New Friends in Ponyville (closed)

RainbowFoxxy

spitfirebanner_zps17486715.jpg

"Ok, here we go!" Spitfire let a slim smile spread over her muzzle as she gained altitude at a dizzying speed. Far, far below the town of Ponyville was abuzz with excitement. It had been at least a couple of seasons since the Wonderbolts had come to preform for the general population of the quaint town and Spitfire was going to make sure they got a good show! Already the second tier team had put on a great performance, turning all eyes upwards as they spiraled and sped through the air! However, nothing compared to the awesome tactics and precision techniques of the top Wonderbolts athletes!

"Keep it together! Wing to wing Bolts!" The Captain yelled as they rounded the top apex and headed downwards in a feat of flips and spirals that the residents of Ponyville had never seen before! The Wonderbolts were preforming above the main street of the town that had little booths lining the sidewalks. It was a town fair and lots of the vendors were out displaying their wares. The colors of the booths appeared as specks at the height Spitfire and the others were winging down from.

Moments later the epic move had been completed and they were sailing over the heads of an applauding crowd, flames streaking out behind them as they formed the "V" formation before landing among the elated ponies. Spitfire was crowded in on all sides by fans asking for autographs and photos with their hero. The yellow mare was used to it, though the novelty had worn off. Still she flipped her shades over her eyes and smiled, signing away on papers held in the hooves of all kinds of ponies.

Once her fans were satiated, Spitfire began to walk among the booths, wondering if anypony might have something of interest for her. She would get back with her team a little later. It had been a good show, they deserved to just enjoy themselves for a little while.

"Oh Ponyville, you never cease to amaze." She smiled as she walked by the wares and foods on display. It was going to be a fine afternoon.

To say that Aloe was excited for today was an understatement. Her and her sister had just gotten back from their vacation in Tall Tail Town, and by a stroke of luck, as soon as they got back into town, they caught wind of a show performance by the Wonderbolts. The Wonderbolts hadn't been in Ponyville for quite a while. She knew it had to to have been a t least a couple of years since she had heard of their last show being in town. She chalked it up to probably all of the chaos that's been occurring around Ponyville the last couple seasons. A giant power stealing centaur thing dueling Princess Twilight and exchanging massive exploding objects of magic towards each other she imagined to be very good incentive as to why not to come to Ponyville. Thankfully, this year seemed to be quiet for the most part, and after she heard that they were here well... she wasn't about to miss the most talented flyers in Equestria show off their amazing acrobatics, or the possible sales from the market venue that would no doubt turn up.

She peacefully sat at her stall and watched the performance, a smile beaming on her face during the entire event. Of course she cheered and yelled her excitement just like any other pony, but being a pony on business, she couldn't quite be as enthusiastic as she may have liked. However, this proved to be a good thing as when the show ended, many of the ponies that were around her had lost their ability to form any coherent speech because of all the screaming they did during the show. The show ended about as quickly as it started and the finale was nothing short of amazing. The combination of flips that looked like only a contortionist could do, and how they made it seamless flow into the Flying V was incredible. 

Once the Wonderbolts had finished their final stunt, they landed and were immediately flocked by ponies trying to get autographs. "Welp, I guess that means I better get back to business," she said as more ponies started coming back into the market booths that had been set up for the event. A few more ponies came by and she could at the very least say that every single pony left her stall with something. Whether it was something that she sold them, or a free sample of some of their lotions or oils, was an entirely different manner. Although she was starting to run a bit low on the sample packs. If worst came to worst though, she could always open one of the products and use it for samples and take the rest home for herself. Of course that being said, when Spitfire began to browse the market place, she about lost herself, but made sure that the professional appearance remained intact as she continued to display her products.

• 2 weeks later...

Spitfire browsed from cart to stall to booth. Sure, she would have to preform again later in the day but for now she could look around. Being a celebrity did have it's drawbacks but since there weren't that many ponies in Ponyville she was still able to keep moving among the vendors. Of course she had to stop to sign signatures and smile at fans but that was normal mode of operation for Spitfire.

"Thanks for all your attention everypony! I always enjoy visiting Ponyville!" She smiled and waved, trying to duck out of a small crowd that had gathered. As she rounded a set of stalls she came upon a booth that seemed to be vending salon supplies. There weren't that many ponies around yet so she figured perhaps she could hide out for a bit. After coming near she noticed a pretty mare running the booth.

"Hi! Do you mind if i hide out here for a little while." She sniffed the air appreciatively. "Wow, that stuff smells really good." She pointed to one of the products that had been set out. "What is it?" Spitfire spoke while ducking around the back of the stall. She really just wanted to hang out and look over the products for a little bit. It didn't hurt that the mare running it was quite attractive.

• 2 weeks later...

The market place seemed to be quite bustling once the first part of the show had concluded. Everypony had begun traversing the stalls once more in pursuit of something that they could either take home as a souvenir or something that they could snack on. Unfortunately, top-of-the-line, all-natural, hoof-made spa shampoos, conditioners and balms were not part of the aforementioned areas. They were refreshments yes, but not refreshments that ponies could make use of during the event. Still, Aloe figured the samples would get their name out and would be good for the business at the spa.

To her luck though, the fact that her stall wasn't booming with ponies seemed to work out in her favor for once, as she noticed Spitfire, the leader of The Wonderbolts, walking right towards her stall, and right towards her. She figured that she was probably just moving past the stall, as there were many behind her as well, but when she started talking to her, mainly asking if she could hide out here for a bit, and then ducked behind the stall. This just happened.... This just happened!!! the little filly squealed on the inside as her professional postured remained mostly calm. "Of course you can hide out here for a bit. I can imagine that after a few shows you'd just want a few moments to rest and collect yourself," she smiled.

When Spitfire commented on one of her products, how it smelled really nice and asked what it was, she smiled. "This particular product is part of our Soothe & Moisturize line. It's made using willow bark extract, honey, and lavender. The willow bark accentuates the lavender's pain dulling properties while still maintaining the scent integrity of the lavender, and the honey helps the skin retain moisture and helps keep a glimmer in your coat as well. It's one of our top-line products. You're welcome to take a bottle for yourself to try if you like!" she smiled to the mare. 

The willow bark accentuates the lavender's pain dulling properties while still maintaining the scent integrity of the lavender,

Spitfire ducked down lower into the stall as a group of younger ponies trotted by. She thought she could hear them talking about the Wonderbolts show and that's all she needed to want to avoid them right now. Not that Spitfire didn't enjoy her fans. She certainly did! it was just that they had done a couple shows already today and there were more in a another town tomorrow. The yellow mare just needed some time to herself to relax! Maybe it was fate that she had ended up in this particular booth. Maybe this pony could help her!

"Pain dulling huh?" She flexed her right wing a little. "You know, Ive actually been a little soar the last few days. Especially this wing right here." She nodded to her wing and she tucked it back up against her body. "I guess it's just too many shows in a row for too many days and then dealing with all my fans. I like them of course, it just well... I'm kind of feeling a little tired lately. I really need to relax." She smiled a little and looked at the pony in the stall with her. "You know what I mean?"

• 2 weeks later...

Aloe watched the pegasus near her, flexing her wing. While she wasn't an expert on pegasi, she was familiar enough to know that more often than not if a pegasus was flexing their wing and it wasn't because they were flying or trying to take off, it was usually uncomfortable for some reason. Considering the burden that a pegasus' wing has to endure, it's no small stretch to imagine that they tend to be quite uncomfortable and sometimes even painful towards the end of the day. Her assessment didn't appear to be too far off either as Spitfire spoke up, commenting on the pain dulling aspects of the lotion. She added that she had been a bit sore over the last few days, especially in the wing that she had been flexing. She tucked it back up against her body before commenting that it was perhaps too many shows in a row for too many days. Aloe felt sorry for her a little bit, but she could understand where they were. They had fans and those shows payed their bills just like the spa paid for her's and Lotus's. When she mentioned that she was feeling kind of tired lately and just really needed to relax, she nodded.

"I do know exactly how you feel. A hard day's work at the spa with our clients is much the same. Long hours on your hooves with not much time for a break. At least on our busy days. We do have some slow days where we're empty for most of the day, but doesn't make anything less enjoyable. With that said, you mentioned that you need to relax, perhaps I could interest you in one of our spa packages that we have that would be perfect for what ails you. We can make a soak out of this lotion to where you will feel all the benefits from the lotion in the form of a warm bath, and my sister is one of the best massage therapists in Equestria. Might I ask, when is your next show?"

We can make a soak out of this lotion to where you will feel all the benefits from the lotion in the form of a warm bath, and my sister is one of the best massage therapists in Equestria. Might I ask, when is your next show?

There was something about how this pony talked that instantly soothed the preforming pegasus. Her heart rate slowed a little, she was able to take a bit deeper breath, even her head felt a little better. If this package of spa treatment she was offering felt anything like just spending a couple minutes in the spa's stall, well, she really wanted to go there! Spitfire glanced at the sun, noting the estimated time of day by it. It was a little after midday at the moment. The Captain smiled and pushed her flight goggles a little further up between her ears.

"Actually the next show isn't until tonight. We put on night shows every once in a while. It's almost the same show just with added fireworks and some fire affects. It's a pretty cool show, but again, it hurts my wing just thinking about it. I mean, I don't have a day off for a long time but I do at least have the afternoon. The crowds won't be going anywhere so you can still sell your products tonight. Plus I could get one of my recruits to watch your supplies for you." She was suddenly so excited about the prospect of visiting Aloe's salon that she forgot to find out if that was even something the other pony was up for. "I mean, if that's cool with you of course." She gave the mare a slightly sheepish grin.

Spitfire was usually pretty good about keeping her cool but this mare made her feel different. She couldn't quite place it. She did know she was enjoying their time of getting to know each other so far. She also found herself longing to have her strained wing cared for.

• 2 weeks later...

So the next show wasn't until tonight... Aloe would have hoped that the next show would have at least had been the next day so that Spitfire could benefit from the full experience of the spa. She added that it was pretty much the same show though except they had more fireworks and stuff that they could use because of the fact that it was a night show and it would create good lighting effects. She also heard a small wing of dread in her voice when she mentioned that her wing hurt just thinking about the next show. Her next set of words though seemed to heavily hint at the fact that she would like to indeed go to the spa, and moreso, right this very second. Aloe could not say no to a mare in her time of need, and this mare was definitely in need off a treatment of some sort.

"Well, I would have normally preferred a bit more time to work with a client but this afternoon should be enough time to at the very least get the ache out of your wing for the day, and if you come back and see me after the final show tonight, I'll make sure your wing is loose and well rested for tomorrow. That said, we can start heading to the spa now if you would like. We should have enough time for a soak and a short massage," Aloe said with a smile. "You said you had somepony that could watch over my supplies until we got back?" she asked. Truthfully she it didn't really matter. Of course she would love to sell them but she could always make more in the spa's down time, although some of the ingredients weren't cheap, it was better that a pony had a healthy coat and body in general than ti was for her to make a few extra bits.

"You said you had somepony that could watch over my supplies until we got back?"

Spitfire smiled as the mare told her there was time enough to get some help for her hurt wing. "Great! Yes, I've got a couple ponies who can watch the booth for you."

It wasn't long before two Wonderbolts ensigns appeared on the scene. They were both capable pegasi and more than willing to watch over the stall.

"These two won't let me down..." She winked at them. "Right?" They nodded in agreement, knowing this was part of their training as Wonderbolt hopefuls.

"Ok, we're all set here. Let's get going to the spa!" She glanced around. They would have to move quickly to keep her fans from noticing her. She would be back that evening and ready to put on another good show but for now...she needed a rest!

"Come on! Let's try this way!" She trotted off, away from the stalls, into a side street of Ponyville. "So, which way is the spa?" She glanced at the other mare. "Oh, I'm Spitfire by the way...what's your name?" It came with the territory of being famous, she often forgot to ask names since most ponies knew hers.

• 2 weeks later...

Aloe smiled as Spitfire told her that she did have somepony, or rather a couple ponies that could watch the stall for her. Aloe nodded as the couple of pegasi came that Spitfire mentioned came over to watch the stall. She gave an excited nod when Spitfire acknowledged that they were all set here at the booth before turning to the couple of pegasi that would be watching her stall. "As an extension of my gratitude for watching my booth while I tend to Spitfire's wing, you may have one bottle of any shampoo of your choice without cost. Just... make sure you read the label do you don't grab something you may not like..." she smiled to them as the two mares departed from the stand as the slipped off of the main street.

When Spitfire paused and asked what direction the spa was, Aloe smiled. "It's actually just at the end of this street here. Well, the main street anyway but we'll be able to get there from this one. It is less traveled, and should be dead with the show still taking the attention of most of Ponyville. We should be able to get to the spa without any interruptions," she smiled as Spitfire paused for a moment to introduce herself and in turn ask for her name. "It is a pleasure Miss Spitfire. My name is Aloe Blossum, and my Sister, who co-owns the spa with me is Lotus Blossum. Although I think she's actually part of the crowd in stands for the show, at least if I remember correctly anyways," she asked.

As the two continues, Aloe began to formulate some ideas on how to best address the situation. Since they had very limited time to work with she needed a precise method of attack to sooth Spitfire's wing so that it would be limber and painless for the next show. "So, Miss Spitfire, For how long has you wing been bothering you, and how often does it flare up. Does it hurt more during a certain part of the show or under any specific point of pressure?" she asked trying to get as much information before they got to the spa.

• 2 weeks later...

Spitfire smiled warmly as the mare introduced herself by name. She liked this Aloe, she just made Spitfire feel calm. And it was nice to have somepony wonder how she could help her out. Usually the fans only wanted to get an autograph or share a few stammering words with Spitfire, but Aloe was different. She was also genuinely concerned for the captain's well being.

As the mare asked about her wing Spitfire flexed it slowly upwards. It felt stiff as the way from where it connected to her side, out to her pinions. "Well, the whole thing just feels really stiff after shows. Especially here to here." She gestured to the base of the wing and her chest. "Like I did a really hard workout. I mean the show aren't easy, but they really aren't like doing a gym workout or something. I just don't usually get that sore. Oh and when we do loops during the show or spirals, the increased outwards pressure makes my wing hurt too. Like it feels kind of like a burning feeling, like the muscles are being pulled."

The kept moving down the road until they were in front of the spa. "So, you think we can get it feeling better before the show?" She smiled hopefully at her new friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Aloe nodded as Spitfire listed off everything that she was feeling in her wings. She paid particular attention to them when she was addressing the wing in question that had been giving her the most issues. She mentioned that they felt really stiff between air shows between the base of her wing around the primary joint, along down to her chest. She continued saying that it felt like she did a really hard work out, adding that the shows that they did weren't easy, but they weren't like doing a workout in a gym. Aloe once again gave a nod, and once more when she said that it gave her a burning feeling like the muscles were being pulled.

When Spitfire also asked if she could have her wing ready for the show tonight, Aloe nodded once more in conformation. "That is the plan. I don't foresee any issues arising, so I should be able to have it quite loose for the show tonight, but I want you back here tomorrow morning so that I can do the full massage proper tomorrow and keep if from stiffing up again for quite a while. Now, I have a very important question, especially due to where you say the tension is located. Do you feel more pain when you are raising your wing, lowering your wing, or both?" she asked. If she could get that information, she would know which muscle she needed to focus on for what small amount of time that they have.

Spitfire raised and then lowered her wing experimentally, trying to decide. "Hmmm...well, I think it's mostly when I raise the wing." She raised it again and nodded. "Yep, definitely when it's raised. I think that's why I've had trouble finishing the loops in the last couple of shows. Doing a full loop requires a lot of extension up."

She turned and looked at the pony she was walking with for a moment. This Aloe really was nice and super relaxing to be around. Spitfire could really use more friends like her. All of her friends were involved with the Wonderbolts these days. She had lost touch with her old friends over the years. Those that didn't have to do with the flying team. It would be a relief to talk about things besides the Bolts for a while.

They were standing in front of the salon now. Spitfire smiled at the new friends, her eyes glimmering. "So, this is the place huh? Looks nice."

As she waited to be let in she continued. "Thanks so much for helping me out. And yeah, I'm down for coming back in the morning tomorrow."

So Spitfire's wing was causing more discomfort when she was raising her wing rather than lowering it. She explained that could be why she was having issues completely loops because of how they needed a lot of extension to make it all the way around. "Okay, considering we're dealing with a dull ache and stiffness. We can rule out anything major. That said it sounds like you have a strained Supracoracoideus Muscle in your left wing, the muscle that is responsible for raising your wing. It's also possible that there is a slight strain in your pectoralis, the muscle that pulls your wing back down. Both of which with a bit of massaging, should be good to go for tonight, but the massage today will just be a temporary fix to loosen them for the show tonight," she said making her diagnosis of what the main issues were. Now, she wasn't a medical pony by any means, but she did know muscles and how they worked. That was one of the things that her sister taught her was important to being a good masseur was knowing a customers problem points and the potential problem points they may have.

After a few moments they had gotten to the salon and before too much of a wait, Aloe unlocked the door and brought Spitfire inside before locking the door back up behind them so that no pony else would mistake them for being open. Also in anypony might have happened to see Spitfire walk into the spa. Now was not a time for this mare to be swarmed by fans. She needed to relax so that Aloe would be able to give her the best service possible. When she complimented the spa, Aloe nodded. "It isn't one of the big fancy high-priced spas that you'll find in Trottingham, Manehatten, or Canterlot, but you'll never find purer ingredients anywhere else. I know, my parents make their supplies. Like I said in the booth, my sister and I make our own, and only out of ingredients that we can find here, with the exception from our ash mud baths. We get our volcanic ash imported in from The Epponines," she smiled, it growing when Spitfire said that she could definitely come back in the morning.

"Oh thank Celestia. Please make whatever kind of note that you need to in order to remind yourself. Like I said on the way here. Today is a temp fix for tonight. It will be quite sore and quite stiff if not by tomorrow morning, definitely by the day after tomorrow. In order to fully work the tension out, I'll need to do a deep tissue massage, which can take quite a while, and a lot more time than we have today," she said addressing the mare in front of her. As much as she didn't want to scare her potential client away, she couldn't begin working on her wing without her fully understanding what could happen if she forgot to come back tomorrow. It was possible that the massage today could work out the tension if it isn't overbearing, but most of the time, the patients that come in getting the one or two hour treatments will be sore again in a couple of days. The proper way to work out the tension was to start hard, and end soft and hot.

• 2 weeks later...

"Wow, I like this place." Spitfire pushed her sunglasses up to her forelocks so she could take a look around. it wasn't all that fancy but it certainly was well cared for. "I like it better than those big fancy places." She smiled a winning smile at her new friend. It was nice to be treated as an equal for a change. It was always fans, and Wonderbolts, and who knew who else trying to get her attention. Aloe was just friendly and happy to be of assistance. She could use more ponies like this in her life.

As the salon mare gave her prognosis Spitfire nodded. that sounded about right. she was no expert in muscles, all she knew was the sport side of things and the trainers never really explained what they were doing. After Aloe was done explaining the benefits of return visits Spitfire looked around again. They didn't have a ton of time so she just kept thing moving along.

"Sounds like you've got a ton of experience Aloe. I'm glad to ran into out there today!" She stretched her wing one more time. "So, should I sit down or lay down or what's best?"

• 2 weeks later...

Aloe nodded when Spitfire made the comment that it sounded like she had a lot of experience, and that she was glad that she ran into her today. The last comment made her feel a bit giddy, but she still kept her professional approach. She also gave a small smile when she heard Spitfire say that she liked this place a lot better than some of big fancy places. This made her heart flutter a bit to get such a compliment from somepony as important as she was. When she asked if she should sit or lay down, Aloe motioned to the padded massage table. "For best results on the area we're focusing on today, Laying on your side opposite of the one that is causing you issues would be best. This particular table has a wing-slot in it so that when we massages pegasi, we don't risk damaging a wing from them laying on it wrong." she instructed. "Once we finish the massage, we'll do a quick soak to relax any remaining ache away for the night." she added, waiting for Spitfire to move into position.

(Sorry for short post, was more of a set up post.)

Spitfire nodded and got into position on the massage table. The only time a pegasi could comfortable in the position she was currently in was when they rested on clouds. Clouds had the the lovely ability to make room for one's wings should a pegasi decide to lay on their side or on their back. It was odd to be able to rest comfortably on something that wasn't up in the sky. She let her good wing rest in the slot on the table and lay down with her back facing Aloe. As she got comfortable the Wonderbolts Captain questioned her.

"So Aloe, what do you like to do for fun? Obviously you like your job." She turned her head and winked at her new friend. "And you're really good at it." She smiled. "But what else do you like?"

Spitfire had received sports massages many times but this was the first time she had gotten one from somepony in a salon. She wondered how it would feel in comparison. The sports ones tended to hurt quite a bit. The trainers who preformed them didn't do it to make their one being massaged feel good. The only thing that mattered was getting whatever muscle had been strained worked out. 

Aloe watched with a small smile as Spitfire made her way onto the table. Her wing had tucked wonderfully into the little notch that her and her sister had designed into it with their pegasus customers in mind. Once her customer was comfortable, she retrieved everything that she was going to need for the massage. Grapeseed oil was most likely to give the best results for the massage in such a short amount of time. When Spitfire asked what she liked to do for fun, adding that she was sure that she liked her job and all, but more of what she did outside of the spa. She gave another small smile and she drizzled some of the oil around where she was going to be focusing on Spitfire during the massage. Lightly, she began to rub around her chest and just above the wing shoulder where the Supracoracoideus Muscle and the Pectoralis Muscle were at, staying gentle with her movements at first, trying to work around them to try to figure out where the strain was in the muscles.

"Well, during the holiday season we will generally head back to Trottingham to spend those days with our parents and our other Sister Vera who decided to stay within the family business of making and distributing spa products to the big name salons in that area. Otherwise, during the normal days, I enjoy reading, taking long trips to the park, and just being able to relax. With all of our specials and sales, and the spa being run primarily with just myself and my sister. I don't get to do that as much as I would like anymore, but making others happy is also something that I get great enjoyment out of," she smiled to Spitfire. "Now, as I start massaging into the deeper tissue, you might feel a bit of discomfort. Unfortunately to get to the rood of the strain, this isn't really possible to avoid, but I will do what I can to lessen how much of it you feel," she said in warning. "This is also why I recommended the soak afterwards because the soak will help ease away what bit of discomfort may have been felt from the massage," she added.

• 3 weeks later...

Spitfire's eyes closed a little as the massage to her wing muscles began. She was glad it felt good to start with but if she knew anything about sports medicine massages, it wouldn't stay comfortable for too long. She tried to enjoy the feeling while it lasted while listening to Aloe.

"It's nice to have a break and just relax," Spitfire nodded. "I totally understand not getting enough relaxing time. Being on the Wonderbolts is a really busy job, but it sounds like your's is too!"

Eventually Aloe began to work on the strained muscles. It was not super painful but definitely didn't feel good like it had before. Spitfire tried to keep herself calm. The more relaxed she could be, the more the massage would help.

"Yeah, I'm already looking forward to that soak." She groaned a tiny bit. "I'll let you know if it starts to hurt too much."

Archived