Love has no gender (Private)

Slash sat on a beach of a tree with his back against the trunk. His ears twitched to the sound of singing birds, flying around the park. "Another day of doing nothing" Slash said, closing his eyes. Maybe it was time for him to get a job, even though they were troublesome.

Solar trotted on the beach, allowing the salty wind to carrass his shimmering yellow hair. As much as he enjoyed spending his spare time on the beach, it would often times get just as dull as if he were still in the castle, watching his mother take care of her usual tasks. Being a prince was not as exciting as he first thought, but it was much better than his previous lifestyle. At least now, he was more recognized around Equestria as Celestia's only son, rather than the strangely quiet Alicorn that, for some reason or another, lived poorly on the streets in a cramped ally way. Shaking the memory from his mind, he noticed a peculiar-looking pony leaning against one of the trees. Feeling friendly, if still a bit shy, he waved a hoof, wondering if the hybrid would notice.

Slash's ears twitched at the sound of hoofsteps. He opened his eyes a little and saw an...alicorn. He stood up and waved at the alicorn, jumping off the branch and landing on all fours. He flicked his tail and looked in the stallion's direction.

Solar tilted his head in curiosity as the pony leaped from the tree branch he was sitting on and approached him. His suspicians had been correct: he was indeed a hybrid. A cross of a pony and a cat, it seemed. "Hello.." He wrote, the dancing blue letters floating in the air for a moment, before fading.

Slash read the words again and said "I'm Slash Claw". Solar seemed to be quite short for an alicorn. He glanced at his cutiemark and noticed that it was similar to Celestia's. Maybe he is Celestia's son?

"That it is..." Solar replied, growing a bit more comfortable. "If you don't mind me asking... how did you come to be part cat?" He asked, hoping that he did not sound rude with the sudden intervention.

"My uncle made me like this, he's a biogenesist. I was lucky that the fuse was successful; I could have died" Slash replied after reading the words. It was perfectly natural or ponies to ask, since everyone is curious. "What about you? Do you have the inability to speak?"

"I see..." Solar replied. It made sense, but he was still a little confused as to why his uncle would try something like that. At his question, Solar shook his head. "Oh, no. I can speak, I just choose not to."

Solar smiled nervously, a small blush forming on his cheeks. "Ah, well... Maybe sometime later. I'm nervous around other ponies, and it's easier not to speak. But no, it's not a royal thing."

A light blush began to form on the Alicorn's cheeks, and he chuckled softly. "Thanks.." He said. He was so used to staying quiet that even he had forgotten what his voice sounded like. "So... would you like to walk with me?"

"Okay..." Solar said and began walking, watching the waves roll onto the shore, before retreating back into the ocean. His eyes shifted to the sunset horizon for a few moments, and his mind began to wander. He didn't really know the other colt all that well, yet he couldn't help but feel some type of connection. "M-maybe in a little bit we can get something to eat, if you'd like? I'll buy." He said, hoping the offer wasn't too soon.

"That would be great. Don't worry, I can pay for the both of us" Slash grinned, continuing to walk with Solar. Solar seemed to be a nice guy to Slash. He didn't know why, but perhaps it's because Slash wasn't used to this much kindness from somepony. The ponies in the town respect him and talk to him, but they don't hang around him for a long time. Maybe Solar is the kind of guy who sees through ponies in an instant.

• 3 weeks later...

(Terribly sorry for the late reply.)

"A-are you sure?" Solar asked. Normally, he would have insisted on buying if he was the one who offered. However, he feared that he might seem rude if he argued. "All right." He said, smiling. Of course, he had many friends, but he had a hard time believing that they were real. Most of them were only willing to be friends with him because he was Celestia's only son, and heir to the throne. Slash however, seemed different. Solar had a feeling that he was being nice for more than just the fact that he was royalty. "W-where would you like to go?" He asked.

Archived