The Whole Truth and Nothing But- Official Applejack thread!

SteelEagle

Applejack is well known for a great many virtues. You want somepony who knows the value of good, honest work? Well, her name is synonymous with it. Anypony who works hard and takes pride in what they do should feel a little bit of her in them. You love your family? Nopony exemplifies familial love and loyalty, care and compassion, trust and respect like little ol' Applejack. And when you have a family, you'll learn why such behavior is perhaps the most important thing to have. You want to discuss somepony who has integrity? Somepony who is honest? You're looking at her. Applejack is that upstanding, upright, honorable part of all of us that wants to be recognized.

But wait, there's more!
Applejack_4019.png
Look at how adorable she is!

392593__safe_solo_applejack_animated_run

Look at how athletic she is!

569577__safe_solo_applejack_animated_scr

Look at how fierce she is!

mlfw1487_small.jpg

Look at how smart she is!

Now, you listen here'. Applejack is the best pony you ever could know, and she is justly proud of it. And if you'd like to, then pull up a chair, sit your weird, spindly human legs down next to the fire, and come talk about her. It might be a little weird for her since she isn't quite used to such talk, but heck, she's the friendliest pony there is-

- so it isn't like she'd stop you!

Today's Applejack fanfiction:

Sugar, Cubed

Applejack’s talents extend far beyond her family’s namesake crop, and until now she’s been content to keep that a secret. Whoever heard of a farmer that used advanced math, anyway? Today that’s going to change. Today she’s showing the world the other fruit of her labors, no matter how much it hurts to remember planting the seeds.  

Well when I have more time I would love to discuss expanded canon of Applejack beyond what we have directly been given on the show, including arts, fanfics, RP, and head canon.  For now have some little AJ pictures I drew:

z2eETYF.png

zgfaxCP.png

SMIHto0.png

bQ1wI2Z.png

N6IjsUQ.png

Wow, she sure has come a long way! In previous generations, she was a clumsy, wizard-killing silly pony... :smug:

I remember falling in love with AJ's design way back then...And thinking it was such a shame to waste such a wonderful looking character on some awful HUB show that was made only to sell cheap toys. Thankfully I was wrong..

2r4pzpw.jpg

I feel the show doesn't do her much justice, painting her a bit flat, we only ever hear about how stubborn she is, about family, and about how much she just LOVES Apples

I'd like to see more episodes like when she went to Manehattan with Rarity, where she showed her ability to do small things to accomplish big goals, or something  that goes more into her other interests (Seeing her be interested in mathmatics or bridalway would be awesome)

AJ and Pinkie are best ponies! Though AJ has held the spotlight for longer~ (I'd put Minuette here, but honestly, there isn't enough character development for her xP)

But anyways, I was thinking... Lore. Applejack lore. And Pinkie for that matter.

I haven't noticed anything in the fandom on it, but I find it absolutely fascinating that the uncertainty of whether Pinkie is an Apple is due to the fact that the genealogy records might have been sabotaged. It seems highly unlikely that all the records just happened to smudge. Oh, all the conspiracy theories~

But seriously, the show needs to dig deeper into Apple family history. Especially the smudging.

Anyone here got theories? o3o

The Apples and Pies being related is indeed very possible. The fact they come together to make Applepie is something that some scoff at, bit when you consider Equestrian naming conventions, it is indeed possible. When you consider how up in the air it is, it leads me to believe they are but the staff didn't want to, or were not allowed, to go that final step.
---

Apple Pie is good...

In fact, every name involving any sort of fruit is related to the Pie family.

Even the nuts and syrups.

Haha! Pinkie is nuts and sweet. She must be secretly known as Pecan Pie!

P. Pie, you can't tell the difference!

By the way, isn't there an Apple family member named Apple Pie?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Clearly the Best Pony.

Oh look, a Best Pony thread.

I think we all know Rosewind's opinions.

Anyways...

1027158__safe_applejack_screencap_animat

Time to discuss Rarajack in the pantheon of AJ ships. What are ye thoughts?

I don't ship ponies when there isn't at least one pony who is attracted to the other. I don't see Rara seeing AJ as anything more than a good friend, and I feel like AJ would have said something about Rara before if she really cared /that/ much.

Of course, Twilight has a brother who got married to Twilight's favorite foalsitter. Because everyone knew they existed beforehand.

Anyways, no. There ain't no pony in Equestria I'd ship with Applejack.

Except my OC of course~

• 2 weeks later...

I just wonder about Rarity and AJ's relationship...Out of the main six, they've known each other the longest since both were born in Ponyville, while the others were not. I wonder if they were foalhood friends..But in season 1 they weren't on very good terms with each other..Wonder what caused the rift? 

Oh, if we're going down this route...I have a few ideas.

1- My personal favorite: They dated for a while, it didn't turn out well. Still some rough patches needing to be smoothed over early on.
2- Tastes are so dissimilar. One walks one way, the other walks the other way. Only once forced together do they honestly get to know one another very well beyond being friendly townsponies with one another.

Add to it!

• 5 months later...

I often wonder what applejack G1 vs G4 would do and react if they met...

and the real question is

Who is the most silly pony?

13 hours ago, Polyblank said:

I often wonder what applejack G1 vs G4 would do and react if they met...

and the real question is

Who is the most silly pony?

Probably something like this..

marvelous.

On other notes, why we love applejack

She's such a reliable, honest pony and my personal favorite because she's the most realistic - I'd see her fitting in with society more then any of the others. Also, I do believe this page is lacking an applejack scrunchie.

226587__safe_applejack_animated_scrunchy 

Archived