A Fearful Sun (Interest Check/OOC)

Hey folks,

So after due consideration Avery and myself are opening our roleplay for a few others to join us. We were having a lot of fun with it and decided it would be nice to share the fun with a few more people and add some more characters to the mix. This will be a continuation of our private roleplay 'Out of the Sky'

So what's the story so far?

The lost son of Princess Celestia has returned to Equestria, in rather dramatic fashion. He was rescued out of the perilous Everfree Forest by a young and brave pegasus known as Stiletto (Zealot).

The Prince, known as Avery (Avery), seems to have no memory of Equestria so together with his new friend Stiletto they are left to pick up the pieces.

A visit from Princess Twilight, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna all confirm that Avery is who he says he is and the pegasus who rescued him is happy to take him in while he recovers.

Now that the alicorn has settled down and Stiletto has taught him a little about how Equestria works, the Summer Sun Celebration is nigh. News of his recovery has travelled and the pair have become good friends. Princess Twilight is organising the celebration of the Summer Sun at her new Castle of Friendship, and she's hoping a good number of ponies can come and help out. Who knows, maybe the new Prince and his friend will turn up as well.

So that's the story. The roleplay will consist of managing the preparations of the Summer Sun Celebration. Then we'll head back home then go to the fair and have fun there, concluding with an all night party and the appearance of a surprise guest who will be an antagonist for another later roleplay.

There will be some posting rules. Minimum of two paragraphs a post and a loose posting order. Loose being each person posts once, then when each person has posted everyone can post again. Nothing major.

So yeah, that's the RP. This will be mostly run by Avery, I'm simply helping out. Still, let me know here if you'd be interested in joining. I'd also like to point out that if you wanted to RP a cast character, that is negotiable as well. Probably have to talk to us about it though just to clear it.

Thanks for your interest.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am its kinda seems interesting

You're not going to forget about this RP like you did our other one are you?

This is a very cool plot! It actually has a storyline and I'd love to be apart of it!

How many characters can we have in this roleplay?

Pfft, I don't know. Maybe one or two. Having a lot of characters with interactions can be a pig to write, so if you want to have more than one character fine just so long as you think you can handle it.

Also guys I do want to draw attention to our two paragraph minimum rule. That would be two paragraphs minimum per character if you're doing multiple. No one lining here please, I know it might be a bit of an ask but this is for the benefit of the RP.

Yeah, go with that. It'll work for our purposes, but those are the rules I'm setting. Any less and, well, I can't really roleplay with that.

This seems very interesting, and I mean very interesting I like the plot line and it is very well said.

Would you be as so interested as to this character.

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/19898-pyriacnin-blitz-ready/

Follow thy link and you will find my Character.

This seems very interesting, and I mean very interesting I like the plot line and it is very well said.

Would you be as so interested as to this character.

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/19898-pyriacnin-blitz-ready/

Follow thy link and you will find my Character.

Nope, sorry, but no.

I've roleplayed with you before and I do hate to say this but... shall we say it lacked the quality I look for in RP partners. 

Perhaps another time in the future.

Meow~!

I has be awaiting such a opportunity to join you and Avery in your epic writings

I hope dew will accept me <3

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/20735-shadow-cocoon/#entry527592

Here be the character I'm using, just waiting on the roleplay thread now!

Be patient, we're waiting just to see what interest this gains.

As for you're character we're quite happy for you to roll a changeling. Thing is we wonder if that won't hamper the roleplay a little. We're fine for you to do it, I'm just advising that if your character is overtly a changeling there will be hostility and we don't really want that. I mean maybe later that would be a good character arc, but yeah. In the continuity of this thread changelings are not welcomed by the Equestrian people, they're reviled and hated. At best they would be treated with an air of distrust, so it might be easier to go with another character.

Granted, we don't have a problem with it and we're not trying to discourage you from roleplaying a character if you want to. We're quite happy for you to do that, it's just it might cause some problems and we want you to have fun with this rather than there be issues we have to sort out in character... hehe. Suffice to say your character will have to join in while disguised, they cannot be overtly a changeling and we sort of just want you to understand the political climate around changelings and give you an opportunity to decide if you want to do this or not. We're fine if you want to, however it may be advised to just go with a different character if you wanted to. That's all. Hehe,

So yeah, let us know what you want to do.

Oh it's fine, thank you for filling me in.

I personally have many Arieons which I doubt will work either, a few unicorns and earth but they don't have a character sheet.

So I'll stick with the changeling and yes of course I'll have her go in disguise, she's not hostile and is quite caring and sweet but don't worry!

Unless you really don't want me to, I can grab a character for it!

Hey, can I join this one?

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/20610-darkness-knight-and-golden-lightning/

I'll be using Darky (the first one) but as a pegasus, and I hope you don't mind if I have him dating Luna or something :$.

Oh it's fine, thank you for filling me in.

I personally have many Arieons which I doubt will work either, a few unicorns and earth but they don't have a character sheet.

So I'll stick with the changeling and yes of course I'll have her go in disguise, she's not hostile and is quite caring and sweet but don't worry!

Unless you really don't want me to, I can grab a character for it!

Not a problem, just thought you should no. We appreciate the fact that your character isn't hostile, however our characters will be if they find out she's a changeling. So yeah. We don't want to stop you playing a character you want to play. That's fine, we wouldn't dream of objecting to it since it does seem like an interesting character. We just want to make sure that's the character you want to play and that you know what the world is like for a changeling. After all, we want you to have fun as well. We were just a bit concerned that it may isolate you in the RP. Hehe.

So yeah, that's fine. Glad you know what's what, feel free to stick with a changeling. 

I do have a few other questions out of character, though they are better suited for a PM. I'll message you later about them. Nothing major, just have to clear up one or two things.

Hey, can I join this one?

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/20610-darkness-knight-and-golden-lightning/

I'll be using Darky (the first one) but as a pegasus, and I hope you don't mind if I have him dating Luna or something :$.

Umm, I took a look at some of your RP. I'm not sure you would be able to keep to our two paragraph minimum rule. As stated in the OP. Umm, can you provide some evidence to the contrary perhaps? No offence, I'm just trying to make sure we all have a good time.

As for dating Luna. Well, frankly I think that's a no. That wouldn't make much sense in the continuity of the RP since Luna is probably a plot critical character in the overall timeline. 'Course, if she turns up you're welcome to try and court her I suppose. I will ask my partner, though I don't think that would be best for this RP to have a pre-existing relationship like that.

Right, probably going to set up the RP in the next day or two.

If there's anyone that wants to join us still, I would advise they join soon, though there will probably be some space for latecomers. 

Please follow this thread since we'll be using it for OOC discussion.

Umm, I took a look at some of your RP. I'm not sure you would be able to keep to our two paragraph minimum rule. As stated in the OP. Umm, can you provide some evidence to the contrary perhaps? No offence, I'm just trying to make sure we all have a good time.

As for dating Luna. Well, frankly I think that's a no. That wouldn't make much sense in the continuity of the RP since Luna is probably a plot critical character in the overall timeline. 'Course, if she turns up you're welcome to try and court her I suppose. I will ask my partner, though I don't think that would be best for this RP to have a pre-existing relationship like that.

About the first part, yes, I actually have, look at this rp I'm making.

http://www.canterlot.com/index.php?/topic/20638-The-Iron-Hoof-(open)

About the Luna part, I understand that. Don't worry, I'll keep it to a minimun with and say that he is just in love with her, mostly to do a pair of embarrasing but maybe funny stuff with that, but only when the time for that arrives and won't touch it again. It would also make like a good reason for him to actually be in the rp, or at least I think so.

Nope, sorry, but no.

I've roleplayed with you before and I do hate to say this but... shall we say it lacked the quality I look for in RP partners. 

Perhaps another time in the future.

I completely understand and I appreciate you for saying this.

About the first part, yes, I actually have, look at this rp I'm making.

http://www.canterlot.com/index.php?/topic/20638-The-Iron-Hoof-(open)

About the Luna part, I understand that. Don't worry, I'll keep it to a minimun with and say that he is just in love with her, mostly to do a pair of embarrasing but maybe funny stuff with that, but only when the time for that arrives and won't touch it again. It would also make like a good reason for him to actually be in the rp, or at least I think so.

That seems acceptable, welcome aboard. Sorry about that, just trying to make sure everyone has a good time. 

Yeah, it would be too difficult for us to work that in I'm afraid. After all your interpretation of the character might be different to ours and that might cause issues since she's already appeared in the continuity and holds some key plot info. Like Princess Celestia as well. I mean, there's no reason for your character not to be in love with Luna. I'm sure quite a few people are smitten about various celebrities. Still, she may not turn up and even if she does and you do try to flirt, things may not end well.

I am sorry, I really am. I'm not the kind to keep people from doing what they want with their characters. But in this instance it's just too difficult to work it in I'm afraid. Sorry again.

That seems acceptable, welcome aboard. Sorry about that, just trying to make sure everyone has a good time.

Yeah, it would be too difficult for us to work that in I'm afraid. After all your interpretation of the character might be different to ours and that might cause issues since she's already appeared in the continuity and holds some key plot info. Like Princess Celestia as well. I mean, there's no reason for your character not to be in love with Luna. I'm sure quite a few people are smitten about various celebrities. Still, she may not turn up and even if she does and you do try to flirt, things may not end well.

I am sorry, I really am. I'm not the kind to keep people from doing what they want with their characters. But in this instance it's just too difficult to work it in I'm afraid. Sorry again.

Don't worry, I understand why you did thay.

Also, if.she were to appear I will not try to get her for him, I'll limit myself to idk, maybe he.getting a bit nervous or doing a pair of em arrasong things he usually doesn't do, but mostly for fun, so don't worry about that.

Don't worry, I understand why you did thay.

Also, if.she were to appear I will not try to get her for him, I'll limit myself to idk, maybe he.getting a bit nervous or doing a pair of em arrasong things he usually doesn't do, but mostly for fun, so don't worry about that.

Alright, I think I got what you meant there. Yeah, fair enough.

Sorry again but like I said, it's just a bit too much work. 

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/20780-a-fearful-sun-closedsee-ooc/

Thread is up. Remember, loose post order. Everyone has a turn, then we reset and you can post again. Not to mention please use this thread for OOC chat.

Alright, let's have some fun. 

We are skipping Storm for this round, he forgot about the RP apparently and I think we need to keep the ball rolling a little. Still, he can introduce himself this round, if he's still up for it...

Archived