My Fair Limi (Bellosh & Pressy)

Bellosh

xf97W3G.png?2

There’s always a first time for everything, as they say. Lími, a caribou of Whitescar under the care of Jarl Sigrun, had experienced multiple first times for doing things ever since he stepped foot onto the realm of the ponies. Most remarkably, the adolescent bull chose to receive his first ever tattoo, hiring a pony to recreate the mark of his home clan of Askr. Perhaps not as notable among the rites of a coming-of-age caribou was Lími seeing his first play on the world-famous Bridleway; something that Sigrun insisted on witnessing while the two of them visited Manehattan.

Watching My Fair Filly proved for Lími to be a curious case of culture shock. What struck the caribou lad the most was how... mundane the play’s story was. Certainly the plot, involving a scrappy mare learning how to pass herself off as a member of Canterlot high society, seemed very unrelatable for someone not used to Whitescar’s more “coarse” social structure. The musical numbers all sounded alien too compared to the traditional songs of the viking caribou, even if a few of them were strangely catchy. Lími was also slightly disappointed over how the stakes were so low; no battles, monsters, gods, or even malevolent trickster beings weren’t present in any shape or form. The lad admitted though that the sets and costumes were all expertly crafted, and that despite his various biases, My Fair Filly was an experience worthy of remembrance.

When the show concluded, Lími’s guardian saw fit as Jarl of Askr to request audiences with the cast and crew. Lími followed Sigrun as the Jarl used her “powers of persuasion” to enter the backstage. But the young bull stayed silent as Sigun spoke with a multitude of theatre ponies. Lími was the sort of caribou who didn’t speak unless spoken to, so he stayed back from the backstage crowd and tried listening in without drawing attention.....

• 4 weeks later...

j9HoBa5m.jpg

Ah, such a wonderful show! While Coco was still new to this job as opposed to all the veteran actors, play-writes, and cast directors here, she'd already gained a great love for the story of My Fair Filly. The story of a cockney flowermare from Trottingham being taught how to be an upperclass mare by a somewhat pompous and arrogant stallion and the both falling in love... such a beautiful story, and oh, those wonderful music numbers; absolutely wonderful!

Coco hummed one of her favorite little songs from the play to herself as she pushed along a long Z rack that carried several costumes along it's length on some hangers. The song she hummed being one of the last numbers; 'I've grown accustomed to her face'. She only stopped when she bumped into somepony-- or somebou. On the receiving end of the Z rack was a pony sized... reindeer? Coco hadn't seem many reindeer and oh over there speaking with the rest of the crew was an even bigger one! Maybe she wasn't a reindeer at all, maybe she was a moose! Coco gulped a bit and stepped out from behind the shelter of the other end of the rack, approaching the teenage calf, "I'm sorry, sir. Are you alright?"

xf97W3G.png?2

“Ahhhh!” Maybe if Lími had stood off more to the side, he wouldn’t have been rear-ended by a Z rack. Fortunately, because it had not been going too fast, the only real damage to the young bull was to his nerves, for having an object collide with him threw his normally apprehensive self into a sort of stationary panic. Boy, did Lími look like a reindeer caught in the headlights as he reflexively jolted forward and stared behind him.

The adolescent caribou’s courage came back shortly afterward; quickly enough to see an earth pony mare apologize for ramming Lími with the Z rack. At first glace, this pony looked like another member of the crew, although something about her made her stand apart. Maybe because she wasn’t engaging in lively conversation with Jarl Sigrun like the rest. Anywho, like any self-respecting caribou lad, Lími didn’t want to give the impression that the collision bothered him too much. “There’s n-nothing to worry about,” the adolescent avoided making eye contact; “It’s quite alright.” Backing up towards a wall in order to give room for the Z rack, Lími hoped his assurance would be enough to satisfy the mare’s curiosity so that she could be on her way.

Archived