Roundtable rivals (Skype)

SunsetSombra

ukvinyl.png

Octavia breathed deep of the train air, window open, the train just starting to chug along. The rhythm of the train once it gets going was enchanting, the way ponies walked on them symbolic- in an inebriated state, at least- of a concert. This was especially true when she took the train with the Maven of Concerts, the Conductor of Crowds, her fillyfriend Vinyl Scratch. They were taking a slow train to Stalliongrad, set to arrive in two days for a musical showcase for their company. She could have taken anypony- but there was no other choice other than her. 

"This should be a special event, shouldn't it Vinyl?"

Vinyl was a social mare - the kind of pony who could probably make the best of most long trips, so long as she had access to anything that could turn the potential tedium into a good time...she also liked the interactions between herself and other ponies on the move. Plenty of times she had managed to turn around a slow and uneventful trip into an impromptu moment of entertainment. Right now, however, she was just relaxing...it wasn't like she needed to turn on the charm for the evening, there weren't really all that many ponies around to get into conversation with yet, save one very loveable earth pony cellist. " Heck yeah! " came her typically cheery response, a small chuckle escaping. " We'll show 'em out there we mean business for sure! "

“Yes. That we mean business," Octavia smirked, her hoof traveling around Scratch's horn. She always wondered if the base itched as much as the back of an ear or a leg. There were so many mysteries in life and a pony had so little time to explore them all, constrained to one place, one love, one life, but for Octavia that may as well have been a word without barriers. As long as she had Vinyl and music, Octavia never had to ask a question and fear not getting an answer. One way or another, she would always get an answer and thanks to Vinyl, that would often be a good one.

“Yes. Business, business, business. But pleasure too, if I might be so bold. Tell me, what did you bring with you for this trip? Besides your musical equipment, I mean. Vinyl Scratch without her music is like Celestia without the sun,” Octavia purred, laughing as the train picked up speed.

Vinyl gave a small chuckle - the playful question not exactly catching her offguard. " Ehhh, I have a few things in the ol' case - a few boardgames, some comics...and a few general things for out and about'ness such as a ball an' a Frisbee. " - Whilst Vinyl may not have been the most physically active in an exercise sense, she still enjoyed a little outdoors fun now and then.

She settles back on the chair and gives her casual smirk, gaze returned back at Octavia with a curious enquiring gleam. " So what about yourself? You seemed to take a while packin'...did you find a long lost treasure map in your drawers or what? " The DJ Unicorn quipped teasingly at her delightfully fun Earth Pony partner in crime. " If ya did, I'm totally in for adventure! "

Octavia smiled. Her mare had come well stocked for a party, no doubt. You could rely on Vinyl to always think about what was best for others first- followed quickly by how best to have fun. No doubt this was an infuriating scenario for some ponies out there but for Octavia she was more than pleased by it. It allowed their love to be reciprocated evenly and fairly. Octavia thought about others first too. And, well, that other was Vinyl. 

Love could be a crazy thing for crazy ponies but for artistic ponies such as them it was a more artistic experience, the tapestry they were working on the envy of many. Jealousy was bad of course, but it felt good sometimes to be the object of it! Octavia winked. “Well, I packed plenty. But that will be for us in private. For now, what should we get to eat?”

" Priva-...OH, Oh...right! " the Unicorn mare almost bursts out laughing at the realization of what was implied, but manages to stop herself short and catches her breath...there was a time and place to indulge her less civilized mindsets. Octavia had asked the eternal question for which she needed to concentrate and decide just what consumables needed to be, well, consumed!

" Hmm, well.... " She shrugs and runs a hoof through the cobalt and electric dualtone mane, which was worn somewhat more scruffily owing to the lack of any attempted preparation she might have given it on any other day...and that was usually just all of 5 minutes with a comb! " I hear they do some great pancakes and such here...although I guess I could probably wolf back a few burgers beforehoof - then again, I'm kinda down for anything so long as it's got some kinda taste! "

Pedestrian suggestions from an unusually unpedestrian mare, a shock to the core of Octavia's fascination with Vinyl. Where was the excitement? The duality? Tssk tssk. First it was not being creative with your food options, then it was being decidedly uninteresting musically. Whatever was a mare to do with Vinyl? Octavia pondered hoof to chin this dilemma. Then she shrugged.

“Why not combine them? The chaotic mixture certainly seems to have a certain, sublime intensity of duality and enticement, does it not?”

Archived