Roleplay with Rarity (Requests here)

Hey there folks, Zealot here.

Alright, so. I have just recently applied for and been given the honor of playing everyone's favorite seamstress, Rarity. I'm pretty excited, she is one of my favorite characters and I think there is a lot of potential for scenes with her and everyone's OCs. My philosophy with cast characters will probably be one of openness and with a focus on cast-OC interaction. I'm not against pure cast interaction, however I want everyone to have the chance to roleplay with their favorite characters. 

So, I'm setting up this thread to ask if anyone wanted to roleplay with Rarity and to organize something if anyone wants it. I don't know how much demand there is for the character, but I would like to cater to it if I can. 

Naturally I had a few ideas about what Rarity could do, mostly quick brainstorming. Still, they're ideas. 

See below.

Open Rp: Dress fittings, RPers walk into Rarity's shop to buy stuff.
Open Rp: Sewing class, Rarity tries to teach some ponies how to maintain their attire.
Semi Open Rp: Fashion show, Rarity showcases some of her latest designs.
Semi Open Rp: Fashion show, Rarity is going to showcase her designs but something has gone horribly wrong.
Semi Open Rp: Rarity finds an old dusty bracelet in a hidden room of the castle of the two sisters. It has the power to make the user even more beautiful than they already are. There seem to be no side effects, other than the apparent dishonest. Does she use it?
Open/Closed Rp: Lost gem, Rarity finds reference to an ancient gem buried in (place) and thinks it should be returned to Equestria for posterity she wants ponies to help her.
Open Rp: Rarity's favours, Rarity goes around giving ponies favours and presents for being so kind to her.
Open Rp: Rarity takes a trip to the Crystal Empire to learn all about new and exotic fashions, though to her they seem garish and unpleasant. She has to learn that sometimes beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Closed 1on1 Rp: The Seamstress' Lottery, OC wins a (possibly a dress or a day out or something) from Rarity in a charity event and gets to spend some time with Rarity.
Closed 1on1 Rp: OC is sent on a blind date with Rarity. Her friends think the pair will be a good couple, or simply want to prank her.
Closed 1on1 Rp: A stranger in need, Rarity assists somepony who is feeling down on their luck and generously helps them to feel better about themselves.

Alright, so, a fair number of ideas but hey.

Ultimately this is down to others. If folks want to RP with Rarity then I'm happy to oblige. I don't have a lot going on at the moment, and I'd be happy to be in another roleplay. So yeah, feel free to message me if you wanted your to roleplay with me as Rarity or post here. If you had an idea, I'd be happy to listen and work with you on it. All you have to do is ask. 

So yeah, let me know if you wanted to roleplay I guess. Hehe.

-Zealot

I'd be up for an rp with Rarity. Not sure who I would use though. I think a meeting between her and my designer might be good. Although, if you don't want to do that, I've got other characters.

I'd be up for an rp with Rarity. Not sure who I would use though. I think a meeting between her and my designer might be good. Although, if you don't want to do that, I've got other characters.

Ultimately my attitude with cast characters is that it's not about me, it's about what other people want to do. If that makes sense. So yeah, I'd be up for a meeting between her and your designer character if you wanted to do that, or if you wanted to do something else that would be good too.

Still, if you did want to do this meeting, we would need a pretext. Where are they meeting, and why. At a fashion show? Networking? Or maybe your character comes to the boutique. Up to you.

Hmm, I think I'll go for a fashion show. They're both looking at some new ranges by some other designers and happen to be sitting next to each other. 

Boutique would be good, but perhaps a tad on the random side. So I think we should go for the fashion show, after all, that opens it up for your character going to the boutique to show Rarity her designs after they've got to know each other a little. Could be fun.

So yeah, if you wanted to do that I'd be happy to roleplay with you. Did you want to set up the thread, or shall I? I'm a little tired right now, so I won't be able to post for at least ten hours from time of posting this. So yeah, I don't mind. 

I am at work, but when I get home I have ideas. Valen has a long history with previous Rarity players we can take advantage of, perhaps.

Perhaps, hehe. I would definitely need to be briefed on the history quickly just so I could accurately portray their relationship. Still, if you have an idea for a scene I'd be quite happy to do so if you wanted. Like I said, at time of posting I won't be available for another few hours, but I'm sure we could do something if you wanted to.

Yeah, the fashion show sounds like a good idea to me. I'm not sure when I'll be able to post, so if you don't see anything here about me doing it, I'd say you could go ahead and start it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmm, could certainly be interesting. I'll give you that. 

I would like to finish some of my other roleplay before I take on another, but I am interested. Hehe, what did you have in mind.

• 2 months later...

One idea I had for Rarity's favors was that she meet Nova Burst, a Unicorn who's constantly moving because he's never had training to control the power of his horn, and due to an incident involving an accidental energy blast or something,  maybe she could try to befriend/train him? 

That can certainly be arranged Nova. Needs some work on the initial idea I think, but I'd be happy to discuss this with you in a PM. If it's training magic though, perhaps the player for Twilight or another unicorn who's powerful with magic to actually train them rather than Rarity actually doing that. 

Hmm, could be fun. I'm actually in too much RP at the moment to start a thread but I'm coming out of one now, so I can put you into that slot once it's open. Shouldn't be too long, and we can plan in the meantime. Shoot me a PM and we'll discuss.

I have a pony that has a second hand clothing store, could do your eye of the beholder idea there possibly?

Could do, would be pretty fun. As stated above though, I have too much RP going on so I can't really open up any more threads just yet. I can put it on the back burner though, unless a skype RP is possible. Not sure on timezones for that though.

Could do, would be pretty fun. As stated above though, I have too much RP going on so I can't really open up any more threads just yet. I can put it on the back burner though, unless a skype RP is possible. Not sure on timezones for that though.

A skype rp would be fantastic, my Skype is :TheHighclassbadass, and I had an idea involving the princess dress as well :D

A skype rp would be fantastic, my Skype is :TheHighclassbadass, and I had an idea involving the princess dress as well :D

I sent a skype request, should discuss this in detail more there.

I do not see your request, are you in the skype room? 

It might have taken a little while to go through or something. Either way, I sent the request and you seem to have picked it up as 'thehighclassbadass' who I seem to remember from the skype group. I'm not in that skype group anymore, there was no RP being organised and I felt it was a little pointless me being there considering I'm not really involved with the staff.

Still, we should be able to communicate through that.

• 1 month later...

Hello Zealot!  I have a fellow fashion designer OC, Candles, who would definitely love an rp with Rarity (Also-you owe me.)!  We can work out the details in a pm if you are interested :).  

Hey Lyi. Indeed, I remember I do owe you and I'm not a man to go back on promises. I'm going to have to ask to delay this for at least a week or two. I have a coursework demo, a hard deadline as well as Christmas work to get on with so that I can actually have a Christmas. Suffice to say, things are going to be tight and I'm under quite a bit of pressure. 

Real life aside, I'll be quite happy to play Rarity for you. Just... give me a week. Heh,  :razz:

Send me a PM and we can chat and plan it out at the very least. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be a horrible person and advertise this here: COME JOIN RARITY AND DUCHESS AT THE ANNUAL FASHION FAIR!  Desperately looking for some more members-fashion lovers and gurus alike! COME JOIN NOW!!!

(You can delete this post if you don't want it here :).)

Archived