Candy Star's Wallpapers

CandyStar

Flynn Heat Wallpaper

flynn_heat_wallpaper_by_dcdavid28-d8tthv

Dark/Tainted Mist

mlp_oc_wallpaper_dark_mist_tainted_mist_

OC collection Wallpaper

mlp_oc_wallpaper_updated__by_dcdavid28-d

That's all i have done, but dark and flynn's still have that white remnant left over, but i'm not good at removing them, I always end up botching it.

These are nice. 

You using photoshop for these? I've done stuff like this before with photoshop, and removing the white edge is hard. One has to zoom in to the individual pixels and erase it from there. Long and laborious process. Worth it though.

• 5 weeks later...

These are pretty good. Good job.

Do you take requests to do other people's OCs? :razz:

I'm kidding. You don't have to do anything you don't feel like doing. :blush:

These are nice. 

You using photoshop for these? I've done stuff like this before with photoshop, and removing the white edge is hard. One has to zoom in to the individual pixels and erase it from there. Long and laborious process. Worth it though.

I prefer GIMP 2.0, easier for me to work with, and pretty simple. I can't to complex wallpapers.

I prefer GIMP 2.0, easier for me to work with, and pretty simple. I can't to complex wallpapers.

Yeah I've never used GIMP. I've heard it's nice and simple though. Photoshop is definitely more powerful. Like I said, sometimes you just need to zoom in and do it pixel by pixel. Magic wand tool is also pretty good for that sort of thing, not sure if GIMP has that though.

Yeah I've never used GIMP. I've heard it's nice and simple though. Photoshop is definitely more powerful. Like I said, sometimes you just need to zoom in and do it pixel by pixel. Magic wand tool is also pretty good for that sort of thing, not sure if GIMP has that though.

It does, but I still enjoy using it since it has a measurement ruler like system. Not sure about photoshop.

• 3 months later...

Generally, when I try to get rid of the white edges, I use the wand to select everything but the pony, then "Grow" the selection by a pixel or two, then use color to alpha.  White becomes transparent, and the pony is ready to paste over whatever background you choose.

Actually, what I would do is completely wipe out all the alpha of white there is and then use a layer under to fill it in with white paint, and then smooth out the edge of an image with an eraser to get rid of noticeable white paint so that it doesn't damage the image's edge.

Does that make sense?

Actually, what I would do is completely wipe out all the alpha of white there is and then use a layer under to fill it in with white paint, and then smooth out the edge of an image with an eraser to get rid of noticeable white paint so that it doesn't damage the image's edge.

Does that make sense?

Thanks for the tip.

Archived