How sensitive is Rainbow Dash?

CandyStar

We have all seen those moments where Rainbow Dash seems to breakdown crying, but not always. I'm trying to do a fic on her, but lack any understanding of her sensitivity to certain situations. So I ask everyone here if they could help me get a clearer picture of it, that would be great.

To me it really depends on the context of the situation. In Tanks for the Memories her sadness was more about grief and dealing with loss. Compare this sadness with, perhaps, flunking her Wonderbolt test (disappointment with herself) or missing out on getting some cider (disappointment paired with a problem). Emotions take many different forms. To me, Rainbow is very prideful, self-motivated character and doesn't like to show weakness in front of her friends -- but that doesn't exclude her from accepting help once it's offered and she's exhausted all other options. Her sensitivity lies within her image of self-worth and the context of the situation, and her ability to overcome her problems through force of will and bravado.

I think her sensitivity is focused on her own goals. When she was threatened with being kicked out of the Wonderbolts in Rarity Investigates she was very upset because it relates to her goal. When she gets upset hearing that Tank had to hibernate, it was her pet. Yet when somepony is upset about something not directly related to her, she doesn't seem to get as upset with it.

I'd really have to agree. Rainbow Dash is pretty self-centered, so she only gets really upset and out-of-it when it's something that directly affects her. But, this also goes both ways, as she also gets really excited and happy when something really good happens to her.

Such as when she got to fly in the Wonderbolt's show alongside Spitfire in last week's episode.

I'd really have to agree. Rainbow Dash is pretty self-centered, so she only gets really upset and out-of-it when it's something that directly affects her. But, this also goes both ways, as she also gets really excited and happy when something really good happens to her.

She's my least favorite of the Mane 6, because she's the meanest of the six.

Like you said, self-centered.

I dislike very self-centered people.

Noo meanest out of the mane six is Fluttershy, we've seen it on several occasions.

Can you please keep the other mane six out of the topic? Unless you have a moment that related to RD's sensitivity, I ask that you keep it out of the discussion.

Archived