Are the staff here nicer than the past one's i've met?

CandyStar

I won't name sites as this seems to be the issue that gets most in a tizzy, so I will ask it this way:

Admins I have met start out nice, but soon change from kind to a mean spirited version of themselves. One even tried to bring me down because they were the owner of the forum, I've stopped showing my work because of it. But i'm hoping that the ones here aren't the same, I just wish to know if I will ever face that kind of childish behavior again.

Well, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of the staff here.

Speaking as someone who has overall had a negative experience with them, they're alright. They're friendly and you certainly shouldn't be afraid to share any work you do. 

I think I'll echo Rose a little here saying that yeah, there are some crappy forum mods on other sites, but just because they're on other sites doesn't mean they're on every site. I have my differences of opinion with the staff here, but they're just that. They're professional and friendly, I'm not sure what problems you had else where but I don't think there will be anything like that here.

Our staff is perfectly functional with absolutely no record of wrongdoings, malpractice, death, bribary and/or property destruction...and I am certainly not being held over a large barrel of water to type this endorsement of the staff.

Certainly no issues here!

{PS: Send help!}

As someone who has been on not only this staff but staff on several other sites and chats I can say one thing for certain... No staff anywhere is perfect. A perfect staff doesn't exist and almost certainly a solid majority of the problems come from miscommunication or misunderstandings between the staff and the users (that isn't to say that there aren't flat out some bad staffers who use their position in the forums to make them feel better about their real lives (but as far as I can tell, we have no such staff here)). 

I'm not going to say this staff is perfect either, but it is better than most. The staff here will reach for communication 9.5 times out of 10 (unless the offense is in our TOS or Rules as an instaban offense (PLEASE READ THE RULES AND TOS)). And I can tell you the current regime is better than the previous one in most ways (and yet still has some of the problems of the old, but not nearly as bad, especially not to a detrimental level).

In the end, though the staff are a representation of the leadership of the site, they are still individuals. If you break clearly drawn out rules, you'll receive wrath no matter what. However, if you feel you are being mistreated by a staff member you can almost certainly approach another one who can talk internally about the issue, or even start a PM with them with an admin or other moderator as a mediator. 

Individual experiences hinge on interpersonal communication and how individuals react to situations. For instance, if something happens that you feel is unfair and instantly make a blog or post about it, chances are things will not work out well. But if you instead contact an admin or moderator and talk to them about what you feel is unfair you can open up a communication with not only the staff member whom you feel is being unfair but by extension the entire staff. Individual experiences depend on the individual, build communication lines and good will, rather than walls and ill will. Things will work out for the better almost everywhere.

This might be kind of stating the obvious... but...

As long as you follow the rules here you should be okay.

This place and it's staff seems pretty cool though.

:)

Speaking for myself, I have also been on the receiving end of some horrible treatment by staff on other sites. I therefore try to make my interactions with others the complete opposite of what I have experienced.

That said, I am also lucky to work with a great bunch of people here.

Well, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of the staff here.

Speaking as someone who has overall had a negative experience with them, they're alright. They're friendly and you certainly shouldn't be afraid to share any work you do. 

I think I'll echo Rose a little here saying that yeah, there are some crappy forum mods on other sites, but just because they're on other sites doesn't mean they're on every site. I have my differences of opinion with the staff here, but they're just that. They're professional and friendly, I'm not sure what problems you had else where but I don't think there will be anything like that here.

Can't be too sure, its been one after another in the past. I just never liked the ones to tend to be selfish and outright rude. Had been kicked off one because they thought I was comparing sites, all it was about is why they had the wrong name for something else entirely. I'm Cedar here knows what I mean, it was a simple question, not at all an attack on them.

But the one thing that said was that I never understand why they kicked me for saying, "Why do people always misunderstand my topics." Is that really a punishable offense? I have a right to ask anything.

Can't be too sure, its been one after another in the past. I just never liked the ones to tend to be selfish and outright rude. Had been kicked off one because they thought I was comparing sites, all it was about is why they had the wrong name for something else entirely. I'm Cedar here knows what I mean, it was a simple question, not at all an attack on them.

But the one thing that said was that I never understand why they kicked me for saying, "Why do people always misunderstand my topics." Is that really a punishable offense? I have a right to ask anything.

I can't speak for individuals on the staff here and I can't speak for those you have had negative experiences with. Sorry. What I can say is that no staff member on this board has ever been outright rude to me and I've never seen them kick anyone or punish anyone without good reason. 

Do you realllly think this topic would still be up if they did?

BTW: Very common misconception! On someone elses website you do not have the  "right" to ask whatever you want, you are on their site, They decide if you  do or do not, "freedom of speech" just means the government can't silence you, private websites, and businesses can :)

Well, like Dreamy said, no mod is going to flat out say they're jerks...except Rarity apparently. XD

But as for other users? Well, if they thought they weren't all that fair, then why would they still be active on the site? And considering I haven't seen much complaining about that, I'd say this place is pretty good. :D

Basically this was their response to my questions about the site, I was in no way abusing anyone. Comparing sites is my way of finding out which would be more enjoyable, but seeing as this was the result, its questionable to do this to me.

Hello. If you're seeing this page, then this means that you have been banned. It was clear, after examining your account, that you did not intend to behave with respect to this site and its members. Because of this, you were banned.

Being able to participate in a community is a gift and a privilege. It should be treasured and every effort should be made to show that it is treasured. You made minimal or no effort, and you have been met at your level of investment.

There are other communities where you will fit in more appropriately. I hope that you find them and wish you well. Take care. Please note, "I didn't deserve this" is not a valid reason to contact us. There are no moderation disputes. Quite frankly, we don't have the time to spend on that, when we could use that time to continue to make the community a better place for those that aren't banned.

In my honest opinion, I didn't do anything worth this punishment. so here's the things I asked:

1. Why a "brohoof" was called a "boop"?

2. Is this site safe?(the proper response would have been to answer it regardless of relevance.)

3. Finally, I ask in a status update: Why must everyone misunderstand my topics.

This is not to make comparisons, just to get a opinion on if this case was handled poorly.

I can't speak to other sites and why they banned you. All I can speak for is our staff. We are not perfect, but we will always strive to be fair and open to communication, and seek to apply the rules in as user-friendly a way as possible. We are imperfect creatures by design but we hope you enjoy your stay- you have jack to fear from us.

mlp-phuh.pnghuh? I'm not trying to get anyone to admit anything, I know there are a few or more that will never say such a thing. I'm just trying to collect information on the sites I visit for my reviews, nothing more. I hope you guys don't have anything against this.

Well, we're really not in a place to give an opinion on another site's decision. It certainly sounds like they were in the wrong from how you describe the situation, but there are two sides to every story and without knowing everything that went into the decision it's impossible to come to an objective conclusion, and even if we could, it really wouldn't be our place to weigh in on something like that as what other sites do doesn't really have anything to do with us.

Ultimately all we can say is that we try to be as fair as we possibly can be with our users. :)

I may have overreacted, but it wasn't my fault it happened. Its more from my AS, causes me to be sometimes over sensitive. Being like that isn't bad thing, is it? Plus the staff there didn't even try to talk with me, that whole, "Yeah... Your banned" thing sounds more like, "Yeah... you're on your own". That's just really inconsiderate.

Archived