Anypony know of any good animes that are not sexual or overly violent?

Well, i know that Bleach is a heavily gorey Anime, so if you don't like that, stay away from it. A few that i know that are not to gory is pokemon, YuGiOh..... What else......

I don't know to many others.

Anime that isn't gory/sexual. Well my friend, I hate to say it, but there are only a few that fit that.

Yu-Gi-Oh (The English version is a LOT lighter than the Japanese version which is a lot darker)

GUNDAM Series (I myself have watched 00 only, but unless you count giant robot suits wiping eachother out as Gore, which I do not, then this is perfect)..

That's all I got, all the other anime's I've watched, heh, too dark for this. Sory

Well, i know another that has a HEAP of fighting in it, it has blood yes, but its not always insane, not always. Sometimes it can be. 

Dragon Ball Z

Or, just Dragon Ball. I don't remember much gore in that either.

I highly recommend any of the Studio Ghibli films, as well as a few films in the spirit of Ghibli: Summer Wars and Wolf Children.

My top picks for Ghibli: Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke (a little gore here but it's not excessive and adds to the story).

These are all movies, so they don't require any commitment. There's no push for sexual themes or fan service. Most of these films have a wholesome message and are just gorgeous to watch. If you want to get into anime that is good, this is your definitive entry point for the art form.

If you want something a bit bigger (with action, but less focus on violence/mature themes): Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Sword Art Online, Last Exile, Outlaw Star, and Steins;Gate.

If you don't mind cutting your teeth on something a bit more over the top, I can't recommend Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood enough. Cowboy Bebop is also a definitive must-see. 

I could go on for hours, this is just stuff coming to the top of my head.

Hm a few I can recommend...

Kids on the Slope, Paradise Kiss (especially if you are into fashion), Princess Jellyfish, Gokusen, Naoki Urasawa's Monster (Warning: this is the longest of all the anime I recommend. It also happens to be one of my all time favorite.), Mononoke (NOT PRINCESS MONONOKE (even though that is one of my favorite Ghibli series)). Gankutsuou (which is a retelling of the Count of Monte Cristo), Shion no Ou, Giant Killing (Quite possibly the best sports anime ever... even though that isn't saying much) Wolf's Rain, Tsuritama, Princess Tutu, and Kino's Journey.

Other than that I can't recommend the classics enough like Outlaw Star, Trigun and Cowboy Bebop enough. 

I'll also agree with Rosie on FMA: Brotherhood, Steins;gate and Madoka, as well as the recommendations she had for feature length films. (it goes without saying that I also agree with her on Outlaw Star and Bebop :razz:)

I'm seeing a number of things mentioned here that probably don't quite meet the non-gore criteria.

It's a bit of a problem for me too: most of the anime I've enjoyed has a few really nasty sections buried in them.  Trigun, Ghost in the Shell and Attack on Titan are some of my favorites which sadly likely wouldn't work in this case.  (Though maybe Trigun could work, the worst parts are implied rather than really shown.)

The one thing that comes to mind is GaoGaiGar, which I thought was a surprisingly thoughtful take on the...giant robot genre?

Well, let's see here. Sword Art Online isn't really gory. I mean, people get cut and stuff, but everything's virtual so there isn't anything to show, just pixels.

A lot of animes do feature some kind of fighting. I can recommend Kenichi: the Mightiest Disciple though. The most it really features is some blood, but it's got a really great story to it.

Also unfortunate, a lot of animes do have, well, fan service. However, if you can get past a little bit of it, Baka and Test: Summon the Beasts is a great one. It a really funny anime, and even jokes about the fan service stuff.

Oh, and have you seen RWBY? Technically, it's an anime. It's got fighting, but doesn't really have fan service or gore.

I'd also recommend The Devil is a Part-Timer. Another funny anime, and it doesn't have too much for fighting either. Oh, and no gore (that I can remember).

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet is a pretty good one too, from what I've seen. Futuristic, somewhat slice of life anime.

Oooo! And there's Fairy Tail! It's got a lot of fighting in it, but there's little gore and little fan service. It's a really good (and long) one!

Aaaaaaaand that's all I got right now.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, 

1) Adventures of the Gummi Bears

watch full episode on https://www.primewire.ag/watch-10138-Adventures-of-the-Gummi-Bears-online-free

2) Monster Rancher

watch full episode on https://www.primewire.ag/watch-772253-Monster-Rancher-online-free

3) Ultimate Book Of Spells, better than Harry potter but animation.

4) Card captors

watch full episodes https://www.primewire.ag/watch-2733514-CardCaptors-online-free

Others have already said some good ones, like Dragon ball, though you do see a little of Bolma nude in that one :P

and clearly others have said Pokemon, I didn't read all posts but let me put a few more out their for you.

5) Gundam Wing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY1iSTdTyO4

6) Redwall

7) The Last Airbender

8) Yu-Gi-oH

And I could think of at least 20 more but I don't have all day lol, hope you enjoy.

If you want an oldie, there's always Sailor Moon.  That's a pretty PG-13 anime-but it does have some romance.  If you do watch it, watch the English dub, and not the original Japanese one (that one is a lot darker).

• 3 weeks later...

Death note isn't THAT bloody, infact I'm not sure if there isn't even any blood. There is no sexy stuff, some jokes here and there, but there is some suggestive material: I.e. one of the police walking to a noose. But other than that, it's really good!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hear that Princess Tutu is good. From my older brother too, so it'll be just fine~ xD

But yeah. I'm still sticking with Hamtaro. Because Hamsters~ <3

I have started watching some anime!

Here is a list of what I am currently watching!

Girls und Panzer

Chi's Sweet Home (This is cute, I love cats!)

Fullmetal Alchemist (This one is becoming one of my favorites!)

Sword Art Online (As is this one)

Initial D

Cowboy Bebop

(I am still looking for recommendations, but I figured I'd post what I've been watching to help)

Thanks Everypony!!

Gah SAO.

Can't say it's one of the best-not my genre, anyways.  

Have you watched any of the "anime kings" yet?  I think it was, One Piece, Naruto, and (One Punch man?)

Archived