. Oh and ya the traveling its pretty great, but it can be lonely at times with no traveling companion. Its a great experience to travel you get to experience different cultures and beautiful scenery." Knightly loved telling about his life as a wanderer because he liked to share his knowledge with anyone willing to listen.

"Cool, I'll have to meet her, bet it's a love hate relationship with all the attention heh." Dub chuckled as he and Knightly neared Ponyville, the smell of fresh baked goods wafted through the air and the sounds of ponies in the market selling their goods ringed in the breeze, "Bet it does get lonesome, but I bet it makes it all that more enjoyable to come home again." he said smiling as Knightly led on

Knightly smiled. "Well even though you might have competition with her you I hope its friendly competition because she really is a good pony. She may be a little shy at first but sometimes shes quick to open up. Oh ya and coming home is always a nice thing to do. But I'm thinking of traveling again at some point. But my welcomed home that I can come back to will always be in Ponyville. This place was a lot more peaceful then where I was raised. I was raised in the Roughrider Ridge that place was a tough neighborhood. If you weren't tough then you wouldn't survive."

"A little friendly rivalry can bring out some of the best music" Dub said, thinking on the couple of clubs he had gotten to challenge the house DJ in, he won a few and lost a few, but had fun doing it, "Ponyville seems like a great place" he said, smiling as they got to town, "With a name like Roughrider Ridge I bet it'd be a tough place heheh" Dub chuckled, the town seemed to have a wide variety of ponies living in it, which means there's all kinds of music to play for the masses, "So where's the first stop on our tour Knightly?" he asked looking over to his friend.

Knightly was happy to see Dubstep excited to look around Ponyville. "Well there is a lot of places we could go look at. There's some great restaurants we could check out. There's some great stores around here. Applejack is usually up by now selling apples. This town is busy with many different things its quite a great place. Oh and if you need a place to stay until you find your own place you can stay with me if you want to." Knightly usually did offer his place as a temporary residency for any pony to stay until they settled themselves in there own place. "Is there any particular place you want to check out first."

Listening to his guide list of some of the places around the town, Dub thought about how much more peaceful Ponyville seemed compared to Fillydelphia, not that it was a hectic place, just different, "Hmm, I'm not sure, there's so much to take in" he said, trying to decide where to start, "Oh, that's nice of you to offer, but I'll probably end up doing like I had to do to get used to Fillydelphia's layout and camp out for a couple days hehe" Dub chuckled patting the rolled up tent on his backpack, "As for where to start on the tour, I'm not sure, do you have any recommendations?" he asked as the scent of apples and cakes filled the air.

Knightly thought of a certain place they could go but wasn't completely sure. There were a lot of great places to go to but he was hungry himself. He knew there was a new cafe that was opening today maybe they could go there. "Well are you hungry we could go to the new cafe that just opened down the street. I heard that its going to have some great baked goods and beverages." was also hoping to run into the mayor there knowing how much she likes cafes. It would be a great oppertunity for Dubstep to meat the mayor of Ponyville.

"Hmm, now that you mention it" Dub chuckled, "I haven't eaten since I left this morning so I am a tad hungry" he said as his stomach began to rumble a little bit at the prospect of a good meal, and if anything, it was a good chance to meet more ponies and maybe see what kind of music they liked, "I'm always up for a good snack, lead on." he said nodding to Knightly as they began on down the streets of Ponyville.