His Illustrious, Inestimable (and Inexcusable) Majesty, Prince Blueblood!

Blueblood

prince_blueblood_galla_by_peachspices-d3

Why, hello there!

Always good to see a commoner take interest; it's been so hard to find anypony showing the proper respect these days.

You already know who I am, of course, but for the sake of upholding the social pleasantries, allow me to introduce myself.  I am Prince Blueblood the LVI, direct descendent of Princess Platinum, nephew to the Royal Sisters, etc.  I've got dozens of other titles, naturally, but I've been told not to elaborate upon them unless asked.

No doubt you have seen me around the Canterlot Social Scene.  Admittedly, it can be something of a bore, but I like to think that when I grace a occasion or Gala-

Oh.

Right.

About that...

Well, if I'm being perfectly frank, a Prince has certain expectations of the deference due to him!  The only thing was, so do most mares.  The end results of a certain collision of such with a now-famous fashionista... are well known enough by now for me not to detail.

Alright, I admit, my behavior on that occasion skirted social acceptability.  By which I mean it hardly touched the right side of the boundary at all.  But put yourself in my position!  What exactly am I supposed to think of a mare who comes out of nowhere, without introduction, attempting to initiate a romance?  It hardly indicates respectable intentions.

In any case, due to Auntly decree I'm to try and avoid these sorts of misunderstandings in the future.  And I am trying, really!  Our newest Princess informs me that finding a few friends is the best way of going about this business, and I suppose she ought to know.  I intend to follow her advice; I may be considered dense, but I know a jolly good wheeze when I see it.

prince_blueblood_by_memershnick-d5vqpq8.

What?  What are you looking at me like that for?  A stallion can dream, can't he?

Major Character Developments:

Well, this happened.  It's the last time I sneeze while Princess Twilight is casting a healing spell on me.

elusive_wishes_he_did___askprincessblueb

I'll admit, it could have turned out worse.  At least this won't go on forever... right?

Profile:

It has come to my attention that a fellow of good taste and breeding has taken it upon himself to represent me.  How delightful!

I always felt that the fandom was way too harsh on Blueblood, honestly he acted exactly the same expectation wise as Rarity 8U

Well, I don't know if we acted exactly the same, though I'll admit we both had inaccurate assumptions about the other.

OOC: Agreed, but he has his defenders; and I've noticed that the stories which depict him as at least somewhat sympathetic are consistently better written than those that hew to the consensus.

• 1 month later...

A question for his illustrious Majesty Prince Blueblood: What does it feel like to be the only prince in all of Equestria?

Interesting question... though I honestly don't think I would feel all that different if one of my Aunties was an Uncle.  I feel that whether or not one is royal tends to be more important than what gender of royal you are.

Being a Prince in general is overall rather marvelous, of course.  Naturally, one is pressured to always appear at one's best, but that is a task to which I am fortunately very well suited!  

One must also consider the responsibilities that come with my position, but that is why We have a competent and well-paid staff!  (I'm also currently hiring, if you're interested...)

A question for Princess Bluebelle. I'm guessing it has been some little time now since your transformation. I understand you've been keeping yourself scarce from the public eye, but I'm sure at some point you've ventured outside once or twice, yes? If so, how have other ponies received you? Has anyone recognized you by virtue of your cutie mark? And have stallions (or mares!) paid you more than polite attention?

Interesting question... though I honestly don't think I would feel all that different if one of my Aunties was an Uncle.  I feel that whether or not one is royal tends to be more important than what gender of royal you are.

Being a Prince in general is overall rather marvelous, of course.  Naturally, one is pressured to always appear at one's best, but that is a task to which I am fortunately very well suited!  

One must also consider the responsibilities that come with my position, but that is why We have a competent and well-paid staff!  (I'm also currently hiring, if you're interested...)

I am interested...let me send you a pm.

A question for Princess Bluebelle. I'm guessing it has been some little time now since your transformation. I understand you've been keeping yourself scarce from the public eye, but I'm sure at some point you've ventured outside once or twice, yes? If so, how have other ponies received you? Has anyone recognized you by virtue of your cutie mark? And have stallions (or mares!) paid you more than polite attention?

I'll admit, immediately after my... little accident, I did rather take up the part of a hermit.  After all, I couldn't face the world until I could be sure that I was looking my best in my new form!... which took more work than you might expect.  The stride, the poses, my manestyle and dress... those all have to be changed to accommodate.

But I have now made my public debut at the wedding of a friend!  No one mistook me, of course; there's only one unicorn that with my caliber of looks, in whatever gender.  And I will say, my efforts to look my best have not gone unappreciated...

Archived