Tat dat Flank! [Tattoo Parlor OOC]

InkTatLogo.png

(( Click the picture to get to the main thread ))

This is quite a bit belated, but an OOC thread wasn't really needed when the thread first came about. Now it's kind of exploded, and died down, so here's an OOC to get things under order, and for other players to converse more easily with one another.

A few quick notes:

Inkbrand's Tattoo Parlor is an Open WoE RP set in Manehatten, where characters can come to socialize with others and, more specifically, get a tattoo from Inkbrand. Up to you if you actually want your character to get a tattoo or if you just want to join in the RPing. If your character wants a tattoo, then it's first come first serve in the order of appearance in the thread (unless there is an in-character reason for Inkbrand to either not want to ink your character or to move your character to the back of the queue).

Characters who want to get a tattoo in RP will, hopefully, get a drawing from me to go along with their RPing experience. I wanted players to be able to fully visualize their characters' new look with their tattoos, hence the drawing. However, I can't guarantee a drawing for every character - sometimes I just don't feel inspired to draw a certain character. Don't take it personally, I'm just not a machine.

Also, I feel the need to add in this disclaimer. Don't make one or two posts in the thread, then not post again until it's your character's turn to get a tattoo. I'm not going to draw a character that hasn't really RPed in the thread at all, because then it feels like you're just waiting around to get a drawing without wanting to actually participate in the thread. Plain and simple. Haven't really had this problem yet, but I wanted to just point this out.

…Yeah, that's it.

Anyways, here's an OOC thread for RPers and myself to use if needed. No sign-ups are necessary to join the main thread, but again, just be mindful of the points in both this post and the opening post of the main thread.

As best as I can tell, the current line-up of RPers in the thread is -

Robikku Pegasus

moonshineTheleocat

Tacobob

ShadowWalking18

Bellosh101

Presteza

Dio

PyroBlaze

Kitomyx

- in a rough posting order, though it'll obviously differ depending on which characters are in talking 'groups' with one another, and the current customer. The in-character waiting line of customers, in order of their first appearance in the thread, is -

Daedalus

Limi

Vinyl

Star Breezer

Nopony Special

Razor

(Razor technically appeared first out of all these characters, but since he obviously entered the shop by mistake and not as a customer, Inkbrand's skipping over him. Shadow, if you want Razor to actually get a tattoo, Razor will have to let Inkbrand know in-character, and he'll be slotted into the waiting list somewhere, probably at the end)

A-yup. Don't think I've missed anyone (if I have let me know!) but hopefully this list will help bring a bit more order into the thread and get people posting again.

Would anypony mind if I brought Flying Brick by?  She'd have met Razor already at the Rave Party, and would have seen Ink's work prominently there as well.  Not sure if she'll get a tat herself; depends on if Ink has an installment plan...

A creepy creeper is the best kind of creeper.

*sage nod*

I'd be down for Flying Brick stopping by, though I'm not really sure what you mean by installment plan?

Smaller payments over time.  She never has enough bits at once to pay for really extensive art, but she'd be willing to pay full price if it wasn't in one lump sum.  Especially as really good art would bring in more bits for a street acrobat, so it's kind of an investment.

Inkbrand's pretty well off at the moment, so a lump sum of bits isn't something that he would be hurting for. It's more the principle of the thing - it'd be very easy for Flying Brick to fun off and never be heard from again, with a full tattoo and only a part of the payment given.

Guess it depends on pretty/cute she is? Since Inkbrand's not hurting for bits, he'd be more inclined to let a pretty mare get by with it. Maybe even pay off with something cheesy, like half bits half kisses (he's already asked out two customers on dates as their payment). You can always just have her stop by IC and see if Inkbrand'll take the bait or not.

Cool beans, see you in the thread Rackenhammer!

IC, Inkbrand can do pretty much anything, so a pony asking for full-body coverage would be fine. So feel free to have your character get into line and request something like that. OOC though, that much detail work would be a pain. Unless I really, really liked the character design and/or tattoo idea, I highly doubt I would draw that sort of request. And like I said in private messages, your character would have to wait in turn like all the others, drawing or no.

Though again, if you just wanted to add tattoos to your character's design, you can name Inkbrand as the tattoo artist (with stipulations, of course. IE, the tattoo was professionally done, not a joke that Inkbrand pulled on your character by purposely giving them the wrong tattoo or something. You know what I mean).

Right, I do realize that would be very labor intensive to draw!

And I do intend to use this thread as a chance to update Flying Brick's design; I haven't really done much with her, so she's languished in the back of my OC stable.  Need to spice her up a bit.

Inkbrand will rip apart the fabric of space and time itself to get his tattoos on ponies.

Eh, we can all just pretend that Flying Brick is referencing a different rave. Inkbrand has definitely attended several, and his work is undoubtedly spread across other NPCs and unnamed characters. So it's fine. Generally, I tend to chronologically order my threads based on when they were first started, so since I started Tattoo Parlor before the rave stuff, I personally say it happened beforehand.

But it's not a big deal, just casually rearranging past and present and future. Just casually going along.

No cause for concern.

*tinkers with temporal distortion*

Archived