Nobody parties like the caribou! (Open to all species)

Pretzelparty

The halls of Askr hold was at its liveliest during these times; the times when their chieftain would throw a massive celebration, for either the morale of her warriors or her herd, to celebrate a hard fought battle, or just to show that no matter how harsh the eastern lands of Whitescar could be, it could never dampen the spirits of her clan. The winds outside of her hold howled with their usual ferocity, only to drowned out by the sound of drums, and all manner of other powerful sounding instruments.

Beyond the currently open doors of the massive castle like keep there were crowds of caribou all over the gigantic keep, laughing and cheering; even if one wasn’t in the keep and epicentre of the merriment, that festive atmosphere had spread across to the farthest reaches of the chieftain’s territory.

At the center of the hold was a great hall, one worthy of singing about, the design of it implying strength and hardiness that only the caribou of this region could bring to fruition. The gigantic doors were wide open and with the thunderous laughter, singing, and sounds of happiness that it was a direct gateway to the caribou’s ideal afterlife; it wasn’t, but in Askr hold the herd lives to make the best out of everything… and that includes celebrations!

Almost as soon as one stepped in they could see a well lit hall and Many caribou singing and making merry. Currently there was a hoof fight going on on the center floor with many gathered around watching and cheering the fighters on.

4ILJtif.png

“C’mon, ya whelp! A bull who wants to be in my next raid is gonna have to hit harder -and- faster than that!” Said the cow in the fight, currently dodging and sidestepping each punch and horn based attack the male threw at her. The bull was young, still inexperienced and full of vigor, it was always fun to brawl with these types… especially when- OOF!

A powerful blow struck the Cow in the chest, She lowered her head and a deathly silence fell over the hall before a long and hearty laugh sounded off and the music resumed as the Chieftain of clan Askr rose back up and smirked, “Not bad! but like I said…” With a sudden burst of speed the cow was underneath the male and he found himself lifted and thrown on his back before a hoof landed and pressed on his chest, “... harder AND faster.” she chuckled before walking back into the party and laughing as she rubbed a hoof at her chest, Sweet Tuktu that was gonna leave a mark. No matter, Sigrun wasn’t about to let a single bruise to the chest ruin a perfectly good Party.

This night, Sigrun had chosen to forego her usual long cloak and more traditional chieftain’s outfit to blend in more amongst her herd, Save for the mark on her flank, the streak of silver in her mane and matching eyes, one could easily confuse her for just another able bodied cow of the clan.

Sigrun had sent invitations all over to the adjacent regions and even to the princesses of Equestria and the rest of their royal ilk to attend and bring who they’d like. TO be honest she’d rather hoped that their newest royal addition would stop by, she’d heard the princess of friendship wanted a word with her after the events of the crystal faire raid by the rebel clans and her former mate… but that could wait until after the festivities.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eindride_zpsf7a2bcff.jpg

An empty tankard of cider slammed down on the heavy oaken bar as Eindride sat back. The cow licked her lips, appreciating the drinks she had consumed before turning her attention back onto the fight. The surroundings were rough, loud, and jam packed with bou and other species. Just the way a party in the halls of Askr should be! The roving cow counted herself as lucky to have been in the right place at the right time for this event. She had spent the last season or so roaming the lands after taking a thorough beating at the arena not long before. She still had healing wounds under the forest green cape she had opted to wear to the festivities. The cow wouldn't be competing in any hoof wrestling competitions on this night. 

"Oh!" The sound came from her muzzle in unison with many others as the young bull took a devastating toss from his opponent. When she turned to walk away Eindride decided she might as well talk to some bou and so made her way towards the combatant. There were lots of other caribou shouting encouragement and praise towards the cow and Eindride had to push her way through. 

"Eh! Not a bad fight you gave out there!"

A lone figure strode with purpose up the road to the castle. A thick dark cloak billowed only slightly from the wind under its own weight as it clung around the giant frame of the creature wearing it. These creatures - these caribou - some of them had struck at one the jewels of his homeland. Now he was here to show he would not be bowed. Not in fighting. Not in celebrations. Not in anything. There was nothing he had to prove. It was simply a matter of showing what was.

Boldly, he entered the great hall, not even flinching as a young caribou's body landed in front of him. Stepping over the body as he had others, he came to stand well among the caribou gathered, surveying them. The raucous laughter. The heavy drinking. This was where caribou would see strength of more than just body, but they would see plenty of that, too.

With a hoof, he threw back the hood of his cloak. A mane of stained gold topped his white coat. From under a heavy brow, eyes of blood red glared. His mighty chest expanded even greater as he drew in his breath and announced his presence.

"YEAH!" he bellowed, echoing even over the caribou through the hall.

Bulk Biceps was here.

4ILJtif.png

"Eh! Not a bad fight you gave out there!"

As Sigrun strolled through the various cheering members of her clan she chuckled before she met a somewhat unfamiliar face. This cow's compliment seemed somehow more...direct rather than the vague but passionate shouts of congratulations. The bar nearby was still lively with the noise of hoof wrestling and drinking contests... some of which Sigrun didn't get too involved in as of late as she felt she needed to spare most of her heard from being drunk under the table by their chieftain. Sigrun tried her best to memorize the various faces in her hold especially those who frequented her celebrations. The tall cow bowed to the new face and grinned, "I can't let the new blood in my forces show me up at my own celebration now could I?" she chuckled before lifting her head back up, "I don't believe I've seen you at one of the Askr feasts before, Might I ask your na-"

"YEAH!" Came a bellow, echoing even over the caribou through the hall.

Well there was no need to be that enthusiatic, wait that voice didn't belong to the cow she was currently speaking to. For a moment the hall paused but soon every voice there joined together to shout back with an even great, "OH YEAH!" in retaliation before the pounding of drums and other instrumented resumed! Sigrun glanced at the new comer and chuckled, "quite a physique he has, I daresay he'll be pretty popular for a pony." she thought for a moment and smirked at her unintentional alliteration. She looked back to her fellow caribou and finished her question, "Your name?" she asked in Einreide's direction.

*Why am I here?*

This was normally asked as a question of great philosophical importance.  Given that it was currently echoing through the head of one Prince Blueblood, one could hardly take it as evidence of any substantial mental elevation.  No, it was expressive of simple puzzlement as to why he, an equestrian unicorn whose tastes ran to the refined, was attending a party in the hold of a viking caribou chieftain, which was turning out to be exactly matching the mental picture conjured up by the phrase 'Viking Party.'

It didn't capture the smell, though; that was a thing that had to be experienced.  The air of sweat, ale, mead, roaring fires and roasted food hit his nostrils like a warhammer upon the landing of the airship he came in, and it only increased in strength as he approached the doors.  The Prince hoped that no one could see any hint of green about his gills; to vomit upon arrival would be to ruin any hope of turning this evening to constructive ends.

It had seemed like such a good idea, back home (though in all honesty Blueblood was drunk when he first thought of it).  The whole purpose of his founding IMAGINE, besides the much-needed rehabilitation of his reputation, had been to what wealth and social influence he commanded to promote peaceful developments that would prevent the recurring outbreaks of violence that were unfortunately growing more prevalent these days.  Whitescar was a prime target for these, but the caribou were a proud race, not one to accept help from strangers.  Hence, he had agreed to come along when Sigrun invited Equestrian Royalty to this party of hers, in order to build greater interspecies rapport.

Well, Prince Blueblood's diplomatic career was going to begin in a trial by fire, it seemed.  From the instant the Prince walked through the door, he stuck out like a sore hoof.  He was lost and bewildered, and hence made a beeline for the one familiar thing in view, the bar.  He strode up to it, putting on an air of confidence that he did not in the slightest feel, and asked, "Ah, hello my good, er, caribou.  A pint of your finest, if you please."

The large griffon entered the building with about as much comfort as Blueblood was displaying. Every time Tehengu had met a caribou previously, it had been on the field of battle. Needless to say, they hadn't been friendly meetings, and it was a bit strange to be going to one of their parties to partake in them.

Despite his posh attitude, Blueblood had one thing right here, so the griffon followed the stallion to the bar. Upon arrival, he waited his turn before giving a nod to the bartender and placing his own order.

"Give me something strong, please. I need to relax." He said with a small sigh. He was going to have to get used to this... Being friendly with a race that he had been anything but with up to now.

-------

Flux didn't really like fighting, but that had been fine. It was just friendly sparring after all, nobody really got hurt. The disguised changeling was smiling widely as she bounced out of the crowd, heading towards that white pegasus stallion. He looked strong! On her way, she noticed Blueblood enter, and gave him an enthusiastic wave before continuing on. When she reached her destination, she hopped in place in front of Bulk, smiling widely at him.

"Hiya! I'm Flux! What's your name?" She asked cheerfully, her head tilting to the side at her question.

Arriving to the doors of the great hold, clad in thick cloaks to ward off the cold, stood two figures. One was a giant of a griffon, at least two or three times the average height and bearing the look of a veteran of battle. The other was a griffon as well, though smaller then average griffons and when next to the giant griffon, he looked a lot smaller. They were Razor and his father General Ironclaw, and while the older griffon had an intense look that showed no hint of fear or uncertainty, the smaller seemed fidgety.

"I still don't see why we need to do this. Our family never had any reason to have dealings with the Caribou before." Razor said, looking up to his father.

"Of course not. But those were different times, and now the lands of the Caribou are more...open I suppose it can be said. But now as it stands our family should strive to gain allies and friends in all corners of the world as we can. Remember, it is not merely enough to re-establish our family name and standing, but to further it to greater heights. Our pride depends on it." Ironclaw said.

Razor sighed, "I get it. I really do...but still...." Razor sighed, he only had one meeting with caribou and it had given him such a headache his brain had nearly shut down and he was unable to think straight.

"Just try to behave and don't let yourself get agitated. We don't need to start a fight...at least not right now." Ironclaw said, giving his son a hard look.

Razor wilted slightly under that iron gaze and nodded, "Right...I'll try."

Ironclaw huffed but nodded and pushed open the door with his claw. Stepping into the ruckus of clamoring voices, drink and fight, the two griffons removed their cloaks and made their way in.

"If this is such an important thing, why not just have mom with you. Why did I have to come?" Razor asked.

"Because, you will be a patron to the family when I pass on. It is important that you grow use to these sorts of gatherings so that you can do your part in restoring our family to glory." Ironclaw said, "And besides....your mother believes you and I don't spend enough father son time and she insisted that I take you."

Razor rolled his eyes, "Right. Well, I guess that all makes sense. But still...."

Ironclaw patted his son lightly on the back, "All will be well. You will do our family proud, I know it."

Razor smirked, and nodded.

Maybe things would be different. It's not like he was gonna run into that Caribou cow again....

...right?

((OOC: This will just be the opening for Havardr.))

The halls of Askr. A place he knew quite well. Many celebrations were had there, and he was often a close proxy for the reason of celebration. This one however was different. Caribou, ponies and griffons were all invited to a party to promote peace and camaraderie between races, an endeavor that the High King of Heil-Barn could only praise as one who seeks the same. Power is not always measured in foes defeated, but also in allies whom can stand beside you in peace and war alike. 

Havardr grabbed several casks of his keep's finest mead and slung them over his back before he set off. What sort of party would it be without good mead? As he made his way to the doors he paused momentarily before slamming the doors open powerfully and walked in with his head held high. He made his way to the bar, nodding at the ponies whom were already at the bar. With a twist of his body positioning his legendary spear and a kick with his hind legs, the casks he carried on his back launched off his back and behind the bar. "Some of the finest mead in Whitescar there!" The king said proudly. "Though I don't think it'll be enough, if this is anything like the last party in these halls!" He re-positioned his spear to it's rightful place on his side.

A griffon and pony were already there. "Keep! Give these two a pint of one of the casks I just brought. I'm sure it'll put a spark in their step. I'll be needin one for meself as well!" As the high king looked at the two he spoke up "Don't ya fret, a glass or two of this and you'll be in the partying mood! This here is a celebration and no one ever has a bad time in Askr hall!" The king slammed his cloven hoof down on the bar. "Ah where are my manners? I am Havardr 'Dragonsong', High King of Heil-Barn. Who might you be?"

Finally pushing his way through the doors to the Great Hall filled with mead and joy, was an earth pony dressed in a blue and gray heavy coat. The hood was over his head and lined with white fur. His face covered up in a black balkalava. And his eyes were shielded by a reflective pair of goggles. All together, it looks like the pony had waged war against the tempest's cold, and some how won with some battle damage. There was cool white frost lining his entire coat, icecycles hanging from the fur of his his winter's coat. And even his goggles had been nearly covered by a layer of ice! Such is the cost of piloting an airship with it's helm being outside.

As for the delay in his arrival? Well after droppin off the ponies aboard his vessel, he had to find a more suitable place to land the ship... which was somewhere in the frigid waters. It was a good thing the base of it was originally from a boat!

The stallion tugged his goggles down, revealing his brown eyes, and then removed everything else that covered up his head, revealing the brown earth pony, Java. The stallion wore a large grin on his face as he studied the hall. This... was exactly like he had thought it would be! It was almost like a Tavern in a OnO game! Only better! Because this was real and filled with the closest things to real vikings!

Forget the Grand Galloping Galla! He'd do this party annually instead! Caribou brawling over there! Caribou laughing there! Caribou drinking up a storm over yonder! Everything that simply turned high society on it's head was alight in all it's glory!

Which reminds him... Java's eyes quickly darted about the room till he found a familiar handsome white stallion. Surprised no-pony's swooning over the 'Casonova without a drive' yet. Keyword... YET.

Java quickly approached Blueblood, and through an arm over his neck pulling him close. “Oh come on! You're in the presence of the rowdiest group in Equestria and you hold onto your refinery? They res-”

Java cut himself off a bit soon as a strange but familiar scent had just wafted over his nostrils. His head tilted back, lifting his muzzle into the air to take a few quick sniffs, then one long and hard drag. Where was that delicious scent coming from... no.. not to the left... no... not to the right it was... behind him?

Java lifted himself onto his rear hooves. His fore legs held closely to his chest while his head craned in such an odd manner, he might as well have been pretending to be some sort of raptor. His eyes followed an invisible scent trail not to the source not to far from him. In fact... it was literally right next to him!

What was it? The most inviting red thing he had ever laid his eyes on. It's dull and unintelligent gaze forever stuck, staring into space. It's jaws wide open, but no drool fell out. It's body cooked and seasoned heavily. And decorated with bits of lettuce and some sort of sauce? It might have been the fishes oils. Who knows. But what Java did know... was it was fixin to be in his belly!

"YES!"

The brown engineer came down ontop of the plate like a preying mantis. His fore hooves immediately snatched the plate up after his body dipped downwards. Soon he rose back up facing Blueblood once more with the plate in his grasp.

The fish held a hole from where the earth pony had bit down. The signs of this was where his lips held a bit of the sauce.

The pony remained silent as he chewed. Just savoring the strange salty taste. It was like a beat that was smoked, and slathered in soy sauce... but better. The pony would be one of the few equestrians who'd openly admit how good fish was. But he knew better than to eat it constantly! So it was just a nice treat every now and then.

Once he swallowed and removed the bones from his jaws, he continued where he left off to his friend.

“They respect the loud! The strong! Though... I'm sure you could find some cows who'd find you a curious suitor~”

4ILJtifl.png

The cow suddenly jumped in place as she felt something meet her flank, she'd known this encounter before but she had to admit the last time it was a pony who wound up bumping into her backside when she visited the crystal empire... it seems in her own hold she was instead greeted by a beak? Perhaps some griffin had a bit too much to drink. The tall caribou chuckled before turning around and blinking at the familiar sight of two griffins. The elder individual she knew from the political scene of Aquellia; a member of the noble Ironclaw family. As for the smaller one, she found him familar for a different reason, Razor had met the Chieftain of Askr in Manehattan when she had her tattoo repertoire added to and touched up on. From what she remember, Mister Razor had something of a short fuse and was rather stressed out whenever she spoke to him... seems he couldn't take some light teasing. "Welcome to my hold, General Ironclaw... I believe I've met your..." The cow narrowed her eyes momentarily, studying the features of the two griffin's before resuming her train of speech, "...Son. I must admit I didn't think his interest in me was in such a way" she chuckled softly before extending one of her large cloven hooves to the general and then to Razor. 

For a moment Razor might have felt a few anonymous jealous gazes shot his way before they dissipated and the festive atmosphere drowned them out with it's ferocity. The silver eyed cow gestured to the bar and adjacent feasting table... well one of them. SIgrun had made sure to prepare meals for all types of visitors, including those of an omnivorous persuasion. Sigrun herself was known to occasionally eat fish, she didn't really gain much from it but it tasted quite delectable, on the other tables for those less interested in eating the formerly living there was a large buffet of delicious looking and well prepared types of moss, lichen and grasses, the methods in which they were prepared making them exceedingly aromatic.

Soon there was a thunderous voice that echoed across the hall, belonging to none other than the HighKing of Whitescar. Sigrun grinned at the prospect of the might Havardr gracing her halls, lookign to the general and his son she gestured for them to follow her over to the Bar, "General, I do not recall if you've met the Dragonslayer himself." She gestured to the might looking bull with the magnificent flowing beard and then stepped forward, "Quite the Entrance as usual, My king! I fear those casks may not last the night with so many thirsty mouths present." It was then that Siggy found herself hearing another pair of familiar voices, seems the high-king was -whether intentionally or not- getting to know some other members of royalty.

When Sigrun had firsst met prince Blueblood, she had mistaken him for a member of the royal guard, he did have the build for it. Alas, her assumptions were soon proven incorrect when the two had a friendly sparring match and blueblood found himself thoroughly trounced by his opponent. Once she heard the second familiar voice she smirked and spoke over to the two stallions, "The Prince does have some strength to him... but he may need a bit more training if he wants to find a suitor amongst my herd, Starsson." 

Bulk raised his eyebrow as the rest of the hall responded to his enthusiastic exclamation in kind, then began again in their raucous drumming. Not quite what he had expected, but then, he hardly knew what to expect coming here in the first place. While he could appreciate the blatant displays of physical strength, it was by no means the same as any of the parties he had attended in Ponyville, not even at their most exuberant.

And speaking of exuberance, it practically radiated from the first creature to greet him, a very bouncy purple unicorn mare who introduced herself as Flux. At least there was one other here who he could relate to on some level. "I am Bulk Biceps!" he said over the nearby din, as though introducing his forelegs rather than giving his name. "Glad there's at least one other pony here who's not still trying to be a stuffed shirt," he added, casting a glance in the direction of Prince Blueblood as he sat at the bar.

IJ7nBAh.png

Noise.

Noise, noise, and more noi - ooh, a snowberry!

The vibrant red berries, likely placed as decoration - or perhaps mistakenly brought inwards by some cloven hooves? - sat rather innocently at the bar, but even as her long neck stretched outwards, Yuri's body remained tightly coiled amongst the wooden beams that littered the entire hall, safely removed from the ruckus down below. It wasn't to say she was hiding, not at all - she hadn't flown all the way across the sea to cower amongst the false tree branches for nothing, after all!…but, well…

This, was not what she had been expecting.

As a matter of fact, Yuri silently reflected as she gave up her quest for the snowberries, white snout turning to once again inspect the center of the hall, she wasn't entirely sure what she had been expecting. Or why she had taken the effort.

After visiting with Huscarl and Aranak, their impressive hoards had sparked a buried desire to do more exploring, collect more gems and objects - start a hoard of her own! It was far past time, after all, as most dragons started building their hoards early on. So, after lingering north of the royal city of Canterlot for a while with the other dragons, the only viable direction to set out her search had seemed…north. Unyasi was to the south, her homelands to the east, and to the west -

Well. She'd heard things of western Equestria. Badlands and bad dragons, and such others.

So, north. North had taken her to an ocean, an expanse of water that had nearly depleted her energy just by looking at it. Luckily for her, she'd managed to catch a ride on a rather menacing looking machine that had nonetheless provided her a much needed structure for the long journey over the sea.

And thus, ended up…here.

"Here is where the hearth is," Yuri stated rather sagely to herself, head nodding a bit as she finally unwound herself from the beams and began slinking across them, near cat-like in nature.

It hadn't been a difficult choice to follow the stream of ponies off of the machine and towards this vast hall, but everything afterwards had. Yuri had had no idea that ponies could get so noisy…and what strange ponies they were! Some looked familiar, like the ones she had met in Equestria, but for the most part, they were much more massive, muscled, and with ferocious looking horns spouting from their skulls, almost akin to dragon horns! And the sights, the sounds…it all looked very fun, but Yuri had quickly learned that slinking along the floor was not a smart thing for her to do, as it had taken all of two seconds for a cloven hoof to land rather painfully along her backside.

Thus, left her hanging safely in the air and out of harm's way. But that, in turn, left her lonely and without any way to join the festivities.

…What exactly were they celebrating, anyhow?

Ooh! It was impossible to learn anything of ponies without speaking with them.

A moment of thought, before Yuri visibly perked up, ears flicking slightly as her pink eyes zoned onto some ponies standing about with mugs in their claws. These ones looked normal, similar to the ponies she'd met in Equestria, along with some larger, feathered creatures she knew were called 'Griffun's. Perhaps she could engage these in the small talk, as they were relatively removed from the middle of the floor filled with deadly cloven hooves. Meaning she could potentially settle closer to the floor without risking being trodden on.

Yes…yes! As the ponies might say, true brilliant!

Without giving it any more thought, Yuri abruptly untwined herself from her current beam of choice to swivel in the air, long and lithe body automatically twisting into tight curls as she swooped once around the hall, before slowly begin to circle lower. A good landing place made itself apparent next to a large Griffun, and though his rather put out expression made the easter dragon hesitate, the notion passed as quickly as it had alighted. Careful to keep her elongated body mostly in check, Yuri wasted no more time depositing herself into the seat next to the Griffun.

Success!

…Mostly. Concentrated on twisting her body as tightly as she could to help seat herself, her hind legs nevertheless remained clawing at the floor and seat, with a mass of her coiled body claiming most of the stool. Luckily, this at least allowed her to rest her fore claws along the tabletop, even if her long neck had to crane downwards so she could meet the Griffun's gaze.

"Greetings, Griffun friend!" Yuri said brightly, leaning her snout a bit closer to the other so she could be heard over the noise, noise noise. "You are having the time of your life with the pony folk, yes?"

The frigid north stung Dunder through his natural grey coat, pink shirt, and even thick black coat trimmed with faux fur. The pegasus' wings clasped to Dunder's barrel as he trudged his hooves through the fluffy white snow. One leg in front of the other in front of the other... in all reality the stallion was just being a wuss. The others Java had dropped off all took off to the party, and Dunder was coming up late because the cold was cutting deeper. It always had. But the pegasus wasn't a wimp, merely his window of tolerable temperatures shifted more in favor of hotter climates. A simple tradeoff, one of many, his blood carried.

Eventually the pony reached the chamber doors, and used his head to push one open. As the door's hinges groaned awake at the push, Dunder could feel a rush of warmth shoot through his coat. Also his ears were flooded with the cacophony of cheering, shouting, and hearty laughter. the warmth beckoned the pony past the door through the portal. As the entrance clanked shut behind him, the pony surveyed the crowd. Dunder had been getting sneak peeks of caribou culture in his rare visits to the frozen north, but never any party like this. The group Java had dropped off. The already dissolved among the caribou. For a moment Dunder's mind drifted back to the arena, he wondered if anybody would recognize the pegasus. He was currently 1 to 1...maybe a fight could get started by his reputation. If he had any.

After taking his brief moment at the entrance, the pony was sufficiently warm, but decided to keep on his cloak. He trotted closer to the crowd and snaked his way through what he needed to. The crowd of caribou was large, for the most part they were too tall and deep in conversations or ale to care. As he snaked through the crowd, his ears flicked to recognizable voices. Java was one, no doubt, blueblood, and another he couldn't make out but was recognizable. He heard this voice recently too. at times like this Dunder wished he had diamond dog smelling capabilities.

The pony let out a sigh as he considered. Either hang out with the group he hung out with on the trip there, or investigate this voice to jog his memory. Either way, the pony headed to what seemed to be a bar.

There he saw the same bunch that he had traveled with, but there were two large griffons he didn't recognize. One of them was frighteningly large. Except when he caught the beaky profile of one. "RAZOR!" Dunder called outloud, a smile slapping itself on his face as he approached. The pony was delightfully surprised at the sight. "I'm glad you are here, actually. I kinda made a promise to Zelda, so I'mma help you improve your birdbrain relations with these caribou. The good 'ol fashioned way~ And don't be upset, this is to help you too." Dunder spoke over the crowd's ambient noise as he approached. He spun his head to the left, then to the right, "Point one of 'em out. You'll be irresistible because you're 'exotic' n' stuff."

Princess Celestia took a moment to observe her destination, the Askr hold, from the air before making her descent.  Even from this distance the gathering was quite impressive.  The sound in particular, which reached her even all the way up here, though all the celebrating voiced blended together into a cacophonous, though joyous noise.  She was hardly surprised, as the invitation had explained the celebration was caribou in origin but all species were welcome.  Celestia would have almost been disappointed if a spectacle did not result.  Still, she took a moment to simply observe it.  Then she chose a destination, finding a clear spot just outside the main gate, folded her wings and began a steep descent.

Spreading her wings again while still in the air, Celestia slowed herself into a graceful landing on the grass below, which would have been silent save for a gentle flapping of her wings.  Her travelling cloak settled around her with the hood down moments later, a simple, golden-yellow affair save for a few spells woven into it for added comfort and durability.  Even Equestria's princess of the sun was not immune to the cold of Whitescar.

She came alone this time.  While she hopes of strengthening ties between Equestria and Whitescar, strictly speaking she was not here in an official, diplomatic capacity.  She did not need an escort, even an honour guard.  This was a party after all, she was here to celebrate, to learn and to start some hopefully long term interactions.  Essentially, to make friends.  She smiled, a little amused by the thought, and pleased that an opportunity to get away had aligned so perfectly with her goals as a leader.

Celestia wasted no time passing through the gate, heedless of any onlookers for the moment, and finally getting a look at the celebration from the in the midst of it.  She took a moment to observe, struck by the rowdiness of caribou, even seeing some apparently good-natured combat.  Hardly surprising given what she knew of the culture, but she spent enough time in Canterlot that it would take some adjustment all the same.  The princess spotted a few individuals that she recognized for one reason or another as well, and even waved briefly when she spotted her nephew among the crowd.

Though her goals were present in the back of her mind, she was content to merely observe for the moment.  She would have the whole evening to find and converse with caribou of significance or who caught her interest, and there was plenty to be learned from the proceedings alone.

The life of Prince Blueblood might be fairly described as two decades of no significance or interest, followed by an increasingly rapid series of surprises, most but not all due to his lack of perception.  

For example, event though most ponies had zero knowledge of caribou politics or prominent figures, upon seeing the grand beard and bulk of Havardr they would have felt instinctively that this was one worthy of due respect.  The Prince, on the other hand, was unfamiliar of the very idea of such figures doing menial delivery work, and so upon the delivery of the mead, he addressed the bringer of drink as if Havardr were a common tradespony, "Hmph, well it's about time you got here, then!  I should hate to be served with an inferior product after crossing half the planet in a mad stallion's flying boat!"

In defense of the Prince's behavior, his tone was filled more with the irritated candor one reserves for one's equals, rather than the condescension one gives to one's inferiors.  Still, the rank-conscious Blueblood was internally mortified once Havardr introduced himself as High King Dragonsong, one of the half-dozen figures in the world that the unicorn would unreservedly admit outranked him.  *Here for less than five minutes, and that's one diplomatic faux pas already.*  It was enough to drive a pony to drink, but it would have been too rude to do so before giving his own name in turn, "Ah, pleased to meet you, your majesty.  I am Prince Blueblood, of Canterlot."  He managed to keep his internal shame buried, and was just about to raise the now-filled flagon to his lips when he was interrupted again.

“Oh come on! You're in the presence of the rowdiest group in Equestria and you hold onto your refinery?”

And there he was, the aformentioned mad stallion with the flying boat.  Blueblood's relationship to Java was a... complicated one, the contrast between the two of them making the quintessential 'odd couple' friendship.  Personally, the Prince felt that to hang on to good manners in an unpromising atmosphere was a great effort of heroic virtue, and was about to remark as such when the coffee colored pony suddenly leaped upon and devoured what had mere hours ago been a blameless piscene citizen of a Whitescar lake.

"Why... in... Equestria are you eating that?"  The unicorn was transfixed, partly by the almost ghastly sight, but also by the rather gormless look that the dead eye of the fish was giving him.  But that was a minor issue, compared with what his friend brought up next.

“They respect the loud! The strong! Though... I'm sure you could find some cows who'd find you a curious suitor~”

Oh, no.  This was a thing that had to be nipped in the bud.  Not that the Prince found the caribou unattractive, per se; he had a real eye for beauty, and he couldn't deny the appeal of the exotic, statuesque forms present in abundance about him.  But there were very few more effective ways of making a stallion feel inadequate than attempting to woo a female ready, willing, and able to knock him clear into next Wednesday.  "I'll have you know, Java," He replied, summoning as much rectitude as he could muster, "That I am not, in fact, a constantly lecherous casanova who can only keep one thing at the top of his mind-"

"The Prince does have some strength to him... but he may need a bit more training if he wants to find a suitor amongst my herd, Starsson."

And just like that, Blueblood's attempted defense of the fortress Ego was broken and routed by the real reason why he would probably not attempt any courtship here, while sober and in his right mind.  Otherwise, of course, he might go so far as to challenge or accept the challenge of single combat.  That was, in fact, exactly how he had ended up in the ring with Sigrun, who had handed him his flank in short order.  "And I suppose you have a regimen in mind, do you?"  He sighed with a weary sarcasm as he lifted his pint of mead at last to his lips.

This is when Blueblood learned that one does not simply sip Whitescar's finest mead.  The strong vanguard of taste hit his tongue running, charging the back of his throat with such force that his entire head tilted back, surrendering to the full march of the main liquid body, which poured into him with one draft, nary a drop spilled.

*WHAM!*  With a decisive gesture, the Prince slammed the now empty flagon down on Java's plate, removing one source of irritation at least as the glassy stare of the fish was consigned to crushed oblivion.  The sudden intake of mead provoked its inevitable belch, with Auntie Celestia having come in just in time to see him no less, but it had already started too many fires in his brain for the embarrassment to take any root.  The High King hadn't been kidding when he said that it could put you in the mood for a caribou party!

Newly charged with this emotion, for possibly the first time in his life, Prince Blueblood whirled to face the speaker of the phrase stuffed shirt, which he had just overheard.  "Excuse me."  He said in a loud voice to the approaching Bulk Biceps.  "Did you wish to voice criticism upon my demeanor?"  Mead or no mead, this was still the prime example of a Canterlot noble speaking...

The cow suddenly jumped in place as she felt something meet her flank, she'd known this encounter before but she had to admit the last time it was a pony who wound up bumping into her backside when she visited the crystal empire... it seems in her own hold she was instead greeted by a beak? Perhaps some griffin had a bit too much to drink. The tall caribou chuckled before turning around and blinking at the familiar sight of two griffins. The elder individual she knew from the political scene of Aquellia; a member of the noble Ironclaw family. As for the smaller one, she found him familar for a different reason, Razor had met the Chieftain of Askr in Manehattan when she had her tattoo repertoire added to and touched up on. From what she remember, Mister Razor had something of a short fuse and was rather stressed out whenever she spoke to him... seems he couldn't take some light teasing. "Welcome to my hold, General Ironclaw... I believe I've met your..." The cow narrowed her eyes momentarily, studying the features of the two griffin's before resuming her train of speech, "...Son. I must admit I didn't think his interest in me was in such a way" she chuckled softly before extending one of her large cloven hooves to the general and then to Razor. 

For a moment Razor might have felt a few anonymous jealous gazes shot his way before they dissipated and the festive atmosphere drowned them out with it's ferocity. The silver eyed cow gestured to the bar and adjacent feasting table... well one of them. SIgrun had made sure to prepare meals for all types of visitors, including those of an omnivorous persuasion. Sigrun herself was known to occasionally eat fish, she didn't really gain much from it but it tasted quite delectable, on the other tables for those less interested in eating the formerly living there was a large buffet of delicious looking and well prepared types of moss, lichen and grasses, the methods in which they were prepared making them exceedingly aromatic.

Soon there was a thunderous voice that echoed across the hall, belonging to none other than the HighKing of Whitescar. Sigrun grinned at the prospect of the might Havardr gracing her halls, lookign to the general and his son she gestured for them to follow her over to the Bar, "General, I do not recall if you've met the Dragonslayer himself." She gestured to the might looking bull with the magnificent flowing beard and then stepped forward, "Quite the Entrance as usual, My king! I fear those casks may not last the night with so many thirsty mouths present." It was then that Siggy found herself hearing another pair of familiar voices, seems the high-king was -whether intentionally or not- getting to know some other members of royalty.

Razor found the crowds to be....a bit difficult to maneuver through with his height. Unlike his father, who could easily rub shoulders with one of these caribou and push himself through with ease, Razor had to maneuver more dexterously to avoid getting crushed or pushed. But even that seemed a failure as he ended up bumping into someones flank, and he stepped back a bit and rubbing at his beak. These caribou were thickly muscled and this one especially so in the rear.

His father looked at him with a slight frown, and they both turned to address the caribou, Razor mostly to give an apology...

..or at least he was till he saw who it was that he ran into. His eyes bulged, his face went hot and despite his resistence his talon shot out to point at Sigrun.

"You again!" He exclaimed in horror. This was that caribou cow that nearly gave him a fit. He was sure he would have had a near total mental break down if she and Zelda hadn't finally let up and the cow had left. Just seeing her was making him feel twitchy as one of his eyes twitched for a moment or two.

Wait...her hold? This was her home!!!!!

While Razor merely stood their gaping, and pointing in shock, his father too a more productive turn and slammed his talon onto his sons head. Razor's mouth shut and his head nearly went to the floor from the power of the blow as his talons went to his head and he groaned a bit in pain.

"Ah, forgive my son," Ironclaw said, giving a slight bow of his head to Sigrun, "It is a great honor to be within your hall Chieften. It is my hope your hold and my house can become profitable friends as well as with the rest of your people. I must confess though, I did not know that my son knew you already."

Ironclaw clamped his talon onto his sons head, perhaps a bit too tightly and hefted his son up to give him a glare, "He failed to....mention that little detail."

Razor gulped, "I....I...meant to but..." Razor was immediately let go and fell onto his legs, rubbing his head a bit in pain.

When Sigrun made her joke of Razor's interest in her, Razor blushed immediately and said quickly, "I...THat.....that's not I don't...I didn't..." Razor tried to speak, but gulped and his eyes darted this way and that as he felt....suddenly surrounded. Like someone wanted to hurt him....then it passed....slightly.

Ironclaw merely huffed and looked at Sigrun with a smirk, "Yes...you seem to have him babbling. I have found that means he finds a female attractive if they can get under his skin like that."

Razor growled and gave his father a glare, who merely glared back at him.

Still, Ironclaw thought this might be useful. While he would still need to work on the details, if Razor did have a thing for this Caribou chiefteness, it might prove useful to further that attraction. That is unless she was merely teasing his poor son. Razor usually got that a lot.

And if his wife were here, no doubt she would be trying her hardest to set their son up with any number of the females here. So might as well see if it did occur it had some benefit to their family name.

As Ironclaw pondered this, Sigrun introduced him and his son to the Caribou High-King of White-scar himself. Now this was most unexpected. General Ironclaw bowed his head, deeper then the one he gave to Sigrun and gave a sharp look to his son.

Razor of course, still red in the face in embarrassment, knew how to handle this sort of meeting and gave an equally deep bow.

"It is an honor to meet the great king." Ironclaw said.

"And an honor to me as well high-King." Razor said.

Both the Ironclaws lifted their heads, and Ironclaw decided that for now his plan could begin in part.

"Lady Sigrun, I must depart from your company for a time. There are a few here who I must speak with. Though if it pleases you, I give the company of my son and heir. He shall speak with the full authority of our house as I do on this trip, and I hope his company will please you till we can discuss some more later."

Razor's head snapped towards his father, "What!?!"

Ironclaw merely glared at his son, and the two gave each other such intense stares that a match could have been stuck by them. Though finally Razor bowed his head in defeat. He knew he didn't have a choice in this. Not if he wanted to walk out of this with his bone still in one piece.

though even that was up to debate.

He stepped forward a bit, "If it...pleases you Lady Sigrun. Perhaps we may converse for a time."

Ironclaw merely nodded, giving one last nod to Sigrun before moving off.

Now he could see if his son could handle these type of political gatherings on his own, and he could move on to some of his own duties at this gathering. Leaders to meet, alliances to make with the High-King and....wait was that Princess Celestia!?!

'Now I'm really glad Glemmer didn't show up.' The general was sure his wife was not that crazed on getting their wayward son a mate, but he did feel a bit relieved that he would not have to worry about the possibility of her trying to hook up their son and the equivalent of a goddess.

Still with the ruler of Equestria here, that would make this perhaps the biggest chance for the good General to not only establish good ties with the caribou of White-Scar but also perhaps gain a closer relationship and alliance with the ruler of Equestria as well. Ones family could never have enough friends in high places.

---------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Razor stood where his father had left him.

Left him to a pack of wolves! Despite his attempts to stay clam, his talons were shaking. Either in fear or rage he wasn't sure.

What was the game of this? This caribou frankly drove him mad! Literally!!!! So why did he have to spend time around her!?!

'Just say no. Just say no. Just laugh and brush me off or something!' Razor thought, hoping to whatever powers that be that Sigrun wouldn't want him around. Then at least he could have an excuse to not be around....

"RAZOR!" Dunder called outloud, a smile slapping itself on his face as he approached. The pony was delightfully surprised at the sight. "I'm glad you are here, actually. I kinda made a promise to Zelda, so I'mma help you improve your birdbrain relations with these caribou. The good 'ol fashioned way~ And don't be upset, this is to help you too." Dunder spoke over the crowd's ambient noise as he approached. He spun his head to the left, then to the right, "Point one of 'em out. You'll be irresistible because you're 'exotic' n' stuff."

...her. Razor's heard someone speak his name and draw close. The person spoke a bit, though Razor listened half heartedly, so intent on his hopes to be dismissed from Sigrun that all he could do when he heard the words point was to...

..well was to point.

He lifted his talon just slightly that only Dunder would have seen it, shaky and twitch before setting it down. But it did point right at Sigrun.

He just knew she would try to make him go crazy again! He just knew it! The cow was like every other mare he met, all of them trying to drive him insane!!!

Worse she had actually succeeded!!! And she might actually do so a second time! It was maddening!!!

Princess Celestia took a moment to observe her destination, the Askr hold, from the air before making her descent.  Even from this distance the gathering was quite impressive.  The sound in particular, which reached her even all the way up here, though all the celebrating voiced blended together into a cacophonous, though joyous noise.  She was hardly surprised, as the invitation had explained the celebration was caribou in origin but all species were welcome.  Celestia would have almost been disappointed if a spectacle did not result.  Still, she took a moment to simply observe it.  Then she chose a destination, finding a clear spot just outside the main gate, folded her wings and began a steep descent.

Spreading her wings again while still in the air, Celestia slowed herself into a graceful landing on the grass below, which would have been silent save for a gentle flapping of her wings.  Her travelling cloak settled around her with the hood down moments later, a simple, golden-yellow affair save for a few spells woven into it for added comfort and durability.  Even Equestria's princess of the sun was not immune to the cold of Whitescar.
She came alone this time.  While she hopes of strengthening ties between Equestria and Whitescar, strictly speaking she was not here in an official, diplomatic capacity.  She did not need an escort, even an honour guard.  This was a party after all, she was here to celebrate, to learn and to start some hopefully long term interactions.  Essentially, to make friends.  She smiled, a little amused by the thought, and pleased that an opportunity to get away had aligned so perfectly with her goals as a leader.

Celestia wasted no time passing through the gate, heedless of any onlookers for the moment, and finally getting a look at the celebration from the in the midst of it.  She took a moment to observe, struck by the rowdiness of caribou, even seeing some apparently good-natured combat.  Hardly surprising given what she knew of the culture, but she spent enough time in Canterlot that it would take some adjustment all the same.  The princess spotted a few individuals that she recognized for one reason or another as well, and even waved briefly when she spotted her nephew among the crowd.
Though her goals were present in the back of her mind, she was content to merely observe for the moment.  She would have the whole evening to find and converse with caribou of significance or who caught her interest, and there was plenty to be learned from the proceedings alone.

Deciding that the best thing would be to give a greeting to the ruler of Equestria, and perhaps finish and conversation that needed to be done with her first before he got into the more rabble rousing diplomacy of the caribou, which was sure to involve fights and drink, General Ironclaw made his way over the Celestia.

As he approached the Alicorn of the Sun, he gave a deep bow, "Princess Celestia. It is a surprise, but great honor to see you here."

With that Ironclaw stood straight and hoped that his greeting was sufficient. Frankly he had never had to meet directly with Princess Celestia before...or ever. Mostly he dealt with lower equestrian nobility, as his family still was not to their full standing again, but that might all change after this gathering.

Tehengu hummed to himself slightly as he looked back at the doorway, noting the two new griffons entering the hall. The larger, and older of the two, looked rather impressive. The other he recognized from the whole foal situation back in Ponyville. At least that whole thing had ended up just fine. Before he could look at them any longer, however, a caribou male came over, depositing his burden of alcohol behind the bar before speaking to him and the prince.

The mercenary still wasn't used to being on friendly terms with the caribou, but he recognized that this one was likely of higher rank. As such, he nodded to him in respect before picking up the mug the bartender supplied at the caribou's request.

"My name is Tehengu. It is nice to meet you as well, sir." He said, looking over at Java as the stallion spoke, completely devouring a fish as he did so. "Hey, fish don't taste bad, Blueblood." He spoke after the prince's question. Soon enough, the unicorn turned to confront a very well-muscled stallion. He shook his head slightly before downing the mug, enjoying the drink that poured down his throat.

He didn't notice the dragon settling in beside him at first as he felt the alcohol work it's magic on him. That king wasn't kidding about this brew. He blinked when he heard a voice from beside him, looking over to come face-to-face with a female dragon. He leaned back, a bit uncomfortable being that close to a dragon. After a moment, he realized she looked friendly, and he relaxed again.

"Hello... I suppose so, ponies can be a fun bunch." He replied, looking at her. "My name is Tehengu, what's your's?" He asked, holding out a claw for her to shake.

------------

Flux smiled at the pony as he introduced himself as Bulk Biceps. Well, it was very fitting, at least. She tilted her head a bit at his other words, looking where he indicated to see Blueblood, who had apparently heard and turned to confront Bulk. The disguised unicorn waved happily at the white unicorn.

"Hiya Bluey! Have you met Bulky before?" She asked happily, beaming at the prince. And then her gaze traveled to the side, spotting yet another pony she knew. "Javvy! You're here too?" She called to him, waving her greetings to him as well.

IJ7nBAh.png

Ah, there it was again, the funny little greeting the ponyfolk enjoyed engaging in.

Despite it strangeness, Yuri had gotten rather used to it by now, and she smiled widely as she reached out to give the outstretched claw a quick tap with her own, almost like a cat attempting to swing at a ball of yarn. Perhaps the next time she greeted someone new, she would initiate the strange greeting, but for now, she was simply glad to have found a kindred spirit amidst the rowdiness and noise from the hall.

At least, she hoped the Griffun was a kindred spirit, and not about to dance his way across her backside.

"I'm Yuri!" the eastern dragon announced brightly, leaning forward even further so that she nearly loomed over the male, "that's with an 'i', see?" A quick swipe through the air was meant to demonstrate the alphabetic symbol in question, though it more or less looked as if she were clawing at nothing. But that is what ponies did sometimes, gesticulate their stubby little hooves about to make clear their meaning.

"Yes yes, much fun," Yuri agreed whole-heartedly, twisting her neck around to take in the rowdy group of ponies making use of the large hall, "though I must admit, I've never seen ponies so large before. And they are not very colorful," she added, with just a touch of disappointment coloring her voice. The ponies she had met and conversed with down south had all been a myriad of different colors and patterns, but nearly all of these larger, horned ponies were varying shades of brown. Perhaps something of their living conditions, up here in this frozen north, caused them all to grown long and fluffy brown fur to cover their otherwise bright colors? And they simply shed their furs whenever they migrated south to warmer climates.

Did, ponies shed?

Well, that was a question for another time, and Yuri quickly refocused back onto the Griffun as an earlier conundrum popped back into her forefront of her thoughts. "Do you, perhaps, know of the celebrations being seen to today?" she questioned curiously, pink eyes once again roving back onto the various ponies all engaging in celebratory activities. She had wandered into the halls nearly by accident - the least she could do was inform herself of the going-ons she was immersed in.

[[ OOC: She's pronouncing her name Yoo-ree with a slight tongue roll on the r, as opposed to the western pronunciation Yer-ee. ]]

"Excuse me, Did you wish to voice criticism upon my demeanor?"

The sudden approach of the stuffed shirt in question had surprised Bulk, that was for certain. For one thing, he was amazed anyone could have heard such a comment above the din of the room unless they had been standing in front of him, maybe not even then. Bulk didn't let much of that emotion linger on his face though steeling his gaze upon Prince Blueblood. After all, here was this unicorn, arrogant beyond all reason, always questioning the reasons anyone may have had to be invited to the same party as though his standards were the only ones that mattered. He'd been insufferable in the Crystal Empire, and he was turning out to be just as bad when not even in Equestria.

And then it came to Bulk. They weren't in Equestria at the moment, were they? No, they were in Whitescar, in the middle of a caribou party, full of mostly rowdy camaraderie, but still more than a little drunken brawling, some of it good-natured, some of it over any little slight that could be brought up.

Well, when in Roam...

"Yeah, I know him!" he replied to Flux, "Most stuck up pony ever, even though the only thing he's ever accomplished in his life was being born into the right family! What's the matter? Didn't the caribou tell you I was coming so you could stay home and not feel so tiny?" he finished, his voice rising to its usual bellow with each word, his smile of satisfaction growing wider.

One way or another, this was going to be a party to remember.

4ILJtifl.png

Sigrun bowed to the General and smiled, I understand fully... It's not often one gets a chance to speak to the Princess of the sun. Enjoy the party general!" Said the statuesque caribou before looking back at the smaller griffin. He stepped forward a bit, "If it...pleases you Lady Sigrun. Perhaps we may converse for a time." The cow smiled and nodded, "I think I'd enjoy that... I have something I feel I should say to you, So this works out quite nicely." Sigrun gestured for Razor to sit down at the bar, there was one stool between the two at the moment as the Caribou remembered his reaction to his previous close encounter with her. SIgrun Hoisted a flagon of the Mead to her lips and swiftly downed it with a thunderous belch before chuckling, "So--"

"RAZOR!" Dunder called outloud, a smile slapping itself on his face as he approached. The pony was delightfully surprised at the sight. "I'm glad you are here, actually. I kinda made a promise to Zelda, so I'mma help you improve your birdbrain relations with these caribou. The good 'ol fashioned way~ And don't be upset, this is to help you too." Dunder spoke over the crowd's ambient noise as he approached. He spun his head to the left, then to the right, "Point one of 'em out. You'll be irresistible because you're 'exotic' n' stuff."

It seemed another equine had joined the party, This one had the kind of build that gained attention in this hold; just form an initial glance at him, Sigrun could tell he was no stranger to conflict. He was sure to be quite popular with the boisterous presence he commanded. Sigrun was too busy enjoying the sight of Blueblood downing that mead like a champion! She knew she could see some promise in him! TO be honest, she could suggest a regimen for him, maybe teach him a couple things but that could wait until after the festivities. "Well, Sir Ironclaw... Are you going to point out the cow you're interested for the evening?" she asked playfully before looking back at Razor, "While you figure it out... I feel I should apologize for my actions in Manehattan. Perhaps I was having a bit too much fun on my trip to Equestria and let my more mischievous side get the better of me. Would you like to start over?"

eindride_zpsf7a2bcff.jpg

It had been a quick encounter with the Lady of Askr but enough for the time being. Endride was normally one to strike up the most opportune encounters that she could and there were certainly many fine ponies, bou, and griffons, to rub hooves with. Oh, and dragons?! Her dark eyes sparkled as she caught sight of the cat-like grace and fluidity of the beast. Eindride made her way over to the bar where the dragon was conversing with a griffon she had not yet met.

"Do you, perhaps, know of the celebrations being seen to today?"

The dragons voice issued like bells on the wind in the caribou's ears. She had always been interested in dragons such as this one but thought them far out of reach even in her most remote wanderings. To have one right here before her was truly something special!

"You find yourself in the halls of Askr tonight, at a gathering held by Sigrun the Chieftain of the clan." She smiled and nodded at both dragon and griffon. "Excuse my being so bold but...long have a wished to meet a being of your ilk." She bowed her head a touch as a sign of offered good will.

She then turned to greet the griffon. "I am sorry to have interrupted, my curiosities sometimes get the best of me. I am Eindride the Wanderer of the Serpent's Spine.

The griffon didn't look too ecstatic to see the pony. So little so that it almost hurt the stallion's feelings, but it also made the stallion curious. What could make this griffon that was usually so collected shake like a naked diamond dog? The thought troubled Dunder, but not for long as he saw the Razor's talon rise and point at the cow that was adjacent to the two males. She was a prime example of caribou beauty indeed. The stallion was too caught up with Razor to notice the cow across from them. Long, silky brown mane with a silver highlight that complimented her cutting silver eyes. And her physique was lithe and still curvy at her rump, but he could tell that her muscles were that of a warrior. No shortage of those in these lands. And she was more likely to be a more respected warrior with that confident air she had around herself.

Poor Razor. After she spoke, asking for the cow he wanted, Dunder could tell she knew what she was doing. And after the apology he was hoping that she was going to play nice. If Zelda was right, Razor would need as much help as he could get. Maybe in this case, the help would come from the cow. Dunder smiled at the cow, "Oh? You two know each other? You must know that this griffon is a ferocious fighter that belies his stature." Dunder said to the caribou, the smile still on his face "In fact we just came out of a fight with some dangerous creatures not of this world. And I have to say I was impressed." The pony said before looking between the two. "But I'll leave you two at it." The stallion grabbed the smaller griffon and pulled him to a hug, "If you need help getting her, come to me." He whispered into the griffon's ear before releasing his friend.

"See you guys around." He said, locking eyes with the cow as he spoke before turning his head and trotting away to the other group. The one with Java and Blueblood.

"I hope you guys aren't picking on Blueblood too much!" He called out as he wrapped a foreleg around the white unicorn, "He does that enough on his own!" The pony chuckled aloud as he gave the white unicorn a playful nuggie on his blonde mane. "You're a good guy though. Even if it doesn't show sometimes." he said sincerely. Dunder had served enough time as the prince's guard to not care about the stallion's noble title in casual situations like this. And even come to grow a liking to the stallion. Either a liking or strong patience. A strong patience like the one he had with the engineer pony Java.

Speaking of whom, the engineer pony seemed to be enjoying some fish. Fortunately it wasn't the rotting kind that he heard some caribou actually liked! The pegasus couldn't hold back from helping himself from the little sea creatures' cooked flesh.

"Hmmm... I can see how it's an acquired taste. Really smokey, flavoring." He said before helping himself to more.

• 2 weeks later...

It seemed another equine had joined the party, This one had the kind of build that gained attention in this hold; just form an initial glance at him, Sigrun could tell he was no stranger to conflict. He was sure to be quite popular with the boisterous presence he commanded. Sigrun was too busy enjoying the sight of Blueblood downing that mead like a champion! She knew she could see some promise in him! TO be honest, she could suggest a regimen for him, maybe teach him a couple things but that could wait until after the festivities. "Well, Sir Ironclaw... Are you going to point out the cow you're interested for the evening?" she asked playfully before looking back at Razor, "While you figure it out... I feel I should apologize for my actions in Manehattan. Perhaps I was having a bit too much fun on my trip to Equestria and let my more mischievous side get the better of me. Would you like to start over?"

Razor groaned inwardly as Sigrun said yes, so much for getting away. But what Sigrun said next was....

...well frankly it wasn't what he had expected at all.

Razor had expected maybe more teasing, but an apology? That....well....that was....it was....not a normal thing for him. He was use to being teased a lot, but never really getting much in apology at times.

Razor opened his mouth to say something, but his initial snappy remarks were useless and he found that he couldn't really think of anything. And his angry attitude and disposition didn't really fit now in this apologetic stance Sigrun was taking.

He blinked once, lowered his claw and sighed before saying in a more calm tone, "Uh...yeah....sure I guess. Uh...lets start over then. And uh...don't worry about it....I'm use to being teased a lot."

Poor Razor. After she spoke, asking for the cow he wanted, Dunder could tell she knew what she was doing. And after the apology he was hoping that she was going to play nice. If Zelda was right, Razor would need as much help as he could get. Maybe in this case, the help would come from the cow. Dunder smiled at the cow, "Oh? You two know each other? You must know that this griffon is a ferocious fighter that belies his stature." Dunder said to the caribou, the smile still on his face "In fact we just came out of a fight with some dangerous creatures not of this world. And I have to say I was impressed." The pony said before looking between the two. "But I'll leave you two at it." The stallion grabbed the smaller griffon and pulled him to a hug, "If you need help getting her, come to me." He whispered into the griffon's ear before releasing his friend.

As Razor tried to figure out what to do next, he took more notice of Dunder, "Oh...Dunder...hey." He blinked confused as Dunder praised his warrior spirit, though he twitched slightly at the word stature.

Still he found the praise to be rather nice, and couldn't help but puff out his chest in pride. Though he twitched when Dunder brought up a certain....battle and he nearly went for his snout to shut him up.

'I thought I told him to shut up about that!!!' He thought But before he could tell the Pegasus to shut his trap, at least about certain details, Dunder whispered some words to him that had him confused.

'Help with her?' He thought confused.

"Wait what do...you mean by that....." Razor said as Dunder walked off.

Great...just great. Somehow he had roped himself into something he wasn't sure about what and now he had to worry about a loud mouth pegasus.

He turned back to Sigrun and said, "So uh....want a drink?"

nNVeRqql.jpg

"I could see that already, he's got a good physique for it. I'm not surprised, he shows a great deal of hidden ferocity last time we met. I admire that he was able to control it though." The cow took note of the mention of a battle with creatures -not of this world- and smiled at Razor once his friend had left the two to their own devices. This was something she needed to make sure she learned about, not just for the sake of a conversation with a new fur and feathered friend but to learn of an epic battle she dearly wished she could have been a part of.

The cow nodded at Razor, "Sound excellent! Think you can handle a flagon of Caribou kind's finest meade, Sir Razor?" she asked in almost challenging tone before thumping a hoof once and then twice on the bar table. Soon a pair of large mugs slid their way down and stopped squarely in front of the griffin and the chieftain. Sigrun quickly took it in her hoof and offered raised it up, To new friends, Razor!" She said heartily before taking a deep swig of it and letting out a thunderous belch that rocked the halls. "Now," She said, wiping a bit of the drink from her lips, "Tell me of this battle you partook in, who might you're opponent have been? I want to hear every detail."

The party was by now in full swing, and even by Caribou standards it was going to be more than an uncommonly exciting bash; with Griffons and dragons and ponies... oh my!  Several of each, along with their caribou hosts and hostesses, were clustered around Prince Blueblood, some chatting to him, most to each other.  But in his ears, it was all a mere inconsequent buzz and babble.

No, the unicorn's ears, growing redder and hotter from a fire fueled by mead and anger, were fully tuned on another white stallion, a bulked-up pegasus who had apparently decided that the best way to air his class grievances was to belittle any member of the upper class he came across.  This Bulk did without fear, presumably under the mistaken impression that the Prince was a coward.  It was an excusable mistake; Blueblood had been a coward for most of his life, but his first run-in with the caribou had started him on a path to shake off that flaw in his character.

The trouble was, of course, that while his cowardice had been reduced, his idiocy had been left in all its towering magnificence.  The Prince, after silently giving Bulk Bicepts a hard eyeball for ten seconds, turned towards the High King, or to speak more specifically, the High King's spear.  This the unicorn lit up with his magic, and levitated over to himself, "Excuse me, your majesty, I'm just going to borrow this for a while.  One of my citizens requires a lesson in manners, and I see that the ring is clear!"

That anyone, let alone a pony, would ever dare so familiarly handle the High King's legendary weapon was so unthinkable an act that only the very shock produced by the doing of it could have ever allowed it to happen.  Being a royal himself, however, Blueblood felt absolutely no embarrassment whatsoever, even given the fact that that Havardr's spear was more like a quarterstaff when inexpertly wielded by Blueblood.  

As that pony made his way to the empty ring, he paused only to see if Bulk was following him.  While he had not yet had a chance to be thoroughly educated by Sigrun in the matter of caribou combat, the Prince had seen fit to take lessons after his ignominious thrashing at her hooves.  A certain martial arts instructor in Canterlot had been commissioned as a sort of sensei to the Prince, if only to ensure that he wasn't hurt too badly at the end of his next fight.  Which would be now, if nopony, or caribou, moved to stop him, and the latter were more likely to be entertained by the show... even if it turned out to be a comedy act.

Archived