Prototype Angels. Private!

NightlyMoon

Bad Harmony glared at both Nightly and his brother. He honestly couldn't see what the problem was. He was happy and starting to feel joy for the first time and now here they are, ganging up on him and telling him things needed to change. Everything else seemed to vanish in his mind. Just leave me be! You're dead to me, all of you. There's nothing wrong with me!

Harmony shot his brother a confused look, We're not saying that there's anything wrong with you. For Pete's sake, Nightly just said that we want to help you. We'll find a way to make sure you stay happy, but we have to fix this unstable switching. We just want to help-

Lier! You want to steal these emotions from me and take them for yourself so you can be happy again! Then you're going to leave me wallowing in my own misery.

Harmony appeared to be genuinely hurt by this. Baddy... How could you think I would do something like that to you?

Leave. Me. Alone! And in that note, he was off. Taking his leave to the old room he used to stay in.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nightly sighed irritably. "Harmony... just leave it... we need to wait... if he will be difficult... then fine... we must wait... wait for the world to become unstable... maybe then he'll see the problem and help fix it... until then... let him have this..."

Charade smiled nervously. "This is certainly a bad thing..."

Have this!? Harmony asked in surprise. Darling, he is not well. Neither of us are! Who knows how long it will be before whatever is wrong with us becomes fatal. It was obvious he was being dramatic at that last part, but he couldn't help but fear the worst. He didn't know what was happening to them and that's what was bothering him the most, not knowing what would happen should they continue to have these unstable mood swings.

Bad Harmony found his way to his old room, wasting no time face planting into the bed he used to rest his head on for comfort as he let out a long drawn out groan.

Nightly sighed. "Harmony... I'm not sure what to do... I... It's not as easy as I suspected... the sudden change in character is... troubling... Bad Harmony can be ignorant... but he is not a simpleton.... he is... brilliant in a way of understanding... but... it's like he's reverted to a foal... or like... he's on some kind of high... I want to help but... it's very... difficult...

and if we force him to do something... it might make it worse... no... we need to figure it out... how can we persuade the childish stallion to listen?" Nightly was stressed, thinking hard about the issue.

Charade smiled. "I'm sure everything will be alright... good daddy and mama usually find a solution..."

"Yeah... but Bad Dad's being a little shit... OW!" Mischief got smacked by Angel. "He may be acting disagreeable but we'll be fine! don't doubt mom and dad!"

"I'll do whatever the hell I want... besides... Bad Dad can be a stubborn jackass! I think this might end up with a failure and possibly the end of everything." Mischief growled and then smirked at Ice. "Dad sure picked a hottie... I expected no less from him... Ow! stop it!"

Angel punched Mischief's shoulder and then smiled at Ice. "Excuse his language miss... I am so sorry you were sucked into this..."

Ice chuckles a bit smiling down to the foals blushing a bit at the hottie part. "I doubt he thinks of me that way, I mean he already has your mom to be with, and don't worry about it, Harmony is a old friend I'm happy to help him, er them with whatever they need. Plus I've been in worse situations, with my brother being a hired gun." She replies laughing again. "Though I have to say, it's gonna be sad seeing you guys leave."

Harmony took a moment, breathed deeply, and calmed himself down. She was right, but changing his brother's mind would not be as simple as one would hope. He knows his brother, and he'll fight for what he believes in... Even if he knows he's wrong, it's very difficult to push him into submission. I wish I knew, dear. But Baddy isn't the most easily influenced. I'm sure the saying, 'stubborn as a mule' was made FOR him. Only he is much, much worse.

Bad Harmony just lay there, unspeaking, hardly moving, not even thinking. His eyes stared blankly at the ceiling as he looked into a non-existent void, letting his brain rest in hopes that it would quell his anger at least a little.

Nightly chuckled sadly. "That is very true... I know that too well... Harmony... we should make a plan... and we may need that Ice mare's help... she knows you two well right? she might know something to do... sometimes it is good friends who one trusts more rather than one's lover..." She smiled. "And I like her... she's a very sweet mare."

Angel noticed Mischief leaving. "And where do you think you are going?"

"Off to talk to the jackass... what else?"

"LANGUAGE! And no you are not! he will smush you if you bother him... surely you are smarter than that!"

"I know... I don't care..."

Charade sighed. "I'll go... I know you won't be very kind and Angel will be way too nice..."

Angel nodded as Charade went to go talk to his father.

"So miss Ice... how well do you know bad daddy?" Angel asked softly.

Charade walked to find Bad Harmony.

"well I'd like to say I know him well. Both him and Harmony have been great friends even if sometimes Bad doesn't like to show it. I know me and him spent a lot of time together after I broke up with my first marefriend." Ice explains ears going down as she stares at the ground. "I never told him at the time because he was already with your mom but I did have a bit of a puppy crush on him while he lived with us. Heh even after he would come visit me and.. my daughter.." She seemed a little choked up at the mention of her. Shaking her head she smiled back to Angel. "Sorry you don't need me getting all emotional right now."

Harmony finally broke a smile. His wife was absolutely brilliant sometimes. Yes, she is a sweet mare. You're on to something too. I know he won't admit it, but he had a small crush on her back in the day. But he kept to himself because he knew she was taken. Obviously that didn't stop him from flirting, but he did not pursue her. He rambled, probably his biggest downfall. He liked sharing, he couldn't help it. If we're lucky, he might still feel that way, which means she should be able to influence him better than us. Let's do it!

Bad Harmony's head made a loud thud as he repeatedly dropped it onto a desk top. Only to lift his head and do it all over again. The pain hardly fazed him, but it probably wouldn't do him any favors in the near future. For a moment his thoughts started harassing him again, causing him to hit his head even harder on the desk.

Nightly grinned. "Thank you for that wonderful idea~" She grabbed Harmony's hoof. "Let's go speak to her!"

Angel smiled gently. "It's okay to cry Miss Ice... Everypony cries sometimes and having emotions are the way you can tell if you're body is reacting properly... besides... emotions are beautiful and hiding them is simply an act of pride rather than showing who you truly are."

"Pff... leave it to my younger brother to give a speech about feelings..." Mischief grumbled.

"Leave it to Mischief to be angry about feelings because he prefers to bottle them up inside and let it fester and boil like a disgusting disease." Angel cooed.

"Do not worry Miss Ice... it's okay to be sad."

Charade knocked on the door to the room that he suspected Bad was in. "Hello? are you in here daddy?"

Harmony decided to lead the way, having lived here before and all. With Nightly's hoof still tightly held in his, he takes her to the dining room to find the mare he was looking for. There you are! Ice, may we speak with you for a moment? We have an idea on how to get Baddy back on the right track.

Bad Harmony barely looked up at his son, giving him a cold, lifeless glare before slamming his head back on the desk. What is it, child?

Ice glances over to the doors of the dining hall as they open up. Tilting her head a bit as she notices only Harmony and Nightly come in "You need my help? I'd be glad to, but do you really think I could do anything?" She inquires curiously "And Ice is fine Nightly, There's no need to be so formal~" She adds with a chuckle and nod to the other mare

Harmony giggled a bit at her. Oh, Ice, my very existence may just rest on your shoulders. He answered, his voice betraying his appearance by coming off as rather terrified. That unpleasantness aside, let's get to it. We believe that you may be the key to convincing Baddy to cooperate with us 

Bad Harmony grumbled, not really wanting to talk to anyone, especially his not-so-but-kinda-biological child. Knowing very well that this particular child had his personality though, it would be pointless to tell him No. Make it quick

Nightly nodded. "You know these two better than even I know them because you were their friend when they were in this time line... I know Bad Harmony will listen to you... he is most fond of you... and honestly I'm happy for him..."

Charade took a deep breath and sighed fearfully but bravely said. "Father... you should probably listen to your brother and my mom...

I know you can be happy now...

but... what about when the world falls apart?

will it have been worth the fleeting happiness? or... do you wanna give it a try? to actually... possibly be happy forever? if they can't find a solution then... we can always run off again... hide... you can get married to miss Ice and I can make sure nopony finds you and be out of your hair..."

Harmony went silent as he appeared to be focusing. Not on anything in the room, but like was paying close attention to a feeling he had. He's in the house, that much I can gather... The only place I can assume he would be would be his old room.

Bad Harmony listened to the colt, only ignoring him for a moment when he felt a familiar presence. His brother was focusing on his energy to track him down. He cut off Harmony's attempts then focused back on the child. What does it matter. I'm doomed to live this way forever; Never caring, never loving, never enjoying the life I've been given. It's in my name, it's in my mark. He glanced at his cutiemark, watching as the white half of the yin and yang symbol began to fade away. His heart painfully skipped a beat, but to him it was a minor annoyance. Just leave me be...

Harmony all but collapsed as he felt his heart literally stop for a brief second, causing him to drop until his chest just hit the floor. He was starting to look pale, sickly even. Unseen by him, the yang half of his cutie mark started to fade from his body.

Nightly looked startled. "Oh my... that is definitely not good... Harmony? are you okay?"

Charade nodded. "Yes father..." He then left him alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Harmony blinked slowly, trying desperately to pull himself together. He weakly turned his head to Nightly, seeing double as he looked at her. I'm not sure... Something doesn't feel right...I feel... Empty. Like a part of me just died.

Bad Harmony barley noticed the knocking as he was a little preoccupied nearly hacking up both of his lungs. He grunted in pain as he head started to pound. Somepony better be dying! He growled through gritted teeth.

• 2 weeks later...

Nightly looked at him. "Harmony... how many hooves do you see?" She asked and checked his pulse while waving the other hoof around a bit.

Angel, Charade and Mischief ran to Harmony to check on him.

• 2 weeks later...

Harmony's eyes looked weak and lazy as he tried to cooperate with his wife's attempts to analyze him. Sssseven? That doesn't seem right... On that note, his head feel to the floor, his body being too unwilling to keep him up any longer.

Bad Harmony sighed in annoyance, the pain in his head causing every little thing to aggravate him. But, he couldn't say no to her. Fine, but make it quick.

Archived