Serious suggestion LOG

Ok as i said it is serous at least i think so anyway what i want is an LOG area for anypony can use a FFA if you will i know there is a LOG in WOE but only ponies that is WOE approve can make one there,i am not so i can't i am sure there are others that want a character/pony LOG so all i am asking is for you to make a sub form for FFA LOG so anypony can make one

LOG = Llamas Offering Grog?

Serious answer: you may put FFA character sheets here, in their own sub-forum. There's simply no reason to create another sub-forum to post character logs since FFA lacks the continuity or support of our advanced roleplay areas. If you really are roleplaying characters that are connected in so many different threads that a log is required to keep track of it all, I recommend making a blog post and linking to that in your signature.

no its more i have many characters that i want an area to put all there apps so i can easily find them and others could also could i maybe do that blog thing and put the link in that RP link thing in the profile so i can have the My character Log like you or something else to get it

LOG = Llamas Offering Grog?

Serious answer: you may put FFA character sheets here, in their own sub-forum. There's simply no reason to create another sub-forum to post character logs since FFA lacks the continuity or support of our advanced roleplay areas. If you really are roleplaying characters that are connected in so many different threads that a log is required to keep track of it all, I recommend making a blog post and linking to that in your signature.

If a may, I object on your point on not needing a Subfourm to keep other logs. Canter Chronicles is a site supported role-play and yet it doesn't have its log subforum making your point entirely invalid unless you plan on making it one in the future. But even that could be easily settled if you made a subforum where people can one big character that contains ALL of their characters form all THREE rp types.

So Im suggesting two things:

1. Make a subform dedicated to character logs for all 3 rp types 

2. delete the Character log section in WOE and make us use blogs for character logs.

Sorry if anything seemed rude, I have anger issues so forgive me. 

If a may, I object on your point on not needing a Subfourm to keep other logs. Canter Chronicles is a site supported role-play and yet it doesn't have its log subforum making your point entirely invalid unless you plan on making it one in the future. But even that could be easily settled if you made a subforum where people can one big character that contains ALL of their characters form all THREE rp types.

So Im suggesting two things:

1. Make a subform dedicated to character logs for all 3 rp types 

2. delete the Character log section in WOE and make us use blogs for character logs.

Sorry if anything seemed rude, I have anger issues so forgive me. 

Delete the character logs section and thus every single person's logs who've worked very hard on them because you don't like that they have them? Pass

why can't you make a sub form one then for CC and FFA i am sure CC ponies would like one and there are alot of ponies in FFA that are good and active that they lost track of RPs, if you ask me it is a little unfair for Ponies that only have a real main account to take part in the LOG section, makes it seem like the other two sections of it seem less important then FFA unless that was your guys plan all along, not everypony is good another to make an WOE approve app to take part of it

Delete the character logs section and thus every single person's logs who've worked very hard on them because you don't like that they have them? Pass  

if we go with option two, I'd suggest a move out period for atleast a month were people can move there characters logs into a blog post. 

Very ignorant statement, your acting as if I'm angry at this, demanding that it be deleted (also completely ignoring my first option). No, if we go with option two, I'd suggest a move out period for atleast a month were people can move there characters logs into a blog post. 

She's not acting as if you're angry, she was simply pointing out that second point wasn't a good idea.

The thing that's being asked seems like a thing the site already has in the 'My Character Log' section. There's nothing stopping you from listing all your characters, whether they are WoE, FFA, or CC. Even if you can't make a log in that particular segment of the forum without a WoE approved character, Rosewind provided a solution for that anyway and provided a reasoning for it.

She's not acting as if you're angry, she was simply pointing out that second point wasn't a good idea.

The thing that's being asked seems like a thing the site already has in the 'My Character Log' section. There's nothing stopping you from listing all your characters, whether they are WoE, FFA, or CC. Even if you can't make a log in that particular segment of the forum without a WoE approved character, Rosewind provided a solution for that anyway and provided a reasoning for it.

My bad, edited, (again forgive my anger issues). The problem with your point is that there showing favoritism in WOE. the options given for a user without an approved WOE character is very limited and "unclean", and confusing for a new user. (with all due respect, I would have turned down this site right away if had been away of this character log issue). Basically My gripe is that WOE has a character log subform and the others don't. and most users are unaware of characters logs when they are very useful.

that is ture i when i first started on the site i notice that somepony had the character log but didn't pay any attention to it it wasn't really until i started making more characters, that i wanted a place to keep them all i lost track of a few, yea i could have use the blog but i just done like how it looks the LOG section looks alot better because it something everypony see every day, thats why i am trying to fight so hard for this

Then I think the argument is better worded as allowing those with a character, regardless of which RP type, to have a character log, rather than requesting a new subforum for the FFA logs. I get the reason why Rosewind is against adding another subforum for something like that.

Here's the thing with that though, in order to post in that subforum, you need to be RP Certified, which will give you access to post in the WoE RP section. You have to have a WoE approved character for that. They want to keep that area clean of spam, etc. as that's much easier to manage. You'd have to convince Rosewind to move the character log subforum to a place that anyone can post in. (Or open that subforum up for anyone.) Again, you gotta look at it from their point of view on that one. I think for now, using a blog and linking to that in your signature is the way to go until another option opens up in the future, should that happen.

As far as I'm concerned this is just some simple logic. RP logs can contain characters from all RP sections, ergo they should not be WOE exclusive. I would say that the logs subforum needs to be moved to it's own subforum so that all users can maintain a log. Sure, one could use a blog post but then why is there a log subforum? It's just messy and the whole thing could be easily streamlined.

At the very least it needs to be explained to a new user that they can't have an RP log without using a blog post, otherwise I would imagine it would be a bit confusing, as some are experiencing.

Still, I can see this breeding a bit of resentment, nobody likes feeling like they're second class. Should not everyone be allowed to make a character log without resorting to a blog post?

Well, here's the thing, and disclaimer right now, because I always could be wrong. When you look at your profile, the way you get the 'my character log' icon on your sidebar is to paste a url of that log there and there it is. But that doesn't mean that it has to be in the specific WOE log section, does it? The FFA character sheets aren't just made for one single character sheet, right? I recommend making your log under there, and linking it to your sidebar that way. Nothing's stopping you from doing that. Blogs always work too of course.

I'm sure the site has or had a good reason for putting the log section in WOE, as it's obviously been around for a while. Also, like Zephyr said, you got to think about it from their perspective. Deleting the WOE logs altogether and telling everyone to make a blog post would be way too much of a haste, I think. What if an rper comes back after a hiatus, after that monthlong warning period, to find their character logs completely gone? Making CC and FFA logs would also be kinda pointless, to be blunt. Again, I would recommend making a log in the FFA sheets section instead of having their own subforum.

What? 

Lets break your post down 

I'm sure the site has or had a good reason for putting the log section in WOE, as it's obviously been around for a while. 

If there is "a good reason" I would hope they would say it to us

Also, like Zephyr said, you got to think about it from their perspective. Deleting the WOE logs altogether and telling everyone to make a blog post would be way too much of a haste, I think. What if an rper comes back after a hiatus, after that monthlong warning period, to find their character logs completely gone? 

If that would be a problem then we would do this; Announce the monthlong warning period 2-3 before the warning period, Warning period happens, that should give more then enough time for everybody to move their character logs (I can't imagine someone being gone for at least 3 months, even at this time). 

Making CC and FFA logs would also be kinda pointless, to be blunt. Again, I would recommend making a log in the FFA sheets section instead of having their own subforum.

Pointless? Why would it be pointless? We are asking for ​one log subform so people can post one character log for all of there characters. What were upset about is the favoritism shown in WOE by having there own log subfourm 

My bad, edited, (again forgive my anger issues). The problem with your point is that there showing favoritism in WOE. the options given for a user without an approved WOE character is very limited and "unclean", and confusing for a new user. (with all due respect, I would have turned down this site right away if had been away of this character log issue). Basically My gripe is that WOE has a character log subform and the others don't. and most users are unaware of characters logs when they are very useful.

Canterlot has undergone many, many different iterations and reorganizations. WoE has always been the de-facto, primary roleplay. It's existed since before CC did. A lot of the systems and offerings you see in place now are probably the result of something that was put in place for that roleplay before other systems were forged, not as a result of favoritism for one section over another. All of our roleplay areas that we create are done in service to the player base as a whole -- no one group is discarded or held in higher regard than any other group, they just have different needs and different levels of staff support.

As far as I'm concerned this is just some simple logic. RP logs can contain characters from all RP sections, ergo they should not be WOE exclusive. I would say that the logs subforum needs to be moved to it's own subforum so that all users can maintain a log. Sure, one could use a blog post but then why is there a log subforum? It's just messy and the whole thing could be easily streamlined.

At the very least it needs to be explained to a new user that they can't have an RP log without using a blog post, otherwise I would imagine it would be a bit confusing, as some are experiencing.

Still, I can see this breeding a bit of resentment, nobody likes feeling like they're second class. Should not everyone be allowed to make a character log without resorting to a blog post?

Logs have always been an extra thing strictly for convenience. We don't require their creation, nor do we ask players to maintain them. Heck, I have a log that I haven't updated in about 7000 years. Lack of a space to put them breeding resentment seems asinine to me. That's not to say that the concern of where to put them is invalidated, but I think it would be wise to check the attitudes about them right here and now. Again, it's an extra borne of convenience, rather than a paradigm used to put down 75% of our other active roleplayers that don't play in WoE or have WoE-approved characters.

Well, here's the thing, and disclaimer right now, because I always could be wrong. When you look at your profile, the way you get the 'my character log' icon on your sidebar is to paste a url of that log there and there it is. But that doesn't mean that it has to be in the specific WOE log section, does it? The FFA character sheets aren't just made for one single character sheet, right? I recommend making your log under there, and linking it to your sidebar that way. Nothing's stopping you from doing that. Blogs always work too of course.

I'm sure the site has or had a good reason for putting the log section in WOE, as it's obviously been around for a while. Also, like Zephyr said, you got to think about it from their perspective. Deleting the WOE logs altogether and telling everyone to make a blog post would be way too much of a haste, I think. What if an rper comes back after a hiatus, after that monthlong warning period, to find their character logs completely gone? Making CC and FFA logs would also be kinda pointless, to be blunt. Again, I would recommend making a log in the FFA sheets section instead of having their own subforum.

Here is my view: creating more sub-forums for all the things creates mess, and it dilutes content. A good example of this is our WoE area organization compared to CC. I think CC is way more organized because it has fewer sub-forums. Go and take a look. Which one is easier to navigate? I certainly don't like clicking through 3 sub-forums to view a forum. I'm not killing a section of the forum and moving a mass of log threads to appease a few players that feel that logs are a dialogue on the bourgeois players of WoE. They're not, and never have been. You'll find many of our active users play in all three sections, myself included.

Here is my solution: I feel the criticism about lack of a log area is valid, but for the wrong reasons. If a player isn't RP Certified and wants to open a log outside of the WoE space, I will change the "FFA Character Sheet" section into a "FFA Character Information" area, for use of character sheets and logs. People with active logs in the WoE space can still continue to list all of their characters in every section. I feel this is a valid and workable solution that requires the least amount of change, but will provide the service that users are asking for in this thread. Alternatively, blogs are also an option for log creation if the FFA Character Information area is undesirable for the user.

Enjoy, and happy logging!

Archived