Accusing another member?

CandyStar

I have just a quick question for any mod/admin who will listen, if say a mod/admin should accuse a member of theft or the like, should proof be given? Considering the accusation, it would be advised to do so. This would give closure to the one being kicked off, right?

We do not do "name and shames" here.  Investigations are conducted by staff to determine if art theft was indeed conducted.  Disciplinary action is then deliberated over and issued if it is determined to be necessary.

One last thing: Let's say if I used a video for a demonstration of my point on a topic, and you asked for the source link url. Videos on Youtube have a url in the title name, which directly links to the content source. Would I still get in trouble if I didn't give one if it was already linked in the video itself? It happened to me once, and I thought it was a bit odd that it was requested when it had one already.

One last thing: Let's say if I used a video for a demonstration of my point on a topic, and you asked for the source link url. Videos on Youtube have a url in the title name, which directly links to the content source. Would I still get in trouble if I didn't give one if it was already linked in the video itself? It happened to me once, and I thought it was a bit odd that it was requested when it had one already.

I think you're getting a bit too specific here. You're going from art theft into posting videos and asking for how we would handle very specific situations concerning linking, theft, and so on. How we handle each individual situation is staff discretionary, usually with the entire mod team having a look at something before reaching a decision on how to handle it, especially if it's a "grey area" instead of an obvious breach of the site rules.

We could sit here for pages and go over each situation you could cook up, but the bottom line is this: I think how we approach each problem on this forum is fair, intelligent, and doesn't follow the arbitrary behavior you may be used to on other sites. Rather than worry about breaking the rules of the site using "what if?" scenarios, just PM a staff member if you're not sure about posting something.

I think you're getting a bit too specific here. You're going from art theft into posting videos and asking for how we would handle very specific situations concerning linking, theft, and so on. How we handle each individual situation is staff discretionary, usually with the entire mod team having a look at something before reaching a decision on how to handle it, especially if it's a "grey area" instead of an obvious breach of the site rules.

We could sit here for pages and go over each situation you could cook up, but the bottom line is this: I think how we approach each problem on this forum is fair, intelligent, and doesn't follow the arbitrary behavior you may be used to on other sites. Rather than worry about breaking the rules of the site using "what if?" scenarios, just PM a staff member if you're not sure about posting something.

Okay, sorry if I got too caught up in this.

Archived